Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Leaving Jersey City Troll List
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RabbitRabbit2019 wrote:
At least I kept you all entertained
When did they let you out! How are you my furry friend?

Posted on: 2018/12/12 21:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/31 3:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
At least I kept you all entertained

Posted on: 2018/12/10 16:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/31 3:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
FYI - I was the first to be booted. Returning just to clarify. ????

Posted on: 2018/12/10 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
oooh burn!

Posted on: 2018/11/26 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Does anyone miss fat-ass-biker? No, me either.
I haven?t seen doloshiti post his opinion as facts on here in a while either. It does seem to be Yvonne vs. the world with dr. Nick the moron leading the way. No idea why that guy has to be so foul. I don?t think people understand the concept of a forum. Does anyone care if jclist disappears?
There must be a JC mommy board on FB where the more reasonable posters can post their opinions as fact. Also neighborhood.com is a perfect place for people who love to narc on their neighbors!
Jclist should go on vacation for a few months.

You're calling people names like "doloshiti" and I'm the one that's so incredibly foul? Funny how the conservative snowflakes and NA members can't stand to see their matriarch receive any of the criticism she rightfully deserves and ignore her OCD regarding the mayor and blaming every worldwide problem on GLBT. She has almost as much influence as an elected official, has single-handedly scuttled sensible parking regulations screwing over the residents of PH, and has forced the city into wasting tons of money on pointless lawsuits to stop development and most recently almost forced the city to waste 300k of YOUR money on a pointless vote for a statue. If some harsh words on an anonymous forum are the worst she gets, she should consider herself lucky.

Posted on: 2018/11/24 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
If you're nostalgic about old posts you may be able to view them here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://jclist.com/

It's a pretty cool site.*/

Posted on: 2018/11/24 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
The battles with the HP dog people who were against constructing a dog run because they considered the entirety of the park their dog run were epic. Now it's just oral history, like the Trojan War.

Played out again with Morris Canal. Was Nyrgravy9 Leonidas?

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29786

Posted on: 2018/11/24 8:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone miss fat-ass-biker? No, me either.
I haven?t seen doloshiti post his opinion as facts on here in a while either. It does seem to be Yvonne vs. the world with dr. Nick the moron leading the way. No idea why that guy has to be so foul. I don?t think people understand the concept of a forum. Does anyone care if jclist disappears?
There must be a JC mommy board on FB where the more reasonable posters can post their opinions as fact. Also neighborhood.com is a perfect place for people who love to narc on their neighbors!
Jclist should go on vacation for a few months.

Posted on: 2018/11/23 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

when I joined, Rabbit-Rabbit was the main antagonist.

I too miss alb.

Rabbit is the one I was thinking about, not non. Rabbit was almost definitely the first one to get booted and the precursor to dark jclist times -)

Posted on: 2018/11/21 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
After years of using this site to connect with neighbors and find out what is going on in my neighborhood, I am leaving. This site has become nothing but a forum for angry trolls and a mean spirited webmaster. I find Nextdoor Paulus Hook to be what I had thought this site was supposed to be. Hope to see you all on a kinder more informed site. See ya.

Says the guy who happily sent me insulting PM?s, lol.

Says the guy who is easily one of the top three reasons this site is dying.

Sayeth a snowflake.

way to illustrate T-bird's point.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Nondowntown was eventually replaced by an equally prolific blowhard who is still around, sometimes I think it might be the same person, but other details differ too much.

Similarly, sometimes I think nick_riviera might be Vigilante based on his rabid anti-neighbourhood-association vitriol, but again too many differences, and Vigilante always had an element of sophistication and humour underneath his aggression.

Remember the Australian with the yellow avatar?

alb with her slightly kooky posts on anything school related.

Who else would be in the Jclist hall of fame?

Robin.

when I joined, Rabbit-Rabbit was the main antagonist.

I too miss alb.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Nondowntown was eventually replaced by an equally prolific blowhard who is still around, sometimes I think it might be the same person, but other details differ too much.

Similarly, sometimes I think nick_riviera might be Vigilante based on his rabid anti-neighbourhood-association vitriol, but again too many differences, and Vigilante always had an element of sophistication and humour underneath his aggression.

Robin.

I'm fairly certain that non was the first person ever booted from the list, or possibly his SO. Those were the, uh, formative days of this list and the webmaster struggled with whether or not to boot him for the longest time. After that, booting became an addiction and the list became vanilla.

I miss alb.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Makes me sad that the archives of those days are gone, every time a Nimby rears their ugly head I'd love to be able to link to the hysterical predictions of the coming Home Depot causing a traffic apocalypse. The battles with the HP dog people who were against constructing a dog run because they considered the entirety of the park their dog run were epic. Now it's just oral history, like the Trojan War.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProdigalSon wrote:
Remember the days of NON. Ahh that was the best. I don't think he lives in JC anymore.

Yikes, I was trying to remember his handle. My nemesis, haha. Remember the epic battles between NON and almost everyone, especially the webmaster?

