Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: knockout
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
I sense a Brother Al sighting.

Posted on: 2013/12/11 12:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting when the shoe is on the other foot its called gay bashing and not knockout. The media LOL

Hasidic gay-bashers

Posted on: 2013/12/11 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Two teen thugs from Newark and Irvington took these assaults to the suburbs

http://southorange.patch.com/groups/p ... uth-orange-knockout-spree

Posted on: 2013/12/9 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Someone tried playing the knockout game but got his ass kicked, haha.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos ... hp?v=wshhM49J1yR1y1J332k9

Posted on: 2013/12/9 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bobm wrote:
In fact, it was the Jersey Journal ... not the JCPD ...that speculated about a "knockout." Read the story.

I did read the story. It gives the impression that JCPD effectively speculated it wasn't "knockout". JCPD could end the speculation by stating that they don't have "knockout" as a classification of assault, and they arrest people on the basis of existing criminal law. Nobody gets arrested and charged with "knockout".

Quote:

The assault loosely fits a description of "game" played by teens in which they find a person walking alone and try to knock out the unsuspecting person with a single blow.

But Jersey City police did not classify this assault as one of those attacks and a spokesman said there has not been a reported "knockout" incident in the city.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 19:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/26 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
In fact, it was the Jersey Journal ... not the JCPD ...that speculated about a "knockout." Read the story.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Yea, that's what I said dtjcview.
Thx for cleaning it up a lil.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The JCPD should not be commenting on whether or not something is "knockout". That implies they have some kind of definition of it, which they don't. It's pure speculation, totally unnecessary, and potentially divisive.

What our public officials should be doing, is using the media attention to advertise the steps they are taking to combat the actual real crime here - youth violence. Whether that's stiffer penalties, community policing/foot patrols, after-school programs... whatever.

I get the feeling that our JC public officials have lost the plot on this one.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 5:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
First of all, these allhole news reporters need to stop reporting abou this as a game cause all these kids will keep doing it.
Everyone don't realize that the media controlls us. Whatever they report, we are forced to believe!
MEDIA, NEWS, ETC. STOP REPORTING THIS SO THESE ASSHOLE KIDS DON'T BRING SOO MUCH ATTENTION & THIS GAME LIKE THEY CALL IT WILL EVENTUALLY DIE OFF!!!

Posted on: 2013/12/6 4:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/24 0:33
Group:
Registered Users
I've said it many times (in a much gentler way), but, NOW, I'll say what I really think. Our police SUCK. I live near the station and all they do is block us in (residents unfortunate enough to live on the same street as the station) by double parking (bc they're too lazy to walk from the lot designated for them that's steps from the station) and stand out front cursing, laughing, etc..... I don't know about everyone else, but my taxes are KIND OF HIGH and it sucks that our police force SUCKS. Additionally, where's Fulop these days?!?!?!!??! All talk before the election - well, he's the mayor now - NOTHING'S CHANGED. GOOD JOB FULOP and GOOD JOB JCPD POLICE. I regret buying a house here and CAN'T WAIT to leave.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 4:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
What I'd like to know is:
1. How long are convicted offenders in the game of knockout held in juvenile detention before being released? (the answer appears to be 'not long enough')

2. How often are police standing infront of classrooms explaining the consequences of being involved in these acts?

3. How many times have police visited the homes of 'trouble students' to speak with them directly about the consequences of participating in this behavior?

Posted on: 2013/12/6 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I walked by there around 7:30 PM after I went to the Farmers Market. I was wondering why there was a police car facing the wrong way in the front of the post office. Kids skateboard there all the time. If they ran east, maybe cameras around the light rail caught their image.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Those little, should have been abortions, are out there all the time. I pass by them when walking home from work.

Might be time to fight back.

*rolls eyes*

Posted on: 2013/12/5 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Those little,**censored**, are out there all the time. I pass by them when walking home from work.

Might be time **censored**

I forgot, we have sensitive types on here.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A 48-year-old Jersey City man was assaulted from behind by a group of teenage boys while walking to a store on Monday night in Jersey City but sustained only minor injuries, according to a police report.

The man had a small scratch above his right eye and refused medical attention, police said.

