Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Chris Christie expected formally end presidential bid today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Nope, no experience at all aside from chairing various committees in the Arkansas state government for about about 10 years. Then while her husband was president, she chaired task forces inside the federal government for the next 8 years. After this, she ran for Senate from New York and won, serving for 8 years. While Senator, she served on five different committees. After that she was U.S. Secretary of State...

You're right, over three decades working in government... No qualifications!

It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with her politics and her message. Saying she's vindictive (name a politician that isn't) and has no convictions (name a politician that isn't) is just a crap argument.

Donald Trump is the leading candidate for the Republicans and he's gone back and forth on healthcare, abortion, taxes.

Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee last time around and he flipped healthcare and abortion as well.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 14:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i agree. would-be queen clinton has no real world experience.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Please anyone name a Hillary accomplishment. How is she qualified to be president? She is a liar vindictive has no convictions and constantly changes her positions. Even when black lives matter confronted her she had no response. She had to be counciled before she can speak.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Sen. Lindsey Graham has done the best job at articulating the GOP's embrace of Donald Trump:

"My party has gone batshit crazy."

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Christie just endorsed Trump.

Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/02/ ... f-he-wins-the-nomination/

Posted on: 2016/2/29 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
He is a politician that made a deal. Spare me the outrage. When he was running against Trump he was painting him as a terrible candidate and now he sells him as America's best option (which, he is). Can't say this bothers me at all.

i can't wait to see who cruz and rubio end up supporting!

Posted on: 2016/2/29 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
He is a politician that made a deal. Spare me the outrage. When he was running against Trump he was painting him as a terrible candidate and now he sells him as America's best option (which, he is). Can't say this bothers me at all.

America's best option for what...?

(I swallowed water wrong laughing at anyone thinking Trump is "good" option for dog walker, let alone president.)

Posted on: 2016/2/29 20:10
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/2/29 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/a ... -christie-edition/471378/

These are some of the things Christie had said about Trump before doing 180 and endorsed him:

?Showtime is over. We are not electing an entertainer-in-chief. Showmanship is fun, but it is not the kind of leadership that will truly change America.???Chris Christie in a speech earlier this year

?He has not the first idea of how to run a government, not the first idea,? Christie said of Trump on Feb. 7 in Hampton, New Hampshire, when he urged voters to ?get off the Trump train before it?s too late.?

So was he lying then or is he lying now? He is truly a pathetic person.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Christie is an even bigger prick now for selling out. He likely did make a deal with Trump.

I may be paraphrasing - "A bridge-blocker endorses a wall-builder" - Katrina vanden Heuvel

Puts me in mind of the Tom Lehrer lyric "a man whose allegiance is ruled by expedience".

Let look on the bright side, CC is no crazy ideolog. His own interest is his only belief system.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Christie did Trump a big favor by endorsing him right before Super Tuesday, opening the floodgates for other politicians to endorse him.

Definitely setting himself up for some nice rewards down the pike if Trump wins. Smart man.

Christie is an even bigger prick now for selling out. He likely did make a deal with Trump.

I may be paraphrasing - "A bridge-blocker endorses a wall-builder" - Katrina vanden Heuvel

You are paraphrasing but got the quote wrong:

"I'm sure those grapes are sour; I didn't want them anyway!" - Aesop

Posted on: 2016/2/29 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Christie did Trump a big favor by endorsing him right before Super Tuesday, opening the floodgates for other politicians to endorse him.

Definitely setting himself up for some nice rewards down the pike if Trump wins. Smart man.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/2/29 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Christie, choosing to demonstrate that he's a fraud without morals, flies out to Texas in order to support Trump. It was about two weeks ago when Christie said Trump wasn't fit to be president and Trump's positions haven't changed in the slightest.

Christie, who loves playing the bully, shows that once a bully is punched in the mouth they just become a weak punk. This is clearly demonstrated by Christie bowing down to Trump and then Trump telling him to just get off stage and go home.

I look forward to seeing more of the petulant child's antics while trying to bully his way through press conferences again...
win at all costs!

Posted on: 2016/2/29 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Christie, choosing to demonstrate that he's a fraud without morals, flies out to Texas in order to support Trump. It was about two weeks ago when Christie said Trump wasn't fit to be president and Trump's positions haven't changed in the slightest.

Christie, who loves playing the bully, shows that once a bully is punched in the mouth they just become a weak punk. This is clearly demonstrated by Christie bowing down to Trump and then Trump telling him to just get off stage and go home.

I look forward to seeing more of the petulant child's antics while trying to bully his way through press conferences again...

Posted on: 2016/2/29 15:31
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Back to Christie we have the confirmation of his really not wanting to be back to Joysey...

No kidding. He's apparently in Texas now. I'm so glad he can do his job from 1,000 miles away.

No wonder Monroe is the last person left in NJ defending this guy.

I guess some feel that no politician should run for a higher office, as doing so will take them away from their current job. Does that count for Obama supporters-I guess running for POTUS while being a Senator shouldn't have been permitted? Or perhaps Governor Bill Clinton should not have been allowed to run for President either?

Or we should write a law saying that politicians cannot stump for other politicians. Maybe we can start with Mayor Fulop spending time supporting, say, Ras Baraka?

Posted on: 2016/2/27 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Back to Christie we have the confirmation of his really not wanting to be back to Joysey...

No kidding. He's apparently in Texas now. I'm so glad he can do his job from 1,000 miles away.

No wonder Monroe is the last person left in NJ defending this guy.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
RIP, Chris Christie.

I'll be quite happy with Governor Christie in charge of Homeland Security (as opposed to when Mayor Fulop's BFF McGreevey put his closeted gay, foreign lover into that post for NJ)!

