Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Fight at Newport Mall Tonight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
'Flash Mob' Of 100 Teens Storm Center City Macy's

http://cbs3.com/local/Center.City.Macys.2.1499306.html

Posted on: 2010/2/17 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
It's unbelievable how so many people misunderstand what the word racist actually means.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 19:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/15 11:24
Group:
Registered Users
A few months back I walked into Brookstone and asked the teenager working there if he had any analog clocks. He had a dumb look on his face and asked "What's Analog?

Posted on: 2010/2/17 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I went to the Newport Theater only once when it first opened and never went back. We would go to Secucsas until Frank?s Theater opened in the South Cove Common in Bayonne.

Frank's Theater

PS- like I said in previous posts... the sane people (the old-timers) of JC go food shopping in the Super (clean, large, bright) Stop & Shop and movie watching in Frank?s Theater in Bayonne. The parking lot holds 100?s of cars. The light rail has a stop right across the highway from the Common.

I also like to support JC businesses but when it comes to my food and my movies..forgetaboutit!!!!

Posted on: 2010/2/17 18:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/26 19:21
Group:
Registered Users
From the parking garage fee to the low-class blacks in there. Everything is wrong with that mall.

Remember years back the 1st time I went there, I saw a black kid dropped a snapple bottle from 3rd floor to the 1st. Just imagine someone's mom, daughter, father or son got nailed with it. That was the first impression of that mall and till this day, it's still shit.

Queens Center Mall in Queens is a urban mall but it's so much nicer and safer there. That's because it doesn't have the low-class blacks....

Either you agree or not, it's the truth.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Quote:

Erica wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

downright wrote:
[quote]What wrong with calling it like you see it? Maybe the politicians have a problem with it, but it doesn't preclude the avg citizen to speak the truth.

I have a problem when people misuse the word racist. It gives racism a bad name and takes the strength out of the content of it's character.

Unbelievably well said!! I whole heartedly agree. Although you may not be a racist, your words, are indeed very much so.

Actually I was aiming for the words not to be racist, whether anyone thinks I am is another story.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Erica wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:
What wrong with calling it like you see it? Maybe the politicians have a problem with it, but it doesn't preclude the avg citizen to speak the truth.

Just doing my best to be politically correct so people don't jump down my throat and throw "racist" around. It's so much easier for people do call others racist rather than addressing the actual problem and admitting the truth.

I have a problem when people misuse the word racist. It gives racism a bad name and takes the strength out of the content of it's character.

When writing anonymously, readers have nothing to judge other than your words. We don?t know how great and generous and compassionate you are in real life if your language doesn?t reflect it. The following are two examples from this thread of careless and hurtful language. I?m not accusing anyone of being intentionally malicious, nor am I claiming to know the inner workings of your heart and mind. I?m suggesting that, if you aren?t malicious and don?t intend harm, thinking carefully about what you write can make sure you aren?t misunderstood.

First, @downright intentionally brought race into the discussion by saying that the people who cause trouble at the mall are ?not white nor Asian. Mostly black.? It would have been fine to note that the specific people involved in a specific incident were black (or white, or teens, or any other factual truth) ? but it crosses a line to move from talking about specifics to generalizing about an entire group. Saying ?I do not like the behavior of some black people? suggests that @downright believes there is something about being black that makes people behave badly. (That may not be what was meant but it?s what your words suggest.)

Second, several comments on this thread referred to the human beings involved in the incident(s) as ?trash? and ?garbage.? There is a long history of using language like this to justify hatred of an entire group or race. Two historic examples are blacks? status in the US as less than fully human to justify enslaving them (you can?t own a human but you can own property ? see the Supreme Court?s Dred Scott decision). And Nazi propaganda under Hitler called Jews ?vermin? as a way to justify exterminating them. I?m NOT suggesting that anyone meant AT ALL to link themselves to either Nazis or slave owners. But when you use the same rhetorical devices that they used, the people reading can think you?re doing it on purpose.