The man, who allegedly was intoxicated at the time of the incident, said he was walking on Montgomery Street past a post office at around 7 p.m. when a group of teenage boys skateboarding near the front steps of the post office began taunting him, police said.

The man said he told the boys he did not want any problems, officers said.

As the man walked past the post office, he was "jumped on and knocked to the ground" from behind by the teenagers, according to police.

He said he was able to free himself, at which point the group of teenagers fled east on Montgomery Street, police said.

The man said the group that assaulted him consisted of four to six teenage boys between the ages of 17 and 21, police said.

The man said one of the teenagers was white and the rest were of "medium complexion," officers said.

Officers gave the description of the group to the NJ Transit Police Department and the Port Authority Police Department.
JJ

Posted on: 2013/12/5 20:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/24 14:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ChaChaWoo wrote:
Someone was "knocked out" Monday night in front of the Post Office on Washington. I live across the street and the cops were asking if we had any outdoor cameras for them to review.

Almost as scary as this happening across the street from me is that I can't seem to find any report of it online/in the news. How often is this happening and we just aren't hearing about it?

Hi Chacha,
I sent an inquiry to the police dept about the incident you mentioned. I received a reply today stating, "...an incident that occurred on Monday, December 12, 2013 just after 7:00 p.m. is currently being investigated, however, does not appear to be "knock out." We will advise the public as we proceed with this investigation.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe the Jersey or the Reporter missed that one. A simple call to these newspapers and even the JC Independent will prompt their reporters to put it to print.

Posted on: 2013/12/4 14:54
Get on your bikes and ride !

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/1 13:27
Group:
Registered Users
Someone was "knocked out" Monday night in front of the Post Office on Washington. I live across the street and the cops were asking if we had any outdoor cameras for them to review.

Almost as scary as this happening across the street from me is that I can't seem to find any report of it online/in the news. How often is this happening and we just aren't hearing about it?

Posted on: 2013/12/4 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

istabraq wrote:
Here's the part I don't get - if it is a game, meant to prove how tough/thuggish a young man is, how does it make you a "big man" to knock out a 75-year-old woman?! Or any woman/person smaller and weaker than you for that matter? Putting aside for a second the fact that the whole thing is ridiculous and awful and taking it in its own apparent context, I would think that choosing a knockout victim who couldn't stand up for him/herself even in a fair fight would make a young man look like a real p***y. At least pick on someone your own size!

It's not a game it is attempted murder call it want you want but in the end the name of the game changes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when partisipants in this monkey see monkey do routine act out. I remember when the homeless would act out in a similar manner now with the roster changing they are getting younger and more brazen with no recourse from the innocent public. We can only react after the fact.

Posted on: 2013/12/4 12:13
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Guess what? The "community leaders" are blaming lack of jobs for the knockout game violence.

http://brooklyn.news12.com/news/commu ... t-game-violence-1.6507548

Posted on: 2013/12/4 5:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the part I don't get - if it is a game, meant to prove how tough/thuggish a young man is, how does it make you a "big man" to knock out a 75-year-old woman?! Or any woman/person smaller and weaker than you for that matter? Putting aside for a second the fact that the whole thing is ridiculous and awful and taking it in its own apparent context, I would think that choosing a knockout victim who couldn't stand up for him/herself even in a fair fight would make a young man look like a real p***y. At least pick on someone your own size!

Posted on: 2013/12/1 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
76-Year-Old Brooklyn Woman May Be Latest 'Knockout' Assault Victim

By LIZ FIELDS | Good Morning America

Police are on the hunt for a man who sucker-punched a 76-year-old New York woman in East New York.

Yvonne Small was attacked from behind at around 11:35 a.m. on Friday while walking on Alabama Avenue, and is believed to be the latest victim in the sometimes deadly "knockout game," police say.

The attack occurred shortly after a nearby rally held by activists condemning the violent "game" ended. A male suspect fled the scene and Small was taken to Brookdale Hospital, where she was treated for a head injury and later released.

According to the New York Police Department, there have been at least nine other attacks in the city linked to the knockout game, in which perpetrators pummel innocent, unsuspecting victims, hoping to render them unconscious with one punch.

On Nov. 22, police charged one man for punching a 24-year-old Jewish man. In response to that attack in Brooklyn, New York City Councilman David Greenfield told ABC station WABC-TV in New York that officials should send a message of "zero tolerance."

