Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Who owns the block on Manilla bet 1st and 2nd?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If you trip and injure yourself on the sidewalk:

Call the police, and make a report asap

See a doctor if necessary

Alert the Housing Code department at 201-547-4824/4825, so they can send out an inspector to make a report

Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
I just tripped and fell tonight on the Grove /Manila side of Saddlewood Court. I was left with a bruise under my eye, cuts on my knees,, hand and palm.

That block between 1st and 2nd is a menace.
What can be done about it?

I was lucky to escape with minor cuts and bruises, it may be much worse for the next person.

Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
The sidewalks there are dangerous and uneven. Probably should have it fixed before someone trips and gets seriously hurt.

File suit?

Posted on: 2012/2/14 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

murican wrote:
I just tripped and fell tonight on the Grove /Manila side of Saddlewood Court. I was left with a bruise under my eye, cuts on my knees,, hand and palm.

I was lucky to escape with minor cuts and bruises, it may be much worse for the next person.

Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
The sidewalks there are dangerous and uneven. Probably should have it fixed before someone trips and gets seriously hurt.

File suit?

Posted on: 2012/2/12 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/12 2:42

Re: Name and Shame Bad Snow Neighbors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Remember corporations (INC.) don't recieve tickets and LLC limited liability corp doesn't affect other assets the owner of the property has. A violation has to be written out to an actual name a warm body. If it's a PO Box that can be tracked to a registered name to the box holder.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Those houses that back on to Grove Street, Saddlewood Court I think it is called, are just regular privately owned homes, so each will have a separate owner.

I suspect they may not realise it is their responsibility to shovel as it is behind like that.

Is it defintely their responsibility to shovle behind their property?

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
City Hall never shovels their snow. For the last few years running, they never have the sidewalks shovelled after a snowstorm. I'm definitely going to report them next time.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:
Regarding who owns a particular property ~ you can look it up on the link, below. Simply change the default county to HUDSON and the town to JC, then enter the street address in the location area and you should have your answer.

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin ... ata&district=0801&mode=11

Interesting. The closest address is 384 Manila, which is owned by the City of Jersey City. It would certainly explain the crappy job over the years.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.therosina.com/
Wayne and Barrow

Almost busted my ass on Monday morning.
Shouldn't a "Luxury" Condo complex have the decency to clear their walk?

Posted on: 2012/1/25 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The building on the southwest corner of Erie and 3rd never bothers clearing the snow on Erie Street, although they do shovel the area around the building's stairwell that faces 3rd. Kind of makes you want to help them out by piling all the snow from their Erie sidewalk into their W/D ventilation.

Posted on: 2012/1/25 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Regarding who owns a particular property ~ you can look it up on the link, below. Simply change the default county to HUDSON and the town to JC, then enter the street address in the location area and you should have your answer.

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin ... ata&district=0801&mode=11

Posted on: 2012/1/25 12:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vagabond79 wrote:
You can report an unshoveled sidewalk:

http://mygovhelp.com/jerseycitynj/_cs ... .aspx?ssessionid=&rqst=18

Right, I forgot all about that site. I'll do so next storm. I'd still like to know who owns it, and I don't really know where to access these records.

Posted on: 2012/1/25 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/1/24 14:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/1 20:58
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/1/24 14:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/1 13:27
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure who owns it, but I'm pretty sure you can find out from public records.

Or, you can visit this site next time you notice something that is bothering you. I've never used it myself, but I hear it works.

http://mycusthelp.com/JERSEYCITYNJ/_c ... MZHPFSMVNJKVDMRDKIWNWNMJV

Good luck!

Posted on: 2012/1/24 14:40

Who owns the block on Manilla bet 1st and 2nd?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The backside of that ass-backwards group of houses. While I'm at it, the other side of that street on Marin as well. They never, EVER, shovel the sidewalk on time and haven't for as long as I can remember. They don't clean up the sidewalk either, and it gets overgrown with weeds and litter, especially on the Marin side.

Posted on: 2012/1/24 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

karindiann wrote:
Quote:

kitcat wrote:
Someone stole our pumpkin during the storm (Monmouth St.) Of all things, and yes I was one of those who had plants stolen over the summer..shame on whoever decided to jump my gate and take it, I mean, really.

off topic, but someone stole our jack-o-lantern too -- twice! My nine-year-old daughter carved it all by herself ... the first night we put it out, it got stolen! She was in tears. Then we made a replacement, and it got stolen on Halloween night!!! Seriously, what kind of person steals a little kid's jack-o-lantern???

the same type of person who stole not only my mom and dads pumpkins a few years in a row but also the bench off of their porch in the heights :(

Posted on: 2011/11/2 6:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/31 12:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitcat wrote:
Someone stole our pumpkin during the storm (Monmouth St.) Of all things, and yes I was one of those who had plants stolen over the summer..shame on whoever decided to jump my gate and take it, I mean, really.

off topic, but someone stole our jack-o-lantern too -- twice! My nine-year-old daughter carved it all by herself ... the first night we put it out, it got stolen! She was in tears. Then we made a replacement, and it got stolen on Halloween night!!! Seriously, what kind of person steals a little kid's jack-o-lantern???

Posted on: 2011/11/2 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Godwin's law in a snow removal thread?

