Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 55

Chris_NJ, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users






Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#26
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
another serious issue is slumlords gaming insurance companies. often adjoining houses get damaged, and neighbors might end up dealing with insurance underwriter refusing claims because of slumlord illegal units.

Posted on: 4/28 9:12
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#25
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
>>>What qualifies as a "slum" to you?

>>34 gray street

>Right, so basically... You have no actual data to back up your claims.


unlike ms mota, i went there. dozens and dozens of violations visible with naked eye.

Posted on: 4/28 9:02
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#24
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
there is a fire like once a week. duh.

You do know there are over 110,000 residential units in Jersey City?


Quote:
>What qualifies as a "slum" to you?
34 gray street

Right, so basically... You have no actual data to back up your claims.


Quote:
>>jj never did a follow up to their own stories.

>How much of a follow-up does there need to be on a fire?

i will settle on a single one. if i were an editor, there would have been an investigative report on 20 000+ of illegal dwellings in jc.

Right. Because it's not like local media budgets have taken a massive hit, so that they can follow your fantasy allegations.

Where is this 20k number coming from? That's nearly 20% of all units in JC.


Quote:
>That's a pretty serious allegation. What's that based on?

knowledge. just ask him: 201-547-5200

So basically, you're pulling it out of your ass.

Thanks for nothin'.


http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_mayor_healy_wants.html

20k is conservative and outdated. since then we have more condos at expense of regular housing in the city.

as to jj journalism, john oliver nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2_wSsDwkQ

watch whole, that is jj after staten island investors took over. complete with terrence mcdonald's singing dogs twitter disclosures.

Posted on: 4/28 8:41
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#23
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
He's also a disgruntled police or fireman who either thought he was going to get something from the new regime and didn't or was a Healy guy and paid the price for it.


weren't we all to get something from new regime? like curtailing zacche 500k sick pay?

Posted on: 4/27 19:32
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/8/27 18:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 291
Offline
He's also a disgruntled police or fireman who either thought he was going to get something from the new regime and didn't or was a Healy guy and paid the price for it.

Posted on: 4/25 13:12
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
earthling is clearly an anti-Fulop shill. Pay him no mind. He has a low post count and the few posts he has a ridiculously biased and crude.

I'm not even a fan of Fulop but this guy is obviously connected to a political opponent.

Posted on: 4/25 12:21
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/8/27 18:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 291
Offline
Quote:

South_Sixth wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:

34 gray st is a single family according to city's own records



Actually, 34 Gray St is a 3 family. Listed as 3 units.
Bldg Desc: 3S-F-D-3U-NH

34 Gray St - Property Detail


Way to ruin a delusional conspiracy rant with facts. Thanks!

Posted on: 4/25 11:35
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/6/10 12:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 252
Offline
The C train was delayed this morning so I was late to work. THANKS FULOP. #SAD

Posted on: 4/25 11:16
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#18
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/23 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 50
Offline
Quote:

earthling wrote:

34 gray st is a single family according to city's own records



Actually, 34 Gray St is a 3 family. Listed as 3 units.
Bldg Desc: 3S-F-D-3U-NH

34 Gray St - Property Detail

Posted on: 4/25 11:06
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/8 15:49
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 759
Offline
One thing that definitely was a dead give away as to how many people lived in such a small building was the amount of trash and recycling cans in front of the building. Compare the amount of cans they have to the larger apartment buildings across the street on Google Maps.

Posted on: 4/25 0:47
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/11/16 20:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1125
Offline
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:
Dolomiti wrote:
Or, those "people in the know" can report possible violators.
http://www.jerseycitynj.gov/hedc.aspx?id=1180


Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Property owners around Journal Square/India Square have been complaining for many years starting under the Healy administration continuing into the Fulop administration.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
It is a disaster waiting to happen and when it does a slick lawyer is going to request the complaint logs from JC’s help desk and sue the city for inaction.


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
They're federal employees. Not spies for the Division of Housing Code Enforcement.

What about satellite dish installers? Is 6+ per house a bit much? Is a permit needed to install a dish?


.
lol what? You know they just stack up new satellite dishes any time a new tenant opens service right? I see two-family homes with actually only two families in them that have 8 satellite dishes on them. There's a 4 unit building near me with an incredible 12 sattelite dishes on it.

