Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking ticket on Sussex/Greene St in Paulus Hook
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Skywarp wrote:
Slightly off topic but I live at that location and I've been told
i cant get a parking permit because of my address.

Cars in my building cannot park on the street.

has anyone else experinced this ?
=================================

From what I understand, if you live somewhere with dedicated parking, you can't get a parking permit. I heard of someone who lives at Dixon Mills, and parking in the lot there is expensive. So they tried to get a parking permit for their zone.

The lady looked up their address and said, "You're in Dixon Mills. You can't get a permit. Park in their lot."

I guess they don't want people who live somewhere with dedicated lots/garages taking up street spots needed by those who don't have them.

I hope that is true.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 2:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:03
Group:
Registered Users

=================================

From what I understand, if you live somewhere with dedicated parking, you can't get a parking permit. I heard of someone who lives at Dixon Mills, and parking in the lot there is expensive. So they tried to get a parking permit for their zone.

The lady looked up their address and said, "You're in Dixon Mills. You can't get a permit. Park in their lot."

I guess they don't want people who live somewhere with dedicated lots/garages taking up street spots needed by those who don't have them.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 1:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/5 5:47
Group:
Registered Users
Tiff.................

I never told you to F-off..... I just explained why it was you got ticketed... But just like most people, at times including myself, you dont like to be proven wrong .Im guessing one of the cars I described was yours... I hope you and the rest stop parking there...For the sake of your checkbooks!! Hope you had a great Easter

F-A-B.........

Just a few words for you ,Sir....... Thank you for the support. Im glad to see that im not the only one who is tired of people complaining about our town when they either just moved here and "Can see whats wrong with this town and can fix it in a week " or the people use JC as the "Free Parking" space like on the Monopoly Board because parking in NYC can be as high as 500.00 a month!

Posted on: 2011/4/25 6:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Common Sense is not So Common !

This is just another example of a multi-State and international transient community living in JC for 2 years or less while working in Manhattan - everyone only remembers what they did back home and it was ok back there !

Posted on: 2011/4/24 23:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/24 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Chill out, buddy and don't tell people to F off. Until it happens to you, you can't talk.

Posted on: 2011/4/24 18:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Robin...

The street that is in question here is Sussex st between Greene st and Hudson st.

Most streets in JC have room enough to park a vehicle and to have vehicles go passed them without going into on coming traffic.

A parking lane is the section of the street that is against the curb where a vehicle could be that doesnt obstruct the flow of traffic. At the Sussex st it isnt like that.

The west bound lane from Hudson towards Greene is about eight (8) feet wide from the curb to the double yellow line which divides the west bound lane from the east bound lane. With a car parked at the curb the width of the car takes up seventy-five (75) % of the lane . There is no room for a vehicle travelling in that lane to get past the parked vehicle without going into on coming traffic. I drove that last night and there were about ten (10) cars parked there. Its a hazzard. Very dangerous..

Im sure with this next statement there will be some idiotic replies but here you go......
If there was a wall where the yellow line is and you have a vehicle parked at the curb it would be im possible for a vehicle to get by ,thus you have an obstruction of the roadway. Yes there is a yellow line that you could drive over but when an accident occurs and its determined that the west bound vehicle crossed the yellow line and the collision happened... whos fault?? Its the driver of the vehicle that crossed the line. A ticket would then be issued for crossing the double yellow line. Yes fault would also be with the parked vehicle .
I hope this helps

Posted on: 2011/4/20 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
> Since when do you need a sign to tell you that
> you cant park in a travel lane!!

I don't understand, isn't all on street parking "parking in a travel lane"? What is a "parking lane"?

What about this section of street makes it different to Sussex street the other side of Greene, for instance? Are you saying that the double yellow line is the difference, and that its presence in the middle of a road means no parking on either side?

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 17:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 15:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

themush1326 wrote:

I haven't experienced exactly this, but I live at the corner of 1st and Marin on the side closer to Newport and was given a pass for Zone 5, which kind of blew my mind because my actual building (as well as every street that it touches) is in Zone 4.

I guess when they were establishing parking zones they chose a range of addresses and didn't bother to actually see where they were.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
So for months people were blocking traffic and now they are complaining because they finally got ticketed? FU! Pay Up!!

Posted on: 2011/4/20 15:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Chet....

Why is is when SOMEONE finally holds the public to the standard that is set , its Harrassment or a money making conspiracy theory!!

As I have said in the past im NO fan of the JCPA but lately I have to say they are doing a great job. Much more professional . Do they make a mistake here and there , Yea but who doesnt. The enforcement officers are , just like the public, being held to the standard that was set. Thats probably new to them also.

