Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Menendez ahead by a wee bit!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
it's sad that delusional people like you vote.

You are riculous. I showed where Obama doubled the debt. I showed where it was projected that the deficit would be reduced. You chose to believe neither. You instead stated your opinion. Im still waiting to hear about Menendez's accomplishments and what he has done for NJ

Posted on: 2018/11/7 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It is not just what happened in senator or when he was congressman, Menendez as involved in corruption in Union City. It had to do with contracts with the Union City board of ed. However, the feds, went after Mayor Musto and Menendez was protected and not prosecuted because he turned against Musto and saved himself. This story was covered only in the Hudson Dispatch in the early 1980s, but unfortunately, that paper went under in 1991. So those Canadians reporters can pat themselves on the back, NJ is still the most corrupt state because we elect them.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 13:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
it's sad that delusional people like you vote.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 7:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
The charges against Menendez came curiously just as he criticized Obamas Cuba policy. As soon as he softened his stance the case fell apart.
A wild conspiracy theory with no evidence that is simultaneously in support of and against a Democrat. Amazing.

Just common sense. The guy has been corrupt his whole career never done one thing for Nj but not until he crossed Obama was it ever an issue.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Yvonne, after Menendez is elected, I will 100% support any recall efforts you want to spearhead. I don't like Menendez, but damned if I want any Republican as a Senator.

Let's all agree that after this election, Menendez needs to go so we can get someone else in there, preferably a not corrupt Democrat.

Yeah god forbid we get anyone elected who would want to ease our tax burden
I'm not rich, so I doubt Republicans would do much for my tax burden. I fully expect my generation to be footing our nation's $20-$30 trillion debts in the future thanks to Republican financial mismanagement. I'd rather pay for universal healthcare and welfare and education and infrastructure than pay for wars and subsidies to rich people and massive corporations.

You can argue that it might add to the national deficit but Trump has already put more money back in your pocket. As far as spending you need to do some research. Obama more than doubled the national debt during his eight yrs. Trump has added to it but the yearly deficit has been projected to decline over the next few years. Whether you agree with it or not keep in mind this will be accomplished with a massive corporate tax cut. My point however was directed at the local level. If you can not see a difference between the spend thrift dems of this state and their Republican counterparts im not sure there's much else to say.

but the yearly deficit has been projected to decline over the next few years

IS THIS A JOKE? You're kidding me right? You're going to blame Obama for doubling the national debt, even though deficits were being reduced during his tenure, and then LIE TO MY FACE and tell me that deficits are projected to go down under Trump's budget? The CBO and any sane person shows massive increases in the deficit over the next decade. You're a bold-faced liar.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
The charges against Menendez came curiously just as he criticized Obamas Cuba policy. As soon as he softened his stance the case fell apart.
A wild conspiracy theory with no evidence that is simultaneously in support of and against a Democrat. Amazing.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Menendez declared the winner.

Posted on: 2018/11/7 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/11/3 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
Latest poll shows Menendez pulling away from Hugin.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _before_election_day.html

People dislike Hugin. He's as big a liar at the president -

Hugin's TV ads set a new standard for sleaze | Moran
Updated Oct 31; Posted Oct 31

By Tom Moran tmoran@starledger.com
Columnist, The Star-Ledger

When Bob Menendez was indicted on corruption charges in 2015, I wrote an editorial calling on him to resign. It was awkward, because his office is across the hall from ours in downtown Newark, and we share the same bathroom. Relations have been a bit tense.

So, I'm surprised to be writing that it's his opponent in this race, Republican Bob Hugin, who is running the sleazier campaign.

Hugin is running TV spots that suggest Menendez patronized child prostitutes in the Dominican Republic, a charge that's been debunked as a vicious lie by every fact-checker on earth. I'll break that down shortly.

But the low road seems to be helping Hugin close the gap. Public polls still show Menendez with a lead of about six points, on average. But campaigns conduct private polls much more frequently, so they can detect changes more quickly.

I keep hearing from Democrats who are terrified that the gap is closing. And the Cook Political Report, probably the most respected oddsmakers in American politics, now calls the race a tossup.

"It's not like Bob Hugin's campaign fed me a line," says Jennifer Duffy, who handles Senate races for Cook. "It's hand-wringing Democrats who are saying it's not as good as people think. I made that call on the basis of Democratic data."

So, given that the prostitution charge could flip the race, let's take a look.

