Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

Re: Dog Shit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
I am telling you now, if I see you making your dog shit in front of my house and you don't pick it up I am dumping a pot of water on your head.

This morning it looked like the world's biggest dog shit was taken in front of my house.

Just because it is cold does mean not curbing your dog has been suspended.

Be careful when you approach this ignorant idiot he or she may be harmful. Also you just announced that you will do harm as well which can place you in a criminal situation.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:25
Get on your bikes and ride !

Dog Shit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
I am telling you now, if I see you making your dog shit in front of my house and you don't pick it up I am dumping a pot of water on your head.

This morning it looked like the world's biggest dog shit was taken in front of my house.

Just because it is cold does mean not curbing your dog has been suspended.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:08
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Take a photo discretely (dog and dog owner) and do a letter box drop of the photo, to all the neighbors and person responsible - worked 100% in our neighborhood

Put this on the grass areas

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to- ... omemade-dog-repellent.htm

Posted on: 2014/2/24 4:42
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/29 19:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
So, there is my neighbor. Dog off the lead. Baby in one arm, coffee in another.

And I wonder..does he pick?
I'm getting bonkers already. Strip from Regent street to Morris canal is a poopzone central.

Posted on: 2014/2/24 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I think Vigilante is right and has said this before, if you think about the logistics, it only takes one or two scumbags not scooping to mess up a whole neighborhood.

Two craps a day from a big dog, and how long do they take to wash away if no good Samaritan cleans them up? Weeks?

So within a month or so a single offender could mess up many blocks.

Robin.

Posted on: 2014/2/23 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
There is a major violator who has laid waste to the NE corner of Pavonia and Monmouth. Definitely looks like a repeat offender. One person ruining it for everybody.

Posted on: 2014/2/23 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
maybe jc should take a hint from naples and start doing dna tests to crack down

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/ ... k-nuisance.html?referrer=

Posted on: 2014/2/23 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
it is jaw-dropping just how much poop has been revealed with the snow melt. like stinky nuggets of pre-ice-age history.

come ON, people. you're making every dog-owner look bad.

Posted on: 2014/2/23 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
We can all thank the subset of dog owners who don't feel the need to clean up after their animals for the above ground sewer situation we have as this snow melts.

Why the city doesn't have beat cops writing hefty tickets for delinquent dog owners is beyond me.

Posted on: 2014/2/23 13:57

Re: Doggy do-do's
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/2/23 12:39

Doggy do-do's
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/29 19:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Dear people,

please pick up your doggy do-do's.
If you forgot the bag, poo will stile waiting for you.
We have a massive dog and if we did not collect his poo -JC would be swimming in his loads.

Be considerate. If you do not wish it on your carpet - follow the same logic outside.

Also, put your dogs on the lead. Even if they just "want to come and say hello", it may be a bit tricky for us whose dogs are not as social (unfortunately).

Simple.

Best,

youniqpilates.com

Posted on: 2014/2/22 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, this is not going to achieve the same thing as posting pictures of double-parked cars with license plates. I mean, come on.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 13:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/20 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
No. It's really not a fetish site but you can do with it what you will. I'm just trying to keep my sense of humor.
You are more than welcome to put up pictures of offenders. Other people can put up pictures & locations. There's a map. Maybe we can create some collective shame on the part of the city, maybe not. Personally I think the only way to get it to change is for some ticketing to start, whether it's offenders (hard to catch) or the condo associations, businesses & homeowners who let the poop sit on their sidewalks for days on end. There is a condo building in particular that lets trash and poop collect for weeks, and they're right at a bus stop. I'm planning on sending them all the pictures from their address. Either they start cleaning up or I'll lodge a complaint. It may not be their tenants leaving the poop, but it's still their responsibility to deal with it.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 5:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

alee2 wrote:
I actually started a flickr group just for this reason.
Group is here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/jcpoop/pool/
To add pictures, you can join group and upload. Otherwise email to also05work@photos.flickr.com.
I've been including date and intersection on the photos. If you email the pics, you can just include info in the subject line and it will attach to the picture.

All your doing is posting photos of poop! We want to catch the offending parties.

right? it's more like a fetish site.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 4:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

alee2 wrote:
To add pictures, you can join group and upload. Otherwise email to also05work@photos.flickr.com.
I've been including date and intersection on the photos. If you email the pics, you can just include info in the subject line and it will attach to the picture.

All your doing is posting photos of poop! We want to catch the offending parties.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 3:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/20 1:06
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/6 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Not to beat this topic to death, but there is also the issue of apathy by authorities and their minions. The grassy areas in the LSP Park and Ride lot are littered with poop, as well as the grassy areas around the ticket machines. I have approached the security guards that patrol the lot asking who can I contact to request some enforcement and my inquiries were met with blank stares. They don't know, and they don't care. Ignorance and apathy. No one cares and no one is willing to do anything about it. Maybe now that we have an election upon us, we might get some basic enforcement, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

Wow blank stares. That seems to be the way certain people respond lately if they do not have an answer or want to be kept anonymous. There is that no snitch rule plus they have a job to protect and it might not be within their duties. Remember they are security guards not information agents.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 18:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/21 19:34
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We should start some kind of system where people take photos of offenders and their dogs (surveillance systems or from upstairs windows) and put them on a tumblr or some kind of online most wanted list.

