Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 33

JCMan8, bikenbeer, more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 33 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
With a little research , it seems that the WTC station was overloaded due to an earlier shutdown on the 33rd Street lines. But I don't understand, why did they shut down the escalators, and when they were shut down, why couldn't people walk up them?

Posted on: 2012/1/20 12:01
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
The circus at WTC this morning was completely ridiculous. Literally 3,000 people were trapped inside the station. Only ONE set of stairs, 5 feet wide, was open and thousands of people were funneling into it. People who had been on the escalators when they were turned off were forced to STAND there on the escalators! It took me about 25 minutes to get to street level. This was #1 on my list of PATH disasters I have experienced.

What the hell caused this? The announcement from PATH was (paraphrase) "It is slow exiting from the WTC station because the escalators have been turned off due to a high volume of customers exiting the station." That is utter nonsense. Why would the escalators be turned off? And why wouldn't they allow people who were standing on the escalators WALK up the escalators?

Posted on: 2012/1/20 11:54
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Friday 1/20/12, 8:30am RUSH HOUR.

All escalators at WTC PATH were shut off.

It took OVER 30 MINUTES to make it from thetrain platform to the PATH exit on Vesey st.

If there was a fire, there would have been HUNDREDS of fatalities.

How does PATH get away with have no emergency egree plan?

Posted on: 2012/1/20 11:21
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyAveGirl wrote:

"...Regarding four lines of service on weekends, we cannot consider this until construction at World Trade Center is complete. The signal system is scheduled to be compelete is 2016 and the WTC in 2015."

Separate lines ran on weekends for a couple of years after WTC reopened post-9/11, so I call bullshit on their "waiting for construction to be complete" excuse. Also, why should WTC construction affect the 33rd Street line in any way?

But thanks, JerseyAve, for reaching out for a reply.

Posted on: 2011/12/5 17:07
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
As I read these posts, I often wonder if anyone goes to the source and asks for answers or details on the issues discussed or if this is just a forum to vent. Truthfully, I e-mailed PATH with no hope of getting a response to my request on when or if trains will run on two lines (JSQ and HOB), instead of one on weekends. Less than 24 hours later, I recieved the below answer:

"We are currently installing a new signal system througout PATH that will allow us to reduce the space that is necessary between trains. THis would mean that we can run more frequent trains. Regarding four lines of service on weekends, we cannot consider this until construction at World Trade Center is complete. The signal system is scheduled to be compelete is 2016 and the WTC in 2015."

Not the answer I was hoping for but it is a public agency. At least they did answer!

Posted on: 2011/12/5 15:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I am so glad I am avoiding all the stampade in the Path during holiday season by doing all my shopping online and getting it delivered by the post office. Oh wait...

Posted on: 2011/12/4 15:18
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
okay, WHAT in holy hell was going on at around 9:30 last night? we had to let two JSQ/HOB trains go by at Christopher Street because they were packed - I mean packed - to capacity. Finally squeezed ourselves onto the third but it took a lot of elbows.

was there an earlier delay and this was the residual crowd? did a ball drop in Times Square? or is this just now the thing for a holiday season weekend?

PATH really has to return these weekend trains to separate JSQ and HOB service. the packed-beyond-breathing state of the train last night wasn't just ridiculous, it was dangerous.

Posted on: 2011/12/4 15:12
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Same here - I am signed up for alerts for all PATH lines, and I got two alerts around 4:00 that day about the suspension on the 33rd St lines. The NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets alert didn't come through til much later. I headed for WTC and it wasn't even that much more crowded than usual; I had no problem.

I also waste no chance to criticize the PA, but the PATH alerts as a rule work pretty well for me.

Posted on: 2011/12/4 8:11
Print Top

Re: PATH Suspension between 33rd Street and Journal Square and Hoboken due to police activity
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
what Path alerts are you signed up for? the 3 i received about 5 seconds apart all only mentioned the cross honoring of tickets.

