Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The Cliffs - great new rental complex

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/21 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I drove up that serpentine road not more than 3 weeks ago....it's still there and still open.
I watched this place develop day by day over the last two years....they stripped the whole building and left nothing but the facade and built back around it....maybe just enough to be able to call it "historic lofts".....
Seriously, I lived on Palisade right by Fiske park for about three years, and I'd say the crime is getting worse....hence I left. My car was vandalized / broken into at least 3 times while parked on Ogden. There was a murder in front of my house. There are seed bags littering the street moreso than I've ever seen them.
Now at the bottom of the hill, on the other side of the light rail you're looking straight at the projects too. It's also on the tracks and next to a sheet metal recycling center or something like that.
If you need quick access to Hoboken, it's damn convenient, and I'm sure the place is just dandy on the inside. Just know what you're getting into if you're gonna spend a half mil. That's my perspective from a 3 year resident.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ergophobia4all wrote:

As far as the prices quoted above they are not accurate. They do have some incredable 2 bedrooms with midtown & financial district views that rent in the $4,000 range, but the one we were looking at was ~$2,400.

Sorry, I was just going by what I saw on Craigslist.

For $2,400, the apartment sounds as if it could be a good deal, especially for someone who works in Hoboken, Newport or Exchange Place and would be able to walk or light rail to work every day. Do you know if any kind of rent control rules would apply to a building that size?

Also: I'm not street smart or intimidating looking, at all, and I've walked around that area at all hours without ever having had a problem. It may not be a crime-free, but I don't think it's any worse than Newark Avenue in Jersey City.

The land might be toxic, but so is all of the land along Warren Street in Paulus Hook and a lot of the land along Grand.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/22 9:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
I don't think cars are able to use Franklin any longer, but I believe it is still passable by bike/on foot.

It (mountain rd - the road that connects paterson plank to franklin) was closed for a while but has been reopened.

Anyone who wants a good workout...it's a nice challenging bike loop going down paterson plank then sprinting up mountain rd.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Might want to edit your post and delete that last paragraph, you made sense until then.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 12:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/3 22:15
From JC - P-Hook
Group:
Registered Users
LOL....Debbie Downer...you hit the nail on the nead there.

As far as me being a shill...I dont even know what that is. You can go a head and check out all of my other posts, which are equally unbais. I own a family business in jersey that has nothing to do with real estate.

Either ways for those of you who read this, because you are interested in the cliffs I stand by my word and recommend that you contact Jeremy. Not for any other reason then he was super helpful & unlike your typical sleeze ball real estate agent. I have come across my fair share of complete scams and scumbags in fact check out my 1st post on here ever regarding the property I looked at over a year ago on Mercer st.

Jeremy can be contacted @ 201-656-3076.

As far as the prices quoted above they are not accurate. They do have some incredable 2 bedrooms with midtown & financial district views that rent in the $4,000 range, but the one we were looking at was ~$2,400.

Best of luck to all of you looking @ rental / real estate!!!

Those of you that are here on the board just to create drama, because you have nothing better to do with your sad pathetic lives....keep up the good work!!!

Posted on: 2008/3/20 11:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
you might need to consider square footage

Yes, most assuredly hero69. You'd think anyone looking to purchase anything whether a condo, house, land etc would understand that before amenities, usage and so-called "rooms" (i.e., anyone who's lived in Manhattan knows how many so-called 1 or 2 bdrooms are in actuality nothing more than glorified studios)one needs to compare sq/footage costs of location to other sq/footage costs to location. The proverbial "apples to apples" comp.

The Cliffs unit link posted as a 1 bdroom has sizeable sq footage but at the price listed is selling for $462/sq ft., something that seems pricey for that location.

Oh, and parking is extra even at that price.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 5:53
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
you might need to consider square footage

Posted on: 2008/3/20 5:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
I don't think there's anything so terrible about a rental agent letting us know an apartment complex is available, but I think the challenge for someone marketing the Cliffs complex is that the rents seem to be very high.

On Craigslist, it looks as if studios start at $1,950 per month, and the two-bedroom plus dens are about $4,000. Even in Hoboken proper, it seems as if Craigslist has many, many listings for two-bedrooms for under $3,000.

At Grove Pointe, which, to me, looks extremely nice, and extremely convenient to both the PATH station and the light rail, rents range from $1,700 to a maximum of about $3,500.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 5:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Get a gun, if all the law biding neighbors were armed these dimwits wouldnt act so brazen

Posted on: 2008/3/20 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I'm no cheerleader for development, and I think it would be a nasty spot to live, but judging this site by the Heights neighborhoods above is kinda ridiculous. By road it's as far from them as Downtown is from Journal Sq. What makes the nature of a neighborhood is who's hanging out or passing by. I used to drive Patterson Plank twice a day, and most of the passersby are Hoboken yuppies out for a grueling run up the hill. It's easier for the unsavory types to get to the skyrocketing Hoboken areas near the 9th St elevator than to this site. Criminals are LAZY!! Why would they want their "getaway" to be a hike up a steep hill?