Patients people ! Before I get off my soapbox Im going to say.... Just because you have been getting away with what you want to do and now your getting hit for it. Do Not say " Its a way for the city to make up money lost due to the bad winter" or " Its Harrassment" . They are doing their job. And be thankful that you got away with it for as long as you did and laugh it off.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jcresident0001 wrote: For all who park on Sussex st between Greene st and Hudson st.................................. You all should be towed away!! Since when do you need a sign to tell you that you cant park in a travel lane!! For all who is reading this and not too sure of the area let me explain... Sussex st. to Hudson st. is a three (3) lane street from curb to curb. There are NO PARKING LANES on this part of the street. There is one (1) lane westbound and two (2) lanes east bound seperated by a double yellow line . The west bound lane from the curb line to the double yellow line is just wide enough for car to go through . With the cars , like tonight, parked on the north side of the street, a vehicle that is going from Hudson St to Greene St must cross the double yellow line into on coming traffic. If there was an accident the parked cars would be the reason for the vehicle crossing the double yellow line. If im not mistaken there is a law prohibiting the crossing of a double yellow line. As for the east bound traffic there is a sign on the south curb line that says <--- NO PARKING ---> because at the curb line you are in a Travel Lane!!! You people who got tickets for prohibited area should have gotten one for blocking a traffic lane and have been impounded. I HOPE someone from the JCPD and the JCPA reads this . For all who doubt the accurate description of the street or cars that was parked tonight, here you go.... parked on the north side of the street in the ONLY west bound lane was a red scooter with NY plates, a white Audi with NJ plates,a blue Nissan with Maryland plates, a gold Jag with Florida plates and a silver Acura with Nj plates. The south side of the street , in the first east bound lane was a gold jeep with NJ plates, a silver Nissan with maryland plates,a blue VW with california plates and a silver BMW with NJ plates. Again , Im sorry for my rants but tonight I had to take an early trip to work and pass that area. Please people dont argue this . Its very plain and simple , but im sure there will be a few that need to express how they cant understand common sense.
Do not apologize. You are absolutely correct.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 12:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
For all who park on Sussex st between Greene st and Hudson st.................................. You all should be towed away!! Since when do you need a sign to tell you that you cant park in a travel lane!! For all who is reading this and not too sure of the area let me explain... Sussex st. to Hudson st. is a three (3) lane street from curb to curb. There are NO PARKING LANES on this part of the street. There is one (1) lane westbound and two (2) lanes east bound seperated by a double yellow line . The west bound lane from the curb line to the double yellow line is just wide enough for car to go through . With the cars , like tonight, parked on the north side of the street, a vehicle that is going from Hudson St to Greene St must cross the double yellow line into on coming traffic. If there was an accident the parked cars would be the reason for the vehicle crossing the double yellow line. If im not mistaken there is a law prohibiting the crossing of a double yellow line. As for the east bound traffic there is a sign on the south curb line that says <--- NO PARKING ---> because at the curb line you are in a Travel Lane!!! You people who got tickets for prohibited area should have gotten one for blocking a traffic lane and have been impounded. I HOPE someone from the JCPD and the JCPA reads this . For all who doubt the accurate description of the street or cars that was parked tonight, here you go.... parked on the north side of the street in the ONLY west bound lane was a red scooter with NY plates, a white Audi with NJ plates,a blue Nissan with Maryland plates, a gold Jag with Florida plates and a silver Acura with Nj plates. The south side of the street , in the first east bound lane was a gold jeep with NJ plates, a silver Nissan with maryland plates,a blue VW with california plates and a silver BMW with NJ plates. Again , Im sorry for my rants but tonight I had to take an early trip to work and pass that area. Please people dont argue this . Its very plain and simple , but im sure there will be a few that need to express how they cant understand common sense.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 8:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
With the above said, I do agree that is completely selective enforcement.

I've gotten enough tickets to know just to completely avoid any spot that could be questionable.

I typically will avoid corner spots or fire hydrant spots unless I'm 100% certain that I am far enough away, regardless if I see others that park in the same spots without issues.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Are you certain the ticket wasn't there Monday morning? How could that be possible?

They are computerized, I highly doubt the JCPA can backdate a ticket.