Posted on: 2011/12/2 18:20
Print Top

Re: PATH Suspension between 33rd Street and Journal Square and Hoboken due to police activity
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I'm always happy to pile on the PA. but for what its worth my PATH alert came thru a good 20 minutes before my 4:34pm NotifyNYC alert. gave me plenty of time to change directions and hit the ferry.

Quote:

Yet another opportunity to point out the ineptness of the Port Authority and their inability to keep us advised of what's happening on PATH - I work for a NYC government agency, and we got a text/e-mail advisory of this around 4:30(?) pm, LONG before the PATH e-mail alert went out. And the PATH e-mail "advisory" didn't say anything about the service suspension, just that PATH tickets were being cross-honored.

Can the Port Authority possibly suck more?

Posted on: 2011/12/2 18:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I bought $40 PATH card and it was instantly eaten by machine. My receipt showed $54 on it. Called them at the stalls and it's been 9 weeks later - still no sign of reimbursement.

Posted on: 2011/12/2 10:30
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Very true. The advisory said nothing about the problem. I actually read about it on NJ.Com before I even got the advisory as well. PA advisories real do blow......

Posted on: 2011/12/2 10:18
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyTurtle wrote:
Looks like someone was hit by a train earlier and they're investigating the cause:

http://www.dnainfo.com/20111130/chels ... -23rd-street-path-station

Yet another opportunity to point out the ineptness of the Port Authority and their inability to keep us advised of what's happening on PATH - I work for a NYC government agency, and we got a text/e-mail advisory of this around 4:30(?) pm, LONG before the PATH e-mail alert went out. And the PATH e-mail "advisory" didn't say anything about the service suspension, just that PATH tickets were being cross-honored.

Can the Port Authority possibly suck more?

Posted on: 2011/12/2 10:12
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
According to the PATH alert, the 33rd street line is operating again.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 19:04
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyTurtle wrote:
Looks like someone was hit by a train earlier and they're investigating the cause:

An actual explanation? What is this sorcery?

Why can't they just run single track like they do at night?

Posted on: 2011/11/30 18:09
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/11/30 18:00
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, WTC to nwk is up and running

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone confirm that the WTC line is still running OK?

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
At least you know it is due to police activity so that narrows it down a bit.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:40
Print Top

PATH Suspension between 33rd Street and Journal Square and Hoboken due to police activity
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ension_due_to_police.html

No actual news as to what the police activity is all about but everything is pretty hosed.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:22
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
PATH system restored after five-hour shut down
Sunday, November 13, 2011, 11:46 AM
By James Queally/The Star-Ledger

JERSEY CITY — PATH service has been restored after an electrical fire near the Journal Square train station in Jersey City knocked out all PATH train lines in New York and New Jersey for nearly five hours, officials said.

While the fire was extinguished quickly and caused no injuries, the incident caused signal malfunctions for all PATH trains operating between Newark and New York City around 8 p.m., said Port Authority spokesman Ron Marsico, forcing transit officials to shut down PATH service for safety reasons.

At 1:15 a.m., PATH service had been "fully restored," according to an e-mail from Marsico.

NJ Transit was cross-honoring PATH tickets at Newark-Penn Station and New York-Penn Station, according to Marsico.
Passengers were able to be unloaded at nearby stations after the fire, Marsico said, but the signal malfunctions made it unsafe for engineers to continue to operate PATH engines.

Posted on: 2011/11/14 11:57
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
It took me 7 F'N HOURS TO GET HOME! 7 f'n HOURS!
Before we knew what happened around 7:30pm this FAT Path biatch just stood there letting riders pay the turnstile NOT TELLING US THERE WAS A F'N PROBLEM WITH THE PATH! I waited for about 2 hrs on the 33rd St station till this good samaritan black dude told us there are no trains in all direction. It's suspended. When I got to Journal Sq to hail a cab back to downtown, they closed off the concourse level locked.It looked like a ghost town down there.
Now, I heard from one of my cab share riders Path Trains will be suspended till Monday!

