Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#57
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 760
Offline
It is an incredibly stupid and unrealistic goal. And not planning for cars, traffic and parking just makes a city less appealing. Sure, they can remove traffic from certain areas (as most cities on the list do and assuming they consider the infrastructure issues) but to just waive your hand and say some useless platitude such as "people should use their cars less" is a pointless endeavor.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Valiant effort Diva, but look at the list again. Many cities that are totally car free have less than 1000 people in them. For larger cities, car free zones are relegated to a few streets. Aren't they already doing something similar in the Newark Ave/Grove plaza?

As someone who lives downtown and needs a car to go play hockey in other cities, etc., being completely car free is far from feasible. At least for a city our size. But I get the intent and agree with it on some points.

Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


Well obviously these cities (worldwide) have no idea what they are doing. Let's buy a few more cars so we can add more parking, less green space, add more pollution, cause more traffic issues etc

Yvonne, we are trying to bring/keep JC in the 21st century, not regress to the mid 50s and 60s.

Just for your record - here's a list of car free cities/area world wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_car-free_places

Posted on: 2014/7/31 16:29
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#56
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 760
Offline
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


huh...
I can't wait for there to be less parking and hopefully cars in JC. You're living in the past, lady. Times have changed.


I have no idea what this means. Do people teleport places now or something? Leave home less? Is public transportation any less mediocre than it used to be?

Posted on: 2014/7/31 16:25
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#55
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Yesterday 17:50
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5124
Offline
People visit JC for two 3 reasons: #1-It is cheaper to stay here than NYC, we are a hotel route. #2- Some travel to visit Liberty State Park and the Science Center, parking is available there. # A small number do research at the main library. Over a century ago, people did travel to JC especially to visit the urban parks. I have historical postcards with comments from the visitors who saw Van Vorst Park, Hamilton Park, and Lincoln Park. Those visitors stayed at the hotel on Jersey and Montgomery Streets, now a condo. Now visitors are shopping Indian Square, I see out of state license plates there. Some people park their car at the White Castle parking lot which is closeby, their cars are removed by management. More people would visit Indian Square if parking was available.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 16:20
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#54
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Valiant effort Diva, but look at the list again. Many cities that are totally car free have less than 1000 people in them. For larger cities, car free zones are relegated to a few streets. Aren't they already doing something similar in the Newark Ave/Grove plaza?

As someone who lives downtown and needs a car to go play hockey in other cities, etc., being completely car free is far from feasible. At least for a city our size. But I get the intent and agree with it on some points.

Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


Well obviously these cities (worldwide) have no idea what they are doing. Let's buy a few more cars so we can add more parking, less green space, add more pollution, cause more traffic issues etc

Yvonne, we are trying to bring/keep JC in the 21st century, not regress to the mid 50s and 60s.

Just for your record - here's a list of car free cities/area world wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_car-free_places

Posted on: 2014/7/31 15:59
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#53
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Ok, "lawyer", i did as you suggested and had another look at the blog.
Of 100 posts over a third are directly about the author, her dance class, what she's wearing etc. The posts that aren't directly about her contain numerous references to and photos of her.
She cannot construct sentences and she cannot spell. She thinks a medal is called a "metal", who gets to that age and doesn't know that?
All of the posts contain an egregious amount of photos of her.
She has tried to set herself up as some sort of local celebrity, it has zero to do with Jersey City and everything to do with her and her self-promotion and ultimately her attempts to monetize her writing.
But please, let me know why you think it is so fantastic. Perhaps you discovered little known, out of the way JC businesses such as, er, barcade or the Hamilton Inn. Or maybe your interest in art was piqued by interviewing everyone who walks through the door at 660 studios, 7 posts so far. Perhaps it is the constant refrain of "awesome" or the gratuitous use of exclamation marks, up to 40 in each post !!!!!

But please, Immigration Lawyer, let us hear in your own words why you think this blog is great and why you're so keen to promote it at every given opportunity. Try and do it without calling people names.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 15:57
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#52
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2895
Offline
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.


Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.


Great lawyer, asserts I am angry, old and a turd with no evidence.
Please inform me why you think the illiterate ramblings of a self-obsessed, self-promoting and, quite frankly, badly dressed woman counts as civic pride.
The entire blog is about her, not Jersey City.