What is the description of the ticket? You are probably too close to the corner.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 18:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/3 0:54
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed, the city must be trying to make up lost snow money. This exact same thing just happened to me. I parked, legally, in a spot that me and all my neighbors have been parking in at a corner for at least the 2 1/2 years I've been in JC. There is no crosswalk, 'no parking anytime' sign, yellow curb, hydrant or anything warranting the "parking prohibited in designated areas" on the tickets. I have my current parking permit displayed correctly on my rear window. There was no ticket on my car on Monday morning at 9AM when I left for work. This morning, Tuesday, there were 2 tickets. 1 dated Monday at 7AM (which is B/S because it wasn't there yesterday at 9AM!), and another dated today/Tuesday at 7AM. I moved my car to the other side of the street this morning, but the No Parking sign is from 1 - 3 PM for street cleaning, so how can they ticket me at 7AM?? This is outrageous- who has almost $100 to throw down the drain to a corrupt city government? The sad thing is, most residents, including myself, can't afford to take a day off of work to contest these false tickets. It's infuriating.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 15:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/1 13:27
Group:
Registered Users
I think the city is trying to recoup some of the money they weren't able to collect when street cleaning was suspended due to snow cover.

I've gotten 2 tickets in my area for parking too close to the crosswalk at a intersection in my area. I've never been ticketed for parking in the same area prior to the snow. I deserved these tickets, so I'm not fighting.

I did, however, get a ticket I did not deserve. So I fought it. Not worth it, even though it got dismissed. Court was horrible!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/4/13 12:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/13 11:36
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/13 10:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
there are no signs anywhere for parking within 25 or 50 feet of a stop sign; yet they've been giving that ticket out frequently around my block.

Just because there are no signs, don't assume you are off the hook. It's ridiculous, but that's the way it goes around here...

Believe me, I'm not sticking up for the JCPA, but they don't have to (and shouldn't have to) put up signs for everything...

From the NJ Driver's Manual

Do not PARK (N.J.S.A. 39:4-138)
Unless directed to do so by a police officer or to avoid an accident, a motorist should never stop or park at any of the following places:
- On a crosswalk
- Between a safety zone for pedestrians and the adjacent curb or within
20 feet of the end of the safety zone
- Near properly marked street construction
- In a space on public or private property marked for vehicle parking for the handicapped (unless legally authorized)
- On an interstate highway
- On a sidewalk
- In a bus stop zone
- In front of a public or private driveway
- Within an intersection
- Within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
- Within 25 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection, or side line of a street or intersection highway, except at alleys
- Within 50 feet of a railroad crossing
- Within 50 feet of a stop sign
- Within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and within 75 feet on the street opposite a fire station entrance

- On any bridge or elevated roadway or in any tunnel
- Next to another vehicle parked at the curb (double parking)
- In an area where parking is prohibited by municipal ordinance

Posted on: 2011/4/12 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
By fighting it, you certainly aren't wasting the meter maid's time. It's not like they have to show up in court.

I'm sure you'll be able to get it dismissed if you show them pictures that there are no signs posted.

That said, I would think that you're time would be worth more then $42 (or whatever it costs) rather then spending 3 hours or so in court. So it's usually not worth it.

Perhaps you should just get a permit for $15.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
there are no signs anywhere for parking within 25 or 50 feet of a stop sign; yet they've been giving that ticket out frequently around my block.

Just because there are no signs, don't assume you are off the hook. It's ridiculous, but that's the way it goes around here...

Posted on: 2011/4/12 17:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/25 16:25
Group:
Registered Users
The JCPA's reason for ticketing you was not because you parked there without a permit but rather because your car was causing traffic on the street to cross the double yellow line to get past you.

They ticketed last year and I know someone who got out of it because there were no signs posted. The guy who wrote the tickets last week seemed liked an ass so I would fight it just to waste his time!

Good luck!

Posted on: 2011/4/12 15:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/10 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Hah... sucks for you, i'd just suck it up and be glad that they didnt boot your car as well. I.'ve lived in the area for 4 years, and last year, my permit renewal got "lost" in the mail, so i forgot and was expired for a week. they booted my car and ticketed for no permit.

I'd say you got off really lucky. and if you just pay it, AND get the $15 permit, you'll actually be getting off better than trying to fight this (wasting time at the traffic court and getting the run around is not worth the time in the JC parking racket)

my .02

Posted on: 2011/4/12 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I would get a parking permit now if I were you.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 12:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
take picture evidence and mail in a request for a court date. you'll probably win and get the ticket tossed out, but chances are that the city will now go back and add a sign to that block.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 1:35

Parking ticket on Sussex/Greene St in Paulus Hook

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/24 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I've been parking on Sussex St between Greene and Hudson St for over a year w/o a parking permit b/c there are no signs that say you can't park there. A few months back- they started giving tickets on one side of the street only which was understandable b/c there was a sign ALL the way at the end of the street that said "no standing anytime". However, I realized the other week that they gave me a ticket for parking on the other side even though there are NO signs that say you cannot park there! How unbelievably frustrating since some new parking guy started and no tickets have been given out prior to a week ago!!! Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Posted on: 2011/4/12 1:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017