Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
37 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 37

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 »


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#49
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Before praising the enforcement has anyone considered what they are enforcing?

I parked one night on 7th Street. No signs, no visible curb painting, right permit.

Got a ticket under some JC statute about parking where it's not permitted. Took picture after picture of how barely any red paint was visible during the day, certainly not at night. Sent them in.

One day get a notice that I'm overdue on my ticket. The judge had ruled and decided I didn't need notification- despite following the rules for submitting pictures for a trial as laid out by the JCPA.

Total moneygrab, and why the JCPA should be abolished.


Honestly I prefer to see people who park in places that create a danger to other drivers and pedestrians, get points and lose their licences. Hard to prove who parked the car though, so I guess hitting them in the wallet is the next best thing. JC fines should triple though - they're way too low.

Looking for red paint on the curb after the fact, kind of misses the point.


This wasn't a dangerous spot and there was no visible paint at night. It's not just.

And I send the pictures to the person I spoke to at the JCPA after multiple unanswered calls.


The curb doesn't need to be marked. As a driver, you are expected to know the rules.

http://www.njlawman.com/roll-call/002 ... -parking-distance-law.htm


Posted on: 2013/7/19 17:39
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 19:25
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Before praising the enforcement has anyone considered what they are enforcing?

I parked one night on 7th Street. No signs, no visible curb painting, right permit.

Got a ticket under some JC statute about parking where it's not permitted. Took picture after picture of how barely any red paint was visible during the day, certainly not at night. Sent them in.

One day get a notice that I'm overdue on my ticket. The judge had ruled and decided I didn't need notification- despite following the rules for submitting pictures for a trial as laid out by the JCPA.

Total moneygrab, and why the JCPA should be abolished.


Honestly I prefer to see people who park in places that create a danger to other drivers and pedestrians, get points and lose their licences. Hard to prove who parked the car though, so I guess hitting them in the wallet is the next best thing. JC fines should triple though - they're way too low.

Looking for red paint on the curb after the fact, kind of misses the point.


This wasn't a dangerous spot and there was no visible paint at night. It's not just.

And I send the pictures to the person I spoke to at the JCPA after multiple unanswered calls.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 17:16
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#47
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
As I have stated many times before, if I was involved in an accident in any intersection where cars were illegally parked then I would include those same cars in any civil suits. If you are struck either on foot or in a car or even witness an accident then insist that the cops record the plate numbers of the offending vehicles. They definitely contribute to the danger and should thus be held accountable.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 14:14
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#46
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/7/14 19:34
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 528
Offline
If you think 25 feet is too much, then go to a city council meeting and speak on it. Contact your ward and at large councilpersons.
But sometimes even at that length, with a SUV, a stop sign can still be blocked.
Some corners have "No Parking from here to corner" up around the Hamilton park area here. definitely less than the law the law on the books, maybe petition them to add those in your area. Although they are often blatantly ignored esp at night.

Personally I am glad they are finally ticketing on that. Just because everyone else is doing it and they ticket sporadically doesn't mean it isn't against the law. Just try crossing Jersy Ave sometimes you are halfway thru the street before the traffic can be visible. Very unsafe.

To the person who took a picture because the red painting on the curb was fading - There is no law on the books that parking on a painted curb is against the law. Yes they can be helpful deterrents but it's up to you to know the law.

Owning a car is a privilege not a right be so people need to be responsible.

Gravy keep you dog agenda on your own thread stop trying to inject it into others.


Posted on: 2013/7/19 13:58
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#45
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/1/29 2:54
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 277
Offline
Warren and Bay is tricky... you can't park in the "T-Zone" so space in the north east corner of Warren Street intersection (at Bay) is actually in the intersection. Stupid rule (no cross walk at this crossing) and the signs could be better placed with arrows pointing where you can start parking at the corner would help clear up confusion. Enforcement is spotty for this rule, not many intersections "jog" like at Bay and Morgan and Warren Streets.


Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
I got two within the last month over by Warren and Bay. Same cop too. One was for blocking the crosswalk( which I was over by a few) but paid up. I get another a week later in the same area for "blocking an intersection".... while my car was parked and not even on the corner or crosswalk.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 0:09
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/15 4:26
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 489
Offline
Quote:

bondman99 wrote:
Everyone had a first post, right smart guy? Keep your stupid comments to yourself.
it's not about the quantity, but the quality, sweetie pie ...