Posted on: 2011/11/1 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Wait officially the sun rose on 8/30 at 7:23AM which means according to our fair city snow had to be removed by 3:23 PM.... seeing as how the weather was around 46 to 50 F it mostly melted by then...

Posted on: 2011/11/1 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
U guys should do this for all the ones who don't clean up their dog poop!

Posted on: 2011/11/1 1:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/10/31 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

? 90-16. Use of leash in public places.

No person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

Blah blah blah non-sequitur "I'm the d-bag who can't resist complaining about unleashed dogs" post.

Did you just do a Sonia Maldonado and get your sock puppets mixed up?

So ianmac47 is Vigilante?

Posted on: 2011/10/31 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
How much snow did we get? I was out of town this wknd.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
For those that are short of cash to pay the rent this thread is valuable for slip & fall cases.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_DowntownRegular wrote:

And by the way, some of the neighbors on the south side of Fifth Street between Erie and Manila always seem to refuse to shovel/de-ice their sidewalks, including this last storm. Thanks for the lovely walk on a sheet of ice while I was carrying my 15 month old to daycare.

This. Getting real sick of walking on ice simply because they'd rather wait for the snow to melt than spread some salt.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

....no person shall shovel, throw or deposit any snow or ice from any sidewalk or gutter into the street after it has been plowed.....

So if you get out there before the plow, it's all legal. Just remember to throw it a little to the right of the direction of traffic flow so the plow actually pushes it away from your property, car, etc.

And by the way, some of the neighbors on the south side of Fifth Street between Erie and Manila always seem to refuse to shovel/de-ice their sidewalks, including this last storm. Thanks for the lovely walk on a sheet of ice while I was carrying my 15 month old to daycare.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 12:25
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
City of Jersey City

Palisades Ave in front of Dickinson all the way to Newark Ave is icy.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I wish we could name and shame those that throw their shoveled snow into the middle of the street. Especially the ones that are clearing their driveways.

Hi Heights!
I do this frequently, not sure what the issue is. If it is a sunny day and the street is clear, I thought the black of the street pavement would quickly melt the snow thrown on it. I also make sure I do not pile it to high.
Should I stop this behavior? I do not want the humiliation of being shamed on this forum.
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

After a snowstorm, no person shall shovel, throw or deposit any snow or ice from any sidewalk or gutter into the street after it has been plowed and opened up by city snow removal apparatus and personnel for vehicular traffic. Any person finding it necessary to clear a sidewalk or gutter, after said street has been opened for vehicular traffic, shall bank and pile the snow from the sidewalk within three feet inside the curb.

If you have a driveway, you'd know the problem. What happens over a prolonged snowfall, is that you shovel your driveway legally to keep your driveway clear. The snow-plough's come through and continually use your cleared driveway to create a snow mound since it's a free spot on the street to create the mound. The driveway mound turns to ice. The sidewalks already have huge mounds on the sides of them.

Given the letter of the law, if you push a snow mound from the parking area back to the center of the road, no foul imo.

PS:

I live opposite a privately maintained building. A few years ago they hired a plough to remove the snow from their driveway. They ploughed all their snow into a pile in my driveway.

Shovel, by shovel, I returned all their snow back in front of their door on their sidewalk. They haven't ploughed their snow into my driveway since then.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 5:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I wish we could name and shame those that throw their shoveled snow into the middle of the street. Especially the ones that are clearing their driveways.

Hi Heights!
I do this frequently, not sure what the issue is. If it is a sunny day and the street is clear, I thought the black of the street pavement would quickly melt the snow thrown on it. I also make sure I do not pile it to high.
Should I stop this behavior? I do not want the humiliation of being shamed on this forum.
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

After a snowstorm, no person shall shovel, throw or deposit any snow or ice from any sidewalk or gutter into the street after it has been plowed and opened up by city snow removal apparatus and personnel for vehicular traffic. Any person finding it necessary to clear a sidewalk or gutter, after said street has been opened for vehicular traffic, shall bank and pile the snow from the sidewalk within three feet inside the curb.

No person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

Funny that you continue to beat a dead horse. Meanwhile, I actually participated, once again, in helping the JCPD remove another real criminal from our streets on Friday. I followed a smash and grab car burglar from Pavonia and Coles to Varick and Mercer till cops arrived and arrested him. The cops were great and believe that the guy is responsible for several thefts along Monmouth St over the past few weeks. The whole incident delayed my weekend getaway by a couple of hours but that's fine with me. What have you really ever done to actually help your community? BTW? That was the 9th criminal I helped get off our streets. In any case, lets get back to the subject of this thread.

You're Batman.

Batman is fictional.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 4:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Hi Heights!
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

Funny that you continue to beat a dead horse. Meanwhile, I actually participated, once again, in helping the JCPD remove another real criminal from our streets on Friday. I followed a smash and grab car burglar from Pavonia and Coles to Varick and Mercer till cops arrived and arrested him. The cops were great and believe that the guy is responsible for several thefts along Monmouth St over the past few weeks. The whole incident delayed my weekend getaway by a couple of hours but that's fine with me. What have you really ever done to actually help your community? BTW? That was the 9th criminal I helped get off our streets. In any case, lets get back to the subject of this thread.

You're Batman.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 2:54

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017