Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
52 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 52

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (val7101)




Re: Leaving Jersey City Troll List
#1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


oooh burn!

Posted on: 11/26 9:20
Top


Re: Leaving Jersey City Troll List
#2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Does anyone miss fat-ass-biker? No, me either.
I haven’t seen doloshiti post his opinion as facts on here in a while either. It does seem to be Yvonne vs. the world with dr. Nick the moron leading the way. No idea why that guy has to be so foul. I don’t think people understand the concept of a forum. Does anyone care if jclist disappears?
There must be a JC mommy board on FB where the more reasonable posters can post their opinions as fact. Also neighborhood.com is a perfect place for people who love to narc on their neighbors!
Jclist should go on vacation for a few months.

Posted on: 11/23 14:08
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Annod wrote:
PATH introducing cellphone service to underground stations

Updated 6:45 PM; Posted 6:45 PM

By Patrick Villanova
The Jersey Journal

Underground PATH stations are officially joining the 21st century.

The Port Authority announced Tuesday that cellphone service is being added to nine underground PATH stations, with connectivity from major carriers phased in over the course of the rest of the year and into early 2019.

As of Tuesday, AT&T and T-Mobile cellular service is available at underground PATH stations in New York, while cell service from both providers will expand to New Jersey's PATH stations in the next three weeks. Verizon Wireless and Sprint customers will see system-wide cellular service in both New York and New Jersey's underground PATH stations early next year.

Cellular connectivity will be available on platforms and throughout underground stations.

"We want to upgrade service to the traveling public at all our facilities," Port Authority Executive Director Rick Cotton said in a statement. "Access to cell coverage is an important expectation of PATH customers."

PATH follows in the footsteps of New York City's Metropolitan Transit Authority, which finished adding cellphone service to all of its subway stations in January 2017.

The PATH stations in New York with the new cellular coverage are: 33rd, 23rd, 14th, Ninth, and Christopher streets. The World Trade Center PATH station has had cellular coverage since it opened in 2016.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... d.html#incart_river_index


this is awesome news! I was wondering why I started getting a signal at the 14th street station last week. now I know.


I am not at all excited by the prospect of cell service availability within trains or stations. People are rude enough as it is, so imagine the additional annoyance of people loudly speaking into their phones, as they flaunt the many other rules about music, food, etc. Even NJ Transit and Metro North were forced to add "quiet cars" to their trains because of this issue. Alas, that's a non-starter for the PATH considering the current overcrowding issues.


The environment on the platform is not all that conducive to a conversation. As a Path rider it would be nice to be able to text my boss when I'm going to be late which is pretty frequent, dial into an early conference call when there's a delay, or for people who have to pick up kids, get a ride...etc. Stop whining it's 2018 for christsakes.

Posted on: 11/8 9:25
Top


Re: Bed in a box recommendations ?
#4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Nectar
I also did a lot of research, my criteria were: sleeps cool, good for back and side sleeper. I also considered price point and that's how I found Nectar. I love it. It came in a giant duffel bag not a box that you could actually reuse if you ever had a need for the world's largest duffel, just fyi.
It also had an excellent return policy.

Posted on: 10/29 9:05
Top


Re: Menendez ahead by a wee bit!
#5
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

brewster wrote:
Menendez isn't specifically about Cavanaugh, it's about control of the senate in an era where the filibuster is dead, and GOP senators fall in line with the party or else are treated severely by the leadership. Democrats are not nearly so disciplined or controlling, the one thing that hasn't changed in many decades is that leading Dems is like herding cats.

So, Menendez may possibly be a corrupt machine hack, but he's OUR corrupt machine hack, and will vote for my "NJ Libtard" interests while he lines his pockets. A variety of what Tammany's George Washington Plunkitt called "honest graft", pursuing the public interest and one's personal interests at the same time.


Well said.

Posted on: 10/5 12:05
Top


Re: Jersey City Transforms Parking Spots into Parklets
#6
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


1) JC List is supposed to be a forum where people can express their opinions.
2) Name calling in no way supports your opinion, makes your argument more substantial or helps in any way to get your point across, and actually makes you look stupid and childish.
3) If you have a problem with someone you have the power to close your eyes, click on another window...etc.
4) Very few new people bother with JC List anymore. I've been on it for about 10 years and now I just check it mostly because it's like a train wreck and I can't seem to look away for long.
5) I don't know any of you and have no vested interest in anyone "winning" an argument. Truthfully I'm over all of you. I'm just expressing an opinon.
6) And again a forum doesn't necessarily need to devolve into an argument.