Shame them into picking up their dog poop. The Heights (especially the North-South thoroughfares) is a disaster area.

Every time I walk out of my house in the morning there are four to five fresh piles.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
How long does the ammonia keep it's smell, and how long is the effect?

Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Packag ... 8-2&keywords=pure+ammonia

I use this on the sidewalk trees after I saw various dog droppings. After pouring some of this biweekly, I don't even see dogs walk their dogs on the sidewalk anymore.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
Are there any JC police officers on this forum? Can you please bring this to the attention of the brass? This city does suffer from a general lack of civility. Our streets are dirty with litter, gum and dog poop. The police needs to start cracking down on these quality of life issues. They should also send an officer friendly into the school system to talk about community pride and tell kids that they will get a ticket for throwing their trash in the street.

btw - I have also seen an idividual with a big police badge in his (private car) window, regularly dump his beverage can and trash on the street next to his parked car (which is also illegally parked - go figure - he never gets a ticket). Drives me nuts.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Not to beat this topic to death, but there is also the issue of apathy by authorities and their minions. The grassy areas in the LSP Park and Ride lot are littered with poop, as well as the grassy areas around the ticket machines. I have approached the security guards that patrol the lot asking who can I contact to request some enforcement and my inquiries were met with blank stares. They don't know, and they don't care. Ignorance and apathy. No one cares and no one is willing to do anything about it. Maybe now that we have an election upon us, we might get some basic enforcement, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
On Central Ave between Hopkins & St Pauls Ave, along the #6 school parking lot there are a bucnch of large piles of dog shit, I'm hoping to see the owners of the dogs who don't pick up the shit, perhaps stick their face in it. It is disgusting!!

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
BTW, this just in from the Dallas metro area:
Dog feces spat leads to shooting and double homicide

I am not saying this is a common occurrence, but this is exactly what I think about as a worst case scenario when I think of a contentious relationship with a troublesome neighbor. The way people behave around here, I can see something like this happening.

But this is inverted action, it was the victim who shot the evil doo dooers.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I've noticed an uptick in the DTJC area. The city/police absolutely needs to figure out a solution. It's a negative externality for anyone living here.

I agree that the potential for bad outcomes is high if you call someone out for not picking up after their dogs.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
BTW, this just in from the Dallas metro area:
Dog feces spat leads to shooting and double homicide

I am not saying this is a common occurrence, but this is exactly what I think about as a worst case scenario when I think of a contentious relationship with a troublesome neighbor. The way people behave around here, I can see something like this happening.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quite honestly, this is a serious issue all over JC. The government's complacency by not even attempting to enforce the law on this regard is sending the message that it is OK to not pick up after your dog(s). I live in BeLa (or, whatever people want to call it nowadays) and some streets are littered from one end of the block to the next in dog feces in whatever little strip of grass is there. While some people here have indicated their willingness to call out random strangers for their failure to curb their dogs, I find the practice impractical and borderline dangerous. Not to come across as a sissy, but mouthing off at random people can be a risky proposition: you don't know if they are packing, if they are high, or willing to "make a statement" on their (bizarre) beliefs of (misplaced) rights or entitlements. In the end, this is a matter of civility and neighborhood pride. Sadly, we seem to be perpetually running low on both of those categories ALL OVER THIS CITY. And, you are not likely to teach them either by calling them out.

In the end, the proof is in the pudding: look around at all the trash being tossed on the streets by our very own neighbors and it is no wonder that dog feces are not picked up.

The other day, a neighbor of mine suggested creating a "volunteer clean up brigade" to take to the streets around the neighborhood to pick up trash, etc. I thought about it for a while and concluded that it would be an exercise in futility. I truly think that the streets (and, neighborhood) would be trashed again within days. In my immediate area of the neighborhood, I have personally witnessed: people dump trash (wrappers, cups, napkins, etc) from their cars onto the streets; a cop toss an empty coffee cup towards a sewer grate; someone dump a bunch of pennies from their car onto a sidewalk; people relieving themselves (in broad daylight) by peeing on walls; and, of course, your stereotypical ghetto hoodlum with a pit-mix dog walk to an empty, fenced in lot and let his dog run loose in there, relieve itself and then walk home with nary an effort to pick up after the dog.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 12:09

Re: Dog Crap on Pavonia Avenue
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/19 0:13
Group:
Registered Users
its severe in the heights, the jcpd should spend more time forcing people to pick up . The city will make more with tickets and the streets will be happier place for all who call JC home.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
It's a poopie mine field all over the city. And God forbid you should offer an offender a bag (pretending they ran out or forgot), you are told to "F-off".

Posted on: 2013/2/3 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
When the last snow melted it revealed dog poop all around the perimeter of Hamilton Park. My dog nearly stepped in it several times while sniffing around. It is NOT pleasant when your dog steps in dog poop. No shoes to take off before they go inside, you know?
Once again-- just because it snows does not mean you are excused from picking up after your dog.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Probably the same people who put their household trash in the public trashcans on the corner. The sorts who have no respect for the commons and have a disproportionately negative impact on the quality of life around here.

Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
In the recent months someone has been failing to pick up after their dog on Pavonia Avenue between Coles and Monmouth on a daily basis. I'm looking to get some sort of wireless surveillance camera hoping to catch them. It's not only gross, but it's obnoxious.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 22:32

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017