Posted on: 2013/7/18 23:37
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#43
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Rad - another lucrative gap - off leash dogs/not curbing dogs (many on this thread are part of the other thread about this topic). Talk about a treasure trove! I believe they've finally started ticketing people, and hopefully will increase over time.

Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I say ticket away! There needs to be more punitive damage to disobeying the laws and regulations of JC.

I would feel lucky to have gotten away with it for a year... the somewhat backwards reality of this is I have been subsidizing someone's (or many people's) shitty parking with my tax dollars...

Tax gaps - lets step up vehicular fines... it's a treasure trove in JC.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 18:19
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#42
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/10 20:17
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 210
Offline
Quote:

Toonces wrote:
This is great! Hopefully, like I mentioned, if it's changed it's accompanied by painting the curbs yellow, to make it obvious.


On most corners downtown, the curbs are already painted red to indicate the area where no parking is allowed. However, in many spots the paint has worn away over time.

To start, how about repainting the curbs where they already show the No Parking areas and using that as a guide on where to enforce?

Posted on: 2013/7/18 18:01
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#41
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Before praising the enforcement has anyone considered what they are enforcing?

I parked one night on 7th Street. No signs, no visible curb painting, right permit.

Got a ticket under some JC statute about parking where it's not permitted. Took picture after picture of how barely any red paint was visible during the day, certainly not at night. Sent them in.

One day get a notice that I'm overdue on my ticket. The judge had ruled and decided I didn't need notification- despite following the rules for submitting pictures for a trial as laid out by the JCPA.

Total moneygrab, and why the JCPA should be abolished.


Honestly I prefer to see people who park in places that create a danger to other drivers and pedestrians, get points and lose their licences. Hard to prove who parked the car though, so I guess hitting them in the wallet is the next best thing. JC fines should triple though - they're way too low.

Looking for red paint on the curb after the fact, kind of misses the point.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 17:53
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#40
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 15:03
Last Login :
9/2 2:35
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4421
Offline
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Before praising the enforcement has anyone considered what they are enforcing?

I parked one night on 7th Street. No signs, no visible curb painting, right permit.

Got a ticket under some JC statute about parking where it's not permitted. Took picture after picture of how barely any red paint was visible during the day, certainly not at night. Sent them in.

One day get a notice that I'm overdue on my ticket. The judge had ruled and decided I didn't need notification- despite following the rules for submitting pictures for a trial as laid out by the JCPA.

Total moneygrab, and why the JCPA should be abolished.

Hey RU who did you send the pictures to ? Any law review to be excused from said ticket should be done in a court of law in front of a judge.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 17:33
Get on your bikes and ride !
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#39
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 19:25
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
Before praising the enforcement has anyone considered what they are enforcing?

I parked one night on 7th Street. No signs, no visible curb painting, right permit.

Got a ticket under some JC statute about parking where it's not permitted. Took picture after picture of how barely any red paint was visible during the day, certainly not at night. Sent them in.

One day get a notice that I'm overdue on my ticket. The judge had ruled and decided I didn't need notification- despite following the rules for submitting pictures for a trial as laid out by the JCPA.

Total moneygrab, and why the JCPA should be abolished.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 17:18
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#38
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Like my post said, the state is allowing exceptions in certain municipalities:

http://www.hobokennj.org/departments/ ... g/extended-parking-zones/



Quote:

jklm wrote:
http://statutes.laws.com/new-jersey/t ... 9/section-39-4/39-4-138-6

39:4-138.6 - Municipal authority to set certain permissible parking distances

2.A municipality may mandate by ordinance the permissible distance a person may park a motor vehicle from a crosswalk, side line of a street or intersecting highway, or "stop" sign. A municipality may not, however, permit parking within 25 feet of a crosswalk or side line of a street or intersecting highway or within 50 feet of a "stop" sign in a school zone during hours when school is in session.


If a car is illegally parked at an intersection, blocking the the view of traffic, or blocking a fire hydrant, it should be towed straight away. No excuses. Relax some of the rules where they make sense. But enforce the ones that have a direct and immediate bearing on safety.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 16:53
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#37
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/29 12:17
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
I say ticket away! There needs to be more punitive damage to disobeying the laws and regulations of JC.

