Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Chris Christie expected formally end presidential bid today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
It sure looks like CC is a political dead man walking in NJ from here on. The NJ GOP are not the kind supporting Trump. Kinda sad to peak so early in his career, he's only 53 and Trump is not going to win the White House. Wonder if he'll pull a Palin and resign to pursue "greener" pastures while he still has name recognition. Fox News?

Can't speak for the NJ GOP elite, but Trump is wildly popular among NJ GOP voters. Completely crushes in the polls.

I thought his support was low among college educated non-evangelicals. I guess the NJ GOP is stupider than I thought.

Big difference between the lies spouted by the mass media and reality. His support is high among all demographics.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
It sure looks like CC is a political dead man walking in NJ from here on. The NJ GOP are not the kind supporting Trump. Kinda sad to peak so early in his career, he's only 53 and Trump is not going to win the White House. Wonder if he'll pull a Palin and resign to pursue "greener" pastures while he still has name recognition. Fox News?

Can't speak for the NJ GOP elite, but Trump is wildly popular among NJ GOP voters. Completely crushes in the polls.

I thought his support was low among college educated non-evangelicals. I guess the NJ GOP is stupider than I thought.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/2 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2016/3/2 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Political prostitution at its finest.

'Hey Donald, have you ever been with a fat man?' - CC

And then that Sansa Stark moment when Christie knew he's fucked.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
imo, trump was gonna win big with or without christie's endorsement.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Resized Image

Ever stand next to a really fat person? they have trouble wiping.

Christie has that pained look because of the odors wafting from his massiveness.

Licking at Trump's britches for any type of position anyway from a NJ governorship.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
6 'fed up' N.J. newspapers call on Christie to resign

By Matt Arco | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 02, 2016 at 7:15 AM, updated March 02, 2016 at 7:57 AM
TRENTON ? Outraged over Gov. Chris Christie's "arrogance" and "fed up" with him, six New Jersey newspapers Tuesday called on the governor to resign.

The news outlets, all Gannett-owned papers, issued a joint editorial on the heels of Christie's surprise endorsement of Republican front-runner Donald Trump and his most recent snub of the state's press corps...

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... ml#incart_most-readhudson

Posted on: 2016/3/2 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/us/ ... ytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0

?I could not in good conscience vote for Trump under any circumstance,? said Blake Lichty, 33, a Republican who worked in the George W. Bush administration and now lives near Atlanta.

?If this becomes the Trump Party,? he added, ?we?re going to lose a lot of people.?

?History is repeating itself,? said the historian Richard Norton Smith. ?The party changed then as permanently and profoundly as can be in politics, effectively becoming two parties."

Posted on: 2016/3/2 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
An amazing night for Trump and for this country. Christie certainly didn't look very happy, but I'm sure he will grow more comfortable in this new role.

Try actually watching Trump's speech tonight, as opposed to the snippets the mass media runs with. You'll find that he looked very Presidential.

Martin Sheen, Morgan Freeman and Harrison Ford have all looked very Presidential, too. Whoop de damn do.

The only thing that is becoming more certain with each passing Trump victory is the likelihood of a President Hillary - and that's the real tragedy in all of this.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
White, poor and uneducated older males are having a big orgasm with their candidate. Let them have fun. I am just enjoying the shit show.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 10:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
An amazing night for Trump and for this country. Christie certainly didn't look very happy, but I'm sure he will grow more comfortable in this new role.

Try actually watching Trump's speech tonight, as opposed to the snippets the mass media runs with. You'll find that he looked very Presidential.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/3/2 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
trump must have promised christie the vp position, that's the only reason i can think of that makes christie follow him around like a lost puppy.

so much for the tough guy prosecutor...now he's trump's little puppy to be kicked around on live tv.

so sad...

To be honest, Trump has my vote for getting strongman Christie to be his ..... besty.

:D

Posted on: 2016/3/2 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
trump must have promised christie the vp position, that's the only reason i can think of that makes christie follow him around like a lost puppy.

so much for the tough guy prosecutor...now he's trump's little puppy to be kicked around on live tv.

so sad...

Posted on: 2016/3/2 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Christie looks very nervous standing behind Trump. Hahaha

Trump on businesses relocating from the US to overseas: "Businesses used to move from New jersey to someplace else Chris [Christie shakes head frantically]. But not that many people are leaving New Jersey."

Why IS Christie standing behind him? Trump just embarrassed him on live television. Way to show your appreciation for Christie recanting all his beliefs and previously held positions in order to be a spineless toad. It's almost as if The Donald can smell a lousy parasite trying to leech onto his coat tails and he doesn't respect that kind of behavior...

Is Trump stringing Christie along with a VP tease only to kick him to the curb and humiliate him? If so, I might even vote for the guy....

This is too much. The best comedic writers in the world could not have come up with a script this perfect.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChrisChristie?src=hash&lang=en

Posted on: 2016/3/2 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Trump on businesses relocating from the US to overseas: "Businesses used to move from New jersey to someplace else Chris [Christie shakes head frantically]. But not that many people are leaving New Jersey."

Why IS Christie standing behind him? Trump just embarrassed him on live television. Way to show your appreciation for Christie recanting all his beliefs and previously held positions in order to be a spineless toad. It's almost as if The Donald can smell a lousy parasite trying to leech onto his coat tails and he doesn't respect that kind of behavior...

Is Trump stringing Christie along with a VP tease only to kick him to the curb and humiliate him? If so, I might even vote for the guy....