Google Maps search Franklin Street and Paterson Plank Road, Jersey City, NJ.

I don't think cars are able to use Franklin any longer, but I believe it is still passable by bike/on foot. Jerseymom knows what she's talking about.

Journal Square is a mile away from the western edge of downtown on foot or by car. Just because the car route from The Cliffs up to Congress Street is half a mile, doesn't mean that one can't get to/from The Cliffs from Ogden Ave in a block, albeit a steep one.

And who says the "getaway" needs to be uphill? Plenty of sketchy areas in the west side of Hoboken, including no shortage of housing projects.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I'm no cheerleader for development, and I think it would be a nasty spot to live, but judging this site by the Heights neighborhoods above is kinda ridiculous. By road it's as far from them as Downtown is from Journal Sq. What makes the nature of a neighborhood is who's hanging out or passing by. I used to drive Patterson Plank twice a day, and most of the passersby are Hoboken yuppies out for a grueling run up the hill. It's easier for the unsavory types to get to the skyrocketing Hoboken areas near the 9th St elevator than to this site. Criminals are LAZY!! Why would they want their "getaway" to be a hike up a steep hill?

Posted on: 2008/3/20 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, makes sense for foreigners looking for a second home in New York City.

I mean, would you know the difference between London and the Jersey City of London? or Rome or Paris or Moscow?

Posted on: 2008/3/20 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:
07310 wrote: This place is no bargain, poor location and high prices, one br starts at $516,000 http://www.travel-library.com/vacatio ... s_loft_at_the_cliffs.html
>>Luxurious Loft At The Cliffs Vacation Home Jersey City<< Vacation Home Jersey City! I did not think I'd live to see this phrase. Yet there it is, at the Cliffs, in living color. Or, is it landlord's desperation to rent?

Posted on: 2008/3/20 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I think this building looks really great. However, it started as a condo project. When the units wouldn't sell, the whole complex was sold as a rental building. This was before the credit collapse too.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
This place is no bargain, poor location and high prices, one br starts at $516,000

http://www.travel-library.com/vacatio ... s_loft_at_the_cliffs.html

Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I absolutely adore some folks on this list - a user posts accurate information and advice and is labeled a "Debby Downer."

Here's the news - yes, actual JJ news reports from the area (Ogden Avenue/Franklin Avenue) directly in back of this complex. And this is only the stuff that made it to the newspapers and JC List:

1. Teen punches man, takes cell phone
Jersey Journal - Monday, March 10, 2008

A Jersey City man was punched in the face during a cell phone robbery Friday night, police reports said.

A 29-year-old man told police that he was walking home from a tavern at Palisade Avenue and Ferry Street and was headed to his home on Ogden Avenue at 11:51 p.m., when five juveniles surrounded him near Franklin Street, reports said.

One of them, who was wearing a red-hooded sweat shirt said, "Give me what you got," before hitting him in the face. The group then fled with his $225 cell phone, reports said.

Anyone with information should contact the confidential tip line at 201-547-JAIL.

CHARLES HACK

-----------------------------------------------------
2. Jersey City Heights man mugged by 3 on Ogden Ave. near Congress just after 2 a.m.

Jersey Journal - Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Jersey City Heights man was beaten during a robbery early Sunday morning, police reports said.

Police were called to Ogden Avenue just after 2 a.m. on the report that a 27-year-old man was mugged near his home near Congress Street, reports said.

The victim said he was walking on the street when a man jumped out of a car and attacked him.

---------------------------------------------

3. Attacked, purse stolen

Jersey Journal -- Saturday, September 22, 2007

A robber put a choke hold on a Jersey City woman as she entered her Heights home and made off with her purse late Thursday, officials said.

The woman told police that just before 11 p.m., she entered the lobby of her building on Ogden Avenue near Cuneo Place, and the man grabbed her from behind and put his arm around her throat, reports said.

He took her purse, which had about $400 in it, and laid her down on the floor before running away south on Ogden and west on Ferry Street, where he hopped a fence into a backyard, reports said.

Detective John Carroll later found a ski mask and black shirt in the yard, reports said.

--------------------------------------------
4. Nab 6 teens after robbery in Hoboken, chase in Heights

Friday, November 23, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Five Hoboken teens and one from Weehawken were busted on robbery charges after chasing three men from the Ninth Street Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Station and stealing a hat and coat from one, officials said.

At about 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday Jersey City police arrested a 16-year-old 11th Street boy and 17-year-old Jackson Street boy; Julius Latimer, 18, of Harrison Avenue, Stephen Rhome, 18, of Marshall Drive, and Deeon Walker, 20, of Eighth Street, reports said. Also arrested was Matthew Dembroe, 18, of Chestnut Street in Weehawken, reports said.

