Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- "It could be gang-related."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man acquitted of murdering teen 4 years ago

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on June 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM, updated June 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

A Jersey City man accused of murdering a teen by throwing him into the Hudson River was acquitted this afternoon of all counts.

Albert Robinson, 26, was found not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter, and reckless manslaughter. Jermaine Williams died on June 5, 2010, after a large-scale fight on the Hudson River walkway in Downtown Jersey City.

Robinson's cousin, Joshua Robinson, is serving a 10-year sentence for homicide "passion/provocation" in Williams' death. He is serving that sentence consecutive to a 188-month federal prison term for a narcotics offense, officials said.

Albert Robinson was accused of throwing Williams into the river after the 17-year-old had been shot by his cousin.

Supporters of Albert Robinson inside the courtroom stood and cheered loudly at the verdict as Robinson clapped his hands at the defense table and began sobbing into his hands.

"This has been very traumatic, but I finally feel free," said Albert Robinson's godmother.

Albert Robinson's sister, Querida Lucas, said "Now he can be free and go home to his children." Lucas said Robinson has three daughters and a son, ranging in ages from 3 to 7 years old.

But Robinson won't be going home. After the verdict was read, he was handcuffed and led away to continue serving a 5-year sentence for possession of a handgun by a felon in an unrelated matter.

The 26-year-old, who smiled as he left the courtroom, is scheduled be released next June.

When Robinson was arrested in June 2010, his bail was posted, in part, by Kenny Britt, the former Bayonne High football star who was about to enter his second season in the NFL.

At the time Britt released a statement through the Tennessee Titans, saying he and "Albee" Robinson were childhood friends and that he was in no way condoning any of the felon's past actions.

"There are a number of people that I grew up with who had problems," Britt said in the statement. "Myself and others were fortunate enough to find our way. We want to try to help some of the others who have had problems and show them a way to success. I am hoping Albee can be one of those guys."

Marcelle Washington, Jermaine Williams' aunt, was shocked at the news of Robinson's acquittal.

"You gotta be kidding me," Washington said. "I'm very upset. My mother (Williams' grandmother) is flipping in her grave."

She said that Williams isn't the first relative she lost to gun violence. Justin "Ice" McNeil, who was shot dead in February 2009 at the age of 21, was another one of her nephews.

Posted on: 2014/6/21 22:06

Re: Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- "It could be gang-related."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
3rd man charged with pumping bullets into Park Street man on June 13; paralyzed man's family says attack tied to June 5 waterfront killing

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City man has been charged with critically wounding a man who is paralyzed after being shot multiple times on a Greenville street on June 13, officials said.

The victim's family says the attack was connected to a fatal Downtown shooting.

Deqwan Clark, 23, of Wegman Court, made his first appearance on the charge of aggravated assault and weapons offenses Monday in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny, officials said.

Clark is one of three men charged in connection with the 11:09 p.m. attack on Nyron Rogers, 23, of Arlington Avenue, who was shot in the neck, torso, collar bone and leg on Park Street, officials said yesterday.

The victim's family told The Jersey Journal yesterday that they are sure the shooting was retaliation for the June 5 murder of Jermaine Williams, 17, who drowned after being shot on the Downtown waterfront walkway and then thrown into the Hudson River.

Cousins Joshua Robinson, 30, and Albert Robinson, 22, both of Park Street, are charged with Williams' murder.

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio says that, based on witness interviews, detectives believe Joshua Robinson shot Williams in the abdomen and Albert Robinson then picked up the wounded man and threw him into the water.

The Robinsons and the Park Street victim are cousins, a family member said.

A Park Street resident told police that on June 13 he heard 10 gunshots and ran outside to find the victim on the ground bleeding, police reports said.

When police arrived they found the victim had been placed in an SUV by a good Samaritan who was going to take him to a hospital, reports said.

A family member of the Park Street victim said three bullets struck his spine, that he cannot move, and is breathing with the help of machines. She said he can't speak because of damage to his throat caused by one of six bullets that struck him.

Bernard Sims, 41, and Bernard Holton, 21, both of Jersey City, are charged with weapons offenses in connection with the Park Street shooting, DeFazio said, noting they are father and son.

A gun Sims had on him at the time of his arrest may have been the weapon used to shoot the Park Street man, DeFazio said.

Also arrested in the waterfront shooting was Malik Holmes, 20, who is charged with attempted murder and weapons offenses for allegedly trying to shoot Joshua Robinson, officials said.

Niles Holmes, 24, of Jewett Avenue, is charged with aggravated assault for allegedly kicking Williams, officials said. The Holmes men are not related.