Just curious was the fatso dressed in security guard blue or customer service red ? The security guards just keep things from happening by informing the powers that be and the customer service folks tell us train riding customers what is occuring.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 20:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Before we knew what happened around 7:30pm this FAT Path biatch just stood there letting riders pay the turnstile NOT TELLING US THERE WAS A F'N PROBLEM WITH THE PATH!
I waited for about 2 hrs on the 33rd St station till this good samaritan black dude told us there are no trains in all direction. It's suspended. The the police came and started to yellow tape the turnstiles.
It was a nightmare.

It is super-aggravationg when PATH personnel just let passengers stand around for ages without telling us what's going on. (And this happens all. the. time.)

That said, I'm not sure the size or race of the people involved has any damn thing to do with the situation. I guess you're just a stickler for details?

Posted on: 2011/11/13 18:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Now, I heard from one of my cab share riders Path Trains will be suspended till Monday!

Well I'm glad that all behind you now. By the way PATH train service has been restored with some delays.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 5:19
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
A former friend asked me for a ride to his job at the theater, so I said sure. I assumed he meant the Loews in JSQ. He gets in the car and tells me he has to go to St. Marks. Seriously? I probably could have made some money if I had picked up some people at Grove.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 1:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Before we knew what happened around 7:30pm this FAT Path biatch just stood there letting riders pay the turnstile NOT TELLING US THERE WAS A F'N PROBLEM WITH THE PATH!
I waited for about 2 hrs on the 33rd St station till this good samaritan black dude told us there are no trains in all direction. It's suspended. The the police came and started to yellow tape the turnstiles.
It was a nightmare.
Goind to the Port Authority was the 2nd nightmare.
The long @ss line to hoboken was jawdropping. Poor Hoboken riders the Port Authority kept making mistakes which gate to go. While the Jersey City riders were pretty ok with our gate. Watching the Hoboken riders mad dash to the supposed gate was like the keystone cops movies. We all felt sorry for them.
Then Jersey city riders waited a long @ss 2 hours for our bus while we watched Hoboken's 126 Bus kept coming in every 15 mins!

When I got to Journal Sq to hail a cab back to downtown, they closed off the concourse level locked.It looked like a ghost town down there.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 1:43
Print Top

Re: Path train
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
what is going on the PATH? ANOTHER signal problem? What are we paying fare increases for if this train is almost always delayed or the same "signal" problems keep cropping up? Sat nite and NO trains at all? Maybe the execs should get docked everytime this happens -- put the money into the damn signals.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 23:02
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
11/12/2011 9:50:36 PM
Due to a signal problem, ALL PATH train service is temporarily suspended.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 23:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Anyone besides me think that the new cars have a poor suspension system?
I find it much harder to stand and feel that my arms are constantly being jerked out of their sockets.

I agree my biggest decision is whether to sit or stand. If you sit you run the risk of someone being jerked around themselves and collapsing onto you and crushing your knee caps. Standing well that is why this thread is posted. I also do not like the air conditioner ducts they are too forward and have two vent areas which means even if you sit or stand you still get a draft of air constantly on top of your head.

Sit or Stand? I'm lucky to even get a seat during rush hour. I've seen people fight over a seat on more than one occasion. They pack people in like sardines. I luckily get on at 33rd on the way home and even then you are lucky to get a seat. Forget about it if your stop is 23rd or closer to JC. No way in hell you are getting a seat.

Posted on: 2011/11/11 11:39
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Anyone besides me think that the new cars have a poor suspension system?
I find it much harder to stand and feel that my arms are constantly being jerked out of their sockets.

I agree my biggest decision is whether to sit or stand. If you sit you run the risk of someone being jerked around themselves and collapsing onto you and crushing your knee caps. Standing well that is why this thread is posted. I also do not like the air conditioner ducts they are too forward and have two vent areas which means even if you sit or stand you still get a draft of air constantly on top of your head.

Posted on: 2011/11/11 4:59
Print Top

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 33 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2014