Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (19 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 3
Guests: 30

BeatrixKiddo, CatDog, jerseymom, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 36 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
i think you people are complaining far too much,Its public transportationand thats what you get,the public a bunch of selfish idiots that dont care about one another.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 12:46
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
How do unlimited monthly Metrocards work with the Path system? Is it possible to use them?

It has to be a money Metro card. This way the PATH can get paid by deleting each fare per ride from your account.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 17:44
Get on your bikes and ride !
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
How do unlimited monthly Metrocards work with the Path system? Is it possible to use them?

No.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 14:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/7/26 14:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HPYC wrote:
Yes, I say just stand even if there are open seats unless you have a physical condition that makes it hard to stand. It's not that long a ride even to 33rd St. Also, if you stand from the beginning you're automatically defering to others who need the seats - with no awkward moments deciding if you should get up for someone, while trying not to make a big show out of it.

With your way someone undeserving might get the seat then both people lose. I'd rather sit and then judge who should be worthy of the seat.

Posted on: 2012/5/11 9:39
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The cars are pretty narrow though. sometimes there is bottlenecking at the door but it's usually too narrow to even fit anyone else in the aisle anyway

Posted on: 2012/5/10 21:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vagabond79 wrote:
Absolutely agree about people standing by the door and creating a bottleneck. I bet the 12 min ride for most is cut down to 11 or even less if folks standing by the door clear the way at Grove and Newport.

PATH has the signs for 'Do not lean on the doors'. It should add 'Keep entry/exit area clear' when train is approaching a stop. The conductor can make an announcement as well.

If someone is standing by the door, nonchalant, blocking 1/3rd of the entrance, and people at Grove and Newport are trying to board, everyone should just nudge him/her a little bit .... never going to happen I know, of course this is rude, offensive and maybe even against the law ....

I've started just stepping onto the train between them and the door so that we are uncomfortably close to each other and then they usually step further inside the train after they realize I'm not going to push past them.

Its a lot like when I'm trying to get off the train and crowds of people want to push on; its easier for me to just stare at them until they step aside then try pushing through.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 14:45
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Absolutely agree about people standing by the door and creating a bottleneck. I bet the 12 min ride for most is cut down to 11 or even less if folks standing by the door clear the way at Grove and Newport.

PATH has the signs for 'Do not lean on the doors'. It should add 'Keep entry/exit area clear' when train is approaching a stop. The conductor can make an announcement as well.

If someone is standing by the door, nonchalant, blocking 1/3rd of the entrance, and people at Grove and Newport are trying to board, everyone should just nudge him/her a little bit .... never going to happen I know, of course this is rude, offensive and maybe even against the law ....

Posted on: 2012/5/10 13:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I say just stand even if there are open seats unless you have a physical condition that makes it hard to stand. It's not that long a ride even to 33rd St. Also, if you stand from the beginning you're automatically defering to others who need the seats - with no awkward moments deciding if you should get up for someone, while trying not to make a big show out of it.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 8:40
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nuyorkster wrote:
What really bugs me how apathetic people are to pregnant women traveling on the PATH. C'mon people! Be human! Give up your seat to a pregnant woman - don't close your eyes and pretend to sleep!

I'm not really sure why people are obsessed with seats. Its not really that much more comfortable and a ride is like 12 minutes.

The problem I find most annoying is the people who stand next to the doors but don't get out of the way or even move to let others on or off, and suddenly the whole train is delayed because some middle aged dbag wants his precious space against the door.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 0:45
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
What really bugs me how apathetic people are to pregnant women traveling on the PATH. C'mon people! Be human! Give up your seat to a pregnant woman - don't close your eyes and pretend to sleep!

Posted on: 2012/5/9 20:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The new Path cars are really not climate controlled. It is almost always really hot and humid in these trains. You know when the train comes to a station, and the doors opening lets in a "cool" breeze, that it's hot inside the trains.

I know I've complained about this before, and I really hate sounding like a complainer, but it's really annoying especially considering that these trains are brand new. In my experience, the older trains were almost always comfortable and cool. Not a huge fan of the newer trains ... they consistently smell bad and are not properly climate controlled ... why did they spend all the $$$ on them? Should have focused on the signal system.

Whether you sit or stand the duel air ducts shoot above the seats and on those that stand. I'd rather stand on the ends of the car because the ducts do not go to either end of the car. Also if you sit and someone standing falls down on you sitting you could get crushed. By the way the new seats are uncomfortable too upright with unusual lumbar support. And the train jerks abruptly upon take off.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 11:04
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
The new Path cars are really not climate controlled. It is almost always really hot and humid in these trains. You know when the train comes to a station, and the doors opening lets in a "cool" breeze, that it's hot inside the trains.

I know I've complained about this before, and I really hate sounding like a complainer, but it's really annoying especially considering that these trains are brand new. In my experience, the older trains were almost always comfortable and cool. Not a huge fan of the newer trains ... they consistently smell bad and are not properly climate controlled ... why did they spend all the $$$ on them? Should have focused on the signal system.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 10:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jzara wrote:
I'm relatively new to the Path system but every morning it comes like clockwork every few minutes. I don't think I've waited more than 2 minutes for a train to come. I have to say, so far, it is much more efficient than the subway, which seemed way more irregular when I lived over there.