1. Your screen name starts with "Old". That's a fact.
2. You have stated that a blog about Jersey City, that largely focuses on young artists and businesses of Jersey City, is awful, so I would assume you're an "angry" person if something like that equates to awful to you.
3. Finishing it off with "turd" gave it a nice jingle. I guess you're right, I don't have strong evidence that you're in fact a "turd".

Many of the posts are about her, but an even larger number are about the thriving arts, culture and small business scene in Jersey City. Revisit the blog and the posts.


Oh please- no one in JC is taking that blog seriously unless you are an already struggling business who is desperate for ANY kind of free promotion. Her blog is an excuse to post a thousand photos of herself with JC as a backdrop. There's a reason there aren't that many "JC Fashion Bloggers"- because it's just as ridiculous as it sounds! She's not exposing any arts and culture that anyone who lives here doesn't already know about (and sorry but unless you live in JC you aren't going to find our "thriving" arts and culture scene all that interesting compared to other cities). It's just an excuse for her to fill up her MEMEMEMEME blog. It's embarrassing to have someone who presumably just moved here try to promote JC via ~*fashion blog/vanity project*~.


Since you mentioned it, I looked at his posts and he does link to that random blog a lot. He's probably going out with that girl or is friends with her and trying to do her a favor and increase her web traffic.

But it's really not a big deal. I would just ignore it.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 15:40
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#51
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/31 14:55
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 128
Offline
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.


Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.


Great lawyer, asserts I am angry, old and a turd with no evidence.
Please inform me why you think the illiterate ramblings of a self-obsessed, self-promoting and, quite frankly, badly dressed woman counts as civic pride.
The entire blog is about her, not Jersey City.



1. Your screen name starts with "Old". That's a fact.
2. You have stated that a blog about Jersey City, that largely focuses on young artists and businesses of Jersey City, is awful, so I would assume you're an "angry" person if something like that equates to awful to you.
3. Finishing it off with "turd" gave it a nice jingle. I guess you're right, I don't have strong evidence that you're in fact a "turd".

Many of the posts are about her, but an even larger number are about the thriving arts, culture and small business scene in Jersey City. Revisit the blog and the posts.


Oh please- no one in JC is taking that blog seriously unless you are an already struggling business who is desperate for ANY kind of free promotion. Her blog is an excuse to post a thousand photos of herself with JC as a backdrop. There's a reason there aren't that many "JC Fashion Bloggers"- because it's just as ridiculous as it sounds! She's not exposing any arts and culture that anyone who lives here doesn't already know about (and sorry but unless you live in JC you aren't going to find our "thriving" arts and culture scene all that interesting compared to other cities). It's just an excuse for her to fill up her MEMEMEMEME blog. It's embarrassing to have someone who presumably just moved here try to promote JC via ~*fashion blog/vanity project*~.


Wow, you're really passionate about hating the blog (free shill opportunity - http://www.chicpeajc.com/) and chasing me around jclist for my "shilling". I hope you also use that passion in a positive way, instead of just espousing negativity and criticism.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 15:23
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#50
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/11/16 21:43
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 60
Offline
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.


Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.


Great lawyer, asserts I am angry, old and a turd with no evidence.
Please inform me why you think the illiterate ramblings of a self-obsessed, self-promoting and, quite frankly, badly dressed woman counts as civic pride.
The entire blog is about her, not Jersey City.



1. Your screen name starts with "Old". That's a fact.
2. You have stated that a blog about Jersey City, that largely focuses on young artists and businesses of Jersey City, is awful, so I would assume you're an "angry" person if something like that equates to awful to you.
3. Finishing it off with "turd" gave it a nice jingle. I guess you're right, I don't have strong evidence that you're in fact a "turd".

Many of the posts are about her, but an even larger number are about the thriving arts, culture and small business scene in Jersey City. Revisit the blog and the posts.


