Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 53

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Enos Jones Park.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
So it's midnight and that idiot is announcing a softball game over the loudspeakers that are clearly audible all the way to Hamilton Park. What an asshole that John Sterling wannabe is. Time for someone to cut those wires.

Posted on: 2012/6/30 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
1 or 2 dogs at 6am being supervised by responsible dog owners should be no problem. Go for it.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
If you dont live near Enos Jones park, and don't use it, STFU please....your opinion is quite frankly... worthless.

For a long time the Enos Jones hockey field was open to dogs, but they put up a no dogs sign last year...i guess after dog owners didn't clean up. The baseball fields will likely also be a no for the same reason.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 3:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Considering the amount of dog poop complaints there have been on this site, do you really think its a good idea for people to run their dogs IN A BASEBALL FIELD! Sliding might take on a whole new meaning for the players.

Posted on: 2011/5/6 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
I don't want to turn the baseball field into a dog run, just wondering if it would be OK to use it when no one else is around early in the morning or even late at night.

You say that but actions speak louder than words and your actions will in fact turn it into a dog run. That's how it starts: one dog owner does it, then another dog owner sees it and copies it, then so on and so on and so on......

Posted on: 2011/5/5 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

downright wrote:
Usually the gates to the baseball fields are locked. The last couple mornings, they were not. Would letting my dog run around in there chasing a ball be acceptable? Say around 6 in the morning? The grass in the outfield is in pretty bad shape, my dog would not be doing any damage. I know lots of people walk their dogs around the park...I don't want to turn the baseball field into a dog run, just wondering if it would be OK to use it when no one else is around early in the morning or even late at night.

Your tax dollars paid for that field so in the great tradition of Jersey City "stay off the grass"! But seriously, why not? I have seen one of the Little League guys using the field as his own personal running track. He would show up in the wintertime, turn on ALL the lights and run around for an hour or so. He would then lock the gate, turn off the lights and leave. Imagine, burning all that electricity just because he happens to have a key and some annointed authority? Those guys also drive and park all over the area by the main building. Then there is the loudspeaker blaring all day long on weekends. The weird fantasy world these guys have set up for themselves is a classic example of abuse of city privileges. By all means use the field to run your dog.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Usually the gates to the baseball fields are locked. The last couple mornings, they were not. Would letting my dog run around in there chasing a ball be acceptable? Say around 6 in the morning? The grass in the outfield is in pretty bad shape, my dog would not be doing any damage. I know lots of people walk their dogs around the park...I don't want to turn the baseball field into a dog run, just wondering if it would be OK to use it when no one else is around early in the morning or even late at night.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 11:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Buy it... It's a great location. I use to live on 7th and Division and miss it. Yes, when the ball games are on it's noisy but it is summer and 7pm... You can also look out your window and see what the holland tunnel traffic looks like. I love and miss that neighborhood. Good Luck and have a great weekend.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 5:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Spectra's proposed natural gas pipeline for NYC, but going through downtown JC, passes right by Enos Park. Speak out at Aug 4th FERC mtg @ Ferris High School or mail letter objecting to pipeline immediately or it won't be considered in FERC's transcript! See this thread here at JCList:

Re: HUGE GAS LINE COMING? Companies look to run natural gas pipeline through Jersey City

Posted on: 2010/7/22 21:14
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure the The White Star gets the occasional outside loud drunk, but not so bad.

The park isn't too loud at night. The loudest is the summer announcer for the little league games, but that's mostly during the day.

Ask some of your potential future neighbors.

Posted on: 2010/7/22 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mrasg1 wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a place on Pavonia about a block away from the park. Damn...should I reconsider or is it not as noisy and
obnoxious as some have posted? And what about the White Star Bar on the corner? Does that get as loud and crazy as the beer garden down by the water? I know I know before someone berates me it's the city etc....but I don't want to buy a place if it's gonna be a headache noise wise because of this park.

Thanks!

GO SEE FOR YOURSELF!!

It's summer when the noise should be at it's worst. go spend a few hours hanging around on a weekday evening and a weekend evening. The White Star is small, I doubt it's as noisy as the Beer Garden or the thugs that patronize the Music Box.

Not only that, but a block puts you at Coles, 2 long blocks from both the park and bar. Personally I think you're over concerned, but GO THERE!

Posted on: 2010/7/22 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I'm thinking of buying a place on Pavonia about a block away from the park. Damn...should I reconsider or is it not as noisy and
obnoxious as some have posted? And what about the White Star Bar on the corner? Does that get as loud and crazy as the beer garden down by the water? I know I know before someone berates me it's the city etc....but I don't want to buy a place if it's gonna be a headache noise wise because of this park.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/7/22 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Let's get back to the REAL problem here, which is obviously the skateboarders commandeering of the hockey rink!

