Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 57

bodhipooh, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (Bike_Lane)




Re: VOTE Today!
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


I don’t know the numbers but poll worker at my spot in Hilltop said today is the busiest Election Day he’s ever seen. And it looked like he’s seen quite a few.

Posted on: 11/6 15:39
Top


Re: Chicago Church, Father Paul and Jersey City
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Posted on: 10/25 16:27
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Let’s see if Yvonne will fall for this fake news too.

https://www.theonion.com/pope-starting ... huge-erections-1828998652

Posted on: 9/13 14:45
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pedophilia, is a made up term,


It’s not.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
these priest do not have age limits, it is whatever is available.


That’s the definition of a predator, not a homosexual.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
That means all the gay icons like the late Harvey Milk engaged in pedophilia, too.


Milk was not “all the gay icons.” Nice try.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No one wants to admit the cause is gay men in the priesthood.


Because that’s not the cause, no matter how many basement conspiracy theorists you subscribe to.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I actually saw a video years ago on EWTN, the Catholic network on men who decided to lead chaste lives through the program Courage, they all admitted, they were sexually assaulted as teens by adult men.


Interesting, but that doesn’t support your case.

So are you done? Or are you going to repeat this nonsense again tomorrow?

Posted on: 9/7 23:46
Top


Re: Potential wild weather September 11 - 13th
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Still, too close for comfort given the uncertainties in these long range models.

Posted on: 9/5 22:59
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
These Catholic lay reporterswho are not connected to the Catholic church financially do an excellent job reporting on the scandal which also includes the Archdiocese of Newark, which covers northern NJ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLWladUd1Y


Yeah that’s legit. Did you forget to post this one too? https://youtu.be/_ePLkAm8i2s

Posted on: 9/5 22:20
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Bike Lane, you keep focusing that there is a difference between men who have sex with children and adults. I do not agree.


You’re right. I just cannot get past this. There is a very real difference, and I cannot fathom that a stable adult would try to reason otherwise.

And even if you don’t understand that, I hope the church fathers do.

Posted on: 9/5 17:53
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You are wrong Bike Lane, McCarrick victimized an 11 year old, and a 16 year old. There were payments made, I believe this happened in New York. In fact, here is the story, when John O'Connor was dying of cancer, he was the cardinal of New York at St. Patrick, he few to Rome and told John Paul 2, not to make him cardinal of New York. The one thing about the Catholic Church according to the investigators in Pennsylvania, they wrote everything down. Nothing was destroyed.


What part did I get wrong? I said he abused children because he was an animal. What you just posted supports that positon, no?

Posted on: 9/5 16:03
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I don't believe in the nonsense that this is pedophilia. As these men go up in the ranks and become bishops, they also abuse seminarians. McCarrick is an example of man who went through the ranks and abuse minors and men in their 20s.


You keep repeating this over and over and over, and it's pure nonsense. McCarrick didn't abuse children because he was homosexual. He abused children because he was a sick animal. In your mind, maybe that's the same thing so the distinction doesn't matter to you??

Posted on: 9/5 13:33
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Bike Lane, no man in the seminary in the Catholic Church should be having consensual sex. That is not how it works.


They shouldn't be, but they sometimes do.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you want consensual sex with another man, then do not enter the Catholic Church.


And if they want consensual sex with women, they shouldn't enter the church either. For as long as those are the rules, I don't disagree.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The problem goes from consensual sex to abuse. In the case of the seminarians, they were abused by men who were their boss. Some men were kicked out because they complained. If a man states clearly on his application form that he is a homosexual, he would not be admitted. There are rules about this.


Sexual assault is a problem and the church needs to deal with it instead of hiding it. And once again, homosexual is not synonymous with predator. That's the point that you aren't grasping. Sexual assaults are sexual predator problems, not homosexual problems.

Posted on: 9/5 11:03
Top


Re: Pile driving on 2nd Street
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


They're allowed to start as early as 7AM. Would you prefer that?

If you're concerned about potential damage to your property, contact your insurance company and get a condition survey performed now and again after construction is done.