Oh please- no one in JC is taking that blog seriously unless you are an already struggling business who is desperate for ANY kind of free promotion. Her blog is an excuse to post a thousand photos of herself with JC as a backdrop. There's a reason there aren't that many "JC Fashion Bloggers"- because it's just as ridiculous as it sounds! She's not exposing any arts and culture that anyone who lives here doesn't already know about (and sorry but unless you live in JC you aren't going to find our "thriving" arts and culture scene all that interesting compared to other cities). It's just an excuse for her to fill up her MEMEMEMEME blog. It's embarrassing to have someone who presumably just moved here try to promote JC via ~*fashion blog/vanity project*~.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 15:00
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#49
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/8/15 21:22
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 426
Offline
reliable efficient frequent public transit (PATH, Bus, HLBRT, etc), or UBER if one is car dependent (has aversion to bikes or public transportation); and bikes make our city more sustainable. Whenever I visit cities in Europe, I rent a bike and go to museums, bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. It's quite easy. You should try it Yvonne.


http://www.dac.dk/en/dac-cities/susta ... kes-and-buses-fewer-cars/

http://latintrade.com/2014/03/wef-sus ... s-depends-on-urban-design

Posted on: 2014/7/31 14:43
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3743
Offline
Everyone, please stop feeding the troll.

It has been documented on this site (by myself, and others) the incredible amount of parking lots all over downtown. Parking lots that are open to the public (not private, or reserved) and which are close to the three downtown PATH stations. Most of these lots are half empty (half full?) during the day. So much so, that they compete (downward) on price. You can park in most lots for $10 for an entire day.


Posted on: 2014/7/31 14:35
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#47
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/5/7 21:02
Last Login :
2019/2/14 19:09
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 123
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


Well obviously these cities (worldwide) have no idea what they are doing. Let's buy a few more cars so we can add more parking, less green space, add more pollution, cause more traffic issues etc

Yvonne, we are trying to bring/keep JC in the 21st century, not regress to the mid 50s and 60s.

Just for your record - here's a list of car free cities/area world wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_car-free_places

Posted on: 2014/7/31 14:33
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#46
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/19 1:18
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1578
Offline
Most of the garages downtown along the river are half full during the day. There is plenty of parking, people just don't want to pay for it.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 14:19
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#45
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/31 14:55
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 128
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Because I said we need more parking in JC for tourist makes me an angry person? Boy, you are some lawyer and I definitely hope you never become a judge. The fact is NYC which is a destination city has plenty of parking garages plus the subway. If JC wants to be serious about tourism, it must have garages. I disagree with the statement that JC have enough parking. We are reading on this site, people asking if there is parking available somewhere and these people live here.


haha wtf are you talking about? I never said you're angry. My last post wasn't in reply to you. Are you and "Old-Skool-JC" the same person?! Old-Skool-JC did just post his/her first post yesterday, yet he/she did seem fairly acquainted with prior activity in the board....hmmm.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 14:12
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Yesterday 17:50
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5124
Offline
Because I said we need more parking in JC for tourist makes me an angry person? Boy, you are some lawyer and I definitely hope you never become a judge. The fact is NYC which is a destination city has plenty of parking garages plus the subway. If JC wants to be serious about tourism, it must have garages. I disagree with the statement that JC have enough parking. We are reading on this site, people asking if there is parking available somewhere and these people live here.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 14:06
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#43
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/31 14:55
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 128
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.


Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.


Great lawyer, asserts I am angry, old and a turd with no evidence.
Please inform me why you think the illiterate ramblings of a self-obsessed, self-promoting and, quite frankly, badly dressed woman counts as civic pride.
The entire blog is about her, not Jersey City.



1. Your screen name starts with "Old". That's a fact.
2. You have stated that a blog about Jersey City, that largely focuses on young artists and businesses of Jersey City, is awful, so I would assume you're an "angry" person if something like that equates to awful to you.
3. Finishing it off with "turd" gave it a nice jingle. I guess you're right, I don't have strong evidence that you're in fact a "turd".

Many of the posts are about her, but an even larger number are about the thriving arts, culture and small business scene in Jersey City. Revisit the blog and the posts.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 13:59
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#42
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.


Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.


Great lawyer, asserts I am angry, old and a turd with no evidence.
Please inform me why you think the illiterate ramblings of a self-obsessed, self-promoting and, quite frankly, badly dressed woman counts as civic pride.
The entire blog is about her, not Jersey City.


Posted on: 2014/7/31 13:47
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#41
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/22 20:28
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 729
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


JC has more than enough parking for visitors. They can use one of the many unfilled parking decks.

I honestly don't understand why you live in a city. You obviously dislike just about everything that makes a city a city.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 13:36
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#40
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4440
Offline
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


huh...
I can't wait for there to be less parking and hopefully cars in JC. You're living in the past, lady. Times have changed.


