Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City cops file lawsuit against city, police chief
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: Jersey City woman claims ties to Fulop administration to get out of drunk driving arrest

By Terrence T. McDonald
The Jersey Journal

A 35-year-old Jersey City woman was arrested early Friday morning and charged with drunk driving after police claim she nearly struck a police car on Fulton Avenue, slapped a cop in the neck, extricated herself from handcuffs three times and then tried to use her political connections at City Hall to get out of the arrest.

Delores S. Black, of Dales Avenue, told the officers during the early-morning altercation that she would get them fired, according to a police report, which says Black "stated that she had done it before and will do it again."

"Watch how this s--- goes down," Black told the officers after they handcuffed her, according to the report. "I promise you, girl, this is going to be the last day of your life."

READ MORE

Posted on: 2014/6/2 19:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/6 17:42
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
This illegal parking in front of restaurants occurs in Paulus Hook at Liberty Prime on the corner of Montgomery and Warren as well. There is a bus stop out front, clearly marked with no parking signs and a yellow curb. There are usually cars parked there and they also use it as a valet parking stand. The buses simply stop in the middle of Montgomery and let passengers off 10 feet away from the curb. I complained (online service center request) and was told that the curb would be painted over. Yet it's still a bus stop.

"work order #111213a was issued black out the yellow curb"

Posted on: 2014/5/9 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I tried Carmine's a couple of times, it's ok, not sure if it's worth double parking for. And there's always parking nearby, but many can't deal with walking two blocks for some reason-which is a driver issue, not a parking issue.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hitandrun wrote:
Carmine's is a pretty good deli. And, it is very difficult (nearly impossible) to find parking around there.

So, cars definitely DO double park.

The restaurant, in conjunction with the City, should try to come up with a solution. Just issuing parking tickets is a bad solution. Also, ignoring the issue is a bad solution.

I say put a parking attendant out there, in a brightly marked safety vest, and allow cars to park nearer the intersection, in front of driveways, (and yes, double park) etc., during lunch and busy times.

That's a really bad idea to allow illegal parking and traffic offences to occur - Next we'll allow the same in front of schools and any high car and pedestrian traffic areas

Motorist will then seek parity everywhere and the Courts would have to pull tickets if contested, when one get one else where

Posted on: 2014/5/9 13:04
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
Carmine's is a pretty good deli. And, it is very difficult (nearly impossible) to find parking around there.

So, cars definitely DO double park.

The restaurant, in conjunction with the City, should try to come up with a solution. Just issuing parking tickets is a bad solution. Also, ignoring the issue is a bad solution.

I say put a parking attendant out there, in a brightly marked safety vest, and allow cars to park nearer the intersection, in front of driveways, (and yes, double park) etc., during lunch and busy times.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 5:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
(Buddy - welcome to the site - include an article link to back up your statements so we know what you're talking about. You seem pretty focused on this issue. What else do you know?)

I believe this is what Buddy is referring to:

A Jersey City police officer is alleging in a new lawsuit that he was reprimanded and then transferred to a different district after he refused to stop issuing traffic summonses in front of a West Side restaurant frequented by city cops.

Khareem Miller, an 11-year veteran of the police force, alleges that police brass told him on numerous occasions that he was not allowed to issue summonses to anyone outside Carmine?s Italian Deli on Mallory Avenue because the eatery?s owner is ?connected to the mayor and the chief of police.?

Rest of the Story - Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2014/5/9 4:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/14 20:50
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Another law suit by different officer. How many does that make?

Posted on: 2014/5/9 3:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone?

Posted on: 2014/3/7 7:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Update??

Posted on: 2014/2/25 6:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Any update?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 6:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
But as I understand it, police are being re-deployed all over.

Yes. 3 cops in a single unmarked car, driving in circles downtown, making traffic stops, doesn't strike me as a good use of resource.

One to hold the wheel, one to work the pedals and one to keep a lookout?

A few years ago I had an unmarked car roll up near me while walking my dog. They couldn't see the dog and must have thought I was casing cars. When they realized what I was doing they drove off. There were 5 undercover cops in the car and for a split second I was convinced I was about to be mugged until I realized they were cops. In any case I do not begrudge the cops extra manpower when making what could be dangerous traffic stops. 3 cops seem reasonable to me if they are dealing with possible gangbangers. The one problem is that the cops often look like thugs themselves and can understandably provoke an abnormal reaction from innocent citizens.

These 3 cops were likely patroling, otherwise they wouldn't have stopped to write a traffic ticket. With 2 or 3 cars instead of 1 they could have had a much wider coverage, and at least one of them could be at a crime scene much faster than all 3 in one car.

They can call for backup before engaging suspected gangbangers...

I disagree. Undercover cops should never work alone.