The latest ad opens with a young mother cradling her infant daughter as images of Harvey Weinstein flash on a TV screen in the background. We hear the mother's voice, as she pulls her baby close.

"Reading this sworn FBI affidavit containing allegations that Menendez traveled abroad to have sex with underage prostitutes, one thing became clear: I'll never be able to explain a vote for him, to her."

That affidavit she refers to was presented in support of the FBI's request for a search warrant of the offices of Dr. Salomon Melgen, which was granted. He was later convicted of Medicare fraud, and it now in federal prison.

But the affidavit does not charge that Menendez patronized under-aged prostitutes. It says only that an anonymous tipster made the claim.

That informant, we learned later, was a liar. You may remember that the first charge of prostitution surfaced in 2013, when three adult women in the Dominican Republic charged on video that Menendez paid them for sex. They later recanted, saying they were paid to make bogus claims.

Who would have paid those women to lie? We never found out.

But it was the same anonymous tipster who told the FBI that Menendez patronized child prostitutes. He refused to reveal himself to the FBI or sit down with agents to discuss the charge, which kills any surviving scrap of his credibility. The FBI sent agents to the Dominican Republic to be thorough, anyway, and found no good evidence to support the charge.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ard_for_sleaze_moran.html

Posted on: 2018/11/2 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Latest poll shows Menendez pulling away from Hugin.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _before_election_day.html

Posted on: 2018/11/2 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Yvonne, after Menendez is elected, I will 100% support any recall efforts you want to spearhead. I don't like Menendez, but damned if I want any Republican as a Senator.

Let's all agree that after this election, Menendez needs to go so we can get someone else in there, preferably a not corrupt Democrat.

I'm not rich, so I doubt Republicans would do much for my tax burden. I fully expect my generation to be footing our nation's $20-$30 trillion debts in the future thanks to Republican financial mismanagement. I'd rather pay for universal healthcare and welfare and education and infrastructure than pay for wars and subsidies to rich people and massive corporations.

You can argue that it might add to the national deficit but Trump has already put more money back in your pocket. As far as spending you need to do some research. Obama more than doubled the national debt during his eight yrs. Trump has added to it but the yearly deficit has been projected to decline over the next few years. Whether you agree with it or not keep in mind this will be accomplished with a massive corporate tax cut. My point however was directed at the local level. If you can not see a difference between the spend thrift dems of this state and their Republican counterparts im not sure there's much else to say.

Posted on: 2018/10/27 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Reality check for the rabid conservatives such as Yvonne and her minions: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/i ... race-really-a-toss-up-no/

Though things such as statistics and math are beyond her comprehension, so she?ll likely regurgitate one of her lies in response.

Posted on: 2018/10/26 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

Posted on: 2018/10/26 3:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

A "corrupt Democrat" - why do you need to repeat yourself?

Go ahead, elect this @-hole - you'll get what you deserve, just like w/ Murphy.

Posted on: 2018/10/26 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was in Quebec some time ago. At night I put on the local stations and finally found an English language news station. The conversation had to do with the Midwest in the US. Some politician who is also the son a famous politician (I believe Hubert Humphrey) got into some hot water. The Quebec newscast said this is unusual, the corrupt state is New Jersey in the US. I wished I had a recording of that statement. Anyone who votes for Menendez is proving those Canadians news men right.

Yvonne, of course they are right! How much more proof does one need? I almost always vote Democrat, but not in this case. I don't care who the Republican challenger is, they got my vote this time around. It's this type of BS, running Menendez instead of replacing him, that really pisses me off about the Democratic party. This crap has got to end.

Posted on: 2018/10/25 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

Posted on: 2018/10/25 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/10/25 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
People who do not agree get to see their preferences go away. Grind conservative backwardness into dust.

Did you even listen to the interview? It's in context. It's collateral damage to conservatism for supporting equal rights, economic progressiveness, and actually giving a shit about the environment.

But you just read snippets in some right wing rag.. right?

Posted on: 2018/10/24 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"We owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country,? the former House Speaker said Sunday during an event hosted by 92nd Street Y. ?And if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn't be our original purpose.? What is the collateral damage?

Posted on: 2018/10/22 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
As when David Duke was running.. "vote for the crook, it's important".

The Republicans are a terrible alternative to pretty much anything.