Unbelievably well said!! I whole heartedly agree. Although you may not be a racist, your words, are indeed very much so.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
[quote]
I think when someone acts like an animal, and not a human being, then that person deserves to be treated like an animal, and not a human being. Regardless of race.

That's not fair ! Some races deserve to be treated like animals more than other races...You know as in the Human Race.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
When writing anonymously, readers have nothing to judge other than your words. We don?t know how great and generous and compassionate you are in real life if your language doesn?t reflect it. The following are two examples from this thread of careless and hurtful language. I?m not accusing anyone of being intentionally malicious, nor am I claiming to know the inner workings of your heart and mind. I?m suggesting that, if you aren?t malicious and don?t intend harm, thinking carefully about what you write can make sure you aren?t misunderstood. First, @downright intentionally brought race into the discussion by saying that the people who cause trouble at the mall are ?not white nor Asian. Mostly black.? It would have been fine to note that the specific people involved in a specific incident were black (or white, or teens, or any other factual truth) ? but it crosses a line to move from talking about specifics to generalizing about an entire group. Saying ?I do not like the behavior of some black people? suggests that @downright believes there is something about being black that makes people behave badly. (That may not be what was meant but it?s what your words suggest.) Second, several comments on this thread referred to the human beings involved in the incident(s) as ?trash? and ?garbage.? There is a long history of using language like this to justify hatred of an entire group or race. Two historic examples are blacks? status in the US as less than fully human to justify enslaving them (you can?t own a human but you can own property ? see the Supreme Court?s Dred Scott decision). And Nazi propaganda under Hitler called Jews ?vermin? as a way to justify exterminating them. I?m NOT suggesting that anyone meant AT ALL to link themselves to either Nazis or slave owners. But when you use the same rhetorical devices that they used, the people reading can think you?re doing it on purpose.

I think when someone acts like an animal, and not a human being, then that person deserves to be treated like an animal, and not a human being.

Regardless of race.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Erica wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:
What wrong with calling it like you see it? Maybe the politicians have a problem with it, but it doesn't preclude the avg citizen to speak the truth.

Just doing my best to be politically correct so people don't jump down my throat and throw "racist" around. It's so much easier for people do call others racist rather than addressing the actual problem and admitting the truth.

Two historic examples are blacks? status in the US as less than fully human to justify enslaving them (you can?t own a human but you can own property ? see the Supreme Court?s Dred Scott decision).

Wow, you really had to take it there and blow sh*t totally out of proportion. Don't fret! No one wants to enslave these d-bags. The average 750 sq ft condo in JC is reserved for useful property, like furniture!

Posted on: 2010/2/17 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:

When writing anonymously, readers have nothing to judge other than your words. We don?t know how great and generous and compassionate you are in real life if your language doesn?t reflect it. The following are two examples from this thread of careless and hurtful language. I?m not accusing anyone of being intentionally malicious, nor am I claiming to know the inner workings of your heart and mind. I?m suggesting that, if you aren?t malicious and don?t intend harm, thinking carefully about what you write can make sure you aren?t misunderstood.

First, @downright intentionally brought race into the discussion by saying that the people who cause trouble at the mall are ?not white nor Asian. Mostly black.? It would have been fine to note that the specific people involved in a specific incident were black (or white, or teens, or any other factual truth) ? but it crosses a line to move from talking about specifics to generalizing about an entire group. Saying ?I do not like the behavior of some black people? suggests that @downright believes there is something about being black that makes people behave badly. (That may not be what was meant but it?s what your words suggest.)

Second, several comments on this thread referred to the human beings involved in the incident(s) as ?trash? and ?garbage.? There is a long history of using language like this to justify hatred of an entire group or race. Two historic examples are blacks? status in the US as less than fully human to justify enslaving them (you can?t own a human but you can own property ? see the Supreme Court?s Dred Scott decision). And Nazi propaganda under Hitler called Jews ?vermin? as a way to justify exterminating them. I?m NOT suggesting that anyone meant AT ALL to link themselves to either Nazis or slave owners. But when you use the same rhetorical devices that they used, the people reading can think you?re doing it on purpose.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2010/2/17 16:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:

Mistake#1, You shouldn't care what others think or percieve your comments if you feel thats the truth and not being malicious.

