Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 42

terrencemcd, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (JCman24)




Re: I've seen pre-construction sales but this is ridiculous! 323 7th St
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:

A broken clock isn't actually correct, because it isn't actually working. It never accurately tells you the real time, because even if it's busted at 10:20, and the time is 10:20, you can't rely on the clock to be informing you that it is, in fact, 10:20 when you happen to be looking at it.


That's the entire point of the saying, you dolt.

1) Insults like that are uncalled for, and do not help you make your point.

2) Since you obviously missed it: Brewster used the cliche to suggest that predictions of imminent real estate doom in DT JC are justified, even if they wrong over and over and over again, because eventually someone who makes that prediction will be "right." I'm pointing out that isn't the case.

E.g. If you rub two stones together and say "this will make it rain tomorrow" every single day, then you are still not correct on the day that it inevitably rains.

So, if you exit a real estate market 3+ years before there is a crash, based on a poor predictor (e.g. a few properties whose price is absurd), you may pay a steeper price than exiting shortly after property prices increase by 25% per year. And even if you miraculously exit the market at the perfect time, that still doesn't prove that your "indicator" actually works.

Get it?


Breathe.

Posted on: Yesterday 14:34
Top


Re: I've seen pre-construction sales but this is ridiculous! 323 7th St
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:

A broken clock isn't actually correct, because it isn't actually working. It never accurately tells you the real time, because even if it's busted at 10:20, and the time is 10:20, you can't rely on the clock to be informing you that it is, in fact, 10:20 when you happen to be looking at it.


That's the entire point of the saying, you dolt.

Posted on: 8/15 21:22
Top


Re: I've seen pre-construction sales but this is ridiculous! 323 7th St
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


A broken clock etc.

Posted on: 8/14 23:30
Top


Re: I've seen pre-construction sales but this is ridiculous! 323 7th St
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
why is this a bubble? please explain.


There's lots of signs. One is this kind of pre-construction sale where the seller is trying to get it sold while the market is still hot, and the buyers often think they can make money just holding the property with the downpayment till completion and then they can flip it for profit in a double closing. Another is the GRM of these properties, the rent/purchase ratio. This place would have to rent for $18k a month to make sense as a rental, so who in their truly right mind wants to own it?


Is there a restriction on turning this place into a multi-unit building? Looking at zillow, there are a lot of buildings in the $1m range in the neighborhood that haven't moved despite being listed for months. I just don't see a market for a $1.8m mini-mansion around here.

Posted on: 8/13 23:59
Top


Re: Do you recommend particular Roofer?
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
just curious? is there a reason why people don't seem to use metal or plastic/pvc roofing? are they a lot more expensive?


PVC was a lot more expensive than bitumen. After putting a white coating on the bitumen, I didn't see an advantage using PVC.

If I ever do new construction with a pitched roof, I plan to look at kynar coated steel. I have seen them used where houses get exposed to some pretty brutal winds, ice, hail, etc....


Capitol gave me a 25 year warranty for PVC vs. 10 years for bitumen. The cost difference was small enough to justify PVC.

Posted on: 8/2 20:32
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Did you also know Jersey City's water does not contain fluoride? There are probably countless preventable cavities in peoples' teeth. Yvonne, what do you think?

Posted on: 8/1 16:56
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Did you know Jersey City's water was the first in the entire world to be chlorinated?

https://safedrinkingwaterdotcom.wordpr ... al-hero-of-public-health/

Posted on: 7/31 20:18
Top


Re: Constant High Pitch Whine/Drone DTJC
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


It's the HVAC unit on top of McNair. Walk down 7th or 8th where the employee parking lot is and you'll hear it. I can hear it with my windows closed.

Posted on: 7/25 19:17
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


All credit to Yvonne for bringing this wonderful opportunity to the public's attention. Thank you Yvonne!

Posted on: 7/18 13:23
Top


Re: Boonton Reservoir
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


The reservoir is filled by the Rockaway River and its tributaries, all of which have massive exposure to any recreational activity that the reservoir would see. The water is filtered and sanitized in Boonton before it enters the aqueduct.

Open the reservoir!

Posted on: 7/16 19:11
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


It's hilarious watching people throw global historical facts at Yvonne and *every single time* she responds with some decades-old provincial local bullshit that nobody cares about. Yvonne's world doesn't extend past whatever Jersey City's borders were in 1972. Stop rewarding her with responses, even if it's high entertainment.

Posted on: 7/12 23:17
Top


Re: Plastic bag bans coming to Hoboken, Jersey City
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

MDM wrote:
So basically, anything related to waste is in my morning news feed.


This website is a good place to start your day, then. *sad trombone sound*

But seriously, is the site of the project going to be in NJ?

Posted on: 6/29 11:34
Top


Re: Plastic bag bans coming to Hoboken, Jersey City
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jc201jc wrote:
i know you can recycle plastic water bottles, but i dont think you can recycle plastic bags right?


You can, but the problem is that plastic waste in the United States just isn't being recycled anymore. China decided to stop accepting foreign plastic for recycling and the US doesn't have the infrastructure to handle the waste, so basically everything you put in your recycling bin is winding up in the landfill anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/cli ... fills-plastic-papers.html

Posted on: 6/29 10:43
Top


Re: Donald Trump Solidifies World Peace
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Good *lord* you guys are thirsty for a win, aren't you.