Posted on: 9/25 11:20
Top


Re: Article: Dense zoning is the solution to housing costs
#7
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

ActionDan wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When I was a kid in school, I had to study the 1960 census, the population then was 179 million. Being 335 or 330 million means there is more competition for housing. That is 156 or 160 million more people in my lifetime. In the 1970s, approximately 20% of Jersey City housing stock was vacant, nothing but empty buildings and empty land. More people means there is more competition for housing. Rents were extremely cheap, around $150 a month.


OK so why is there a housing shortage and not a food shortage or an automobile shortage or clothing shortage?


Hmmm because all of those other things are easier to produce?
Because all of those other things can be imported?

Posted on: 6/20 12:18
Top


Re: Plastic bag bans coming to Hoboken, Jersey City
#8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


I have been using baggu for years because I walk over a mile home with groceries. They hold more than a grocery store plastic bag so you don't need as many too. Seriously, end the pity party.

Posted on: 6/18 16:59
Top


Re: Gothamist: The PATH Is A Packed, Slow-Motion Nightmare For NJ Commuters This Morning
#9
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


I hate to be a basher too, but the past month has been horrific. Or more horrific than usual, as the case may be. It's hard not to call the powers at the Port Authority incompetent morons who don't give a shit about the riders. I'm assuming they have no accountability thus they can do whatever they want with zero repercussions. It's beyond disgraceful and nobody cares.

Posted on: 6/5 13:23
Top


Re: Thank You JCPD/JCFD
#10
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hey there's nothing wrong with a little recognition for god's sakes. Once I called the non emergency number when a fence outside a construction zone had fallen down and all the kids were walking past on the way to school and it was dangerous. The cops came in 5 minutes and I was thinking that was pretty great. So thanks for a job well done. No reason to get snippy.

Posted on: 2/20 16:52
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


In the morning the train from Grove to Newark moves like a rocket, there's nobody on it.
I don't do it to get a seat, I couldn't care less about standing, it's having to wait for multiple trains to go by before you get in one.
Not as many people get out at Exchange Place as want to get in. As far as I'm concerned they have it the worst at Exchange Place.
Again, consider trying it.
And name calling without the facts is rude, and there is more than enough rudeness on jclist.

Posted on: 1/11 13:31
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#12
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


I don't think I'm the troll. Have you tried it?

Posted on: 1/10 16:46
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#13
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


For WTC commuters shut out at Grove:
Take the Newark train back to Harrison not JSQ. JSQ is frequently as bad as Grove now and Harrison is only 3 minutes away and frequently much more civilized. It's pretty annoying to take the train backward to JSQ and still get shut out of one or two trains. Particularly between 8 and 9am.

Posted on: 1/3 9:11
Top


Re: Symes / Solomon runoff
#14
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


"I'm gonna change my vote based on something I read on jclist."
said Nobody.
Ever.

Posted on: 12/4 19:56
Top


Re: PATH - proposed Newark Airport extension
#15
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Apparently we are living in parallel universes.
Today:
8:29- WTC train pulls in, I am at the at the front end of the train where there is generally more space, and there was except there were alot of people in front of me so I couldn't get in. OK.
8:31 33rd St train pulls in
8:33 a second 33rd St train pulls in
8:37 WTC train pulls in but it's packed because there hasn't been a train in several minutes, one or two people manage to get in at Grove. Pushers would have been useful.
8:39 another WTC train comes and I am in the front of the platform and I get in, and it is packed.
Train pulls into Exchange Place where generally several people get out but not today. Sucks for you Exchange Place riders.
Total wait time only 10 minutes. Total experience: Sucked but typical.

I would love to be able to get to the airport via the Path but additional riders in the morning commute, and on the WTC line would be a disaster.

Posted on: 2017/11/29 11:17
Top


Re: Port Authority plans to extend PATH to Newark airport
#16
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


It's a lot easier to justify something you don't have to live with.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 13:44
Top


Re: PATH - proposed Newark Airport extension
#17
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Do you really understand the Rush Hour crunch? The morning rush "hour" is 6:30 am to 9:30am. From 7:30am to 8:30 am the WTC train is so packed you frequently have to let one or two trains pass to get in one at Grove St. I frequently take the train back one stop to Journal Square if it's really bad. The second Journal Square tower isn't up yet. Combine that with all the other buildings going up and the PATH is basically obsolete. The 33rd St train is slightly better but that won't last given the increase in population. Our neighbors at Exchange Place are in a much worse position with almost zero capacity from 7:30 to 8:30am. It would be awesome if they could increase service at off times and on weekends as well but frankly, I'm more worried about getting to work than being late for brunch. The ferries are pretty much worthless given the cost and the fact they are only accessible to a small portion of the city. Extending the PATH will just make a miserable rush hour even more miserable. But since you understand it so well.....