"That's why I called on the NYPD and District Attorney's Office to literally throw the book at these individuals and to charge them with many crimes, including hate crimes and gang assault, because that's what it is," Greenfield said.

Police said there have seven other similar attacks in Brooklyn and believe the motive may be related to anti-Semitism. The NYPD's hate crimes task force is investigating the cases. It was not clear whether the latest victim, Small, is Jewish like all of the nine other victims before her.

Republican state Assemblyman Jim Tedisco has proposed a bill that would classify knockout game attacks as gang assaults, and would require that youths who participate in such attacks be tried as adults, facing prison terms of up to 25 years.

"These twisted and cowardly thugs are preying on innocent bystanders and they don't care if the victims are young, old, a man or woman," Tedisco told The Associated Press when he announced the bill. "Life isn't a video game. These are real people whose lives are not only being put in jeopardy but in many cases destroyed."

But despite increased police crackdowns on the alleged perpetrators, the dangerous game appears to be spreading further throughout the country.

One unidentified Denver man told ABC News affiliate KMGH-TV in Denver that he was sucker-punched when leaving a bar, which would make him one of the first people in that city to be a victim of the "knockout" game.

In Washington, two people were randomly punched in separate incidents but suffered only minor injuries and did not lose consciousness, while two similar assaults in Philadelphia also have police on alert.

In September, Ralph Santiago, 46, of Hoboken, N.J., died from injuries resulting from a suspected knockout attack that sent him careering backward into a fence, where his head got lodged. Three teens -- two 13-year-olds and a 14-year-old -- have been charged with murder.

In late May, two teenagers admitted to fatally beating and killing a man in Syracuse, N.Y. They admitted that the attack began with the intention of knocking out the victim, Michael Daniels, with a single blow. Both teens, 16 and 13, were sentenced to 18 months in jail.

And earlier in May, Elex Murphy, now 20, was sentenced to life in prison plus 25 years in St. Louis for killing a Vietnamese immigrant as part the game in 2011.

Surveillance footage has also gone viral of another attack from 2012, in which a 50-year-old Pittsburgh, Pa., English teacher named James Addlespurger is struck and falls limply to the curb.
Experts say the violent acts appear to be driven in part by a pack mentality and peer pressure put on the perpetrators.
"These kids have effectively de-humanized others," Former FBI special agent Brad Garrett told ABC News. "They are being drastically influenced by the groups to commit the acts."
"This I believe is a real economic issue where those who have nothing feel that they have nothing to lose," said Dr. Jeff Gardere, a psychologist and assistant professor at Touro Graduate School of Psychology in New York City.
"Not only do they get a thrill out of doing something so horrific but then they get to watch it," Gardere said. "Then they get the positive reinforcement of people just watching these videos and these videos, no pun intended, getting hit after hit after hit after hit and these kids are finding some sort of immortality by their bad behavior."

ABC News' GILLIAN MOHNEY, DAN HARRIS, BRANDON BAUR, CANDACE SMITH and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Posted on: 2013/12/1 15:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
For what it's worth, my successful attacker was hispanic/latino looking, likely Puerto Rican (same ethnicity as homeless guy killed in Hoboken)... Race doesn't have that much to do with it.

Posted on: 2013/11/28 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ect_stranger_instead.html

An man (Oh Jersey Journal!) was knocked out cold by a stranger as he stepped off a bus in Jersey City this afternoon but police say it is not an example of the so-called ?knockout game? which has been the topic of heavy media attention recently.

Tony Nguyen, 19, of Jersey City, was arrested after 3:16 p.m. incident at Newark and Hoboken avenues and charged with aggravated assault, police spokesman Robert McHugh said.

Responding officers spoke to the 23-year-old Lyndhurst man, who said he was getting off the bus when he was punched by a man he had never seen before, a police report says. The victim said he lost consciousness briefly and woke up on the ground, the report says, adding that he had severe pain in his jaw and swelling.

A 19-year-old woman and 21-year-old woman who had been walking with the attacker told police the assault was unprovoked and they did not believe the attacker knew the victim, the report says.

The women also said the attacker invited the victim to get up and punch him but the victim was unable to get up and so he ran away, heading south on Summit Avenue, the report says.