Posted on: 9/5 10:35
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Here is an article of men, priests caught in a lewd act, one of the men came here from Columbia. If you remember, gay men in Columbia were thrown out of seminaries there but came to the US becasue we are "liberals." Then ther are issues of child porn. Deny it all you want to but, here is facts. Homosexual men have entered theseminaries. It does not matter who they have sex with, either men or minors. I will not back away from the truth, To copy your sentence, the church is full of homosexual men who are sexually active with men and minors. A house cleaning is in order.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new ... o-shuttered-program-69513


Jesus, Yvonne. Yes, it does matter whether priests are having sex with men or minors. It matters a GREAT deal. You've repeatedly stated that you believe otherwise and that is SICK. SICK, SICK, SICK.

You keep mentioning that most of the sex (consensual or not) with seminarians is between men. When did the Catholic church start admitting women to seminary?

Homosexuals are men who prefer sex and/or intimate relationships with other men. Predators who prey on children are not the same thing. Some predators target boys, some predators target girls, some predators target both. But let's be clear. The Church doesn't have a homosexual problem. It has a predator problem and a predator-enabling problem.

But, hey, one bishop says it's all the gays' fault, so let's just keep posting that opinion over and over and over again, eh?

Posted on: 9/5 10:33
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The difference between the predator priests in the Catholic Church and predator Hollywood moguls or predator men who go after teens in general is one thing -paper work. The Catholic Church kept written documents because they are an organization. Seminarians writing on Catholic website are calling this for what it is - homosexuality.


Uh huh. And Roy Moore was just a heterosexual doing what heterosexuals do, am I right?

Posted on: 8/31 15:53
Top


Re: Bergen Arches Proposal Envisions a World Class Cultural Destination in Jersey City
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


If the Arches were made into a park or a bike trail, it would be 1000x more incredible than the High Line.

Posted on: 8/30 16:35
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Mao wrote:
bull shit


That describes your post perfectly.

Posted on: 8/30 16:31
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I will tell you why I don't buy the term pedophilia, it is just to pigeon hole the sex abuse to one group. It is not. According to the John Jay report, 5% were under 10, the majority was teenage boys. If that is pedophilia then the late Harvey Milk practiced pedophilia because he teen lover was 16 years old. Several months ago, I read about a man who left prison and burglarized a home. He end up raping the homeowner, a female of 84 years. He was going to rape someone female and the age did not matter. I am sure if the victim was 12 female, the press would have labeled him pedophilia, too.


Get some help. I'm genuinely worried about you.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/find-help/index.shtml

Posted on: 8/30 12:44
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
While people here talk about pedophilia priests, McCarrick known victims were 11, 16 and many were in their 20s, men in the seminary. I don't buy the concept of pedophilia but access to males in general. My contributions to the church probably helped pay for the $180,000 payout by the Archdiocese of Newark to one of McCarrick's victims. The Catholic Church is an institution but the nonsense has been going on in Hollywood according to former child actor Corey Feldman for a long time.


11 year-olds are kids. 16 year-olds are kids. The guy in the original story below was 10 at the time. He was a kid.

This priest in the Archdiocese of Newark was/is a monster and should suffer the consequences of his actions. Your contributions to the church undoubtedly were part of the McCarrick settlement payout. And you have every right to be angry as all get-out at the Archdiocese and the Vatican over how they've handled these types of cases here and around the world.

Yet instead, you're splitting hairs over how old a child can be for the abuse to be considered "pedophilia" vs "pederasty," which is inconsequential to the fact that either is illegal abuse of children. And you're pointing at Stalin, gay dudes from Colombia (It's Colombia, not Columbia, you know), Hollywood, etc., looking for anything to scapegoat other than the failings of the Archdiocese of Newark and other Catholic leadership. What a sad, sick display.

Maybe instead of looking for scapegoats you should think about accountability next time you toss your envelope into the collection plate.

Posted on: 8/30 12:42
Top


Re: Our Lady of Czestochowa Downtown Sex Abuse...
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pedophilia is sex abuse on children 10 years old or younger, this is not the problem according to the John Jay sex report done by former FBI in 2004. 5% would be pedophilia, this is sex with teens. The term is pederasty or an adolescent male.