I would feel lucky to have gotten away with it for a year... the somewhat backwards reality of this is I have been subsidizing someone's (or many people's) shitty parking with my tax dollars...

Tax gaps - lets step up vehicular fines... it's a treasure trove in JC.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 16:29
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/11/17 1:11
Last Login :
8/25 2:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1180
Offline
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Part of Fulop's platform includes increasing parking availability by getting rid of the 25 feet to the curb rule:

25 feet to the Curb Parking Permitted
The population growth of Jersey City has become an increasingly difficult obstacle for
residential parking. It requires proper planning to insure that the City residents can
find parking with relative ease and accessibility. Recent New Jersey State legislation
recognizes parking issues in urban areas like Jersey City and has permitted
municipalities to eliminate the 25 feet from the curb restrictions that currently exist if
the City passes enabling legislation. Similar to recently enacted legislation in Hoboken,
Steven would enact this policy at the municipal level. It will be an opportunity to
increase residential parking by hundreds of spots for Jersey City residents.

So we shall see.

Quote:

CatDog wrote:
JC really needs to make some laws to override the state law, because 25-50 feet away from crosswalks and fire hydrants and stop signs is just not practical in a city like this. And the selective enforcement makes it all the more frustrating.
I did not know that. Nice!

Any word about reducing the distance to a stop sign? I think that's 50 feet.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 16:21
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#35
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/1/29 2:54
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 277
Offline
This is Hoboken's interpretation of the new rule. Jersey City might do it differently. We have looked at the intersections in our neighborhood and are proposing to the city which streets best suit the new legislation.


[quote]
nyrgravey9 wrote:
Like my post said, the state is allowing exceptions in certain municipalities:

http://www.hobokennj.org/departments/ ... g/extended-parking-zones/


Posted on: 2013/7/18 16:11
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#34
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Like my post said, the state is allowing exceptions in certain municipalities:

http://www.hobokennj.org/departments/ ... g/extended-parking-zones/



Quote:

jklm wrote:
http://statutes.laws.com/new-jersey/t ... 9/section-39-4/39-4-138-6

39:4-138.6 - Municipal authority to set certain permissible parking distances

2.A municipality may mandate by ordinance the permissible distance a person may park a motor vehicle from a crosswalk, side line of a street or intersecting highway, or "stop" sign. A municipality may not, however, permit parking within 25 feet of a crosswalk or side line of a street or intersecting highway or within 50 feet of a "stop" sign in a school zone during hours when school is in session.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 15:51
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/1/29 2:54
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 277
Offline
http://statutes.laws.com/new-jersey/t ... 9/section-39-4/39-4-138-6

39:4-138.6 - Municipal authority to set certain permissible parking distances

2.A municipality may mandate by ordinance the permissible distance a person may park a motor vehicle from a crosswalk, side line of a street or intersecting highway, or "stop" sign. A municipality may not, however, permit parking within 25 feet of a crosswalk or side line of a street or intersecting highway or within 50 feet of a "stop" sign in a school zone during hours when school is in session.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 15:33
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/6/29 19:45
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 531
Offline
If the JCPA wants to enforce parking rules, perhaps the Courts should take actions against the city and JCPA for putting in illegal parking meters is certain parts of the city.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 15:13
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/9/25 22:27
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 184
Offline
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Part of Fulop's platform includes increasing parking availability by getting rid of the 25 feet to the curb rule:

25 feet to the Curb Parking Permitted
The population growth of Jersey City has become an increasingly difficult obstacle for
residential parking. It requires proper planning to insure that the City residents can
find parking with relative ease and accessibility. Recent New Jersey State legislation
recognizes parking issues in urban areas like Jersey City and has permitted
municipalities to eliminate the 25 feet from the curb restrictions that currently exist if
the City passes enabling legislation. Similar to recently enacted legislation in Hoboken,
Steven would enact this policy at the municipal level. It will be an opportunity to
increase residential parking by hundreds of spots for Jersey City residents.

So we shall see.


