Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 33

BeatrixKiddo, SRhia, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 42 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that starting a month ago, the Newport station smells absolutely terrible? At least in the area where the train opens the doors.

Or is that just me?

OH MY GOD, I just noticed it this week, it smells like rotten eggs mixed with mold and ass. I was going to post on here today about it.

I guess there is nothing we can do about the smell but I hope it isn't caused by some toxic mold or something that will kill us in 15 years.

Posted on: 3/5 14:43
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The woman in question was 3rd degree "burnt" by the coffee:
Liebeck was hospitalized for eight days while she underwent skin grafting, followed by two years of medical treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants

Posted on: 3/5 12:19
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I think this is a much bigger societal problem, or should I say breakdown of society. For example, what happened to:

- raising one's own children properly, teaching them discipline and boundaries, rather than outsourcing that to nannies (who don't care) or daycares? Or just trying to be "friends" with your kids????
- giving seats to the elderly and young on trains? During my second pregnancy, no one on the PATH train ever gave me a seat
- being responsible for one's own actions?
- using one's own brain (e.g. well, if you're buying a hot coffee from McD, it will be hot, right? Remember that law suit when someone sued McD because they were "burnt" by the hot coffee)?
- and the list goes on and on and on.....

Quote:

owlie wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

This happened on a packed train! How didn't the person not get surrounded and subdued? How did he get away?

Everyone on the train was too busy playing Candy Crush Soda to notice anything had happened.
\\

I was going to say the exact thing!!! - Most everyone on the train is clueless to whats going on. They are playing games or watching videos on their phones, listening to to their tunes are reading/writing emails / texts.....

Because we're....soft. Weak. We've been trained to assume that "the authorities" will handle things, so we just stare at our phones.

Not to go on a rant, but this puts me in mind of my chubby middle-aged Facebook friends who scream about how "we" should go kick ISIS's ass. Um, who's "we", dude? You mean those 22-year-old enlistees? Maybe "we" should get their opinion first.

It's absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that this happened. It makes me so angry to even imagine that people are too busy playing games or texting on their phones to even notice that someone got stabbed.

I do not buy into the notion that this was caused by any equipment failure.

There is a breakdown in humanity going on but nobody is paying attention. We are being conditioned to look the other way and have become weak.

As for the idiots that say we should kick ISIS's ass... I think we should withdraw our troops from any conflict overseas and position them on all of our borders. The rich and powerful continue to send other people’s children off to non-defensive wars. Let the people there take care of their own problems. We need to take care of ourselve here.
To quote Phil Ochs,
"It's always the old to lead us to the wars,
Always the young to fall..."

WAKE UP people, get your heads out of your arses.

Posted on: 3/5 12:04
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

This happened on a packed train! How didn't the person not get surrounded and subdued? How did he get away?

Everyone on the train was too busy playing Candy Crush Soda to notice anything had happened.
\\

I was going to say the exact thing!!! - Most everyone on the train is clueless to whats going on. They are playing games or watching videos on their phones, listening to to their tunes are reading/writing emails / texts.....

Because we're....soft. Weak. We've been trained to assume that "the authorities" will handle things, so we just stare at our phones.

Not to go on a rant, but this puts me in mind of my chubby middle-aged Facebook friends who scream about how "we" should go kick ISIS's ass. Um, who's "we", dude? You mean those 22-year-old enlistees? Maybe "we" should get their opinion first.

It's absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that this happened. It makes me so angry to even imagine that people are too busy playing games or texting on their phones to even notice that someone got stabbed.

I do not buy into the notion that this was caused by any equipment failure.

There is a breakdown in humanity going on but nobody is paying attention. We are being conditioned to look the other way and have become weak.

As for the idiots that say we should kick ISIS's ass... I think we should withdraw our troops from any conflict overseas and position them on all of our borders. The rich and powerful continue to send other people’s children off to non-defensive wars. Let the people there take care of their own problems. We need to take care of ourselve here.
To quote Phil Ochs,
"It's always the old to lead us to the wars,
Always the young to fall..."

WAKE UP people, get your heads out of your arses.

Posted on: 3/5 11:56
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that starting a month ago, the Newport station smells absolutely terrible? At least in the area where the train opens the doors.

Or is that just me?

OH MY GOD, I just noticed it this week, it smells like rotten eggs mixed with mold and ass. I was going to post on here today about it.

Posted on: 3/5 11:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Or is that just me?

Posted on: 3/5 10:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

the CCTV was immediately arrested for taking a photo in a PATH station.

I giggled

Posted on: 3/4 17:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
Quote:

heightsliving wrote:
Knife guy is Apprehended!!!!!

Thanks Columbo!

Here's the story on NJ.COM:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _train_stabbing_pa_c.html

Great police work! Looks like the cameras work too.

the CCTV was immediately arrested for taking a photo in a PATH station.

Posted on: 3/4 15:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
Quote:

heightsliving wrote:

Thanks Columbo!

Great police work! Looks like the cameras work too.

Posted on: 3/4 14:49
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
Quote:

heightsliving wrote:

Thanks Columbo!

Posted on: 3/4 14:14
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heightsliving wrote:

Thanks Columbo!

Posted on: 3/4 14:08
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 3/4 13:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

\\

Teach me how to be tough like you, bro.

Gladly. Just say when. 90% of the time, taking charge of a situation consists of simply taking charge.

Thanks for the step by step tutorial. I'm sure your experience in disarming knife wielders comes in handy too, though.

Posted on: 3/4 13:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
PATH communication is horrible. A 3 year old communicates better than the PATH.

If the ferry were to lower their rates in half, I am sure they would increase revenue by 800%.

The trains are so crowded during rush hour that it is INHUMANE. In fact, I am certain that pigs that are transported to slaughter are treated more humanely than people during rush hour path trains.

