Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fracas in Hamilton Park dog run this past Sunday
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
how people forget when they were teenagers. omg yes they typically stay out past your 10 o'clock bedtime. yes, they typically make a mess. don't you remember that your mom cleaned up your room. yes, they are loud. yes, they wear clothes that you wouldn't be caught dead in. that's teenagers and some of you may have one in a few years.

i'm glad how the park turned out with the basketball courts, tennis courts, dog runs, and playground. you know that sounds to me like a park...

hope your pup gets better.

peace out...from this "thug"

Beautifully put and exactly the issue. You'll find a lot of criticism against kids and teens in the park from those who either don't have kids, or forgot what it was like to be one. To understand that the kids on the courts are just that, kids, is something that eludes so many.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:

I am, however, amused that a fist fight broke out in the dog run, and nobody can take that away from me.

People were yelling at each other, so it wasn't a fight.
Actually, one can say that the first dog bite took place in the dog run, which is why we have dog runs and leash laws.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 10:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/29 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
get the impression that Vig got cut from the basketball team at school

Posted on: 2010/9/22 7:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
how people forget when they were teenagers. omg yes they typically stay out past your 10 o'clock bedtime. yes, they typically make a mess. don't you remember that your mom cleaned up your room. yes, they are loud. yes, they wear clothes that you wouldn't be caught dead in. that's teenagers and some of you may have one in a few years.

i'm glad how the park turned out with the basketball courts, tennis courts, dog runs, and playground. you know that sounds to me like a park...

You lost us at "omg". Don't try so hard. I cleaned my own room. That's kind of the problem here. The "inner city" teenagers are more spoiled than most it seems. No accountability. Let them do whatever they want because they're under-privileged. I call bullsh*t on that. Let them take their f***ing basketball and late-night nonsense and stick it. If me or my friends pulled that crap when we were kids the neighbors would've called us out right away. Such a stupid and permissive attitude around here. It takes a village of idiots I guess.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 5:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/9/22 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The first and only fight in HP - and it's in the DOG RUN. The peaceful, crime-fighting, non-littering, annointed DOG RUN!

This made my day!

Really??? You sound happy that a little puppy got bitten.

Its pretty obvious that Vigilante has his own agenda. He is concerned about himself and his own dog/s, so if you have something to say to him, you can limit it to him and his dogs.

There are a lot of parents who have dogs as well, and we would like to keep our children AND our dogs safe. That sentiment doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

No, I do not sound like I am happy that a little puppy got bitten. I feel quite sorry for the puppy in fact, and hope he doesn't grow up to be a bull-y dog.

I am, however, amused that a fist fight broke out in the dog run, and nobody can take that away from me.

Even if there was never a fist-fight.

Man, you really are obsessed with dogs.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The first and only fight in HP - and it's in the DOG RUN. The peaceful, crime-fighting, non-littering, annointed DOG RUN!

This made my day!

Its pretty obvious that Vigilante has his own agenda. He is concerned about himself and his own dog/s, so if you have something to say to him, you can limit it to him and his dogs.

There are a lot of parents who have dogs as well, and we would like to keep our children AND our dogs safe. That sentiment doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

No, I do not sound like I am happy that a little puppy got bitten. I feel quite sorry for the puppy in fact, and hope he doesn't grow up to be a bull-y dog.

Even if there was never a fist-fight.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This made my day!

Posted on: 2010/9/22 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:
icechute wrote: Quote:
kfern wrote: He is a 4 month old Goldendoodle.... Finally, 3 basketball players came over and somehow got the dog off of mine.
1. "Goldendoodle". A dog with a name like that is just asking to be attacked. 2. I love the fact that 3 of the often referred to "basketball thugs" came to the aid of the "peaceful, crime-fighting, non-littering" "Dog People". Irony at it's best!
At about 4:20 min/sec into this video kfern will recognize one of the "basketball thugs" who came to his aid that icechute mentions. Ironically he is advocating for the removal of the basketball court. A person who likes basketball but understands what a detriment to the neighborhood that court has become. Need I say more?

Posted on: 2010/9/22 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
i am waiting for this thread to deteriorate ... we have all the right ingredients: the basket ball court, the conflict between the loving "dogparents" and the overprotecting "human parents," the free access to hamilton park, the hidden agendas, and the usual course of complaints on jclist ...

Posted on: 2010/9/21 21:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
Sad to hear about the dog. But this is why dogs should only be off leash in dog runs!!! Figure I'd throw that in there.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 18:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/26 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This made my day!