Niles Holmes is a cousin of the Park Street victim and the Robinsons.

"We have not discounted that the shootings are related," DeFazio said. "Apparently there was some argument not related to the waterfront shooting that preceded the Park Street shooting, but it is an interesting confluence of facts and individuals."

Posted on: 2010/6/23 11:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Jersey City man is second man charged in June 5 waterfront killing in which victim was shot and then thrown into water

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City felon whose previous bail of $165,000 was guaranteed in part by Tennessee Titans football player Kenny Britt has been charged with murdering a city man who was shot on the Downtown waterfront before being thrown into the river, where he drowned, officials said.

Albert Robinson, 22, of Park Street, was arrested late Friday and is the second man charged in the June 5 murder of Jermaine Williams, 17, who was shot in the abdomen during a gang-related confrontation between 70 and 90 Hudson St., Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said yesterday.

"After (Williams) was down on the ground, seriously wounded, we allege that Albert Robinson went over to him, picked him up and threw him into the Hudson River," said DeFazio, adding that Robinson is believed to be a gang member.

"We believe there was a prior dispute leading to the murder, but there could be a gang component."

In January, Britt was one of several people who appeared in open court to guarantee a bail bond for Robinson, DeFazio said.

Robinson had been charged with hindering prosecution and possession of a firearm in connection with a December murder, officials said.

Robinson was free on that bail at the time of Williams' murder, officials said.

Britt and Robinson grew up together in Bayonne, Barbara Ann Daniels, Britt's Newark-based attorney, said last night, but she insisted that Britt did not "post bail" for Robinson.

But asked if Britt was one of a number of people who guaranteed the bail bond, Daniels, a civil attorney, said she wasn't familiar with that procedure.

"I don't know what that means," Daniels said. "I have no knowledge of what he's (DeFazio is) referring to."

====================================

Football star Kenny Britt is a childhood friend of Jersey City murder suspect and has helped him in past
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
When Tennessee Titans football player Kenny Britt acted as one of the guarantors of a bail bond for Albert Robinson in January he released a statement through the team saying he and "Albee" were childhood friends and that he, Britt, was not condoning the felon's past actions.

"There are a number of people that I grew up with who had problems," Britt said. "Myself and others were fortunate enough to find our way.

"We want to try to help some of the others who have had problems and show them a way to success. I am hoping Albee can be one of those guys."

At that time, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio was quoted in the press saying that people are judged by the company they keep.

"It's clear that there is a long-standing relationship between the defendant and Mr. Britt," DeFazio said. "But these charges against the defendant are very serious, one being a homicide-related incident. You can easily see what the guy is all about."

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2010/6/22 16:47

Re: Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- "It could be gang-relate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Actually Binky, FlagWaver use of "roughshod" is pretty darn accurate.....

Roughshod - (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering; "a barbarous crime"; "brutal beatings"; "cruel tortures"; "Stalin's roughshod treatment of the kulaks"; "a savage slap"; "vicious kicks"Quote:

FlagWaver wrote:
... all the riff-raff... board the train free and run rough shod all around the city

Binky wrote:
I think they mostly wear athletic shoes and the like nowadays.[/quote]

Posted on: 2010/6/12 11:28

Re: Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- "It could be gang-relate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FlagWaver wrote:
... all the riff-raff... board the train free and run rough shod all around the city

I think they mostly wear athletic shoes and the like nowadays.

Posted on: 2010/6/12 2:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 18:51
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Jcnick. the probem, as I have written before, is that the police resources are disproportionately put to Greenville and other sections. The tax paying base down in VV and PH are getting F##*'ed, as they pay most of the taxes and get little police presence.
Flagwaver, I think turnstills are very risky, as Al Queda will put a dirty bomb down there, and none of us will be able to get out fast enough. Google blind Sheik.
Just ask me, I care about JC, until my house sells...

I'm so glad you said you care about this place until your house sells. That's not inhumane at all. That said, what is with Greenville today?! I feel like it's at the forefront of people's minds. They need that police and if they don't have it, the crime spreads. That's a fact proven by research. The value of your home is directly correlated to the crime in adjacent areas with very very few exceptions. Here's a good example: Crime goes up in Greenville, the light rail flows directly from Greenville to DTJC, and that crime spreads. Why? Everyone in a city explores their downtown. The better greenville does, the better downtown does.