This is great! Hopefully, like I mentioned, if it's changed it's accompanied by painting the curbs yellow, to make it obvious.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 15:03
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Part of Fulop's platform includes increasing parking availability by getting rid of the 25 feet to the curb rule:

25 feet to the Curb Parking Permitted
The population growth of Jersey City has become an increasingly difficult obstacle for
residential parking. It requires proper planning to insure that the City residents can
find parking with relative ease and accessibility. Recent New Jersey State legislation
recognizes parking issues in urban areas like Jersey City and has permitted
municipalities to eliminate the 25 feet from the curb restrictions that currently exist if
the City passes enabling legislation. Similar to recently enacted legislation in Hoboken,
Steven would enact this policy at the municipal level. It will be an opportunity to
increase residential parking by hundreds of spots for Jersey City residents.

So we shall see.

Quote:

CatDog wrote:
JC really needs to make some laws to override the state law, because 25-50 feet away from crosswalks and fire hydrants and stop signs is just not practical in a city like this. And the selective enforcement makes it all the more frustrating.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:51
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/11/17 1:11
Last Login :
8/25 2:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1180
Offline
JC really needs to make some laws to override the state law, because 25-50 feet away from crosswalks and fire hydrants and stop signs is just not practical in a city like this. And the selective enforcement makes it all the more frustrating.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:38
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/9 11:28
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Posts: 410
Offline
Well said sir!

Quote:
Everyone is treating the new mayor as if he were a friend or connection in city hall just because they voted for him. Now they want to pass blame for a city agency doing their job. I never saw blame on Healy for parking tickets. Complaints were made because Healy was not tough enough and now the new guy in town is too tough. It seems that more is expected from Fulop than Healy in getting things done.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:08
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/9/25 22:27
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 184
Offline
25 feet is a pretty huge distance, if that's really the law! Still, you don't really have much of an argument if it is - as one of the other posters noted, you should count yourself lucky that you've gotten away with it for so long, otherwise. Unfortunately, seemingly arbitrary enforcement of the law or not, it is the law.

Having said that, IMO 25 feet is excessive. I would suggest it be reduced to 12, and the curbing from that point, around the intersection, be painted yellow so as to make it obvious that it isn't a parking zone. I personally would not have known about the 25-foot law if not for this thread.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:06
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 15:03
Last Login :
9/2 2:35
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4421
Offline
Quote:

bondman99 wrote:
Has anyone else seen an increase in parking tickets this week around the grove street area? I don't believe this has been enforced until this week.. so beware! I'll be going to court to fight this nonsense of a ticket.

Thanks Mayor!

Everyone is treating the new mayor as if he were a friend or connection in city hall just because they voted for him. Now they want to pass blame for a city agency doing their job. I never saw blame on Healy for parking tickets. Complaints were made because Healy was not tough enough and now the new guy in town is too tough. It seems that more is expected from Fulop than Healy in getting things done.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 13:12
Get on your bikes and ride !
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/7/18 20:46
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 385
Offline
It's easy to say "just follow the rules" except when the rules change constantly there is an administrative issue, not just a personal responsibility issue.

I agree that the OP needs to pick his battles re: fighting the ticket because the 25 feet thing is law. But let's not gaslight the legitimate complaints people have about spotty enforcement. I have had this issue myself - there are at least 3 spots on my block alone with "ambiguous" enforcement in terms of ticketing if you park there. I will see cars in those spots for months and then one week there will be tickets every day.

Keep in mind also that parking enforcement was successfully sued for illegally booting cars a few years back. They used to not only ticket arbitrarily but boot arbitrarily too, especially if you were from out of town. I was actually illegally booted last year and successfully fought to have all the fees refunded.


Posted on: 2013/7/18 13:01
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/23 16:11
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 439
Offline
I have paid more parking tickets than I can count. When I get them I blame myself not the City.
So your problem is the 25 feet, not the enforcement? Why don't you just say that? You wish it was 15 feet or 10 feet? I can agree with that. If you park 9 feet away though I would expect a ticket.
If you want the city to balance the parking situation they could just raise the price of parking permit to around $300. A lot less cars after that.

Quote:

duh wrote:
[quote]
mwa7368 wrote:
"I agree that it is arbitrary and sporadic but I think that can be attributed to Healy and the police chief of his admin."

It's gone on long before Healy, and the police chief had nothing to do with parking enforcement, especially concerning matters such as proximity to crosswalks. If Fulop can fix it, more power to him.