Posted on: 2010/9/21 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
so lets hear more about the fight.

was it basketball thugs against dog walkers?

stroller moms vs both?

Posted on: 2010/9/21 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Quote:

downright wrote:
This happened Sunday morning. The basketball thugs don't come out until late at night.

Please don't ruin this for me.

Sorry, just being truthful. I hate the basketball court because it is noisy. I usually don't give a damn who plays. But in general, the people who play late at night are younger and much much much louder and more annoying than the people who play in the mornings and afternoons. You can call them thugs I guess, but for the most part, they are just teens being teens, i.e., inconsiderate pricks.

If this dog fight took place late at night, no one from the basketball court would have assisted.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

downright wrote:
This happened Sunday morning. The basketball thugs don't come out until late at night.

Please don't ruin this for me.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Quote:

kfern wrote:
He is a 4 month old Goldendoodle....

Finally, 3 basketball players came over and somehow got the dog off of mine.

1. "Goldendoodle". A dog with a name like that is just asking to be attacked.

2. I love the fact that 3 of the often referred to "basketball thugs" came to the aid of the "peaceful, crime-fighting, non-littering" "Dog People".

Irony at it's best!

Posted on: 2010/9/21 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

kfern wrote:
He is a 4 month old Goldendoodle....

Finally, 3 basketball players came over and somehow got the dog off of mine.

1. "Goldendoodle". A dog with a name like that is just asking to be attacked.

2. I love the fact that 3 of the often referred to "basketball thugs" came to the aid of the "peaceful, crime-fighting, non-littering" "Dog People".

Irony at it's best!

Posted on: 2010/9/21 13:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 3:16
Group:
Registered Users
batman doesn't always play by the rules. he is a dark knight, after all.

vigilante's the same way.

the rules don't apply to him because he and his blue healer put the bad guys away a few times, eight years ago. he and his dog are the eyes, ears, nose, lips, and lipstick of hamiton park

Posted on: 2010/9/21 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
^^

You know, vigilantes are supposed to help enforce the law, not let their decrepit dogs piss all over it.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This made my day!

You're a queer one. I've seen at least 3 fights on the basketball court. Besides, no one has to clean up after the dog walkers. Meanwhile the addition of 3 garbage cans has hardly made a dent in the littering around the BB court. Not that I really care about the dog-runs, I run my dogs throughout the rest of the park.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 0:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/21 16:22
Group:
Registered Users
It was my dog who was attacked. He is a 4 month old Goldendoodle who happened to be on his back while another friendly dog was sniffing him. Then, the Boston Terrier came up and after a second clamped down on my dog's ear - completely unprovoked. It went on for several minutes. Many people were trying to get the Boston Terrier off of my dog, and at least 2 people (3 including me) were bit in the process (the Boston Terrier was biting people, not my Goldendoodle.) Finally, 3 basketball players came over and somehow got the dog off of mine. I took off right afterwards to get my dog to the vet, but as I was walking away I heard the beginnings of the fight referenced in the original post. I wish I could have stuck around to make sure the Boston Terrier had his shots. And, an apology would have been nice - along with the promise to never bring his dog back to the run. Only a dog with issues would ever attack a puppy.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This made my day!

Posted on: 2010/9/20 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwich wrote:
From afar, I heard several dogs barking, saw a cloud of dust, then a few dog owners really going at it for a while. One claimed to have been bit by someone else's dog. The police and an ambulance showed up. Does anyone know the full story?

Not sure if this is the same incident. My friends were at the dog park this weekend with their puppy and this Boston Terrier bit down on it's ear and wouldn't let go for a few minutes. They had to rush him to the vet. He has a hole in in ear now. They are actually trying to find the owner - Asian guy, don't know the dog's name - not to sue but to make sure the dog had his rabies shot.

Posted on: 2010/9/20 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Phantom daschund memories??

Eat crow. Of course, by your logic, if you didn't see or hear it then it didn't happen.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=240819#forumpost240819

Posted on: 2010/9/20 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Phantom daschund memories??

Posted on: 2010/9/20 18:58

Fracas in Hamilton Park dog run this past Sunday
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/25 1:52
Group:
Registered Users
From afar, I heard several dogs barking, saw a cloud of dust, then a few dog owners really going at it for a while. One claimed to have been bit by someone else's dog. The police and an ambulance showed up. Does anyone know the full story?

Posted on: 2010/9/20 18:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017