Posted on: 2010/5/4 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Dude. You're going to burst a blood vessel or something. Get back on your meds.

Don't need meds. I bring proof. Meanwhile all these other people invent wild fantasies about what dogs are doing. The real problem is people. Nuff said.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 5:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dude. You're going to burst a blood vessel or something. Get back on your meds.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 5:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
At least they were decent enough to contain it to their designated basketball run.

Please note the bottles tossed over the fence. That is just a small sample of the mess that rings the courts perimeter.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/5/4 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
At least they were decent enough to contain it to their designated basketball run.

Decent? That's a generous description.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/5/4 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
This is what the basketball players contributed to the park over the weekend. Can't wait to see what happens to the new Hamilton Park. Lazy scumbags.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/5/4 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone have information about the emergency at the end 9th at Enos Jones Park Today about 11 am. Many police, fire and ambulance vehicles were on scene. Police and an ambulance went North on the train tracks about 100 yards to where the overpass is. Fire personnel were bringing a body sled to the area, but were not in a hurry.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 6:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I've had skaters actually try to chase me out of the hockey rink because I was actually playing hockey on it. Funny part is, my dog likes to chase the puck around, so I skate with her without her leash in there. She hates the sound of skateboards, as a lot of dogs do, so she made a hell of a noise, and they left. They bitched and moaned for me to tie her up, but #OOPS# that. She and I were probably the only ones to use it and NOT litter that month.

Posted on: 2009/6/21 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PBW wrote:
Hey Blumpkin. I assume you're a boarder from your "none of it was stolen" comment above, so correct me if I'm wrong.

V's post was to show how little respect the boarders have for the free rink in which they practice. Maybe they should lock it up except for leagues, like the baseball fields. At least they're clean.
If you don't respect the park, I won't respect you.

Telling someone to pick up someone else's mess isn't much of a retort, even though it may be the JC way.

Also, you have no evidence that he didn't pick it up after he took the photo. At least when I assume, I ask before I attack.

Precisely. The rink discussion is about skaters/ bikers and their mess because they're unconcerned citizens.

It's not about whether litter becomes my job once I notice it.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Blumpkin. I assume you're a boarder from your "none of it was stolen" comment above, so correct me if I'm wrong.

V's post was to show how little respect the boarders have for the free rink in which they practice. Maybe they should lock it up except for leagues, like the baseball fields. At least they're clean.
If you don't respect the park, I won't respect you.

Telling someone to pick up someone else's mess isn't much of a retort, even though it may be the JC way.

Also, you have no evidence that he didn't pick it up after he took the photo. At least when I assume, I ask before I attack.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 12:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Blumpkin wrote:
pick it up mr concerned citizen, or are you too busy cleaning up other peoples dogshit you sicko..

Funny, that's exactly the response I've gotten a couple of times when I confronted people about littering.

They get this angry look on their face and sputter, "You pick it up!"

Its all about sticking it to other people.

Irresponsible lowlifes.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 11:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
pick it up mr concerned citizen, or are you too busy cleaning up other peoples dogshit you sicko..

Posted on: 2009/6/20 11:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Blumpkin wrote:
None of it was stolen. This may come as a shock to you, but some people enjoy building things for their hobbies with scraps. It doesn't take much effort you loser dog walking snob.. If you had a decent set of eyes you may have noticed that some of the boxes have Converse logos on them. Yes, the same company of shoes you wore back in the 60s while sitting on the bench is now helping out some areas with equipment.. Get used to it you salty old bum.

* PS. Stop bumping 18day old threads when no one wants to hear it..

Yes, the dogs did this to the skate-rink.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/6/19 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Blumpkin wrote:
None of it was stolen. This may come as a shock to you, but some people enjoy building things for their hobbies with scraps. It doesn't take much effort you loser dog walking snob.. If you had a decent set of eyes you may have noticed that some of the boxes have Converse logos on them. Yes, the same company of shoes you wore back in the 60s while sitting on the bench is now helping out some areas with equipment.. Get used to it you salty old bum.

The Giant orange road barrier was built by you guys? And all those orange cones? Nice try. And tell your "boarding" friends to grow up and pick up their litter. Build all the ramps you want but take some responsibility for your "area".

Posted on: 2009/6/16 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Blumpkin wrote:

"equipment" That's funny.

Doesn't matter to me whether they were scrapped or donated. And I think it's cool that the boarders have a place to practice that isn't in front of the Post Office. I just wish they would be a bit cleaner in picking up after themselves.

And some of us that live close are interested in the park. V is not posting just to bump, in my eyes.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Blumpkin wrote:

4:51am is a bit early to be flying over the handlebars.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 10:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/16 8:51

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017