Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (135jc)




Re: Plastic bag bans coming to Hoboken, Jersey City
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

oreoz wrote:
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
I hate this idea, it's the people who have to walk numerous blocks home after a long day of work with multiple bags of groceries that suffer the most from this. Hopefully they remember the same politicians that screwed them over with this idiotic ban the next election.


You act like the sky is falling. It's not very difficult to buy a reusable bag and keep it with you. Here, I found a small, affordable one for you already --> baggu.com/collections/reusable-bags


I was in Morocco recently where they've also banned plastic bags. They just had cloth ones instead, so no problems really.


I doubt they pick up after their dogs in Moracco

Posted on: Yesterday 19:53
Top


Re: Jersey City has big plans for 100 acres on West Side along Hackensack River
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

hero69 wrote:
well, i hope the objective of this potential purchase is to make a decent rturn on tax payer money with providing affordable housing as a secondary goal.


Wow good one. I nearly spit up my lunch. Since when has a Democrat run administration cared about tax payers? They are simply a revenue stream.

Posted on: Yesterday 14:20
Top


Re: Plastic bag bans coming to Hoboken, Jersey City
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Not sure if the ban is all encompassing but I asked a bodega owner about it and had no idea of it. When I told him he just laughed and said it would never be enforced.

Posted on: 6/16 8:40
Top


Re: Newark Ave. Fire at Moloney's Meat Market near County Court House !
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Maloney's is open.

Posted on: 6/15 7:48
Top


Re: Donald Trump Solidifies World Peace
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

robotdisko wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I like how you completely missed most of the what's actually in the Iran deal



What is really sad is they demanded cash and received cash.

Resized Image


wow a trumptard posted a meme, so it must be true. even when confronted with facts only a useless idiot would continue to spew fox news boolshit. dumb af.


The reason Trump is President is because of the elitist liberals and Hillary Clinton. Start putting the blame where it belongs. Look inside!

Posted on: 6/15 7:45
Top


Re: Kearny Mayor says Mayor Fulop Shoved Cop
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


If it were the private sector you have a point. Not in the public sector!

Posted on: 6/14 22:01
Top


Re: Kearny Mayor says Mayor Fulop Shoved Cop
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
It's this kinda crap that makes me want to vote Republican.

Democratic machine political bosses suck


Wouldn't the.cushy union contracts be enough for you to change your vote. Nj.com just ran an article about longshoreman making 400k plus at port of Newark. Many of them getting paid for being on the clock 24/7

Posted on: 6/14 14:50
Top


Re: Kearny Mayor says Mayor Fulop Shoved Cop
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Are you sure it was a cop? I read he shoved newspaper boxes off the street


Yeah, well at least you can find coverage about that story.


A Democrat story being squashed is nothing new. Especially in Hudson county.

Posted on: 6/13 21:18
Top


Re: Kearny Mayor says Mayor Fulop Shoved Cop
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Are you sure it was a cop? I read he shoved newspaper boxes off the street

Posted on: 6/13 19:21
Top


Re: Donald Trump Solidifies World Peace
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Obama won the Nobel peace prize for what exactly?

Posted on: 6/12 10:22
Top


Re: Plastic bag bans coming to Hoboken, Jersey City
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


So shoprite is going to stop using plastic bags? I'll believe that when I see it.

Posted on: 6/8 15:18
Top


Re: This county is booming, but most Shore areas haven't recovered their mojo.
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Yay JC! Start paying a comparable property tax rate! Start paying for your own schools!! LOL.


How many cities you keep citing that have high tax rates are working with a 2018 valuation?

Posted on: 6/3 21:48
Top


Re: New Tax Rate is Insane!
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
How is it irrelevant? JC's tax rate is so ridiculously low because of Abbott.


Its irrelevant because market values are high due to JC's proximity to NYC. So naturally with high property values comes low tax rates. Just as if the reval was done in 2009 then the rate would have been much higher.

Posted on: 5/30 20:20
Top


Re: New Tax Rate is Insane!
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

thor800 wrote:
It was definitely long overdue for tax increases though a more liberal policy to appeals for unfair rates could have brought the same relief to Greenville or West Side.

