Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Jersey City teen shot in face as she leaves laundromat
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
It must be that force field seperating downtown from the rest of the crime infested city. Just read your local newspaper nothing happens downtown to us. It only happens to THEM on the outside of our impenetrable barrier. Wake up downtown, its our problem too!Quote:

Lafayette wrote:
I dont if many of you are aware but Lafayette used to be WARD E......which is the area directly behind the new medical center. There is so much development slated for this area in the next 5 years that there will be changes. WE got pushed into the WARD F.....doesn't surprise me. Anyway,
I am glad someone pointed out that YES it's very close to downtown..What makes anyone think that downtown is so much safer?? geez...common sense!

The light rail is not patrolled. Have any of you gotten off on Marin at night? its pretty scary..the liberty light rail is also scary.....all of the stops are scary!!!!
There will be a rally soon on public safety headed by community groups, stay tuned, I will let you all know when!

Posted on: 2009/2/16 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ricardo Kaulessar
Hudson Reporter

"My house was turned upside down and now I'm a victim of the Jersey City Police Department,"

Attention JCPD
If anyone is shot in the face of my home, you are more then welcome to turn my house upside down to search for any answers or weapons.

I fear 'mom' in this case has something to hide from the Police - either she or her kids are doing something naughty.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 21:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Mother of shooting victim says police ransacked her house

Ricardo Kaulessar
Hudson Reporter

When Annie McCord stepped up to the microphone during the public speaking portion of the Jersey City City Council meeting on Wednesday, she was not a happy person.

McCord spoke of her 16-year-old daughter, who was shot in the face by a single bullet around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday near the intersection of Communipaw Avenue and Van Horne Street.

McCord said after visiting her daughter in the hospital Wednesday morning, she came home to find her house ransacked. McCord found out later that police has been searching the house to find the gun used to shoot her daughter.

Police spokesperson Stan Eason defended the police action in searching McCord's house, saying they were acting on the theory that someone who resided at the house may have had something to do with the shooting. The shooter has still not been found.

McCord also alleged that Tuesday night, police officers were sitting in their cars and were slow to tend to the victim.

"My house was turned upside down and now I'm a victim of the Jersey City Police Department," said McCord, trying to hold back tears. "I am very upset over this."

City Councilman Viola Richardson, who represents the area where the young girl was shot, met with McCord and other family members who came to the council meeting.

Eason refuted McCord's claim that police were sitting in their car, saying there were police officers on foot patrol in close vicinity of the scene of the shooting, and were tending to the victim in a "matter of seconds." ?

Posted on: 2009/2/14 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
I dont if many of you are aware but Lafayette used to be WARD E......which is the area directly behind the new medical center. There is so much development slated for this area in the next 5 years that there will be changes. WE got pushed into the WARD F.....doesn't surprise me. Anyway,
I am glad someone pointed out that YES it's very close to downtown..What makes anyone think that downtown is so much safer?? geez...common sense!

The light rail is not patrolled. Have any of you gotten off on Marin at night? its pretty scary..the liberty light rail is also scary.....all of the stops are scary!!!!
There will be a rally soon on public safety headed by community groups, stay tuned, I will let you all know when!

Posted on: 2009/2/13 12:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Hope that theory is never put to the test for you. The area you refer to is a two minute drive or lite rail ride away from us. It can be walked in probably 15 minutes. Distances like that should keep us safe. (Sarcasm) Quote:

newtothearea wrote:
icechute - location does matter. just by reading the posts on this board alone, one could decide where he or she would like to live, or which areas to avoid.

and that mentality that it is all jersey city. where does it end? its all hudson county, its all new jersey, its all the US. you have to start somewhere.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Home search riles shot girl's mother
Thursday, February 12, 2009
By RON ZEITLINGER
DEPUTY MANAGING EDITOR

A Jersey City woman whose daughter was shot in the face is outraged after returning from the hospital yesterday morning to find her Van Horne Street home had been searched and ransacked by Jersey City police.

"I was at the hospital all night and I came home to wash up and I found my house was turned upside down by the police," said Annie McCord, whose 16-year-old daughter underwent surgery to wire her jaw shut yesterday at the Jersey City Medical Center. "This isn't right!"

Even more outrageous, McCord said, is that the cops were looking for the gun that was used to shoot her daughter.