The Avg person doesn't have to cater to the public like the politicians in order to get their meal ticket.

What you stated is what the majority of people witness and think regardless of race, &creed, so don't sweat your comments.

I've spent the better part of the last 25 years going to this mall on and off and can see with my eyes who the trouble makers are, that doesn't mean that the entire race is that way, but with regards to the Nwpt mall, they happen to be the ones creating chaos!

Posted on: 2010/2/17 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
What you see at Newport is ghetto trash not because they are black, but because they are dumb and poor.

Game. Set. Match.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Was anyone arrested?

Posted on: 2010/2/17 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I used to work at the Laura Mercier counter at Saks in Short Hills Mall. We had plenty of minority clientele, all super classy people. Matter of fact, Lauren Hill once bought every shade of lipstick at the Armani counter. Robinson Cano used to shop there and actually dated one of the girls in my department.
What you see at Newport is ghetto trash not because they are black, but because they are dumb and poor. Lower socio-economic status tends to breed this sort of behavior. I never shopped there and now I don't have to, because Bridgewater mall is right around the corner. Unfortunately, had to sit through a really annoying fight between a couple during the "devils rejects" at Newport theatre. All kinds of name-calling, teeth sucking, finger snapping and other hostilities that an "urban romance" entails.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
It is a racist comment, you have a problem with how black people act, that's not stereotypical? aye dios mio

If I said that all black people act horribly, then yes, that would be stereotypical.

If I said I do not like black people, then yes that would be racist.

However, I said neither.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
There are a few places where I would not use the theaters--Newport Mall is one and Secaucus is the other (in Secaucus the quality was bad). Now secaucus has a new theater I will try out soon. Edgewater crowds are nice. The quality of the films and cleanliness aren't too bad, but it depends on who is managing that day/night.

I do go to the Macy's at Newport Mall but only during the week and it is fine then as far as crowds and such. My main problem is there are some ladies who yell in the dressing rooms at the top of thier lungs for us to hang up our clothes and place them on the rack if we are not buying them. They are loud and obnoxious. Also, while I am sure they don't get paid enough, I am paying. I don't go there to work. If I have a few items that's okay but if I am shopping for the season I would be exhausted, especially since they keep the heat up too high all year round. I have written to Macy's management and corporation and recieve a form letter back. So like others I go to Short Hills where I always have good experiences and selection. Too bad because I really want to support Jersey City places.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:

It is a racist comment, you have a problem with how black people act, that's not stereotypical?

aye dios mio

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:
I agree - I have been to the mall and movies numerous times, although I avoid any movie theater on weekends, the weekdays I have gone there it is quiet and never had a problem. Also never had a problem in the mall itself either... nor have I ever seen it being trashy I don't know I don't need Short Hills mall to impress me. We do live in an urban area and we have all types of people that live here, we cannot be the cookie cutter Short Hills mall, that will never happen.

I don't quite understand when you write that "We do live in an urban area and we have all types of people that live here." No one is complaining about the types of people that frequent the mall. We are only complaining about the behavior of these people.

With that being said, most of the people who's behavior I have a problem with are not white nor asian. Mostly black.

Now let's not misinterpret. I'm not saying I don't like black people. I am saying that I do not like the behavior of some black people.

What wrong with calling it like you see it?
Maybe the politicians have a problem with it, but it doesn't preclude the avg citizen to speak the truth.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I agree - I have been to the mall and movies numerous times, although I avoid any movie theater on weekends, the weekdays I have gone there it is quiet and never had a problem. Also never had a problem in the mall itself either... nor have I ever seen it being trashy I don't know I don't need Short Hills mall to impress me. We do live in an urban area and we have all types of people that live here, we cannot be the cookie cutter Short Hills mall, that will never happen.