Posted on: 4/24 23:13
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/11/16 20:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1125
Offline
Stubbed my toe this morning. Is there no end to Fulop's cruelty?

Posted on: 4/24 23:12
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/10/7 11:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2501
Offline
Quote:
Dolomiti wrote:
Or, those "people in the know" can report possible violators.
http://www.jerseycitynj.gov/hedc.aspx?id=1180


Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Property owners around Journal Square/India Square have been complaining for many years starting under the Healy administration continuing into the Fulop administration.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
It is a disaster waiting to happen and when it does a slick lawyer is going to request the complaint logs from JC’s help desk and sue the city for inaction.


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
They're federal employees. Not spies for the Division of Housing Code Enforcement.

What about satellite dish installers? Is 6+ per house a bit much? Is a permit needed to install a dish?


.

Posted on: 4/24 19:54
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
It is a disaster waiting to happen and when it does a slick lawyer is going to request the complaint logs from JC’s help desk and sue the city for inaction.

Yaay, another prediction of DOOM. We never get enough of those in JC


Quote:
All the city needs to do is ask the people in the know…

Or, those "people in the know" can report possible violators.

http://www.jerseycitynj.gov/hedc.aspx?id=1180


Quote:
They will tell you how many different names are on the overseas letters.

They're federal employees. Not spies for the Division of Housing Code Enforcement.

Posted on: 4/24 19:19
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

earthling wrote:
there is a fire like once a week. duh.

You do know there are over 110,000 residential units in Jersey City?


Quote:
>What qualifies as a "slum" to you?
34 gray street

Right, so basically... You have no actual data to back up your claims.


Quote:
>>jj never did a follow up to their own stories.

>How much of a follow-up does there need to be on a fire?

i will settle on a single one. if i were an editor, there would have been an investigative report on 20 000+ of illegal dwellings in jc.

Right. Because it's not like local media budgets have taken a massive hit, so that they can follow your fantasy allegations.

Where is this 20k number coming from? That's nearly 20% of all units in JC.


Quote:
>That's a pretty serious allegation. What's that based on?

knowledge. just ask him: 201-547-5200

So basically, you're pulling it out of your ass.

Thanks for nothin'.

Posted on: 4/24 19:14
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
I'm sure much of the noise of those opposing the reval is from landlords who don't want to have their rooming houses busted. The police often have plate scanners that can tell if the owner has a bad license, the city should ramp up code enforcement to root out homes that have been illegally subdivided.

Oops, that might impact Fulop's diversity and sanctuary city beneficiaries. Forget it then!

Posted on: 4/24 18:25
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/10/7 11:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2501
Offline
Property owners around Journal Square/India Square have been complaining for many years starting under the Healy administration continuing into the Fulop administration.

There are many 2 family/2 apartment/2 story WOOD frame houses in the area that have 10 to 15 adults living in each of the 2 apartments and a few in the basements.

It is a disaster waiting to happen and when it does a slick lawyer is going to request the complaint logs from JC’s help desk and sue the city for inaction.

All the city needs to do is ask the people in the know…the mail men and women from the neighborhood. They will tell you how many different names are on the overseas letters. There are a few houses around the Square that have piles of mail throw into the corner of their porches. It just sits there until a windy day spreads it all over the hood.

You can’t go throw a bag of dog shit or trash(or old mail) on the slum/illegal rooming house property owners real address because all of the slum/rooming house owners are listed as living in their slum/illegal rooming houses on the JC online tax website. Everyone knows they don’t.

One more thing the rumor is the “landlords” are getting $500 per person per month as rent.


Posted on: 4/24 18:10
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#9
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline

Dolomiti wrote

>Which fires?

there is a fire like once a week. duh.


>What qualifies as a "slum" to you?

34 gray street


>>jj never did a follow up to their own stories.

>How much of a follow-up does there need to be on a fire?

i will settle on a single one. if i were an editor, there would have been an investigative report on 20 000+ of illegal dwellings in jc. hard to miss. unless journalists are busy twitting singing dogs while on job.


>>yes, fulop knows it. no, he not suppose to personally inspect >>every building. however, he personally ordered fire dept brass >>under previous chief NOT to investigate reported slums.

>That's a pretty serious allegation. What's that based on?

knowledge. just ask him: 201-547-5200

Posted on: 4/24 17:21
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:

why policemen and firefighters have to risk their lives while greedy aida converts single family to slum, and scoops the profits?