Posted on: 2018/10/22 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This kinda reminds me of the Law & Order SVU episode where Barba has to deal with the Hudson County prosecutor and says to Benson that Hudson County is so corrupt, it makes the state of NJ look like Switzerland. Yes, we come from the most corrupt city in the most corrupt county in the most corrupt state.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was in Quebec some time ago. At night I put on the local stations and finally found an English language news station. The conversation had to do with the Midwest in the US. Some politician who is also the son a famous politician (I believe Hubert Humphrey) got into some hot water. The Quebec newscast said this is unusual, the corrupt state is New Jersey in the US. I wished I had a recording of that statement. Anyone who votes for Menendez is proving those Canadians news men right.

Posted on: 2018/10/19 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/10/19 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It appears that I'm not alone in the hold your nose vote.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... by_jersey_opposition.html

Posted on: 2018/10/19 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/10/17 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

oreoz wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
I will hold my nose and vote for Menendez for one reason. ...
Because the GOP is the only party that is capable and expected to stand on principle.

Not at all - the reason the GOP is expected to act on morals is because they sell themselves that way. Since they lay claim to being the moral, good Christian party, that's how they are judged. ...

Whereas Democrats position themselves as a Women Defenders Party, but since those are Democrats nobody expects them to actually behave as they pretend to be.

Posted on: 2018/10/16 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
TheBigGuy wrote: Can't wait to hear Hillary's endorsement of Senator Bob. Especially after the bangup job she she did defending her husband against the 22 year old intern grown woman who abused her free access to the President and used her feminine Delilah like charms to seduce him in the Oval Office. "Bob is especially proud of his record working with young women. His fatherly like mentoring abilities transcend borders, ethnicity and age. And Bob is willing to go that extra mile to provide the kind of support.... that well, shucks... money just can't buy." Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Hillary Clinton stumps for Menendez at Jersey City fundraiser

Hillary Clinton came out to Jersey City to help raise money for embattled New Jersey U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez on Monday.

Clinton was the featured guest at the event to raise money for Menendez, his leadership political action committee, and the New Jersey State Democratic Committee. at the Liberty Prime Steakhouse in Jersey City on Oct. 15. Tickets ranged from $500 to $5,400, according to an invitation.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _bob_menendez_at_jer.html

Menendez is pulling ahead in the polls. Hugin is too closely associated with Trump, and NJ voters think that Trump is gross. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2 ... recast/senate/new-jersey/

Posted on: 2018/10/16 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Can't wait to hear Hillary's endorsement of Senator Bob. Especially after the bangup job she she did defending her husband against the 22 year old intern grown woman who abused her free access to the President and used her feminine Delilah like charms to seduce him in the Oval Office. "Bob is especially proud of his record working with young women. His fatherly like mentoring abilities transcend borders, ethnicity and age. And Bob is willing to go that extra mile to provide the kind of support.... that well, shucks... money just can't buy." Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Hillary Clinton came out to Jersey City to help raise money for embattled New Jersey U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez on Monday.

Clinton was the featured guest at the event to raise money for Menendez, his leadership political action committee, and the New Jersey State Democratic Committee. at the Liberty Prime Steakhouse in Jersey City on Oct. 15. Tickets ranged from $500 to $5,400, according to an invitation.

Posted on: 2018/10/16 10:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/10/16 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Menendez isn't specifically about Cavanaugh, it's about control of the senate in an era where the filibuster is dead, and GOP senators fall in line with the party or else are treated severely by the leadership. Democrats are not nearly so disciplined or controlling, the one thing that hasn't changed in many decades is that leading Dems is like herding cats.

So, Menendez may possibly be a corrupt machine hack, but he's OUR corrupt machine hack, and will vote for my "NJ Libtard" interests while he lines his pockets. A variety of what Tammany's George Washington Plunkitt called "honest graft", pursuing the public interest and one's personal interests at the same time.

Well said.

Posted on: 2018/10/5 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Menendez isn't specifically about Cavanaugh, it's about control of the senate in an era where the filibuster is dead, and GOP senators fall in line with the party or else are treated severely by the leadership. Democrats are not nearly so disciplined or controlling, the one thing that hasn't changed in many decades is that leading Dems is like herding cats.

So, Menendez may possibly be a corrupt machine hack, but he's OUR corrupt machine hack, and will vote for my "NJ Libtard" interests while he lines his pockets. A variety of what Tammany's George Washington Plunkitt called "honest graft", pursuing the public interest and one's personal interests at the same time.

Posted on: 2018/10/5 15:59

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017