Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: More parking tickets recently, or just a coincidence?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
On the chance that this guy is not actually a troll, which he seams like he could be, I have this to say- I read a quote like this and it makes me angry: ?When a driver "creeps" out into an intersection, he only needs to see in one direction (oncoming traffic).? ?Parker (the original poster)
Look parker, its illegal to park near the curb BECAUSE of idiots like you that think the behavior described in the quoted sentences are legit. People that think its O.K. to ?creep? their cars forward through the crosswalk, who look ONLY at the oncoming traffic but ignore the pedestrians that come from the other direction NEED to be ticketed. I rejoice that your getting ticketed, it gives me hope that the city is giving a nod to pedestrian safety.

?When I'm creeping out into an intersection (traffic coming from left to right), and I'm trying really hard to see around the car blocking my view to the left, I'm only annoyed at that car, not the one parked by the stop sign to my right. That car's fine.? That car is NOT fine, you idiot. The owners of BOTH cars are putting the lives of pedestrians in danger for the sake of their own convenience. Tickets all around!

I agree, though I'd skip the "idiot" stuff. The one time I (as a pedestrian) have been hit by a car was when a driver was stopped at the corner of 3rd and Manila and (I assume) only looking in the direction of oncoming traffic. As I was crossing (in the crosswalk), he hit the gas and I ended up on the hood of his car (not seriously hurt, thankfully). Responsible drivers need to look in all directions before proceeding at all intersections, and the intersections need to be free of obstructions to allow them to do so. Thorough and consistent enforcement of parking rules will help make that possible. If there's a good chance of getting ticketed, people will be far less likely to park at an intersection, in a crosswalk, on the sidewalk, and all of the other crazy places people in JC think it's cool to park.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Its cute when idiots try to use logic. Borsip, do you really think an equal amount of pedestrians emerge adjacent to every car parked on the length of the block as your post suggests? Isn't it more likely that most pedestrians cross at the corner?
Operating an automobile isn't a right, its a privilege, and obeying the laws designed to protect other people isnt an optional thing subject to the car owners convenience, its mandatory. Can't find a parking spot? Who is to blame? Pedestrians didn't cause that problem, car owners did.

Posted on: 2011/7/31 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
That car is NOT fine, you idiot. The owners of BOTH cars are putting the lives of pedestrians in danger for the sake of their own convenience. Tickets all around!

That car is no less dangerous than any car parked in the street. A pedestrian can appear from behind any one of them. Children are especially invisible.

So, if you were to follow your own logic, you would have demanded a total prohibition on all street parking.

I presume you are aware of this problem with your logic, - otherwise you would not have felt the need to reinforce it by calling people idiots.

Posted on: 2011/7/31 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
On the chance that this guy is not actually a troll, which he seams like he could be, I have this to say- I read a quote like this and it makes me angry: ?When a driver "creeps" out into an intersection, he only needs to see in one direction (oncoming traffic).? ?Parker (the original poster)
Look parker, its illegal to park near the curb BECAUSE of idiots like you that think the behavior described in the quoted sentences are legit. People that think its O.K. to ?creep? their cars forward through the crosswalk, who look ONLY at the oncoming traffic but ignore the pedestrians that come from the other direction NEED to be ticketed. I rejoice that your getting ticketed, it gives me hope that the city is giving a nod to pedestrian safety.

?When I'm creeping out into an intersection (traffic coming from left to right), and I'm trying really hard to see around the car blocking my view to the left, I'm only annoyed at that car, not the one parked by the stop sign to my right. That car's fine.? That car is NOT fine, you idiot. The owners of BOTH cars are putting the lives of pedestrians in danger for the sake of their own convenience. Tickets all around!

Posted on: 2011/7/29 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, a couple of relatives in the Heights got ticketed recently in similar situations (too close to the corner, etc.), when those were not regularly enforced in the past.

New Haven is still my archnemesis though...got hit with a ticket + tow + ticket + (almost towed again) in a 2 day span this year. F* that.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 19:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/29 19:18
Group:
Registered Users
how about $422 in JCPD parking tickets in 3 months!!! is that not ridiculous.