Posted on: 2010/6/12 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
Jcnick. the probem, as I have written before, is that the police resources are disproportionately put to Greenville and other sections. The tax paying base down in VV and PH are getting F##*'ed, as they pay most of the taxes and get little police presence.
Flagwaver, I think turnstills are very risky, as Al Queda will put a dirty bomb down there, and none of us will be able to get out fast enough. Google blind Sheik.
Just ask me, I care about JC, until my house sells...

Posted on: 2010/6/12 0:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/10 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
I think that a good start would be to force NJ Transit to stop with the light rail honor system and put in turnstiles or some other manner of ticketing. They only enforce fare evasion during normal work hours which allows all the riff-raff to board the train free and run rough shod all around the city

Posted on: 2010/6/10 11:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/15 17:47
Group:
Registered Users
I agree we should as an entire community always strive to make our environment a better place to live, but that is normal thinking from normal citizens... the problem in this city is that not all but a high degree of persons in other areas of the city do not care what becomes of their enviornment.. the fact is that Jersey City is a diverse place to live but diversity does not = seclusion. As economic times continue to strain, the violence in this city will continue to rise and infiltrate to the more affluent communities in the city. So lets commend the city for freezing police officer hirings and having less cops on the street compared to past years . With a decrease in teachers , police officers, and firemen, the community will only continue to suffer.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnick77 wrote:
It is funny to me that all the transplants in the downtown area of Jersey City are all suddenly scared that the 'thugs' from other areas are infiltrating into the area... news flash : that precise downtown area for years was the bowels of the city... you couldn't pay someone to live in that Paulus Hook area it was always a desolated, gang- ridden war zone. Older family friends have expressed to me that in the past this area was a meeting ground for disorderly groups to drink, party, and handle their differences. In the past, it was group rumbles with maybe some weapons, today it is guns and killings... The natives of Jersey City know that all the downtown area is, is make-up put on the surface of the city. What some of you should do, is instead of hopping on the Path to NYC on a hot summer night, you should jump on the light rail and head south and west,. By doing this, you will be able to see how beautiful Jersey City is. Make sure you get off at the Virginia / MLK stop and enjoy the sights. Most of you wouldn't get off the train..Maybe after your nice little tour of the city on a summer night, you will appreciate the J.C.P.D. and all their efforts.. You all dont realize how safe you really are ...

That is what it used to be. Let us not go backwards. Let us maintain the improvements that have been made AND lift up the rest of the city. As for the JCPD folks could pick on them all day and God knows they are not perfect. But it sure is reassuring to know that there is someone to call and clearly they have a difficult job. There are times they very much deserve appreciation.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 18:33
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnick77 wrote:
It is funny to me that all the transplants in the downtown area of Jersey City are all suddenly scared that the 'thugs' from other areas are infiltrating into the area... news flash : that precise downtown area for years was the bowels of the city... you couldn't pay someone to live in that Paulus Hook area it was always a desolated, gang- ridden war zone. Older family friends have expressed to me that in the past this area was a meeting ground for disorderly groups to drink, party, and handle heir differences. In the past, it was group rumbles with maybe some weapons, today it is guns and killings... The natives of Jersey City know that all the downtown area is, is make-up put on the surface of the city. What some of you should do, is instead of hopping on the Path to NYC on a hot summer night, you should jump on the light rail and head south and west,. By doing this, you will be able to see how beautiful Jersey City is. Make sure you get off at the Virginia / MLK stop and enjoy the sights. Most of you wouldn't get off the train..Maybe after your nice little tour of the city on a summer night, you will appreciate the J.C.P.D. and all their efforts.. You all dont realize how safe you really are ...

I'm sure most people are appreciative that things are better than they used to be. No reason to be complacent though and just accept things the way they are. Downtown JC could be a much better place.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 18:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/15 17:47
Group:
Registered Users
It is funny to me that all the transplants in the downtown area of Jersey City are all suddenly scared that the 'thugs' from other areas are infiltrating into the area... news flash : that precise downtown area for years was the bowels of the city... you couldn't pay someone to live in that Paulus Hook area it was always a desolated, gang- ridden war zone. Older family friends have expressed to me that in the past this area was a meeting ground for disorderly groups to drink, party, and handle their differences. In the past, it was group rumbles with maybe some weapons, today it is guns and killings... The natives of Jersey City know that all the downtown area is, is make-up put on the surface of the city. What some of you should do, is instead of hopping on the Path to NYC on a hot summer night, you should jump on the light rail and head south and west,. By doing this, you will be able to see how beautiful Jersey City is. Make sure you get off at the Virginia / MLK stop and enjoy the sights. Most of you wouldn't get off the train..Maybe after your nice little tour of the city on a summer night, you will appreciate the J.C.P.D. and all their efforts.. You all dont realize how safe you really are ...