In any case, even $16K on a $1M building is still a bargain compared to almost everywhere else in NJ. Once the market realizes this, things will normalize. I would expect it will take longer for single family homes in the $1M+ range compared to ones with rental units included.


Why use tax rates as the basis for your argument? It is irrelevant!

Posted on: 5/30 19:35
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

we are in P&K every other day. they're our go-to grocer. we will really feel their absence if they close.


Ugh, that would be super depressing. This is going to be one of those neighborhoods where regular stores that sell normal things that people need won't be able to exist. Food desert here we come!

La Conga is 1.5 blocks away from P&K.

Key Foods is 2.5 blocks away from P&K.

"Food desert?" Not so much.


This. So much drama... And, for the non stuck up crowd, there are two GIGANTIC food stores (ShopRite and BJs) not even 10 minutes away by foot. A downtowner crying about DTJC becoming a food desert is deliciously ridiculous.


Why care about any business for that matter? The reasons are that people get into their own routines and it's sad to see local business leave. When that happens neighborhoods lose some character. It's not always about finding their products elsewhere. Otherwise all stores could close and we could just shop at Walmart

Posted on: 5/30 13:43
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
My wife just informed by the owners that P&K food market will close due to the pedestrian plaza. The rely on people pulling up and double parking to get groceries.


Surely you aren't suggesting that progressive urban development shouldn't happen so that a store, or at least a store's customers, can partake in illegal parking? Bay Street was a traffic nightmare that should have been enforced a decade (or more) ago. That they'd jump ship so soon (if this rumor is true) is shortsighted, and that they think they're above the law in order to generate business is laughable.


I'm staring that the owners said they are going to eventually close due to the plaza. Nothing more than that!

Posted on: 5/26 19:15
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


My wife just informed by the owners that P&K food market will close due to the pedestrian plaza. The rely on people pulling up and double parking to get groceries.

Posted on: 5/26 17:08
Top


Re: New Tax Rate is Insane!
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
The timing couldn't have been worse - most properties were reassessed at the height of the market


This argument shows a lack of understanding about the revaluation and property taxes. Whether it had been at the height of the market, or bottom, it doesn't matter. If the market had been lower, then the property tax rate would have been higher.

The city needed collect X amount of money.

X = (total value of market) * (tax rate)

If (total value of market) is lower, then (tax rate) has to go up, as X is constant in a revaluation.

The only thing that would make a difference is how different areas stack or compare against each other. The almost four year delay in the reval actually helped DTJC, as that period saw an accelerated increase in valuation in areas outside of DTJC, which translated into properties outside of DTJC getting relative higher levies than they would have 5 years ago.

In any case, the timing matters little. The reval was overdue, and DTJC was in for a HUGE increase regardless of when the reval had been completed. Those who claim the timing was terrible because it is a high market don't understand the issue clearly.



No I completely understand the market - DTJC assessed at the highest values ever with no regard for corresponding drop in market value after taxes double and no guidance moving forward.

Yes it was way overdue and definitely not fair for residents in other words to overpay for years, but also not fair to saddle downtown with absurdly high taxes with no clear plan to reassess more regularly in the future.


They're not "absurdly high taxes"; they're exactly the taxes one should pay for a residence in a particular market. Also, at a rate of 1.62% is still one of the lowest tax RATES in the entire state. Try paying 2.3% or whatever the state average is, on these valuations, then I'd say whoa. But again, there are options: reverse mortgages, the senior freeze, etc.


Are you still going to bang the drum on tax rates? It has been discussed at nauseam. They mean nothing! Here it is again. A town with high market values has a low tax rate. A town with depressed values has a high tax rate! Just imagine if the reval was done 8 years ago. The rate would have been over 2%.

Posted on: 5/23 23:02
Top


Re: Fulop/wife pay cash for Rhode Island home
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


What I take from the article is that outside of NJ you can get waterfront property with taxes 40% less the a condo jersey city.

Posted on: 5/21 14:53
Top


Re: 1800's Grammar School to be torn down in Paulus Hook
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


What is being proposed to be built there?

