Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
All this stupid b.s. aside, Jwoww is fine

Jwow is totally a dude bro. That girl is packing heat downstairs, check out her adam's apple.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
May be they got jobs on wall street and might take the PATH to work

Posted on: 2012/2/10 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Those two dimwits are such a bad match for downtown JC. Very few bars that fit their NJ cheesy demographic. It's not a late night drunk/club area at all.

I wonder if they'll ever ride the PATH, that would make for amusing reality TV. Who has a better chance of getting a seat: a third trimester pregnant woman or JWoww??

All you charming people who don't clean up after your dogs; please make a point of walking them near the old firehouse at Mercer and Grove....

Posted on: 2012/2/10 3:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It is cool here, I agree!

Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pattyb wrote:
Food for thought:

Just did a search for Snooki and Jersey City and over 350 articles come up from every major news organization.

When were so many people talking about JC?

I was hoping that we could keep it that way. JC was a lot better when nobody thought it was cool to live here.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Food for thought:

Just did a search for Snooki and Jersey City and over 350 articles come up from every major news organization.

When were so many people talking about JC?

Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
All this stupid b.s. aside, Jwoww is fine

Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

God forbid any hot girls come to Jersey City...

Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Snooki and JWoww spinoff lands in Hudson County. Find out where... February 09, 2012, 2:59 PM By Anthony Venutolo/The Star-Ledger The search is over. Fox 5 (WNYW) reports that the long-awaited "Jersey Shore" spinoff series set to feature castmates Jennifer "JWoww" Farley and Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi will shoot in... ... Jersey City. Mayor Jerramiah Healy is reportedly looking forward to the production, which is set to start shooting Feb. 17 in a two-story firehouse near the intersection of Grove and Mercer Streets. "The more people that see anything about Jersey City and see what we have in Jersey, the better it is for Jersey City," he told reporter John Huddy. The show had been scouting locations ever since Hoboken denied 495 Productions shooting permits, nixing any possibility of shooting in the city known for its plethora of nightlife and eateries. Huddy reports that the show will focus on the two gals who are "looking for love and trying to make it in the world..." Hmmmm, won't Roger and Jionni be angry at that notion? It's been a busy week for "Jersey Shore" news. On Wednesday, MTV announced that Pauly "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio's spinoff will start airing in March 29 at 10:30 p.m. Snooki and JWoww also made headlines when the former admitted she is bisexual in an interview with the Huffington Post. They also speculated that castmate Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino may be gay. Snooki and JWoww's new home on Mercer Street near Grove Street Resized Image Exterior facade of Firehouse 6, on Mercer Street near Grove Street in Jersey City. Photo taken in 2008 by Jerry McCrea/The Star-Ledger

Posted on: 2012/2/10 2:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 21:16
Group:
Registered Users
Petition has been started, not sure who, but if you live in the area and have watched Jersey Shore, then you're probably concerned.

Here is the petition:
https://www.change.org/petitions/mtv-t ... e-spin-off-in-jersey-city

Posted on: 2012/2/10 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I have no idea why the producers and location scouts would pick JC, honestly. What is here for them? Any nightlife that is here is not their style, or even close to it. Maybe if the Sandbar was still around, but this gets a real "WTF" from me.

Why wouldn't they do a show across the river? Were the producers that desperate to keep the show "in Jersey"??

I really wish the show, and MTV, would just go away with this garbage.

Also, I thought it was impossible to lose even more faith in our leadership in JC, but it has occurred. Hoboken turned this down for a reason. Never thought I'd say this, but Hoboken is looking classier than JC. They at least have pride in their town, and they have leadership. Healy sounds like such an idiot with that quote, honestly.

I'm curious why this matters to you so much.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JERZE wrote:
Do you live In NEW JERSEY, you never heard of Seaside Heights,N.J.
And to let these 2 Bimbo's in Jersey City is a joke.

Bimbos has no apostrophe. I think that you meant to say "Do you live in New Jersey? Have you never heard of Seaside Heights? To let these 2 bimbos into Jersey City is a joke."

Who exactly is the bimbo?

Posted on: 2012/2/10 1:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/24 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
WTF do they have to be right downtown. As a resident 1/2 a block away I am furious. Parking is hell already and will only get worse. Of course our "elected" officials think it is great. More opportunity to line their pockets & that of non resident cops.
On a positive note lets hope it brings business to local stores, restraints etc. but I would rather do without.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Well, we certainly don't have to be nice to them when we see them out at the bars, on the street, etc. I think they are going to be bored out of their minds. The kind of partying they want doesn't exist here, and our men are not the type they go for (the "guido gorilla" style, as they call it).

I think we need to stock up on squirt guns and silly string to peg 'em whenever we cross their paths.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Does jersey city have a reputation like that?

Not a party reputation like seaside but it most definitely had / has a negative rep. You're not from NJ are you?

Posted on: 2012/2/10 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
In response to rbnyfan, I'm a liberal and I do not hold the same values as Rick Santorum.

I don't care if they drink to passing out, party till the wee hours of the night, sleep with a million people, portray the beating of women (all of which they have done on the show).

It's just as a resident, I am concerned about

1) property value
2) neighborhood image which attracts future business, development, and families.

Bringing the jersey shore to jc will negatively affect both.

Again, just ask yourself - Think of a pristine beach in NJ with respectful people and where you would want to take your kids or future kids to. I can guarantee you that if we run this poll among jersey residents, seaside heights would be dead last. Thanks in part to the Jersey Shore.

Did you grow up in NJ? Because again, Seaside Heights ALWAYS had a bad reputation. The only people that went there were the "Jersey Shore" type. It was like this in the 80s, when I was a kid. We always called it Sleazeside in high school and the kids always went there to party and hook up.

Did the various Real World shows ruin the reputation of those cities? I just don't think it's going to be as horrible as you people think. It seems like a lot of you are clutching your pearls over the horror, the horror...

Posted on: 2012/2/10 0:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Do you live In NEW JERSEY, you never heard of Seaside Heights,N.J.
And to let these 2 Bimbo's in Jersey City is a joke.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
In response to snowflake20,

Yep, sleazeside always had that reputation. jersey shore just ingrained it in stone. Does jersey city have a reputation like that? I would argue no. Will jersey shore help will it's reputation?

Posted on: 2012/2/9 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
In response to rbnyfan, I'm a liberal and I do not hold the same values as Rick Santorum.

I don't care if they drink to passing out, party till the wee hours of the night, sleep with a million people, portray the beating of women (all of which they have done on the show).

It's just as a resident, I am concerned about

1) property value
2) neighborhood image which attracts future business, development, and families.

Bringing the jersey shore to jc will negatively affect both.

Again, just ask yourself - Think of a pristine beach in NJ with respectful people and where you would want to take your kids or future kids to. I can guarantee you that if we run this poll among jersey residents, seaside heights would be dead last. Thanks in part to the Jersey Shore.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I have no idea why the producers and location scouts would pick JC, honestly. What is here for them? Any nightlife that is here is not their style, or even close to it. Maybe if the Sandbar was still around, but this gets a real "WTF" from me.

Why wouldn't they do a show across the river? Were the producers that desperate to keep the show "in Jersey"??

I really wish the show, and MTV, would just go away with this garbage.

Also, I thought it was impossible to lose even more faith in our leadership in JC, but it has occurred. Hoboken turned this down for a reason. Never thought I'd say this, but Hoboken is looking classier than JC. They at least have pride in their town, and they have leadership. Healy sounds like such an idiot with that quote, honestly.

This kills you, doesn't it? Reinforcing those negative unfounded stereotypes of your homeland. Rough, isn't it?

On a different note - does anyone know anyone working on the show? They HAVE to work in a reference to our mayor, the Jersey Shore drunk, naked on his porch and brawling with the cops. Could there be a more natch fit?

Posted on: 2012/2/9 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why cant they film in the shitholes they live in? Why is this city attracting assholes ? If its not yuppies its orange guidos, go away!

And once again the term "yuppies" is not a slur. If you aim to insult young educated people with jobs "yuppie" won't cut it.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
True, you know those sleazy stripper clubs which the NYC mayor got rid of? Let's bring them here!

Good for business!

What happened to those Tonnelle Prostitutes? They were good for business too!

Let's also have those legal pot shops in CA - good for business.
What else is good for business that is depraved, dirty, and considered the dregs of society? Let's show them how "friendly" we are.

There is a reason the Hoboken mayor denied them permits. It's because she knew the short term gain - boost in income in whatever restaurants they visit - will not outweigh the long term negative aspect of this...

Just think to yourself - When you think of a clean family beach to go to, how many beaches pop into your mind before Seaside Heights? Yeah..I thought so. Use your brains for a second...

The Rick Santorum caucus is that way. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
True, you know those sleazy stripper clubs which the NYC mayor got rid of? Let's bring them here!

Good for business!

What else is good for business that is depraved, dirty, and considered the dregs of society? Let's show them how "friendly" we are.

There is a reason the Hoboken mayor denied them permits. It's because she knew the short term gain - boost in income in whatever restaurants they visit - will not outweigh the long term negative aspect of this...

Just think to yourself - When you think of a clean family beach to go to, how many beaches pop into your mind before Seaside Heights? Yeah..I thought so. Use your brains for a second...

Sleazeside Heights never had a good reputation. It always was kind of gross and guido, way before Jersey Shore happened.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey JC administration PR person..here?s an idea. Buy a 30 second commercial spot on MTV during the new show. Do it half way through the show so you have the 8 million viewer?s attention. (they usually settle down after the first 10 minutes of the show..you can only fist pump for so long you know..believe me)

Start off with an aerial view of JC to show people how close it is to NYC. Then zoom on down into JC and show some quick pieces on all of the good things about JC. The waterfront, light rail, Liberty State Park, Newport Mall?.ok and just make some shi* up. (like the realtors do) No ones going to know.