All were charged with robbery and Walker was additionally charged with resisting arrest, reports said.

Cops at Ogden Avenue and Bowers Street in Jersey City saw Walker running up the block wearing a ski mask with one of the three men chasing him, cops said. The victim told the cops he had been robbed. The cops chased Walker and arrested him, reports said, adding that the Sherman Place victim gave detailed descriptions of the other five robbers and their car.

The officers drove around with the victim, spotted the car at Griffith and Ogden, and ordered the five to get out and arrested them, reports said.

---------------------------------------

5. I've been noticing an increased amount of new graffiti in the heights around ogden avenue lately that says the following:

Crips
Crip Hill
Crip Tower

Anything we can do about this? I don't feel that I want to let it continue without have the police do something.

Is this a lost cause?

Posted on: 2006/8/19 17:28 ? JC LIST

Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/28 23:23
Group:
Registered Users
Were I looking there, my main concern would be flooding. That area is quite prone to flooding (with resulting traffic problems during rainstorms).

Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Now that I finally realized where the Cliffs is located - it IS a traffic nightmare.

Every time I am tempted to take this road down to Hoboken to buy my groceries - it is jammed.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
I really don't mean to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but you may want to consider a few things before you pack so quickly:

1. Ask about the remediation plan for the site. What toxic substances used to be on that building site, and how did the developer clear them out?

2. Hang out and do a personal impact study on the industrial site across the street from you. Is there dust, noise, truck traffic going to impact your quality of life? I believe it is a recycling plant of some sort - used to be when I lived nearby, but maybe that has changed.

3. Despite the incredible renderings on their site, http://www.theclifflofts.com/, that building is extremely close to the very busy roadway that is next to the light rail. (Noise, car fumes, patient JC/Hoboken drivers who use their horns ever so sparingly - and I jest) etc.

4. What security offerings do they have? The serpentine road in back of your site (that looks like it may not be there anymore?) that connected Hoboken to JC Heights has been the site of at least one murder and a few stabbings. There is gang activity in that area, too - it's just two blocks from the lovely Franklin Avenue section of the Heights.

I wish you luck - and good luck to the developer, too. It was nice to see that old brick facade finally brought back to life. I hope they can make it work.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
It's gonna be a traffic nightmare ... that road and lightrail intersection is already jammed up during work hours. Why the hell did they (powers-that-be) allow this project so freaking close to an already overly narrow road that's a major link between the Heights and Hoboken/JC?

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey mom your kidding right? Thats ogden behind the cliffs. Ogden is as good as almost any block in jc or hoboken for that matter.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
The serpentine road in back of your site (that looks like it may not be there anymore?) that connected Hoboken to JC Heights has been the site of at least one murder and a few stabbings. There is gang activity in that area, too - it's just two blocks from the lovely Franklin Avenue section of the Heights.

...I hope they can make it work.

Love your style, jerseymom...

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I really don't mean to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but you may want to consider a few things before you pack so quickly:

1. Ask about the remediation plan for the site. What toxic substances used to be on that building site, and how did the developer clear them out?

2. Hang out and do a personal impact study on the industrial site across the street from you. Is there dust, noise, truck traffic going to impact your quality of life? I believe it is a recycling plant of some sort - used to be when I lived nearby, but maybe that has changed.

3. Despite the incredible renderings on their site, http://www.theclifflofts.com/, that building is extremely close to the very busy roadway that is next to the light rail. (Noise, car fumes, patient JC/Hoboken drivers who use their horns ever so sparingly - and I jest) etc.

4. What security offerings do they have? The serpentine road in back of your site (that looks like it may not be there anymore?) that connected Hoboken to JC Heights has been the site of at least one murder and a few stabbings. There is gang activity in that area, too - it's just two blocks from the lovely Franklin Avenue section of the Heights.

I wish you luck - and good luck to the developer, too. It was nice to see that old brick facade finally brought back to life. I hope they can make it work.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/19 10:30
Group:
Registered Users
is there a website for this complex? where is it located?

Posted on: 2008/3/19 21:54

The Cliffs - great new rental complex

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/3 22:15
From JC - P-Hook
Group:
Registered Users
This place is coming together & looks great. We went to check it out this past weekend. Met with Jeremy, who was extremely knowledgable on the project & extremely friendly.

We are considering breaking our lease just to move in one of the very spacious units. They all have top of the line stainless appliances, hardwood floor, over sized windows, tall ceilings, great closet space & exposed brick.

Parking is available, there will be a gym, & courtyard.

If you are considering relocation I HIGHLY recommend The Cliffs. Make sure to see Jeremy as he seems to have unlimited access to all units an floor plans & is extremely accomadating.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 21:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017