"It's not the governments responsibility to provide a street parking space for all of the permits issued, have you ever tried parking in Hoboken or Astoria Queens? You don't know what "Hard to find a spot" means until you have."

Why would you not expect government to address such a gross oversight? If there is an issuance of permits to residents that exceeds the number of parking spaces available, why should that not be something which the government addresses, if not rectifies? Just because So-broken and Ass-tore-ya are doing it all wrong, does not mean we should also. As a resident of the city, if you pay to park your car on the street, and there is not legal parking available, and there is no other alternative (like a public lot for residents), you are in essence encouraged to park illegally (ie, if the traffic light never went red, you would be encouraged to jaywalk), thereby promoting unsafe parking practices, and then punishing someone whom likely would otherwise have done the right thing if the correct provisions were in place.


"I appreciate when the city enforces these laws because despite your position of it being "deliberate and unprovoked punishment" it helps reduce vehicular accidents and keep pedestrians safe. Your narrow self serving position on the law is not in fact what is in the best interest of the majority of the citizens of the city. If you need proof of this just look through some old posts of accidents on Erie street, all the T-bones around 3rd st. The fact that people park right up to the corner on the cross streets mean that people driving down Erie can't see the drivers on the cross street and the other way around."

We?re not talking about parking right up on the corner, so dont take this argument out of context - that straw man shit is just stupid. We?re talking about someone being seven feet behind the crosswalk, which is perfectly reasonable and realistic in a city.

"Your argument about defenders of the ticketing being pulled over for 1MPH over the limit is a real stretch. 1 point for dramatics."

Thanks for the drama point, but that was the intent of the statement, to be hyperbolic, and articulate that the inane ramblings of persons such as yourself, are tiresome and foolish (though I?m not surprised you missed the point). The notion is that pulling someone over for going 1 mph over the speed limit is analogous to ticketing someone parked within 25 feet of the crosswalk, but posing no danger. So, you?re simple, without the capacity for inference. No points.


"If you want your own parking spot you can pay for one in the many private lots around the city, including Newport Mall. "

I could care less. I dont even have a car. It's the principle. Have any of those? It?s evident you take arguments out of context, and repackage them as something else, because you are unable to make an argument on terms you do not dictate. If you are so enamored with the notion of legalism, I can only hope the enforcement you desire will take effect. Those whom tend to judge as harshly as do you, will surely pad the coiffers of this fine city with compensation from innumerable infractions (albeit, all dull and uninspired, much as you seem to be) - it seems to always be the minister preaching against ?gays and degradation? that ends up smoking meth and banging male strippers. I will await your next sermon.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 11:34
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/27 12:04
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1173
Offline
Quote:

driverjase wrote:
Typical society response. I did something wrong, I think I'll blame someone else rather than admit I made a mistake, learn a lesson, and carry on with my life.


But then there would be no JC List.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 10:12
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/4/22 23:08
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 249
Offline
I got two within the last month over by Warren and Bay. Same cop too. One was for blocking the crosswalk( which I was over by a few) but paid up. I get another a week later in the same area for "blocking an intersection".... while my car was parked and not even on the corner or crosswalk.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 7:56
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#21
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/11/17 4:05
Last Login :
2017/6/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 86
Offline
Quote:

ConcernedJCitizen wrote:
Why are unpermitted vehicles allowed to park overnight in the downtown core?


+1

Posted on: 2013/7/18 7:26
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC Ticket Frenzy
#20
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/9/19 6:52
Last Login :
2013/7/18 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 7
Offline
The arbitrary enforcement of the law by the PA is maddening and includes the city's placement of meters that violate the state code. If you're a masochist and want to suffer through municipal court, you can take pictures of the city's double standard and show it to the "judge" who might reduce the ticket by half. I'm obviously speaking from experience, and it's not one I would repeat. As amusing as it was to see a municipal court jurist act like the high lord executioner in PARKING--not even traffic-- court....NO READING NEWSPAPERS IN HERE!...I'll take my Kafkaesque experiences unwittingly, thank you.

That said, I cannot for the life of me understand the permit regulations as they stand. Why are unpermitted vehicles allowed to park overnight in the downtown core? It's a nightmare trying to find a spot in the late hours of the day, and residents have a compelling interest to restrict parking to the people who live/work here and their visitors at all hours of the day.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 5:26
 Top 




(1) 2 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017