Posted on: 2010/6/9 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Grundy Pier on Saturday/Sunday mornings is absolutely littered with bottles and trash. it's no secret what goes down there on weekend nights.

This is similar to the 80's hang out scene on the Colgate piers. Back then most of the kids which were sons and daughters of native home owners. They were fresh out of Catholic high school, listened to rock music, and yes beer drinking and even smoking those funny cigrettes occured. But they didn't do any harm and had families that had assets to be protected. So if any funny business went on there would be hell to pay by their own domain.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 18:00

Re: Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- \"It could be gang-relate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jeez the waterfront was the one part of JC that was almost entirely thug-free, now they are hanging out there again?

As I've said before, the surrounding (shitty) areas of JC are holding back Downtown from realizing it's true potential.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 16:12

Re: Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- \"It could be gang-relate
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/22 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
It\'s often stated on this list that we live in a city and that we just need to be street smart, or that it\'s really not a problem, or other specious remarks. Below are some historical records of murders in area

2008 Murders

- Newark: 67 total, 23.7 per 100K
- Jersey City: 25 total , 10.3 per 100K
- NYC: 523 total, 6.3 per 100k
- Hoboken: 1 total, 2.5 per 100k
- Union City 1 total, 1.6 per 100K
- Bayonne: 0 total, 0 per 100k

http://www.city-data.com/city/Jersey-City-New-Jersey.html

Clearly, JC could do a lot better.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FletchFletcher wrote:
Obviously in this city a bunch of black guys hanging out on the water front at midnight are up to NO GOOD!

a bunch of guys of any shade hanging out at midnight are usually up to something, if my teenage memory serves.

Quote:

FletchFletcher wrote:
Not be racist here but

too late.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Grundy Pier on Saturday/Sunday mornings is absolutely littered with bottles and trash. it's no secret what goes down there on weekend nights.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 15:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 17:14
Group:
Registered Users
I got off the PATH Train at Exchange Place at about 11:00 PM last Thursday, June 3rd, and was really surprised by the unruly groups of teens hanging out all over the waterfront, with lots of cars with tinted windows and music blaring. I was particularly surprised that the Hyatt and the residents in the expensive towers there had not called the police. I imagine that the gangs had moved there abruptly and were not on anyone's radar.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 15:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FletchFletcher wrote:
We all know they are a bunch of animals! Where were the cops on this one. Obviously in this city a bunch of black guys hanging out on the water front at midnight are up to NO GOOD! Not be racist here but lets face the facts! I wasn't born yesterday and I sick of being politically correct. If a cop saw this, they should have at least checked it out! The old timer cops in this town need to go and we need to bring in some young militant types who will take these punks out once and for all!

Any group of people hanging out at the waterfront at night should be checked out.

We need more cops and we need to let the cops do what they have to do to clean this place up. Jersey City needs to be taken back from these degenerates.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 14:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/22 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
Let's not forget this is the *exact* same spot that we had a shooting on 5/29/09.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2009/05/t.html

IMHO, the core issue is that we have significant gang activity in the tougher parts of JC and this bleeds into downtown. JC needs a multi-year sustained effort engaging JC Policy, NJ Policy and FBI to deal with this. This won't happen until we get a mayor who is more interested in improving JC than in helping out his political cronies.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 14:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/8 19:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We all know they are a bunch of animals! Where were the cops on this one. Obviously in this city a bunch of black guys hanging out on the water front at midnight are up to NO GOOD! Not be racist here but lets face the facts! I wasn't born yesterday and I sick of being politically correct. If a cop saw this, they should have at least checked it out! The old timer cops in this town need to go and we need to bring in some young militant types who will take these punks out once and for all!

Posted on: 2010/6/8 14:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/26 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Relax it was an isolated incident they (the gang) were quiet about it. And what tax dollars or condo maintainence will pay for the beefed up police presence ?

The same tax dollars which went towards retrieving the body out of the water and which will go towards the investigation and trial. It makes more sense to me that money gets spent to prevent crime than to clean up after the crime.

And yeah, of course, I shouldn't forget to be thankful to the gang for being quiet about it. They were very kind.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
My concern is how did the gangs able to get to the waterfront and do their showdown without making noise through the neighborhood?

I live nearby and i sometimes come home late walking home by myself. this is really alarming. the neighborhood is really quiet not to mention very dim during the night. if an innocent pedestrian happens to walk through the promenade to cut through to their apartments on the waterfront they could've very well be caught in the melee and shootings. They need to put police patrols in Paulus Hook and the waterfront!