I don't quite understand when you write that "We do live in an urban area and we have all types of people that live here." No one is complaining about the types of people that frequent the mall. We are only complaining about the behavior of these people.

With that being said, most of the people who's behavior I have a problem with are not white nor asian. Mostly black.

Now let's not misinterpret. I'm not saying I don't like black people. I am saying that I do not like the behavior of some black people.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

checkersFries wrote:
i happen to frequent the mall alot and have so for a good decade of my life and never had a bad experience there

i dont appreciate ppl disrespecting the mall itself

and the ghetto trash ppl comment is out of bounds

I agree -

I have been to the mall and movies numerous times, although I avoid any movie theater on weekends, the weekdays I have gone there it is quiet and never had a problem. Also never had a problem in the mall itself either... nor have I ever seen it being trashy I don't know I don't need Short Hills mall to impress me. We do live in an urban area and we have all types of people that live here, we cannot be the cookie cutter Short Hills mall, that will never happen.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
CheckerFries said:
Quote:

Please... As others have said, that place is just awful. Newport Mall is 90% trash and 10% OK. Indeed, the place has improved over the past three years (new stores like Sephora and AX are welcome additions) but the people frequenting that mall make it completely unappealing to go there.

As others have said, I avoid the place like the plague. I much rather trek all the way to Short Hills or Riverside Square. I also prefer to avoid Garden State Plaza, as it is generally overrun on weekends. When going to the movies, I will drive to Jersey Gardens (new theater, clean and generally less crowded) or the new Kerasotes theater in Secaucus. Against my better judgment, I have gone to the Newport Mall movie theater on three occasions, and all were simply terrible. The first time, a broken AC made watching an entire movie an ordeal. The second time had to endure people talking (to each other, and on cell phones) while the third time was more of the same (people talking on cell phones, people texting, people talking...)

After three years of living in JC, I have been to the mall maybe ten times, or less. I always come away regretting my decision to go there.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
It's an urban mall - surprise!

Anyone been to Atlantic Yards Mall in Brooklyn? haha

Keep in mind one of the anchor stores is Pay/half.

Regardless of the BS - I think it's a great food court. I love the Indian and Mediterranean places - both are pretty good. I think there is a little too much 'general tso and bourbon chicken,' but I dont go to those places. I love the food court for recovering from a hangover.

Our Macy's is fantastic - they have some of the best diversity in clothing of any I have been to. I go there a lot.

The mall is pretty indicative of our community - some good and great mixed with some bad.

It's true, I like the food court there too (when it's not overrun by teens). My favorite spots are the Taste of India and the Mongolian BBQ places. Like I said earlier, I only go there for lunch during the week.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 15:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Like one of the previous posters stated, "Its an urban mall"
best message to send Simon properties is to just avoid it if one doesn't want to deal with some of the trash that frequents it.

Its definatley not the only mall in the entire state!

Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

checkersFries wrote:
i happen to frequent the mall alot and have so for a good decade of my life and never had a bad experience there

And that is because you are probably friends with some of those teens. Weren't you the one trying to promote your buddy Necro on here once?

Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's an urban mall - surprise!

Anyone been to Atlantic Yards Mall in Brooklyn? haha

Keep in mind one of the anchor stores is Pay/half.

Regardless of the BS - I think it's a great food court. I love the Indian and Mediterranean places - both are pretty good. I think there is a little too much 'general tso and bourbon chicken,' but I dont go to those places. I love the food court for recovering from a hangover.

Our Macy's is fantastic - they have some of the best diversity in clothing of any I have been to. I go there a lot.

The mall is pretty indicative of our community - some good and great mixed with some bad.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

checkersFries wrote:

If the shoe fits......

I go out of my way to avoid the newport mall like it's the plague. I don't even like to drive by it. I like to to view the mall as a vortex of bad karma, that attracts everything wrong with Jersey City.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 12:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/1 23:25
From JSQ
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/2/16 10:44

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact