Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 42

ecoindie, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 30 »

Re: Whole Foods in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I used to hope for Whole Foods, but now with 99 Ranch, it has most of the things I need except for cheese and granola.

Posted on: 4/25 13:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
It was announced today that Albertsons might buy Whole Foods. Albertsons also owns Acme. Hopefully this is good news?

This is not quite accurate. What was revealed is that Albertsons is considering making a takeover bid for Whole Foods. Albertsons is controlled by Cerberus. Jana Partners (a competitor of Cerberus) has also telegraphed similar intentions, going as far as accumulating a 9% stake in Whole Foods. Regardless of who wins out, this is not necessarily good news: these buyout firms can be brutal and vicious in their approach to achieve profitability.

What did I say that was inaccurate? A takeover is in fact an acquisition which => buying.

Well, you can't really buy something that isn't for sale. Whole Foods is not looking to get bought. The *rumor* is that Cerberus might be exploring making a takeover bid for WF. Not quite the same as an outright buy of the company.

Posted on: 4/25 10:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
It was announced today that Albertsons might buy Whole Foods. Albertsons also owns Acme. Hopefully this is good news?

This is not quite accurate. What was revealed is that Albertsons is considering making a takeover bid for Whole Foods. Albertsons is controlled by Cerberus. Jana Partners (a competitor of Cerberus) has also telegraphed similar intentions, going as far as accumulating a 9% stake in Whole Foods. Regardless of who wins out, this is not necessarily good news: these buyout firms can be brutal and vicious in their approach to achieve profitability.

What did I say that was inaccurate? A takeover is in fact an acquisition which => buying.

Posted on: 4/25 9:17
Print Top

Hide User information
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:

Agreed. Private equity tends to load up the companies with lots of debt, pay themselves a huge fee for providing advice and reduce employee salaries and benefits. The helpful, cheerful employees you see will no longer be so if a PE firm acquires them.

Posted on: 4/25 0:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:

Posted on: 4/24 15:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 4/24 14:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

nafco wrote:
i think JSQ or something close to a PATH station or hub makes more sense. I know they will require parking which will exist as part of the new towers parking garage, but also it needs to be a well trafficked area. I feel like the Sears and Harborside which is dead for most of the week would not benefit WF which needs a lot of constant foot traffic.

The Sears location is as trafficked as you van get: a mall, with parking on site, as well as being serviced by the light rail and the Newport PATH station is across the street.

Have you ever been to Harborside? Because your statement makes no sense... it's packed and crowded during the week from about 8 AM to 6 PM. Come out between 11:30 - 1:30 during the week and you will see that people all along the waterfront and in the Owen Grundy pier enjoying lunch or a midday break. It is also serviced by the light rail, and the Exchange Place PATH station is right next door. On weekends it is not that crowded, but that's mostly because there is hardly anything open down that way. A supermarket like WF could be transformative for the area.

yeah, that was kind of my point with Harborside. Its pretty dead on the weekends and thats when markets make a lot of sales. They likely want it to be a busy area 7 days a week which JSQ is. Maybe Sears is busy since its by the mall, but on a sheerly accessible standpoint, its a little awkward for the general public to get to. Though it may be busy enough to keep it alive.

Posted on: 4/17 10:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
[quote]
Seagull wrote:
There has been some chatter that the Whole Foods at Metropolis Towers is a dead deal. Apparently the shareholders of the Metropolis Towers thought they were getting a bad deal out of the project and voted it down. Whole Foods also just closed nine of their stores nationwide due to a poor fiscal outlook, so they may have just decided to not go forward with the construction in this particular location and are looking elsewhere in Jersey City (hence the rumors of a Journal Square location).. [/quote

If it's a dead deal it's nice to because of the shareholder vote. Those buildings are overwhelmingly owned by the coop itself to the tune of about 80%to 20%

doesn't matter now, high levels of chromium still being detected on the site. more testing and remediation before anything happens there.

Posted on: 4/16 3:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nafco wrote:
i think JSQ or something close to a PATH station or hub makes more sense. I know they will require parking which will exist as part of the new towers parking garage, but also it needs to be a well trafficked area. I feel like the Sears and Harborside which is dead for most of the week would not benefit WF which needs a lot of constant foot traffic.

The Sears location is as trafficked as you van get: a mall, with parking on site, as well as being serviced by the light rail and the Newport PATH station is across the street.

Have you ever been to Harborside? Because your statement makes no sense... it's packed and crowded during the week from about 8 AM to 6 PM. Come out between 11:30 - 1:30 during the week and you will see that people all along the waterfront and in the Owen Grundy pier enjoying lunch or a midday break. It is also serviced by the light rail, and the Exchange Place PATH station is right next door. On weekends it is not that crowded, but that's mostly because there is hardly anything open down that way. A supermarket like WF could be transformative for the area.