Just got 2, one completely false claiming that i was parked in the same spot for 2+ hrs... Now I have to waste time going to court, listening to an ignorant judge berate his/her citizens and then tell me I have to pay for a violation that is unfounded.

& then there's the street cleaning cop... granted, I violated the rules. But so did the 3 other cars behind mine that were NOT ticketed! & why beep that annoying horn if you're not going to give me time to move the friggin car??????

Instead of investing in sidewalks that dont need fixing and lazy golf-cart cops with digital ticket machines... How about improving the JC schools, ROADS, crime rate, and parking situation!

Love this place. I will always. Its like the beautiful baby that slaps you or sh*ts on you every once in a while... it just doesn't know any better...

dammit.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 18:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/18 23:38
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that cars shouldn't be blocking the line of sight from potential oncoming traffic. I get that a car shouldn't be parked in those particular corners of the street. I actually saw an accident the other day because of it. But all other spots, including the spot by the stop sign on the other side of the street, should be ok for people who need to park because they don't obstruct the view of oncoming cars. When a driver "creeps" out into an intersection, he only needs to see in one direction (oncoming traffic).

When I'm creeping out into an intersection (traffic coming from left to right), and I'm trying really hard to see around the car blocking my view to the left, I'm only annoyed at that car, not the one parked by the stop sign to my right. That car's fine.

So if JC only went after those cars that are obstructing views (only one corner of the street), then we'd have good situation. A few less parking spots taken away.

Posted on: 2011/7/10 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I agree 100%. I have said it before, if I were involved in an accident at any intersection I would insist that the cops document every car parked too close to the corners. I would then include the owners of those cars and the JCPA in any litigation surrounding that accident.

You had better read that report up and down and all around because in J.C lots of details are usually left out. You could also go down to the prescient and amend the police report or speak to the captain. The last resort would be to speak to the insurance adjuster and the field inspector and make a formal statement "insisting" the detail about the parked cars.

Posted on: 2011/7/9 8:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
To be honest, I'd support the immediate booting and towing of every car parked within a car length of a junction where they are blocking the view of the driver at the stop sign.

Better still. I'd support a general NJ law that holds such parkers 100% financially responsible for every accident at such a junction. I'm really fed up with creeping out from stop signs at a junction, just because some freaking idiot has parked their car/suv/truck in a place that totally blocks my view of incoming traffic.

I agree 100%. I have said it before, if I were involved in an accident at any intersection I would insist that the cops document every car parked too close to the corners. I would then include the owners of those cars and the JCPA in any litigation surrounding that accident.

Posted on: 2011/7/9 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
To be honest, I'd support the immediate booting and towing of every car parked within a car length of a junction where they are blocking the view of the driver at the stop sign.

Better still. I'd support a general NJ law that holds such parkers 100% financially responsible for every accident at such a junction. I'm really fed up with creeping out from stop signs at a junction, just because some freaking idiot has parked their car/suv/truck in a place that totally blocks my view of incoming traffic.

Posted on: 2011/7/9 2:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/5 5:47
Group:
Registered Users
To Indomitus,Sepecat,CatDog.....I have just spoken to a boss at the PA. They Do Not boot for inspection stickers. I was told the increase in number of boots people are seeing around the city is due to the increased enforcement of Scofflaw violators . It was explained that the boots are people/vehicles with alot of money owed for failure to pay for past parking violations. I was told the amount that is outstanding.

HOLY S%&T!!!!!! I SAY, GO GET EM!!!

JC_GeeGee... Can I ask what a borderline spot is?

Parker..... I dont know if your from NJ . Just want to inform you the state statue is (Believe it or not) 25 feet from a crosswalk and 50 ft from a stopsign . Yes that is INSANE for city living !!! On this site along with others there have been numerous complaints of this corner parking issues . The main complaint was that when vehicles park right to the intersection it blocks line of site to the intersection. As a result there have been many accidents, some serious. It sucks, trust me I have gotten my share of tickets from the PA , but its the way it is......

Posted on: 2011/7/8 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Unfortunately, I too was tagged recently for parking in a "borderline" spot. If I get too many more of these I might as well rent a spot. That would suck. I guess JC is pulling all levers to get cash, and this is an easy one.