If they are truly undercover, for example on a stake-out, then 3 or more to a car isn't an issue. If they're simply patrolling in plain clothes, then 3 cops in 3 cars can respond to incidents faster, cover more ground AND act in concert when needed.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 18:01
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Living in Greenville, I have seen many positive changes with the actual "on the street" presence of the JCPD. We have also had overwhelming support and turnout from JCPD at our neighborhood association meetings, including Chief Cowan.

My experience with the Chief is as a professional serious about moving the Department forward. These allegations seem out of character.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Yes. 3 cops in a single unmarked car, driving in circles downtown, making traffic stops, doesn't strike me as a good use of resource.

A few years ago I had an unmarked car roll up near me while walking my dog. They couldn't see the dog and must have thought I was casing cars. When they realized what I was doing they drove off. There were 5 undercover cops in the car and for a split second I was convinced I was about to be mugged until I realized they were cops. In any case I do not begrudge the cops extra manpower when making what could be dangerous traffic stops. 3 cops seem reasonable to me if they are dealing with possible gangbangers. The one problem is that the cops often look like thugs themselves and can understandably provoke an abnormal reaction from innocent citizens.

These 3 cops were likely patroling, otherwise they wouldn't have stopped to write a traffic ticket. With 2 or 3 cars instead of 1 they could have had a much wider coverage, and at least one of them could be at a crime scene much faster than all 3 in one car.

I disagree. Undercover cops should never work alone.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

He was limited in who he could replace as many of those jobs are civil service, and thus protected, which is unfortunate in some cases.

What do you mean "some cases"? Allow me to remind you that in this case we all are the employer. It is in our interests to be able to replace civil servants that do not work like we want them to.

You aren't understanding me. "In some cases" refers to my opinion that some employees deserve replacing due to poor performance, while other employees might be performing fine. However, let me remind you that employees in civil service roles (which are many people in our government, but not all jobs) are protected by civil service laws and cannot be dismissed. It's the law. Not saying I like it, but tax payers have no control over these people's jobs as you seem to think.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/1 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/1 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

He was limited in who he could replace as many of those jobs are civil service, and thus protected, which is unfortunate in some cases.

What do you mean "some cases"? Allow me to remind you that in this case we all are the employer. It is in our interests to be able to replace civil servants that do not work like we want them to.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
unless that woman was in a rush to do goverment-related work, shouldn't she be fined or punished? shouldn't the police chief as well. and who says cronyism only exists in 3rd world dirtholes

Posted on: 2014/1/1 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/1 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, this does not automatically exonerate the city.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
OR it could be 3) person wasn't a staffer at all but a county employee who mouthed off.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ds_show.html#incart_river

I was ready to go with Vigilante on Post #18 but this makes it interesting. So why did all 4 of those cops get reassigned JUST after this incident ?

Pass the popcorn indeed.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
OR it could be 3) person wasn't a staffer at all but a county employee who mouthed off.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ds_show.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/1/1 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I have my money on this one.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Ultimately it could just be a case of asshole meets asshole.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sammicat wrote:
What is easier to believe - (1) 4 cops first all got wind of some future reassignments (which may not have even been planned yet), then conspired to create some "set-up", investigated a staffer who they then tracked and laid in wait to give her a ticket, -- or -- (2) an arrogant staffer who thinks she is above the law.
I'll go with #2.

2 would also assume that the police chief was so incredibly naive and stupid to re-assign staff immediately after getting a complaint from a staffer. Perhaps that's the case, or perhaps Vigilante is right and there's stupidity on all sides.

Let's pass the popcorn and watch the facts emerge :)

Posted on: 2013/12/31 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Ultimately it could just be a case of asshole meets asshole.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 20:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/27 1:26
Group:
Registered Users
What is easier to believe - (1) 4 cops first all got wind of some future reassignments (which may not have even been planned yet), then conspired to create some "set-up", investigated a staffer who they then tracked and laid in wait to give her a ticket, -- or -- (2) an arrogant staffer who thinks she is above the law.
I'll go with #2.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Fair enough that the cops might have set this up....

Posted on: 2013/12/31 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Thus, it would not suprise me if there is merit to this Complaint.

It would equally not surprise me if the cops got wind of their reassignments and set-up the staffer. Both seem equally plausible. I'm sure the facts will come out...

Posted on: 2013/12/31 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
It is understandable for Fulup supporters to be in denial. However, anyone with a passing acquaintance with the JCPD knows that Cowan was a quintessential hack, unlike the vast majority of JCPD who are remarkably conscientious given the institutional pressures to be dishonest, from day one of his life as a cop. He came out early in support of Steve and was rewarded. The mayor has plans and he knows that such loyalty is key to them. Loyalty involves favors. Thus, it would not suprise me if there is merit to this Complaint.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I don't suppose there's any way we could find out who the staffer is. Perhaps she was someone that Fulop hired over from the Healy administration. The fact that he didn't seem to clean out most of the Healy people from city hall is just a major disappointment to me.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 16:02

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017