Relax it was an isolated incident they (the gang) were quiet about it. And what tax dollars or condo maintainence will pay for the beefed up police presence ?

Posted on: 2010/6/8 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
My concern is how did the gangs able to get to the waterfront and do their showdown without making noise through the neighborhood?

I live nearby and i sometimes come home late walking home by myself. this is really alarming. the neighborhood is really quiet not to mention very dim during the night. if an innocent pedestrian happens to walk through the promenade to cut through to their apartments on the waterfront they could've very well be caught in the melee and shootings. They need to put police patrols in Paulus Hook and the waterfront!

Posted on: 2010/6/8 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
TEEN SHOT, THEN DROWNS IN RIVER

Monday, June 07, 2010
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 17-year-old Jersey City boy who was shot in the stomach along the Jersey City waterfront just after midnight Friday jumped into the Hudson River and then drowned, officials said yesterday.

Jermaine Williams, 17, was shot at least once in the abdomen during a possible gang-related confrontation that took place between 70 and 90 Hudson Sts., Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Joshua Robinson, 30, of Park Street in Jersey City, has been charged with the murder. He was arrested at the scene by off-duty Jersey City police officer Johnny Mack, officials said.

Responding to a fight and the sound of gunfire, Mack drew his service weapon and ordered Robinson and another man to drop their weapons, but they ran off, officials said. Mack chased down and held Robinson, but the other man got away, police spokesman Stan H. Eason said.

DeFazio said that a bullet removed from the victim during an autopsy matched the semi-automatic gun in Robinson's possession. The bullet passed through the victim's abdomen and lodged in his back, DeFazio said.

The autopsy determined that Williams' cause of death was drowning and being shot and the manner of death was homicide, DeFazio said. Authorities have not offered a theory why Williams jumped into the river.

Approximately 10 shots were fired from two different weapons and the second shooter escaped, DeDazio said.

Bail was set for Robinson at $1 million.

Jersey City police divers recovered the teen's body from the water in the area of Sussex Street shortly before 3 a.m. Saturday, Eason said.

According to the state Department of Corrections Web site, Robinson served from Sept. 17, 2004 to Feb. 22, 2007 in state prison for unlawful possession of a handgun and aggravated assault.

On May 23, 2009, Shawn Huff, 19, of Montgomery Street in Jersey City, was shot six times in front of 90 Hudson at 2 a.m. and died from his injuries.

Terrell Sandifer, 23, of Bayview Avenue in Jersey City, was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder, but he was not believed to have been the shooter, authorities said at the time. The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information about either case should call the Prosecutor's Office homicide squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 13:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/13 14:13
Group:
Registered Users
i was at the iron monkey. everyone saw and watched on the tables side.

Posted on: 2010/6/6 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the Iron Monkey, on the rooftop, at that time. How in the world did I not hear or see anything?

Posted on: 2010/6/6 17:12

Paulus Hook: Body of teen shot on waterfront is recovered from water -- "It could be gang-related."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Body of teen shot on Jersey City waterfront is recovered from water

By Nyier Abdou/The Star-Ledger
June 05, 2010, 6:32PM

JERSEY CITY ? A Jersey City teen was shot and killed in a brawl on the waterfront.

Jermaine Williams, 17, was shot at least once in the abdomen and apparently jumped into the Hudson River just after midnight Friday, but his body was not recovered for several hours, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said today.

Joshua Robinson, 30, of Jersey City was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest and weapons possession. He also is going to be charged with Williams? killing, DeFazio said. He said an autopsy today determined Williams drowned, but the gunshot was a contributing factor.

Police were called to the area of 90 Hudson St. late Friday on a report of a disturbance. Officer Johnny Mack, who was working an off-duty job nearby, was first on the scene and discovered a large fight in progress, police spokesman Stan Eason said.

According to Eason, Mack observed two men shooting large-caliber semi-automatic weapons. He ordered the men to drop their weapons, but they ran off.

DeFazio said spent shell casings found at the scene were from a semi-automatic pistol.

Mack chased down and held Robinson, while the second gunman escaped. It was not clear how Williams figured into the gunfight.

Mack did not see Williams get shot, but it was soon evident there was a man in the water. The search in the harbor and along the waterfront was aided by Port Authority police and divers, but Williams? body was not immediately recovered.
Jersey City police divers recovered the teen?s body from the water in the area of Sussex Street shortly before 3 a.m., Eason said.

DeFazio called the incident "disturbing."
"Clearly, this is not a robbery," he said. "It could be gang-related."

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office homicide squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/6/6 10:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017