Posted on: 4/16 2:21
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
Seagull wrote:
There has been some chatter that the Whole Foods at Metropolis Towers is a dead deal. Apparently the shareholders of the Metropolis Towers thought they were getting a bad deal out of the project and voted it down. Whole Foods also just closed nine of their stores nationwide due to a poor fiscal outlook, so they may have just decided to not go forward with the construction in this particular location and are looking elsewhere in Jersey City (hence the rumors of a Journal Square location).. [/quote

If it's a dead deal it's nice to because of the shareholder vote. Those buildings are overwhelmingly owned by the coop itself to the tune of about 80%to 20%

Posted on: 4/14 15:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 4/13 12:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I have it on good authority that WF is definitely being wooed by Harborside Financial Center. I had heard the same as seagull (the Metropolis deal is dead) and that WF is shopping for another location.
it's a shame that the WF can't go into the sears location (or part of it). that would be a very strong location imo.

Posted on: 4/13 8:37
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I have it on good authority that WF is definitely being wooed by Harborside Financial Center. I had heard the same as seagull (the Metropolis deal is dead) and that WF is shopping for another location.

Posted on: 4/13 0:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
There has been some chatter that the Whole Foods at Metropolis Towers is a dead deal. Apparently the shareholders of the Metropolis Towers thought they were getting a bad deal out of the project and voted it down. Whole Foods also just closed nine of their stores nationwide due to a poor fiscal outlook, so they may have just decided to not go forward with the construction in this particular location and are looking elsewhere in Jersey City (hence the rumors of a Journal Square location)..

Posted on: 4/12 16:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
In this article it says that 99 Ranch on Grand Street will open April 21st.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/ ... 04/10/99-ranch/100083576/

Posted on: 4/12 6:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
I doubt they would be planning a second location when the first isn't even a done deal yet. Also if you go here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list/development you can see what stores are coming first.

This list http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/stores-development is where Jersey City is listed with a ton of other stores.

The company is currently in turmoil and the activist shareholders are demanding change.
u never know...who would have foreseen two home depots in jersey city?

Posted on: 4/11 20:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
I doubt they would be planning a second location when the first isn't even a done deal yet. Also if you go here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list/development you can see what stores are coming first.

This list http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/stores-development is where Jersey City is listed with a ton of other stores.

The company is currently in turmoil and the activist shareholders are demanding change.

Posted on: 4/11 20:10
Print Top

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I hear WF is planning a second location in JSQ? can someone confirm this??

Posted on: 4/11 20:04
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Whole Foods scrapping expansion plans

"Whole Foods is now scrapping its plans to eventually expand to expand to 1,200 stores across the US.

Company executives said they are going to wait and see how recently opened stores perform before making any long-term commitments on future growth."

Will this change the plans for the JC store?

Posted on: 2/9 17:13
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ntvamrn wrote:
My people are telling me that Whole Foods is looking at opening here in Harborside Plaza 2....where the food court is. The court is closing next week 1/31/17. WF is alleged to be moving into that footprint. Keep your eyes open

Is 16,000 sq ft big enough for WF? This sounds small for any supermarket.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/180428 ... e-Plaza-2-Jersey-City-NJ/

Posted on: 1/26 11:46
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
99 Ranch Market had a job fair in November. Any ETA on opening?

I walked by the location and popped in an open door to ask the foreman for the construction inside. He said they're definitely targeting the spring and it absolutely will not go into the summer. I'm hearing from other places they're targeting March.

Posted on: 1/26 11:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
[quote]
PremiumContent wrote:
Metropolis Towers shareholders have organized against the Whole Foods plan. Don't expect it to happen there.
what are their objections? traffic?

They should have put it at the old colony shopping center

Again with the Old Colony idea? That's a 15 minute schlep from the Grove Street PATH station. For most of DTJC, the trek would be even longer. As explained before, at that point you are better off taking the PATH to WTC, walking a few minutes to WF, and then coming back.

Regardless, 99 Ranch Market is going into the old Pathmark space. [/quote

Haha. 15 min from where your house? It has parking space and would transform the neighborhood. What do you say to those living on Brunswick or Hamilton Park area? I'm sure they are not going to want to walk all the way to their house from Grove with 4 bags of groceries either. Regardless, if the residents don't want it then it's back to square 1. Which probably means liberty harbor in about 5 yrs

Posted on: 1/26 9:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Metropolis Towers shareholders have organized against the Whole Foods plan. Don't expect it to happen there.

Again with the Old Colony idea? That's a 15 minute schlep from the Grove Street PATH station. For most of DTJC, the trek would be even longer. As explained before, at that point you are better off taking the PATH to WTC, walking a few minutes to WF, and then coming back.

Regardless, 99 Ranch Market is going into the old Pathmark space.

Posted on: 1/26 8:39
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 1/25 23:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 1/25 15:46
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ntvamrn wrote:
My people are telling me that Whole Foods is looking at opening here in Harborside Plaza 2....where the food court is. The court is closing next week 1/31/17. WF is alleged to be moving into that footprint. Keep your eyes open

This would be great news, but it's hard to get excited about WF rumors after so many years of none of them becoming true. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn the proposed WF for Metropolis fizzles out.

Posted on: 1/25 14:59
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/25 14:47
Print Top

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/25 14:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

erstrecs wrote:
Is this really happening? Zero signs of construction so far.

The store is slated for opening in 2020. That's still more than 3 years away. They have plenty of time left to complete the development and open to the public.

Posted on: 12/17 10:23
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Is this really happening? Zero signs of construction so far.

Posted on: 12/17 3:42
Print Top

(1) 2 3 4 ... 30 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017