And property taxes as well. Own a car own a house thats how they get you.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FalseCathedrals wrote:
Anybody have experiences with talking to the Parking Authority/local govt about issues affecting the availability of parking? Basically on First St on the block between Marin/Manila, the Enterprise Rent-a-Car has started using the street to park rental cars and box trucks. In addition to that, there's a significant stretch of red curb marked as a loading zone in front of a business that is no longer open. It amounts to about 10-15 spots that are regularly unavailable on that street, which given the amount of time I spend driving around looking for a place to park, is pretty rough to see.

Hey thats a no no I would talk to the 3 at large council people as well as your local councilman Fulop. Get all 4 in on the act and cite this business.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I was given a ticket this morning while I was in my freaking car putting it into gear to move out of the way. I didn't impede the street cleaner at all but "it was already printed up." gaahhhh

That's fregin bull ! How did you let that happen ? I thought tickets were only given to cars without a dirver in them. I wish all city agencies worked as hard as the PA did when they issued you your ticket.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
I rent a monthly parking spot 10 blocks away at $160/month. I use it about 2-3 times/month when I can't find legal parking or when I travel. It's frustrating but it's a reality unless I want tickets.

Considering the price of 2 tickets it's worth the $160. Now the rent will go up.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
well JC needs more money!

Posted on: 2011/7/8 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I've seen dozens of boots in the last couple weeks.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
When did they get the power to ticket/boot moving infractions?

Posted on: 2011/7/8 16:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
They are also booting legally parked cars with out of date or failed inspection stickers. I have seen 2 on my block and several on surrounding streets in Bergen-Lafayette. Be careful if you are overdue for inspection.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 16:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 15:27
Group:
Registered Users
"The ticket is already printed" is my favorite. I too have an "off" schedule whereby I leave early and get home pretty late and struggle to park. There's no solution.

Anybody have experiences with talking to the Parking Authority/local govt about issues affecting the availability of parking? Basically on First St on the block between Marin/Manila, the Enterprise Rent-a-Car has started using the street to park rental cars and box trucks. In addition to that, there's a significant stretch of red curb marked as a loading zone in front of a business that is no longer open. It amounts to about 10-15 spots that are regularly unavailable on that street, which given the amount of time I spend driving around looking for a place to park, is pretty rough to see.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I was given a ticket this morning while I was in my freaking car putting it into gear to move out of the way. I didn't impede the street cleaner at all but "it was already printed up."

gaahhhh

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It looks like there's no way around this.

I'll either:
A) keep driving around until I eventually find something (which is what I normally do to find those borderline-legal spaces); after all, crackdowns usually mellow out sooner or later.

or

B) Rent a parking space ($$$)

I used to park at the ShopRite a lot, but reading about all the towing company's antics on this forum freaked me out, so I stopped, unless for a dire emergency.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I rent a monthly parking spot 10 blocks away at $160/month. I use it about 2-3 times/month when I can't find legal parking or when I travel. It's frustrating but it's a reality unless I want tickets.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
yeah I think so, I was parked for about 45 minutes last night on essex and in that timespan a car parked behind me and got booted. You should get tickets for parking near the corner, it's a safety issue. Just park further away.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, I too was tagged recently for parking in a "borderline" spot. If I get too many more of these I might as well rent a spot. That would suck. I guess JC is pulling all levers to get cash, and this is an easy one.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:07

More parking tickets recently, or just a coincidence?

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was tagged with 2 street parking tickets in two days ($84 hurts).

Has anyone noticed a crackdown on street parking violators recently?

I work late, so when I come home the only spaces available are those borderline-legal parking spaces at the beginning and end (near stop sign) of the street.

I survived like that for a couple of years, and I hope I can continue. Otherwise, I have to move away if there isn't enough parking. Same with a few of my buddies.

I'm not saying that we are the lifeline of the JC economy or anything (), but we do bring lots of business to downtown JC (we think), eating at restaurants and bars all week. , and we're a part of the tax base.

I also think there are lots of young people like us that live here. And when all of us combine, I think we make a pretty good dent in the downtown JC economy.

I hope no one will have to move because of strict parking rules. That's bad for everybody, including JC.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 14:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017