The victim in the article was ten years old when the abuse began, because math.

Posted on: 8/30 0:26
Top


Re: Tax payment
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

DoIt wrote:
Does anyone know when our Aug taxes are due. I have yet to get anything in the mail


Aug 22 is the date I've heard. I haven't gotten mine yet, either.

Posted on: 8/13 15:46
Top


Re: seeking Art Replicator / Forger - odd request
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


I'd check to see if Cecilia Gimenez is available.




Posted on: 8/8 13:45
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


I like the statue. I was upset when I heard it was going to be moved to the middle of Montgomery St. After all of the fracas, and the plan changed to move it to the foot of York St., I found that to be a good compromise.

The statue will have a nice prominent location and there will be a nice park at ExPl. Who can be upset about that?

Posted on: 8/5 12:04
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
oreoz, you remind me of the naysayers who said the World Trade Center will never come down after the first bombing in 1993.


*slow clap*

Well done.

Posted on: 8/1 13:28
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Scary stuff. That’s why it’s good to drink treated city water instead of sticking a straw into a pond.

Posted on: 7/31 19:44
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This country went into a frenzy over the ebola outbreak. I actually remember a nurse being banned from entering NJ by the governor. But that doesn't change the fact that what I am saying about diseases. Unfortunately, liberals have a meltdown when faced with the truth. There was an article about 15 years ago concerning a Newark hospital treating leprosy in the emergency room. It is also the reason why so many diseases that once was wiped out are now returning.


None of that has anything to do with Boonton Reservoir or safe drinking water in general.

Your post is akin to opposing a new parking lot in JC on the grounds that someone in Newark once got bit by a dog. It doesn't connect.

Posted on: 7/31 16:26
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Renewable energy has nothing to do with protecting the public's drinking water. At the turn of the 20th century, people actually died from polluted public drinking water. As more people come here from different countries they also bring some of the diseases from their country. Some of these diseases are air borne other are water borne. We don't need to have our water exposed to humans period.


Post after post, you demonstrate that you have no idea what modern, 21st century water treatment is.

The water in the reservoir today is dirty. There's garbage that flows into it, there's fuel and chemical runoff (remember when you said renewable energy doesn't matter?), chemicals and pollutants absorbed from the air, there's human and animal feces in it, there's rotting flesh of dead animals and plants in it, there's microorganisms that are really nasty in it, algae, bacteria, fungi, viruses.

All of that is in the water now. Whether a jogger or hiker stops to pee in it, that would be the least of the nasty stuff in the reservoir.

Again, the water gets TREATED after it leaves the reservoir and before it comes to our homes. All of that nasty stuff, the garbage, the animal fluids, human fluids, microbes, etc., is killed and/or removed from the water. That makes the water safe to drink. The water is not sitting in the reservoir pure and clean. It's nasty until it's treated. And it's not treated until it leaves the reservoir.

Hopeful an ounce of this sinks in.

Posted on: 7/31 13:27
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Do you think you’re going to turn on your faucet and an empty bag of Cheetos is going to come out?

Posted on: 7/31 8:14
Top


Re: Blueberry picking around JC
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

deborah wrote:
However, the prices are almost 4x's what you will pay in Shoprite for the exact same quality. Why? Because you're paying for the farm's liability insurance, which is exhorbitant for any 'pick your own' farm open to the public.

'Pick your own' blueberries at the farm - 10 pints for $70
ShopRite blueberries - 6 pints for $24


Those prices are crazy. We saw a farm out in Morris County with prices in that range and didn't go there. Emery's was much cheaper. $2 admission fee for adults, and then $3.99/lb.

Posted on: 7/26 13:01
Top


Re: Blueberry picking around JC
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Went to Emery’s Farm in New Egypt a couple weeks ago. Nice experience but it closes early (they make you leave the blueberry field by 4pm) and it’s getting late in the season by now. Hurry if there’s anything left.

Posted on: 7/26 9:50
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Resized Image

Posted on: 7/18 8:36
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I want clean water even before it is clean by filters.


There’s no such thing.

And the water is not just filtered, it’s treated with a shit ton of chemicals.

Posted on: 7/17 22:39
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017