Police got a description of the attacker and Nguyen was arrested a few hours later, officials said.

Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea said that based on the investigation, ?police believe that the suspect acted in anger because of a dispute he was having with a female companion who was with him at the time? and apparently exorcised his anger by slugging the Lyndhurst man.

Resized Image

Bail for the Jersey City man charged with knocking out a complete stranger with a punch to the face as the victim stepped off a bus yesterday was lowered to $20,000 today when he made his first court appearance.

Bail had been set at $50,000 with a 10 percent cash option yesterday for Tony Nguyen, 19, of Van Wagenen Avenue, in the incident that police are saying was not an instance of the so-called "knockout game."
But after a discussion between the attorneys and Central Judicial Processing court Judge Margaret Marley this afternoon, the bail was reduced. Tonight it could not be determined what circumstances caused bail reduction.

The criminal complaint says the 3:16 p.m. ?aggravated assault? was an attempt to ?cause serious bodily injury to the victim,? a 23-year-old Lyndhurst man, ?under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.?

Responding officers said the victim told them he was getting off the bus at Hoboken and Newark avenues when he was sucker-punched by a man he had never seen before, a police report says. The victim said he lost consciousness briefly and woke up on the ground, the report says.

Two women, 19 and 21, who had been walking with Nguyen told police the assault was unprovoked, the report says. The women said that after Nguyen slugged the man, he invited the victim to punch him, but the victim was unable to get up, police said. Nguyen then fled south on Summit Avenue, the report said.

Police got a description of the attacker and Nguyen was arrested a few hours later, officials said. Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea said that based on the investigation, police believe Nguyen was having a dispute with one of the women and apparently took out his anger on the Lyndhurst man.

The charges against Nguyen are based on "statements from the victim, witnesses and admissions from actor," the complaint says.

Nguyen appeared in court today via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny.

"If you see the stranger you encountered yesterday ? you are to have no contact with that person,? CJP Judge Margaret Marley ordered Nguyen.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Does

Quote:

anybody

Quote:

read

Quote:

shit

Quote:

that

Quote:

looks

Quote:

Quote:

this?

Quote:

Burma Shave

Posted on: 2013/11/26 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
If I see Abercrombie/khaki wearing Hollister sartorial donning drunken white frat boys acting really loud and boisterous over by the beer garden, puking, etc. yeah I might just be apt to cross the street. They could yell epithets at me (happened in college to me), throw bottles (happened in college) etc. I dress conservatively, speak well, etc. but yes I've had white women grab their pocketbooks in my midst and once felt like an older white woman VISITING the building in which I RESIDE felt very scared just being on the elevator with me.

Well yeah...if they are drunk that changes everything. Wouldn't you try to avoid drunken people regardless of clothing...

What I'm saying is take away the drunkenness, loudness, you don't avoid a bunch of preppy kids...

However, you do avoid kids dressed like hoodlums - even if they are not drunk or loud.

Don't think I'm saying anything controversial...
Very few teens now a days dress like they did in the past. They wear all the same things in the hood as the kids in the burbs, Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Ralph Lauren, True Religion etc. Baggy is also out, they where fitting and in some cases tight clothing now.

Umm, wtf, are you nuts? It's called sagging and it's not only popular, it's a trend. Kids in the hood DO NOT WEAR RALPH LAUREN. I can only assume you are joking...

No not a joke RL has been worn in the hood for decades, it was big in the 90's wasn't as popular again until the last 5 years or so. As for sagging I never said it wasn't popular I said baggy isn't, now the thing is to wear jeans that fit or are tight and sag them anyway to show off a designer belt. Even some of the clothing stores carry some RL like Jimmy Jazz and Magic Sneaker.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 5:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Seems like JCPD have dug a hole on this issue, and they're still digging. It's unprovoked youth violence plain and simple. Why speculate on motives?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

An man (Oh Jersey Journal!) was knocked out cold by a stranger as he stepped off a bus in Jersey City this afternoon but police say it is not an example of the so-called ?knockout game? which has been the topic of heavy media attention recently.

Tony Nguyen, 19, of Jersey City, was arrested after 3:16 p.m. incident at Newark and Hoboken avenues and charged with aggravated assault, police spokesman Robert McHugh said.