I think mentioning wiredjc was a reason I got booted once. I was kicked off here twice. I was a member of wiredjc early on but haven't visited for a long time.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Remember the days of NON. Ahh that was the best. I don't think he lives in JC anymore.

Posted on: 2018/11/19 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Many of the original posters are on www.wiredjc.com. I don't like the Yvonne vs. Anti-Yvonne posts either. It's just sad. But I appreciate the dialogue on certain issues so that I can hear different opinions.

Posted on: 2018/11/19 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I can?t help but think of the early more fun and civil days when the list was in its infancy. Some may remember the JCList meetups for drinks or food and even a boat ride with the webmaster. There was probably a half dozen of those meetups. There were seemingly dozens of posts every day. Unfortunately, the good ol? days gradually ceased to be as more people joined and things got nasty. There were several mass exoduses or a cleansing by the webmaster. I was booted for reasons I don?t remember but determined to stay on as this place was the only game in town. Sigh.

Posted on: 2018/11/17 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

penclfactory wrote:
I can't say I disagree. I certainly haven't posted here a ton, but have lurked/read for years. It's become almost exclusively Yvonne/anti-Yvonne, right wing shills and those that defend them, and reposting of NJ.com stories. I don't love nextdoor either, but there's more actual information there, as well as JCupfront and Jersey City Eats - without the mean spiritid-ness and name-calling. Don't get me wrong, I love snark, but it hasn't even been fun snark lately. I'm not leaving, but this certainly isn't anywhere near as informative and community oriented as it used to be.

Very nicely said and probably expressive of what most readers and posters feel when visiting this site. You can express your concerns to the webmaster (as I have done in the past) and he will step up and speak to it, but the fault lies with the very few antagonistic know it alls who express themselves in sometimes small, mean posts.
They know who they are and so do the people who just want to engage in insightful discussion with others.

I would hazard a guess that outside the forum they're not nice people to begin with.

Does anyone remember that old saying: if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything?

Silence in response to a bigot or name caller is the most effective of tools to stop them in their tracks.

I do hope that the forum continues and grows, but without the hateful spew from the few.

Posted on: 2018/11/17 13:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/13 22:03
From see profile name
Group:
Registered Users
I can't say I disagree. I certainly haven't posted here a ton, but have lurked/read for years. It's become almost exclusively Yvonne/anti-Yvonne, right wing shills and those that defend them, and reposting of NJ.com stories. I don't love nextdoor either, but there's more actual information there, as well as JCupfront and Jersey City Eats - without the mean spiritid-ness and name-calling. Don't get me wrong, I love snark, but it hasn't even been fun snark lately. I'm not leaving, but this certainly isn't anywhere near as informative and community oriented as it used to be.

Posted on: 2018/11/17 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
After years of using this site to connect with neighbors and find out what is going on in my neighborhood, I am leaving. This site has become nothing but a forum for angry trolls and a mean spirited webmaster. I find Nextdoor Paulus Hook to be what I had thought this site was supposed to be. Hope to see you all on a kinder more informed site. See ya.

Sayeth a snowflake.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:

Posted on: 2018/11/16 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:

Posted on: 2018/11/16 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
However, I must confess that I just can't figure out how people have the time to contribute their voices thousands and thousands of times. There's a poster here with over nine thousand contributions.

Do the math--it's incredible.

Depends on when they joined. I have over 5k, but it averages to once a day over 14 years.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:

Even with the vitriol, sniping and backbiting which appears from certain posters I still find postings of interest and displays of knowledge about goings on.

However, I must confess that I just can't figure out how people have the time to contribute their voices thousands and thousands of times. There's a poster here with over nine thousand contributions.

Do the math--it's incredible.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I just looked and there's a "New" tab that lists them in reverse chronological order. I don't see any gaming.

I'm just recently exploring it, it lists new topics but does not list topics by new posts like every forum software out there, and inside a topic, even if you hit "NEW" it still threads it, so you can't just see what the new posts are. It's playing the same popularity and social media acceleration games that FB does, making the "hottest" most voted up posts most visible. I remember back on the old Digg how gaming that by logrolling was brought to a fine art.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Meh., As you say Robin no great loss, and this site is obviously dying anyway. Sad thing is I hate the formats of both Nextdoor and Reddit. The former is too primitive for extended threads and hard to read, the latter can't simply list the newest posts without trying to gamify it. I don't do FB.

I just looked and there's a "New" tab that lists them in reverse chronological order. I don't see any gaming.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
I don't recall you ever posting.

Six posts in the last three years, we won't be losing a prolific contributor.

Robin.

What a silly statement. My participation has decreased to almost nothing due to the mean-spiritedness of this list.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Meh., As you say Robin no great loss, and this site is obviously dying anyway. Sad thing is I hate the formats of both Nextdoor and Reddit. The former is too primitive for extended threads and hard to read, the latter can't simply list the newest posts without trying to gamify it. I don't do FB.

Posted on: 2018/11/15 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I don't recall you ever posting.

Six posts in the last three years, we won't be losing a prolific contributor.

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/11/15 23:22

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017