"The cops left a note that someone on the block said there was a gun in the house," said McCord, trying to fight back tears.

"They didn't find any gun here. They think my (19-year-old) son had something to do with the gun that shot my daughter, but that's crazy."

Last night, McCord spoke at a meeting of the Jersey City City Council about the incident.

Police spokesman Stan Eason confirmed that the police executed a search warrant at the home, but refused to elaborate because of the ongoing investigation. Eason also said it is police policy to lock and secure all doors after executing a search warrant at a home. He also noted that cops were on patrol in the area when the girl was shot.

McCord's daughter, who attends Lincoln High School, was shot Monday afternoon near the intersection of Communipaw Avenue and Van Horne Street. McCord said her daughter had been walking home after a dance class at school and that she was not the intended target. No arrests have been made.

McCord said she found her front door open and furniture and household items strewn about the apartment when she returned from the hospital at 6 a.m.

"I'm a victim, I'm a mother whose daughter was shot," McCord said. "And I come home and find my house turned upside down by the cops."

Posted on: 2009/2/12 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmashmore wrote:
I know everyone likes to know where things happen, but a lot of people are convinced, as was mentioned above, that they aren't subject to awful things like that just because they're downtown, or anywhere for that matter. It doesn't really matter, this violence can happen anywhere. Don't be naive, the police here work for the same city as the police who work for the area at the intersection of van horne and communipaw.

Just because a hispanic dude stabs a black girl in harlem doesn't make it acceptable, and why would you sigh in relief just because you don't live there?

Gang violence is real. There isn't always a reason why bad things happen. Face it. Everyone keep your head about yourself.

"This" violence can happen anywhere? Really? I never worried about getting shot in the face or getting "stabbed by a hispanic male" when I lived in somerset county. The odds go down quite a bit when the demographics change.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 17:59

Re: Teen shot in face this afternoon....
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I just read on NJ.Com that they searched the mothers house for the gun, they believe her nineteen year old son may have shot her. Whats going on that the family isn't saying.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
If you live in this area, please come to the Morris Canal Redevelop Area Coalition meeting on
March 5th, 6:45pm, 344 Pacific Avenue, Assumption Church, near Lafayette.

The Downtown JC Watch will be helping residents with a blockwatch, improving lights, and calling in hot spots.

There are terrific people in this area (new and old) so please come support them.

Thanks!
Downtown JC Watch

Posted on: 2009/2/11 5:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
newtothearea: since you are new to the area I will say that a city such as Jersey City is very diverse and experiences problems everywhere. I won't get into a tit for tat...but the differences are not coming from downtown and non downtown it comes from NEW like you or "Been here already" so with that said had you been here 20 years ago you wouldn't be raving about downtown and you will probably be fighting to move to lafayette in the next 5-10 years, or like some say "invest in an up and coming".......My mom grew up in downtown when she wouldn't walk anywhere by herself and people thought "who wants to live there??"....this is how it goes......It all has to do with $$$. that's the bottom line.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
...the jersey journal (whatever that is)...

The defense rests.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newtothearea wrote:
i only stated that the location of a crime is important.

obviously a crime happening anywhere is a bad thing.

+1

Posted on: 2009/2/10 17:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 15:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

If you are using what's posted here as your guide on where to live, I'm sorry, but you need to expand your reach as to research.

The location was CLEARLY stated in the news article which was posted in-full. Don't base your knowledge of an issue on just a headline. Read the paper instead of just getting your news here. You don't need to buy the paper; it's all on-line.

not saying i would or anyone should. but the article did come from some kind of news source - and whether it came from the jersey journal (whatever that is) or the times, the facts remain - shot in face - communipaw avenue and van horne street.

all it takes is a 30 second scan of all the headlines in the crime & safety and it would be pretty obvious what areas one should avoid.

and i never stated anything about the location with regards to the heading of the thread or whether it was or wasn't clearly stated in the article. i only stated that the location of a crime is important.

obviously a crime happening anywhere is a bad thing. but since all the problems of the world are not going to be solved in our lifetimes, most people would like to live in an area that has as little crime as possible.

usually the best areas are the best areas for a reason, and as such, come with a higher price tag. and that is where all of the tension between downtown and non downtown seems to stem.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
The COmmunipaw Ave Block Association has been right on when it comes to issues in our neighbhorhood. We have been asking for curfew laws to be stricly enforced and for more surveillance by JCPD. I don't have any more details other than what is in the Jersey Journal but the last shootings are all people under the age of 18 and I don't think it was a coincidence, rather that the girl was a direct target.
We will see. It's unfortunate that many of us here, haven't had the "luck" of others where their once run down neighbhorhood turns into million dollar homes but that doesn't mean we don't take pride in our neighbhorhood.Downtown JC was once an 'undesirable" also, by the way.
Like someone said we are all Jersey City and we pay the same taxes and use the same public facilities.
We are currently working on getting the Neighbhorhood watch program and expect to get moving on it.
People will have to move out of this neighborhood if they don't plan to take care of their teenagers.
Thank you.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
icechute - location does matter. just by reading the posts on this board alone, one could decide where he or she would like to live, or which areas to avoid.

If you are using what's posted here as your guide on where to live, I'm sorry, but you need to expand your reach as to research.

The location was CLEARLY stated in the news article which was posted in-full. Don't base your knowledge of an issue on just a headline. Read the paper instead of just getting your news here. You don't need to buy the paper; it's all on-line.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that it doesnt matter where it heppened, its still appalling.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/22 22:16
From Jersey ave and 3rd St
Group:
Registered Users
The location was specified, clearly - it occurred just outside a laundromat at the intersection of van horne and communipaw. It doesn't get more specific than that. The idea that it needs to be noted that this is not located in Downtown Jersey City is just silly. My point is that just because it happened in Bergen/Lafayette doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Why would you not mention where it happened in the headlines? dont you think ithat crucial peice of info might actually help solve a crime? maybe you saw something but didtn't think anything of it, fits a description, time of day etc oh and LOCATION.

Also i'd say most of these violent crimes are happening in certain parts of jersey City. its valuable info for someone looking to rent or purchase.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/22 22:16
From Jersey ave and 3rd St
Group:
Registered Users
I know everyone likes to know where things happen, but a lot of people are convinced, as was mentioned above, that they aren't subject to awful things like that just because they're downtown, or anywhere for that matter. It doesn't really matter, this violence can happen anywhere. Don't be naive, the police here work for the same city as the police who work for the area at the intersection of van horne and communipaw.

Just because a hispanic dude stabs a black girl in harlem doesn't make it acceptable, and why would you sigh in relief just because you don't live there?

Gang violence is real. There isn't always a reason why bad things happen. Face it. Everyone keep your head about yourself.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 15:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 15:44
Group:
Registered Users

and that mentality that it is all jersey city. where does it end? its all hudson county, its all new jersey, its all the US. you have to start somewhere.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to chime in that I hate that rag of a paper, the Jerey Journal.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 8:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
shot in face - how personal is that !

It sounds like someone wanted to kill her or at the very least dis-figure her. My money is on a love triangle and jealousy.

'Law and Order' and 'CSI' is a wealth of knowledge

Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You know what? With all due respect to how you like to add the location to the headlines, I've gotten to the point where it doesn't matter. Bergen-Lafayette, Greenville, COLES STREET, THE MALL, wherever.

It's all JERSEY CITY.

Like it or not, and as we've seen all too often and recently, the crime does not magically stop at the turnpike. It's everywhere, and the sooner all the "It's great downtown" crowd (I've lived downtown since '88) get over what the realtors and NYT told them, the better.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:44

Bergen Lafayette: Jersey City teen shot in face as she leaves laundromat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Terrible news -- please add the area to the title -- Bergen Lafayette.

I hope some witnesses come forward.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:36

Teen shot in face this afternoon....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
It's getting to be a daily thing in this dump of a town:

Jersey City teen shot in face as she leaves laundromat
by The Jerey Journal
Monday February 09, 2009, 8:24 PM

A 16-year-old Jersey City girl was shot in the jaw today as she left a public laundry, officials said.

Shot in the face by a single bullet around 4:30 p.m. near the intersection of Communipaw Avenue and Van Horne Street, the girl suffered a serious, but not life threatening wound, police said.

Police said they have no motive for the shooting, no suspects, and are not convinced the girl was the intended target.

"We are relying on eyewitnesses to come forward," city spokesman Stan H. Eason said about the ongoing investigation, adding the girl has been interviewed by police.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tipline at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017