Posted on: 2017/11/28 13:17
Top


Re: Jersey City Residents Decry Offensive Murals Commissioned by the City
#18
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


I don't care for most of the art but I'm glad it's there. The topic is so subjective that global agreement is not possible. Art by committee may be boring but this is somewhat of a democracy.....

I don't know Yvonne but this is supposed to be a forum to express opinions and disagreement is fine but the idiotic name calling and abuse is why I've come to think of jclist as moronlist.

Posted on: 2017/5/15 11:32
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#19
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
[quote]So you're going to add 20 minutes to your commute, just to get a seat?

Is that what people are fretting about -- not getting a seat in the mornings? Seriously?

Guess you've never taken the path during rush hour.

I take it every work day, and on weekends as well. During rush hour.
I think you might be traveling in a parallel universe.


Quote:
You can't get IN the train.

Total nonsense. Even for Newport riders.

It can get a little crowded, but it is extremely rare that the train is so jammed you can't get on. When that does happen, there's usually a half-empty train right behind it.

You want crowded? Try the 4/5/6 during rush hour.


You are probably confusing the alternate universe you are traveling in with reality. Or else you are one of those people who just push into the train as long as they can get two toes in the door. Or just a troll on JC List with no actual experience. Lots of those lately.

Posted on: 2017/3/31 13:36
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#20
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
[quote]So you're going to add 20 minutes to your commute, just to get a seat?

Is that what people are fretting about -- not getting a seat in the mornings? Seriously?

Guess you've never taken the path during rush hour.

I take it every work day, and on weekends as well. During rush hour.
I think you might be traveling in a parallel universe.


Quote:
You can't get IN the train.

Total nonsense. Even for Newport riders.

It can get a little crowded, but it is extremely rare that the train is so jammed you can't get on. When that does happen, there's usually a half-empty train right behind it.

You want crowded? Try the 4/5/6 during rush hour.

Posted on: 2017/3/31 13:31
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#21
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcresident16 wrote:
seems we won't be able to use the PATH... Recent article says it's 37,000 new units - how are we going to fit?

https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-real-estate-development-2017/


If nothing changes between now and 2019 or 2020, and the trains become so crowded you can't get on one heading to NYC by the time it arrives at Grove, just take ride it one station away to JSQ, stay seated and ride it back to NYC.

So you're going to add 20 minutes to your commute, just to get a seat?

Is that what people are fretting about -- not getting a seat in the mornings? Seriously?

Guess you've never taken the path during rush hour. You can't get IN the train. Nobody cares about a seat. I've had to let 3 trains go by before I can get in one. Before 8am is slightly better. It adds I would 6-8 minutes to the trip. HOWEVER again after 8:30 you may need to wait at JSQ for a train or two to go by. Seriously.

Posted on: 2017/3/31 11:02
Top


Re: Teens, ages 13 and 15, shot early Sunday morning in JC (3:00 am)
#22
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Forget the curfew law. Throw the parents in the can for child neglect. Why are a 13 and 15 year old out that late? Keeping track of teenagers is hard? Guess what, raising kids IS hard.

YES. If it keeps them from GETTING SHOT. Although if nothing happened to them the previous 20 times they were out at 3am maybe the odds are with them, who knows?

Yes, throw the kids in foster care, I'm sure that will do wonders for their development. -____-

YES. If no suitable relative is available. THEY GOT SHOT. You could argue that the prior 10 or 20 times they were out at 3 am nothing too terrible happened but that's not a great argument. THEY GOT SHOT. Any living scenario that doesn't involve getting shot is pretty much an uptick. And by the way, foster care isn't always a horror.
Yes because it was obviously going so well.


And foster care is the solution?

YES in case I wasn't clear, it is one possible solution.
I am guessing you are one of the parents.

Posted on: 2017/3/28 12:34
Top


Re: Teens, ages 13 and 15, shot early Sunday morning in JC (3:00 am)
#23
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Forget the curfew law. Throw the parents in the can for child neglect. Why are a 13 and 15 year old out that late? Keeping track of teenagers is hard? Guess what, raising kids IS hard.

YES. If it keeps them from GETTING SHOT. Although if nothing happened to them the previous 20 times they were out at 3am maybe the odds are with them, who knows?