Because... he's greedy? Not sure what more there is to say.


Quote:
why jersey journal self censors and never follows up to investigate such racket?

Huh?


Quote:
why fulop turn the blind eye?

Wha?

Is the Mayor supposed to personally inspect every building in JC, to make sure it's up to code?


in the past 12 months, perhaps only 2-3 single family houses affected by fires were actually single family. the rest were slums.

Which fires?

What qualifies as a "slum" to you?


Quote:
jj never did a follow up to their own stories.

How much of a follow-up does there need to be on a fire?


Quote:
yes, fulop knows it. no, he not suppose to personally inspect every building. however, he personally ordered fire dept brass under previous chief NOT to investigate reported slums.

That's a pretty serious allegation. What's that based on?

Posted on: 4/24 17:02
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#7
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e.html#incart_2box_hudson

34 gray st is a single family according to city's own records

http://taxes.cityofjerseycity.com/ViewPay?accountNumber=321562

we have at least 14 people cramped on 4 floors, including basement death trap.

owner, one aida viray bergonio lives just two blocks over on summit.

why policemen and firefighters have to risk their lives while greedy aida converts single family to slum, and scoops the profits?

why jersey journal self censors and never follows up to investigate such racket?

why fulop turn the blind eye?


you must be new to Jersey City to throw this all on Fulop while it's been going on for years under multiple administrations.


unlike healy, fulop has list of slums by address.

Posted on: 4/24 16:54
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#6
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:

why policemen and firefighters have to risk their lives while greedy aida converts single family to slum, and scoops the profits?

Because... he's greedy? Not sure what more there is to say.


Quote:
why jersey journal self censors and never follows up to investigate such racket?

Huh?


Quote:
why fulop turn the blind eye?

Wha?

Is the Mayor supposed to personally inspect every building in JC, to make sure it's up to code?


in the past 12 months, perhaps only 2-3 single family houses affected by fires were actually single family. the rest were slums.
jj never did a follow up to their own stories.

yes, fulop knows it. no, he not suppose to personally inspect every building. however, he personally ordered fire dept brass under previous chief NOT to investigate reported slums.

Posted on: 4/24 16:51
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/3/19 14:28
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 250
Offline
Quote:

earthling wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e.html#incart_2box_hudson

34 gray st is a single family according to city's own records

http://taxes.cityofjerseycity.com/ViewPay?accountNumber=321562

we have at least 14 people cramped on 4 floors, including basement death trap.

owner, one aida viray bergonio lives just two blocks over on summit.

why policemen and firefighters have to risk their lives while greedy aida converts single family to slum, and scoops the profits?

why jersey journal self censors and never follows up to investigate such racket?

why fulop turn the blind eye?


you must be new to Jersey City to throw this all on Fulop while it's been going on for years under multiple administrations.

Posted on: 4/24 16:45
utterly deplorable
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

earthling wrote:

why policemen and firefighters have to risk their lives while greedy aida converts single family to slum, and scoops the profits?

Because... he's greedy? Not sure what more there is to say.


Quote:
why jersey journal self censors and never follows up to investigate such racket?

Huh?


Quote:
why fulop turn the blind eye?

Wha?

Is the Mayor supposed to personally inspect every building in JC, to make sure it's up to code?

Posted on: 4/24 16:43
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/9 22:30
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 73
Offline
There is definitely a story to be told about what was going on in this building. JJ should definitely tell it.

Posted on: 4/24 16:01
Print Top


Re: another fulop protected slum burns down
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/2/3 16:36
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1215
Offline
fire likely caused by a space heater. so 4 families crammed into a 1-family home with no heat.

#makeityours

Posted on: 4/24 16:01
Print Top


another fulop protected slum burns down
#1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
4/9 14:34
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 68
Offline
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e.html#incart_2box_hudson

34 gray st is a single family according to city's own records

http://taxes.cityofjerseycity.com/ViewPay?accountNumber=321562

we have at least 14 people cramped on 4 floors, including basement death trap.

owner, one aida viray bergonio lives just two blocks over on summit.

why policemen and firefighters have to risk their lives while greedy aida converts single family to slum, and scoops the profits?

why jersey journal self censors and never follows up to investigate such racket?

why fulop turn the blind eye?

Posted on: 4/24 15:25
Print Top








[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017