Posted on: 2016/3/2 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/2 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Huh? The endorsement and his performance on Stephanopoulos are all that needs to be said. Sorry if that doesn't fit your snappy narrative, Chief.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

Chris Christie is now ruined

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/r ... s-christie-is-now-ruined/

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Wow - hard to believe how quickly he has unraveled. This is a great cautionary tale to what can happen to overly-ambitious politicians hellbent on the next rung on the ladder... (see also: WEINER, Anthony; SPITZER, Eliot; EDWARDS, John)

They surround themselves with enablers eager for the fast ride to the top and after a while there's no one around them who will tell them the truth.

Hard to believe how some gullible people are so quick to lap up as truth anything they see in an editorial column!

Posted on: 2016/3/1 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

Wow - hard to believe how quickly he has unraveled. This is a great cautionary tale to what can happen to overly-ambitious politicians hellbent on the next rung on the ladder... (see also: WEINER, Anthony; SPITZER, Eliot; EDWARDS, John)

They surround themselves with enablers eager for the fast ride to the top and after a while there's no one around them who will tell them the truth.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03 ... ment-220017#ixzz41gL1oDNV

Newspaper that endorsed Christie: 'Boy, were we wrong'

?Rather than standing up to the bully, Christie bent his knee,? he wrote. ?In doing so, he rejected the very principles of his campaign that attracted our support.?

Posted on: 2016/3/1 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/1 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Former Gov. Christie Whitman denounced Trump's "hate mongering and racism" and said last week that she intends to vote for Hillary Clinton if it comes to that.

Megan McArdle, a columnist at Bloomberg, found that many lifelong Republicans will do the same.

"I am a loyal party man," one told her. "But I will not be taken hostage by a racist xenophobe. If it comes down to Trump vs. Clinton I will vote my conscience."

The most scorching slam-down of Christie came from Meg Whitman, the CEO of Hewlett Packard who served as co-chair of his national finance team. She called the endorsement "an astonishing display of political opportunism."

And then she twisted the knife: "I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter."

More

Oh, cool. I was wondering who Christie Whitman was going to vote for -__________-

Posted on: 2016/3/1 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Former Gov. Christie Whitman denounced Trump's "hate mongering and racism" and said last week that she intends to vote for Hillary Clinton if it comes to that.

Megan McArdle, a columnist at Bloomberg, found that many lifelong Republicans will do the same.

"I am a loyal party man," one told her. "But I will not be taken hostage by a racist xenophobe. If it comes down to Trump vs. Clinton I will vote my conscience."

The most scorching slam-down of Christie came from Meg Whitman, the CEO of Hewlett Packard who served as co-chair of his national finance team. She called the endorsement "an astonishing display of political opportunism."

And then she twisted the knife: "I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter."

More

Posted on: 2016/3/1 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
What "radical left"? Hillary is a centrist.

She spent 36 years working in government. Saying she isn't qualified would be the equivalent of saying nobody is ever qualified. It's an argument only a person completely ignoring facts would make.

This election is a "fact free zone", if you haven't noticed. And as the Right has gotten off the deep end, the goalposts for "left" have been moving for decades. Hillary is to the right of Nixon on most things.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Nope, no experience at all aside from chairing various committees in the Arkansas state government for about about 10 years. Then while her husband was president, she chaired task forces inside the federal government for the next 8 years. After this, she ran for Senate from New York and won, serving for 8 years. While Senator, she served on five different committees. After that she was U.S. Secretary of State...

You're right, over three decades working in government... No qualifications!

It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with her politics and her message. Saying she's vindictive (name a politician that isn't) and has no convictions (name a politician that isn't) is just a crap argument.

Donald Trump is the leading candidate for the Republicans and he's gone back and forth on healthcare, abortion, taxes.

Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee last time around and he flipped healthcare and abortion as well.
you gotta love the radical left defending their radical queen. gosh, even michelle obama would make a better president than hillary clinton! but then again, we'd have to make sure michelle didn't go appointing barry to the supreme court

What "radical left"? Hillary is a centrist.

She spent 36 years working in government. Saying she isn't qualified would be the equivalent of saying nobody is ever qualified. It's an argument only a person completely ignoring facts would make.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:56
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Nope, no experience at all aside from chairing various committees in the Arkansas state government for about about 10 years. Then while her husband was president, she chaired task forces inside the federal government for the next 8 years. After this, she ran for Senate from New York and won, serving for 8 years. While Senator, she served on five different committees. After that she was U.S. Secretary of State...

You're right, over three decades working in government... No qualifications!

It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with her politics and her message. Saying she's vindictive (name a politician that isn't) and has no convictions (name a politician that isn't) is just a crap argument.

Donald Trump is the leading candidate for the Republicans and he's gone back and forth on healthcare, abortion, taxes.

Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee last time around and he flipped healthcare and abortion as well.
you gotta love the radical left defending their radical queen. gosh, even michelle obama would make a better president than hillary clinton! but then again, we'd have to make sure michelle didn't go appointing barry to the supreme court

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
meanwhile...

Lawyers overcharged state $2.8M in Bridgegate inquiry, legislators say

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... 62#cmpid=nsltr_strybutton

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Perfect example of bad condenising of threads: Christie dropping out is separate from his joining Trump. Yes, they are related but different. Webmaster, please be less heavy handed. In fact, I think more threads would benefit the site which has been in decline now for several years.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 15:16

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017