I hope the ferry raises prices, it is getting more crowded. During rush hour the ferries are SRO. They should also charge extra for people with strollers.

Posted on: 3/4 13:05
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
PATH communication is horrible. A 3 year old communicates better than the PATH.

If the ferry were to lower their rates in half, I am sure they would increase revenue by 800%.

The trains are so crowded during rush hour that it is INHUMANE. In fact, I am certain that pigs that are transported to slaughter are treated more humanely than people during rush hour path trains.

Posted on: 3/4 12:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

\\

Gladly. Just say when. 90% of the time, taking charge of a situation consists of simply taking charge.

Posted on: 3/4 12:49
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
We need to relax our antiquated concealed carry laws =( Seriously, how are we supposed to defend ourselves against knife and gun wielding madmen? We are in a nanny state where the people we trust with our safety are not available.

Imagine the mayhem though as a small % of people in the train car pull their guns. After a few minutes, who would even know for sure who the madman is.

Posted on: 3/4 12:28
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

\\

Posted on: 3/4 12:04
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
What a sh it show last eve at the beginning of the delays. 33rd station had 3 trains fully packed, and the platform was fully packed. When the first JSQ train (my train) finally got the ok move, NO ONE ELSE was able to get on from 23rd-Christopher. The conductor had to lie about the next train being empty to stop people trying to jam themselves in.

Little did they know that all following trains would be fully packed as well!! LOL… SO GLAD MY STOP IS 33RD! I WAS CHILLIN IN A SEAT CANDY CRUSHING!!!

Posted on: 3/4 11:46
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:
Let me get this straight:
"A man was stabbed on a packed PATH train Tuesday evening, Port Authority police said.
The attacker pulled out a knife during an argument with another rider and plunged it into the 38-year-old victim’s chest as the crowded southbound train was approaching the 23rd Street station just before 6 p.m., officials said.
The assailant then exited the train when it pulled into the station and ran off.
The victim was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition and was expected to survive."

okay, tough guy. you start subduing the knife-wielding madman. we'll back you up, we promise.

Posted on: 3/4 11:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

\\

Posted on: 3/4 10:33
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I took the train back around 6:00 from WTC, and they had announced the delays on the line due to a car equipment problem. As it happened, a train came in just as I went downstairs. It was packed, but no worse than typical rush hour.

I happened to be next to the conductor. He explained that there was a relatively minor equipment problem in one car that required the train to stop and for the conductor or engineer to go out and fix. Some guy on the train started screaming about the delay, and when they started the train again....he pulled the emergency brake in a fit of rage. That's what really caused the delay, because they had to make sure this person wasn't going to do anything else crazy, and arrange for police to arrest him.

Posted on: 3/4 0:06
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Hopefully the perp was stupid enough to have a cellphone that was on.

All it takes is LE to get their hands on transmission records for all phones that pinged into cell networks within a pretty close timeframe (under 30 seconds) of when he exited the station and probably could narrow it down to one exact match if the phone was last connected to a network somewhere around Herald Square within 20 minutes beforehand.

Posted on: 3/3 23:29
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

\\

Posted on: 3/3 22:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Pre-Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 3/3 22:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Let me get this straight:
"A man was stabbed on a packed PATH train Tuesday evening, Port Authority police said.
The attacker pulled out a knife during an argument with another rider and plunged it into the 38-year-old victim’s chest as the crowded southbound train was approaching the 23rd Street station just before 6 p.m., officials said.
The assailant then exited the train when it pulled into the station and ran off.
The victim was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition and was expected to survive."

Posted on: 3/3 22:15
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Stabbing on train near 23rd Street this evening. No mention on NJ.com. Hopefully victim will recover.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/03/man-stabbed-aboard-busy-path-train/

Posted on: 3/3 21:19
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Would be interesting to learn the circumstances behind this stabbing. The second article just says the victim didn't know the stabber. Was it completely random? Was there a loud argument beforehand? Caused by how utterly packed the trains are?

And many of the other service delays seem unrelated. Really ridiculous that such a tiny subway system has this many problems. A "car equipment problem" independently occurring on all four PATH lines within an hour?

Posted on: 3/3 20:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
don't they have cctv cameras at the entrance and exits to the station. if not, they should.

Posted on: 3/3 19:21
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Exchange Place/JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
MAN STABBED ON PATH TRAIN

WABC
7:05PM
A man was stabbed on a PATH train in Chelsea Tuesday evening.

It happened as the train was moving between 33rd and 23rd streets southbound just before 6 p.m.

The 38-year-old victim was stabbed in the chest taken to Bellevue Hospital in an unknown condition.

Suspect fled once the PATH train stopped at the 23rd Street Station.

The suspect is described as having a goatee and wearing a tan coat, dark pants and a black knit hat.

http://7online.com/news/man-stabbed-on-path-train/542733/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/03/0 ... rain-during-evening-rush/

---------------------------

What a commute!

3/3/2015 6:17:44 PM
New Jersey Transit will cross honor PATH passengers until 6:30PM.

3/3/2015 5:49:42 PM
Due to a disabled train near Grove Street all lines are operating with delays with the exception of HOB-33.

3/3/2015 5:45:52 PM
New Jersey Transit is cross honoring PATH passengers.

3/3/2015 5:14:59 PM
Due to a car equipment problem, service on the HOB-33 line is operating with delays.

3/3/2015 5:14:23 PM
Due to a car equipment problem, service on the JSQ-33 line is operating with delays.

3/3/2015 5:12:25 PM
Due to a car equipment problem, service on the HOB-WTC line is operating with delays.

3/3/2015 4:34:23 PM
Due to a car equipment problem, service on the NWK-WTC line is operating with delays.

Posted on: 3/3 19:11
Print Top

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 42 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2015