Posted on: 5/20 8:36
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

thor800 wrote:
the statue is still staying very close to its original location. the uproar over moving it 60 meters away is laughable


I believe the uproar was why and how it was proposed to be moved. A sufficient reason was not stated and it was done underhandedly.

Posted on: 5/15 16:44
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:

"What is not up for debate is Fulops (sic) handling of the situation... outright bigotry on Twitter in the style of Trump.


For Fulop's tweets to be "bigotry", the opinions he's opposed to would have to be legitimate in your view. You're down with holocaust denial and anti-semitism?


Fulop is lying when he says that Speaker of the Polish Senate Stanislaw Karczewski is a Holocaust denier and an anti-semite.

Flat-out lie, meant to raise the stakes and piss everybody off even more.

Had he been a Republican he would have been held accountable. However I doubt he will.

Posted on: 5/10 0:20
Top


Re: NJ Tax Law change today
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Seems like Federal tax law is simply becoming compliant with NJ tax law.

Hypocrisy indeed.



The federal tax change reduces the credit for ALL state and local taxes, and it's slashed it from an unlimited amount (non-AMT) to $10,000. They also reduced the tax benefits of mortgages.

NJ has had the same homeowner tax credit for years, not to mention that state taxes are significantly lower than federal. Oh, and Trenton didn't suddenly cut it in a way that targets Republican-leaning counties.


Wait! Are you now stating that Republican leaning counties pay less property tax? My gosh you might have stumbled on to something. Actually the law if aimed at anything was aimed at bloated taxes. Would it be terrible if the worse thing that came out of this was some belt tightening by spendy demys?

Posted on: 5/7 9:03
Top


Re: NJ Tax Law change today
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
I would love to see this fly but come on! Seriously he calls it divisive and wrong but Nj still caps the deduction at 10k. Really?


The $10k is the new Federal cap on deductions, and NJ is trying to find a way around that. Sure would be nice to still be able to deduct 90% of my taxes above $10k by treating it as a documented "charitable contribution" but my guess is that it's in for a tough legal fight. If it flies there will be another 10+ States all doing the same.


Nj caps the deduction for state income tax at 10k. That is the hypocrisy

Posted on: 5/5 9:06
Top


Re: NJ Tax Law change today
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


I would love to see this fly but come on! Seriously he calls it divisive and wrong but Nj still caps the deduction at 10k. Really?

Posted on: 5/4 16:20
Top


Re: North Korea to release 3 US citizens before meeting with Trump
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

drifterx wrote:
That sounds really convincing, coming from a Trump fan.

What's next? You gonna tell me Trump doesn't pay off porn stars? Rudy just might disagree with you.


Right. Because to you Porn stars are more important than freeing American citizens. Got it! Thanks for reaffirming my point.

Posted on: 5/2 23:52
Top


Re: North Korea to release 3 US citizens before meeting with Trump
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Oh I know perfectly well why it happened. That doesn't change the fact we benefited from it during Obama's administration and he didn't really do anything to hurt that trend. Trump however is causing problems with Iran and that has an effect with oil prices. That's why we are seeing prices we haven't seen since 2014.


Your claim is false. Nice try.

Posted on: 5/2 22:17
Top


Re: North Korea to release 3 US citizens before meeting with Trump
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

drifterx wrote:
What part of MAGA has anything to do with Korea?

In the meantime, the price of gas is going up in guess what? America.

Thanks Trump.


It was Obama who longed for a European gas price structure for the US. Trump on the other hand had condemned the cut back by Opec

Posted on: 5/2 20:57
Top


North Korea to release 3 US citizens before meeting with Trump
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


How is it that any positive accomplishment by President Trump is largely ignored by the so called mainstream media. Remember the fanfare when President Obama traded 5 terrorists for Bergdahl? I do!

Posted on: 5/2 19:15
Top


Re: Prestos Italian in Paulus Hook is now La Côte French/Italian
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


This is terrible news. I wonder if the same family is running it?

Posted on: 4/27 6:18
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 26 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017