Not a complaint, but I noticed the Path moves kinda slow and ramble-y, especially between Newport - Christopher st. I get nauseous on it. There must be a lot of twists and turns in the tunnels or something. I'm only on the train for like 10 minutes so I can't complain really but I'm just saying it's something I've noticed.

There are a couple of big turns but its mostly that there are too many trains and every signal block is filled. The jittery feel is coming from the train approaching a red signal and the driver hoping it turns yellow before they reach it -- and sometimes they don't turn which is where the sudden stops come from too.

Posted on: 2012/5/8 20:28
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I'm relatively new to the Path system but every morning it comes like clockwork every few minutes. I don't think I've waited more than 2 minutes for a train to come. I have to say, so far, it is much more efficient than the subway, which seemed way more irregular when I lived over there.

Not a complaint, but I noticed the Path moves kinda slow and ramble-y, especially between Newport - Christopher st. I get nauseous on it. There must be a lot of twists and turns in the tunnels or something. I'm only on the train for like 10 minutes so I can't complain really but I'm just saying it's something I've noticed.

Posted on: 2012/5/8 19:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BadCircles wrote:
and even then, it's not a priority.

When I first came to Hudson county (1989) that PATH was having horrendous problems with signal failures. Then came the 'Perfect Storm' in October 1991. It flooded the PATH tunnels, wrecking much of the signal system.

The PA had to replace the wrecked equipment. When the PATH resumed operations, the signal system showed a definite improvement in reliability.

Maybe we should say a prayer for another super-storm surge?

Posted on: 2012/5/8 14:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Anyone else remember the glory days when weekend train service 7 to 7 was like a normal midday schedule 4 routes operating?

yeah, and it was $1.

Posted on: 2012/5/8 14:07
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I was under the impression that the weekend schedule is due to the WTC construction. I overheard a train operator say the PA won't be able to operate all four lines on weekends, or fully upgrade the apparently dying signal system, until the tower is done. And even then, it's not a priority.

Posted on: 2012/5/8 12:33
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else remember the glory days when weekend train service 7 to 7 was like a normal midday schedule 4 routes operating?

Posted on: 2012/5/8 11:29
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
It seems a bunch of trains are getting redirected to WTC to accommodate all the riders/ bikes involved in today's 5-borough tour. I've been on the platform waiting for a 33rd train for 40 minutes. Of course there's no notice or announcement. Plenty of helpful word scrambles, though.

The normal schedule for Sunday mornings is every 35 minutes for both the 33rd St. and WTC trains. However due to the special event more WTC bound trains have been added along with even more frequent departures. The bikes should have tipped you off. Your 33rd St. train schedule has not changed.

Posted on: 2012/5/7 12:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
That would explain why I saw bunch of bikers heading towards grove st. Usually there are people on bikes in the morning driving down newark ave, but today, there were cars with bikes and lot more bikers than usual

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
It seems a bunch of trains are getting redirected to WTC to accommodate all the riders/ bikes involved in today's 5-borough tour. I've been on the platform waiting for a 33rd train for 40 minutes. Of course there's no notice or announcement. Plenty of helpful word scrambles, though.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 8:35
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/5/6 7:47
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I think what Lhota meant was not in his political lifetime which is surely shorter than he would like.

Posted on: 2012/4/4 14:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/4/4 6:54
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

erstrecs wrote:
I also never really understood that "15 minute delay" thing. if all the trains are delayed 15 minutes, wouldn't the intervals between them still be the same? even when they announce there's a delay, the trains still seem to come just as frequently.

i was told that meant trains come every 15minutes, not that the schedule was phase-shifted by 15minutes

Posted on: 2012/4/1 16:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

erstrecs wrote:
I also never really understood that "15 minute delay" thing. if all the trains are delayed 15 minutes, wouldn't the intervals between them still be the same? even when they announce there's a delay, the trains still seem to come just as frequently.

It depends on the schedule at the time. Some are every 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, and so forth. It also depends on the day of the week. If you do the math it can affect the timing, which is everything.

Posted on: 2012/3/31 19:26
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/3/31 13:41
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
yep, have lived in downtown JC for 23+ years now, and the PATH rules, almost no real problems ever.

now the subways in Brooklyn on most weekends, those are worth complaining about.

Posted on: 2012/3/31 13:40
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Out of all the ways into and out of NYC the PATH is certainly the most reliably on time. There are always areas for improvement, but considering what other people do to get in and out of the city I'm not about to complain about the PATH.

Posted on: 2012/3/31 8:12
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Ahh, another PATH apologist.

I don't run PATH, I have nothing to apologize for. What I do have a a perfect on time record at work since I began using PATH on a regular basis 2 and a half years ago. And similar results going home.

Posted on: 2012/3/30 20:39
Print Top

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 36 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2014