Why would Hillary ever appoint Christie to anything? That makes no sense.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 12:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It was McGreevey who was closeted, not his (he wished) lover... Back to Christie we have the confirmation of his really not wanting to be back to Joysey... I guess he got scared of the idea of ending among us all in Jersey City. And..., as we have seen with Trump on twitter, the aggravation one can put there is so much better than the one one should expect on jclist.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
RIP, Chris Christie.

I'll be quite happy with Governor Christie in charge of Homeland Security (as opposed to when Mayor Fulop's BFF McGreevey put his closeted gay, foreign lover into that post for NJ)!

Posted on: 2016/2/26 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
RIP, Chris Christie.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/p ... -pan-christie-endorsement

"New lesson kids: sometimes, the best option for the fat kid is to just hand his lunch money over to the bully!"

Posted on: 2016/2/26 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Donald Trump - racist, sexist, xenophobe. Perfect candidate for the GOP.

Considering these buzzwords used to actually mean something, but have been misappropriated by the Left for political purposes/power (when was the last time you heard of a Dem politican accused of any of these things?), I welcome a Trump general election. Moderates will show the left that they don't buy the BS they are selling.

Yes, silly me. Racism, sexism and xenophobia no longer exist in this country. Interesting poll though in South Carolina showed that 20% of Trump supporters thought that slavery should never have been abolished. And of course those thousands of Muslims who celebrated in Jersey City on 9-11 are still floating around.

You do know that poll had a tiny sample, conducted by a British company that specializes in Internet polls. I'll bet if I polled Hillary or Bernie supporters that more than 20% would not know that it was the Republican Party that abolished slavery, and that it was Democrats who started the KKK . . .

Except that would be acceptable confusion given the fact that the KKK is making calls for Trump and the GOP has been courted racists for a good few decades now. Just look up the thread at our resident racist JCMan8. He isn't close to knowing what a Democrat is, let alone finding one on a ballot!

Posted on: 2016/2/26 21:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

Considering these buzzwords used to actually mean something, but have been misappropriated by the Left for political purposes/power (when was the last time you heard of a Dem politican accused of any of these things?), I welcome a Trump general election. Moderates will show the left that they don't buy the BS they are selling.

Yes, silly me. Racism, sexism and xenophobia no longer exist in this country. Interesting poll though in South Carolina showed that 20% of Trump supporters thought that slavery should never have been abolished. And of course those thousands of Muslims who celebrated in Jersey City on 9-11 are still floating around.

You do know that poll had a tiny sample, conducted by a British company that specializes in Internet polls. I'll bet if I polled Hillary or Bernie supporters that more than 20% would not know that it was the Republican Party that abolished slavery, and that it was Democrats who started the KKK . . .

Posted on: 2016/2/26 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

While they do exist, they've never been at lower levels in the history of our country. But to hear the far left tell it, things have never been worse for minorities!

It's a bunch of BS employed for political power but it's failing.

Minority groups see how the left really doesn't care about them; Democrats pretend to care just to get votes. If you want to see true racism, watch how a group of "progressives" reacts to a black Republican, such as Ben Carson or Clarence Thomas!

Posted on: 2016/2/26 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
7 times Chris Christie suggested Donald Trump shouldn't be president

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-go ... dent-219864#ixzz41Imy5uIl

?We do not need reality TV in the Oval Office right now,? he said. ?President of the United States is not a place for an entertainer.?

And now he thinks Trump is his guy? Does he even have a principle?

Posted on: 2016/2/26 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump and Calls Marco Rubio ‘Desperate'

The New York Times

Updated, 1:54 p.m. | Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey endorsed Donald J. Trump on Friday, a major turn in a wild race and one that gives the New York businessman a major boost as he heads into the pivotal “Super Tuesday” contests.

Mr. Christie was a candidate for president himself until he came in sixth place in New Hampshire’s primary. Seeing his political career facing an abrupt conclusion after his failed presidential campaign, he expressed his anger Friday at Senator Marco Rubio, whom he was said to be upset with, blaming the “super PAC” backing the Florida senator for halting his momentum in New Hampshire with a string of slash-and-burn ads.

The endorsement came a day after Mr. Rubio, in a withering debate performance, turned his guns on Mr. Trump for the first time, and followed up with his attacks on Friday morning, calling Mr. Trump a “con artist.”

Read more:  http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first ... dorses-donald-trump/?_r=0

Posted on: 2016/2/26 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

Of course you welcome Trump. You are a racist!

Posted on: 2016/2/26 19:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

Posted on: 2016/2/26 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Sen. Lindsey Graham has done the best job at articulating the GOP's embrace of Donald Trump:

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

It is, without a doubt, uncharted territory. I am not sure there is much precedent for a candidacy like Trump's. Whereas Perot sought the GOP nomination in 92 as anti-establishment outsider, he ultimately ran as a third party candidate. And, he was nowhere near as polarizing a figure. With Trump, his momentum is such, that I think many politician will flock to him for fear of missing out and out of selfish reason and hopes of personal gain and influence. By comparison, Rubio (despite my indifference/dislike towards him) could rally support from the establishment and is somewhat charismatic, but he is definitely a bit of a snore. I don't see how this plays out well for the party, but sooner or later they will either find a way to get Rubio to be a true contender against Trump, or they will have to make peace with the fact that Trump will be their candidate and try to get him elected. Already, there are threats of splinter groups such as "Republicans for Hillary" and other such craziness. Without a doubt, 2016 will be a CRAZY year. I guess the absolute best thing that the GOP could hope for is a Bernie Sanders candidacy, as I just don't think the country at large will vote for an unabashed, self declared socialist. But, hey... it is 2016. Nothing is making much sense right now.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2016/2/26 18:03

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?