Posted on: 6/12 11:53
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

ActionDan wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Time is everything in a fire. Years ago, the fire union, yes union, gave a talk about safety for their men. In that talk, the most important issue was time. After a fire starts burning, it is a matter of time before a fire explodes which is deadly for fire fighters. Removing barrier or a loss of time add to this problem.


I honestly don't understand why you post things like this.


During the first phase of the plaza, she was going on and on about how ambulances wouldn't be able to get to the medical center anymore and everyone would die. That hasn't been the case but she refuses to acknowledge it. It's Yvonne, what do you expect?

Posted on: 6/6 16:07
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

we are in P&K every other day. they're our go-to grocer. we will really feel their absence if they close.


Ugh, that would be super depressing. This is going to be one of those neighborhoods where regular stores that sell normal things that people need won't be able to exist. Food desert here we come!

Posted on: 5/29 23:26
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
My wife just informed by the owners that P&K food market will close due to the pedestrian plaza. The rely on people pulling up and double parking to get groceries.


It maybe seems premature to decide that, no? When I'm there it's full of people who just got off the train. I rarely see people pulling up and going in to P&K. They usually go into the chicken place or the pharmacy.

Posted on: 5/26 17:17
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Cluster fuck traffic nightmare today around this area.

The initial closed off street was nice and quaint for the needy in
DTJC but closing the additional streets was a schmucky decision.



The traffic is because Erie is closed for construction between 1st and 2nd. Everyone is forced out to Grove and beyond. The traffic on Newark hasn't been heavy at all since the first plaza went in.

Posted on: 5/25 18:50
Top


Re: JC Topless ban, sex toy restrictions may be history
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
It's legal to go topless in NYC and there are no problems.


New York City is not JC, in fact I have read on this blog about the cultural shock. JC has a higher crime rate per population than NYC. Actually, JC has 1/32 the population of NYC so I am familiar with the numbers.


What are you even talking about?

Posted on: 5/23 16:56
Top


Re: JC Topless ban, sex toy restrictions may be history
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Nori wrote:
Yvonne is right. I hate to admit this.

As long as girls keep their breasts covered, I'm fine. But once they are exposed you might as well change the name from Jersey City to Rape City. How are people going to control themselves?!


I can't tell if you're joking or not!

Posted on: 5/23 16:55
Top


Re: JC Topless ban, sex toy restrictions may be history
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


It's legal to go topless in NYC and there are no problems.

Posted on: 5/23 16:10
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Sorry, I'm not seeing how having cars driving down the road would have any effect on the number of drunk people wandering around. What's the connection?

Posted on: 5/23 14:17
Top


Re: Fulop/wife pay cash for Rhode Island home
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


This is shocking. I can't believe the seller waited an entire year to lower the price a little bit.

Posted on: 5/21 18:32
Top


Re: Deeded Roof question
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

animalrelated wrote:
My neighbor added central AC and put their compressor on the roof. Didn't affect me at all.


My next door neighbor has a compressor on their roof and I can hear it very clearly when I'm trying to go to sleep if I don't have my AC on.

Posted on: 5/14 16:55
Top


Re: Deeded Roof question
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Is there a backyard space? There's no reason the compressor *needs* to go on the roof. Avoiding the situation may be best.

Posted on: 5/13 20:34
Top


Re: New Utility poles?
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


And before anyone complains about the poles ruining the historic character of our neighborhoods, the poles are in fact consistent with our prevailing period architecture.

Resized Image

Posted on: 5/9 16:08
Top


Re: New Utility poles?
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


It's a reliability upgrade and will supplement existing infrastructure, not replace it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.psegtransmission.com/relia ... itiative/town/jersey-city

Jersey City
Reliability Project Overview:

PSE&G is currently conducting statewide electric reliability improvements to its utility infrastructure. These enhancements will improve both electric service reliability and system redundancy to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers. Throughout the state of New Jersey, PSE&G infrastructure upgrades will reduce the demand on the existing 26kV network. The projects will install 69kV transmission circuits connecting PSE&G stations around the state.

Activity Overview:

• Two new 69kV circuits will be routed through Jersey City originating from the Kearny Switching Station in Kearny, N.J. and ultimately connecting to the Penhorn Substation in Jersey City as well as the Madison Substation in Hoboken.
• Construction of both of these circuits began in the first (1st) quarter of 2018.
• This portion of project will be completed by fourth (4th) quarter 2018.
• PSE&G will work with the necessary county / city police authorities to minimize traffic impacts.

Posted on: 5/9 16:06
Top


Re: JC golf course seeks to expand into Liberty State Park
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Those aren't ducks, they're coots.

Posted on: 5/5 21:31
Top


Re: Washing a car in your driveway?
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Thank you although I know exactly what they are. The point is they drain to the river during rain events, which is why the car washing in driveways was not recommended.


Who the hell washes their car while it's raining?

Posted on: 5/2 12:59
Top


Re: Washing a car in your driveway?
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
I saw that PDF in my searching. Looks like they frown on it, but it's not illegal to do it.


"Rain washes pollutants into storm drains which
flows directly into our streams, lakes,
rivers and the ocean."

We don't have storm drains. So unless you wash it during a storm when the sewers are overflowing, you're good.


We don't have storm drains? WHAT? There's one on, like, every corner.


They're called storm drains, but they go directly to the regular old sewer. That's why every corner smells like a toilet.

Here's a little primer:

Resized Image

Posted on: 5/1 18:55
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 15 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017