Responding officers spoke to the 23-year-old Lyndhurst man, who said he was getting off the bus when he was punched by a man he had never seen before, a police report says. The victim said he lost consciousness briefly and woke up on the ground, the report says, adding that he had severe pain in his jaw and swelling.

A 19-year-old woman and 21-year-old woman who had been walking with the attacker told police the assault was unprovoked and they did not believe the attacker knew the victim, the report says.

The women also said the attacker invited the victim to get up and punch him but the victim was unable to get up and so he ran away, heading south on Summit Avenue, the report says.

Police got a description of the attacker and Nguyen was arrested a few hours later, officials said.

Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea said that based on the investigation, ?police believe that the suspect acted in anger because of a dispute he was having with a female companion who was with him at the time? and apparently exorcised his anger by slugging the Lyndhurst man.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 5:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/11/26 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
As for white dudes in khakis / suits - if they are wasted, I absolutely avoid them. Spending as much time in hoboken as I have, I have seen as much messed up behavior there from people as I have when i've lived in very economically depressed areas....

take out the drunkenness - do you still avoid dudes in khakis /suits?

Who said they were drunk?

And I'd avoid them. In my experiences, people in khakis/suits have been douchier than those in suits. I'm glad I work for a start up now where people don't pretend that monkey suits make you more professional and/or productive.

CapNJon did in his quote above...but I'm glad you replied.

You're right, I missed that. Sorry.

Quote:
I can also assure you that even in the tech industry, unless you're Steve Jobs, you wear suits or you will be laughed at...

Even Zuckerberg understands this now...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuckerberg-in-a-suit-2013-9

Do you care to qualify that statement? Because as-is, it's way too general to make sense.

Also, Zuckerman was meeting with politicians.. so how does that disqualify my point?

I'm not exactly what point you were trying to make? People in suits are douchier than those not in suits? Umm, okay?

Oh, I think you clearly understand the point I was trying to make. My point was pretty direct and you were able to repeat it back to me fairly easily.

Quote:

Is this the same logic that says "Newport is bland" and "JC should not become the next Hoboken" ?

Nice try with the straw man but sorry, that's a logical fallacy, and that just won't work in an argument.

This is also ironic since you said:

Quote:
So in closing, the way you dress and talk to others matter..

Can't have it both ways, I'm afraid.

Quote:

In the professional working world, to be considered serious, you wear a suit if you're a man. For women, a pant suit or skirt suit. Again..not sure what I'm saying is controversial...Mark Zuckerberg is now wearing suits to most events, not just that event I linked to..gave him as an example because even in the tech industry (unless you are Steve Jobs), executives wear suits.

Ha! You need to wear a suit or pantsuit/skirt in order to be considered a professional. Let me guess... you don't work in a tech start up..

Posted on: 2013/11/26 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
As for white dudes in khakis / suits - if they are wasted, I absolutely avoid them. Spending as much time in hoboken as I have, I have seen as much messed up behavior there from people as I have when i've lived in very economically depressed areas....

take out the drunkenness - do you still avoid dudes in khakis /suits?

Who said they were drunk?

And I'd avoid them. In my experiences, people in khakis/suits have been douchier than those in suits. I'm glad I work for a start up now where people don't pretend that monkey suits make you more professional and/or productive.

CapNJon did in his quote above...but I'm glad you replied.

You're right, I missed that. Sorry.

Quote:
I can also assure you that even in the tech industry, unless you're Steve Jobs, you wear suits or you will be laughed at...

Even Zuckerberg understands this now...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuckerberg-in-a-suit-2013-9

Do you care to qualify that statement? Because as-is, it's way too general to make sense.

Also, Zuckerman was meeting with politicians.. so how does that disqualify my point?

I'm not exactly what point you were trying to make? People in suits are douchier than those not in suits? Umm, okay? Is this the same logic that says "Newport is bland" and "JC should not become the next Hoboken" ?

In the professional working world, to be considered serious, you wear a suit if you're a man. For women, a pant suit or skirt suit. Again..not sure what I'm saying is controversial...Mark Zuckerberg is now wearing suits to most events, not just that event I linked to..gave him as an example because even in the tech industry (unless you are Steve Jobs), executives wear suits.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:42

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017