Yes, throw the kids in foster care, I'm sure that will do wonders for their development. -____-

YES. If no suitable relative is available. THEY GOT SHOT. You could argue that the prior 10 or 20 times they were out at 3 am nothing too terrible happened but that's not a great argument. THEY GOT SHOT. Any living scenario that doesn't involve getting shot is pretty much an uptick. And by the way, foster care isn't always a horror.
Yes because it was obviously going so well.


And foster care is the solution?

Posted on: 2017/3/28 9:41
Top


Re: Teens, ages 13 and 15, shot early Sunday morning in JC (3:00 am)
#24
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Forget the curfew law. Throw the parents in the can for child neglect. Why are a 13 and 15 year old out that late? Keeping track of teenagers is hard? Guess what, raising kids IS hard.


Yes, throw the kids in foster care, I'm sure that will do wonders for their development. -____-

YES. If no suitable relative is available. THEY GOT SHOT. You could argue that the prior 10 or 20 times they were out at 3 am nothing too terrible happened but that's not a great argument. THEY GOT SHOT. Any living scenario that doesn't involve getting shot is pretty much an uptick. And by the way, foster care isn't always a horror.
Yes because it was obviously going so well.


And foster care is the solution?

Posted on: 2017/3/27 23:33
Top


Re: Teens, ages 13 and 15, shot early Sunday morning in JC (3:00 am)
#25
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Forget the curfew law. Throw the parents in the can for child neglect. Why are a 13 and 15 year old out that late? Keeping track of teenagers is hard? Guess what, raising kids IS hard.


Yes, throw the kids in foster care, I'm sure that will do wonders for their development. -____-

Yes because it was obviously going so well.

Posted on: 2017/3/27 22:56
Top


Re: Teens, ages 13 and 15, shot early Sunday morning in JC (3:00 am)
#26
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Forget the curfew law. Throw the parents in the can for child neglect. Why are a 13 and 15 year old out that late? Keeping track of teenagers is hard? Guess what, raising kids IS hard.

Posted on: 2017/3/27 12:48
Top


Re: Jersey City mulls changes to pedestrian plaza to address rowdy bar-goers
#27
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Guys, I think you're going a little nuts about this.

The problem: Every Thursday-Saturday there's a couple dozen kids that drink too much, then loiter after the bars close where they then yell a bit, then sometimes break bottles that they sneak out of the bars on their way out.

The solution: Have a cop pass by at last call and shuffle them down the block. That's it. That's the whole problem, solved.

There's kids that stand outside on Erie from last call til about 4, drinking their last call drinks that they snuck out in their coats, then they leave/break the bottles on the street.
Just have a cop come through every 30 minutes from 2:30 until 4 and move them along. Don't do the stupid siren woop woop, because that wakes me up more than the kids talking. Just say, "Hey guys, time to go."
Done. Now you have a pedestrian plaza that thousands enjoy daily, and a flourishing restaurant/bar scene that are enjoyed by thousands nightly.

Shit, I should run for mayor of this dump.


Common Sense!!! Have one cop pass by one or two times....like they should anyway and end this thread for godsakes!

Posted on: 2017/3/16 10:57
Top


Re: Jersey City mulls changes to pedestrian plaza to address rowdy bar-goers
#28
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

ecoindie wrote:
It doesn't answer why even Off Duty cops are necessary. Why can't on-duty cops from the East Precinct monitor the Path Station and Plaza. It's unreasonably to expect businesses to pay extra for services that our taxes pay for and should be a given.


Exactly! There's no reason the existing cops can't police that area.

Posted on: 2017/3/6 17:40
Top


Re: Woman dies falling off escalator inside famed World Trade Center Oculus while reaching to grab hat
#29
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
It was unintended use of the escalator handrail.... so i don't think there is any liability claim. Sorry that she died doing this silly prank. Her twin sister must live with the awful fact that she did nothing to prevent it.


Incorrect word choice. She was drunk and over-reached for a hat that fell off.

prank
praNGk/Submit
noun
1.
a practical joke or mischievous act.
synonyms: (practical) joke, trick, piece of mischief, escapade, stunt, caper, jape, game, hoax, antic; informallark
"it was just a stupid and childish prank"
verbinformal
1.
play a trick or practical joke on (someone).
"the individuals who were pranked thought they were auditioning to be a TV show host"


Why are you so invested in shaming a dead person?


Who's shaming a dead person? Take another look at my post.

What was the point of your post exactly?

Posted on: 2017/2/16 16:37
Top


Re: Amazon US Post office delivery issues
#30
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


BRING ON THE DRONES!

Posted on: 2016/12/19 12:51
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 5 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017