And please don?t let Mayor Jeremiah T. ?the towel? Healy deliver the DVD to MTV studios. He will most likely try and sneak in his freaking Healy sings? Christmas DVD.

Healy sings?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... _know_it_was_just_on.html

Posted on: 2012/2/9 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mikewho12 wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I think I am OK with having around 8 million people checking out JC week after week. And don?t forget it is only two of the ?morons? not the full eight.

Great point. We're not even dealing with the entire bone-headed cast, it's just two of them, and they're the most popular.

I didn't even know that Jersey City had a reputation that could be tarnished. Our city is not like Seaside Heights or even Hoboken for that matter. We don't have a big club scene or juiced up meat-heads walking around so why would this ruin our reputation? Won't they be interacting with people from the area? Hopefully, viewers will see what JC has to offer and will realize that not all "Jersey" is the same.

Wow. Like minds.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
And what kind of reputation does Jersey City have that could destroyed? It has no real reputation. Even most New Jerseyans only know two things about Jersey City - that the mayor likes to drink and that a lot of the officials got arrested a few years ago. I don't see too many online petitions against that. If you have any kind of confidence or pride in this city, then you will know that it will hold its own on camera regardless of what the cast might do.

Besides, the show is supposed to be about them making it on their own as opposed to just drinking and tanning. If this means showing them attempting to cross Columbus without getting killed or dealing with Path delays or trying to get service with a smile at Taqueria, then we should empathize and not criticize.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I think I am OK with having around 8 million people checking out JC week after week. And don?t forget it is only two of the ?morons? not the full eight.

Great point. We're not even dealing with the entire bone-headed cast, it's just two of them, and they're the most popular.

I didn't even know that Jersey City had a reputation that could be tarnished. Our city is not like Seaside Heights or even Hoboken for that matter. We don't have a big club scene or juiced up meat-heads walking around so why would this ruin our reputation? Won't they be interacting with people from the area? Hopefully, viewers will see what JC has to offer and will realize that not all "Jersey" is the same.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah did Florence, Italy really suffer , did Sea Side Heights really suffer? Jersey City will be fine. We had worse negative press over the years. (Ok wait if somehow Mayor Jerramiah T. ?the towel? Healy gets his singing on the show we could all be doomed.)

I can?t believe you are afraid of two little girls. What are you all going to do when the ?2014 Super Bowl Party? hits Liberty State Park. There are going to be tens of thousands of party people roaming JC and the surrounding towns. Hopefully spending some of that projected $500 million in JC.

Interesting piece?.

Jersey Shore' Season Premiere Draws Record 8.45 Million Viewers; 4.2 Adults 18-49 Rating

Written By Bill Gorman
January 7th, 2011

The season premiere of MTV's Jersey Shore on Thursday drew 8.45 million viewers, that's 38% above the viewership (6.1 million viewers) for the late October season finale and is MTV's most viewed series telecast ever. It drew a 4.2 adults 18-49 rating, up 35% from the 3.1 adults 18-49 rating for the late October finale. That crushed the 18-49 ratings for everything on broadcast at 10pm last night.
So much for the meme that DVRs kill everything at 10pm.
Here's the official press note with more information from MTV:

MTV?S HIGHEST RATED SERIES TELECAST EVER! SEASON THREE OF?JERSEY SHORE? DELIVERS 8.45
MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS FOR PREMIERE

?JERSEY SHORE? SEASON THREE PREMIERE?

 Delivered 8.45 million total viewers.
 Averaged an 8.3 P12-34 rating and 6.5 million P12-34 viewers.
 MTV?s most watched series telecast ever.
 Delivered more P12-34 viewers than any broadcast or cable television show this broadcast season.*
 For P12-34, the ?Jersey Shore? premiere is +63% versus the Season Two premiere (8.3 vs. 5.1) and +36% versus the Season Two finale (8.3 vs. 6.1).
 For P12-34, ?Jersey Shore? is +46% vs. the Season Two average (8.3 vs. 5.7).

*Excludes sporting events.

Full piece tvbythe numbers?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011 ... igh/77688/comment-page-2/

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mikewho12 wrote:
Maybe I'm single and ready to mingle so I'm going to Seaside Heights. Works both ways.

Yeah. Good luck with that one.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Good for business!

Lighten up, they're coming. I'm trying to find a positive spin on this situation. The reality is, it may have a negative effect on the city long-term, but none of us really know what's going to happen. It's all speculation at this point.

I'm sure Seaside Heights is doing fine, Florence is doing fine, Miami is doing fine. These people don't ruin the towns they go to, but they do make you think about them. I had never heard of Seaside Heights before the show. Maybe I'm single and ready to mingle so I'm going to Seaside Heights. Works both ways.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:16

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017