JC is in the most densely populated state in the USA. Once you get outside the metropolitan bubble, yes, cars are essential and normal. That won't change.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 13:36
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#39
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/31 14:55
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 128
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.


huh...
I can't wait for there to be less parking and hopefully cars in JC. You're living in the past, lady. Times have changed.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 13:28
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#38
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Yesterday 17:50
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5124
Offline
I have been to many cities in the USA, my husband and I travel by car. Every place we visited had parking available including restaurants, stores, parks, museums, etc. The lack of parking lots will hurt JC, tourists do not travel by bikes.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 13:08
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#37
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/4/15 4:43
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 678
Offline
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Jersey City could become the best mid-sized city in America by decriminalizing marijuana use. And if everyone wore nametags.


You left out a Red Light District around the new casino


Red Light District? Who needs one when there's Craigslist?

Posted on: 2014/7/31 11:40
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 12:07
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Jersey City could become the best mid-sized city in America by decriminalizing marijuana use. And if everyone wore nametags.


You left out a Red Light District around the new casino

Posted on: 2014/7/31 11:29
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#35
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/5/23 1:27
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 90
Offline
There seems to be a lot of pride from long term (or bnb) jersey city folk, and I know why I like it here, but I'd be interested in hearing why the lifers like it. Is diversity and hard-working people the gist? Is there more? (No sarcasm, very interested).

Posted on: 2014/7/31 4:48
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#34
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/9/9 11:06
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Posts: 371
Offline
Jersey City could become the best mid-sized city in America by decriminalizing marijuana use. And if everyone wore nametags.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 2:15
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#33
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/31 14:55
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 128
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.


Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 1:56
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 760
Offline
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
look, there is plenty of pride in JC. Those of us who grew up here remember a much different city before we were saved by the"suburbanites" who moved in and saved us. That pride still exist in neighborhoods like hudson city, the west side neighborhoods and Greenville. The city is a diverse, hard working city, with people who still care about the city. And most residents are proud of the how the city rebounded and how its being rebuilt. If you look for crap, your find it, if you look for pride, your find it!


So in other words, the crappiest parts of the city are undeservedly the most proud?

Posted on: 2014/7/31 1:51
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.


This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 18:42
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/1/10 22:45
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 161
Offline
look, there is plenty of pride in JC. Those of us who grew up here remember a much different city before we were saved by the"suburbanites" who moved in and saved us. That pride still exist in neighborhoods like hudson city, the west side neighborhoods and Greenville. The city is a diverse, hard working city, with people who still care about the city. And most residents are proud of the how the city rebounded and how its being rebuilt. If you look for crap, your find it, if you look for pride, your find it!

Posted on: 2014/7/30 18:18
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/1/10 22:45
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 161
Offline
I couldn't agree with you more. Who talks that way. Oh, a suburban, wall street type who is pretending to be a city guy!! please, space me the spin coming out of the Mayors office!!

Posted on: 2014/7/30 18:07
 Top 


Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 760
Offline
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Now, as to what the city needs I have to say the role of parks isn't mentioned nearly enough. There are no equivalents to Central, Riverside or Prospect Parks. We keep adding more people but no additional green space. We have the embankment standing idle and such, but while much effort is being spent on green lighting new development, nothing is being done to move the ball on green space. Then there's the infrastructure, including both public transport and roads. Our current situation isn't cutting it and we're just piling in more people. Agree on stores, though really I'd be happy to chop the list down to just Whole Foods.

Oh, also annoyed that people here are so intolerant of offleash dogs. Not that this has ever stopped me or anything.


There are a lot of great parks in JC. Liberty State Park (LSP) is absolutely gorgeous and literally steps away. The only thing I would change about LSP is the GORGEOUS abandoned railway station. They need to revamp that and make it into a restaurant or some sort of venue that can host concerts or something. It may just be a little economic stimulus for the area.

As for dogs, people need to pick up after their pets.


Sorry, but I used to live near one of the large NYC parks and you can't compare. Half of LSP is fenced off including much of what could be called wilderness. There are few wooded trails at all. You can't compare to the Rambles of Central Park or northern parts of Riverside. Plus the parks closed at 1am.

As to picking up after pets, no one (hopefully) will disagree with that one. But in NYC parks they allowed off leash after 9pm and before 9am. Though I have to admit I added that comment more to prod some of the crazy folks here that go nuts over this issue.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 17:56
 Top 




« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017