Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
That really hurts coming from you Willy. You calling someone retarded is like a midget calling someone short.

That bar attracts that sort of incident. If you lived there, which you do not, you would know these sorts of drunken arguments are par for the course.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 14:48

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street bar
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
Are you retarded? That was a late night drunken arguement turned hit and run with a driver from Guttenberg. Not a reflection of the neighborhood

Posted on: 2009/1/30 9:14

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here you go annemaru. This bar is on second between brunswick and monmouth.

Posted on: 2009/1/29 15:39

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone know if this guy was convicted?

Posted on: 2008/5/7 15:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/3 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you so much for your concern. He is walking, his left arm is numb, and still in a little pain thank God. It did look much worse at the time so I am very happy for his recovery. Again thank you We all appriciate it.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 21:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/3 20:48
Group:
Registered Users
I am glad you asked this question Villager. Indeed this is definately bringing it back to the subject.

WHY Aggravated Assault and Not Attempted murder. Just in case you all care to know this Male whose name appeared on the Newspaper is a criminal who is on Lifetime Parole. How is it that he can post bail? How good is our system? Yes, I looked him up on NJ Dept. of Corrections. He's been in and out of trouble with the law since his early ages!!! This is something of major concern yet we're here concerned about the reputation of two bars that are none profit to us!!!

Quote:
Getting back to the topic at hand. thetruth72, how is your friend doing?
Jim

Posted on: 2008/3/3 19:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/21 16:54
Group:
Registered Users
Getting back to the topic at hand. thetruth72, how is your friend doing?
Jim

Posted on: 2008/3/3 18:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Chips: Make them Doritos, Please!!!! Am I being Sarcastic, YES I AM!

AND like YOU stated, ?there are many sides to every actually plausible story? SO can you really justify why the man asked a young Hispanic male the Question about Led Zeppelin and then stared at him the entire night at the LAMP POST?!!! Absolutely NOT, BECAUSE you are not him!!! (Or maybe the Hispanic male had a Booger or perhaps a ZIT, right?)! Nevertheless ?thetruth? who says asked the gentleman why he asked him if he knew who sang that song said the man said, ?Oh Nothing??SO who are you to TRY to justify it for him!

And if you are reading previous messages, You will see how some people describe how uncomfortable they ?Felt? at the Latin Lounge, where is your Critic about the dog crap that doest mix with the gravel at when they complained??? Yet and young Hispanic wants describe how uncomfortable he felt at the Lamp Post, and OH NO, it?s the Lamp Post, Never that!!!! Com? on!

Very true statement also written by you: ?paranoia is a destroyer??Can I say this goes for us ALL!!! And not for a specific race, color or gender? NOW I SAY AND YOU MAY QUOTE ME: Play a fare game or don?t Play at all!!!

Quote:

missa wrote:
[quote]by missa on 2008/3/2 14:08:49

i dont know what sort of chips you like to perch on your shoulder, but there are many sides to every actually plausable story.
if you feel like everyone is going to look at you sideways for whatever reason, whether its your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, because you have a giant zit on your face or because you have a redonkulous booger in your nose, then guess what--THEY WILL!

paranoia is a destroyer.

the real issue is when is that part of the sidewalk going to get paved so that dog crap doesnt get mixed in with the gravel??

Posted on: 2008/3/3 18:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/14 20:20
From Chilltown Baby!
Group:
Registered Users
Shane did I hurt your feelings? Are we a little sensitive? I usually don't respond to internet thugs who use the net to try and get brollick. But you are right.. I am a tough guy because I have yet to be proven differently. Don't Like it, so what, get the f***, over it and take it at a loss. Don't try to use this forum to make threats because trust me when I say, if you would have said anything to me in person it would have been I'm sorry Mr. DWNTWN_BRED please, please accept my apology. There is a lot more I would love to write but I don't want to use this forum for that. It's a debating tool as well as info for me Jacka**!

Posted on: 2008/3/3 17:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
One guy said he was made to feel unwelcome in the Latin Lounge and another guy says the same about the Lamp Post.
Whether either or both were misunderstandings or whether either or both have chips on their shoulders is irrelevant.
You can't treat one anecdote as gospel and dismiss the other because it backs up your position.

this was directed to me??

i didn't say anything about the latin lounge.

i have been to the lamp post and i am speaking from my own experiences there. my responses were not written to draw any comparison between the two, but because of other's arguments i can see where you could infer that.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 23:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Yawwwwn.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 21:26
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
One guy said he was made to feel unwelcome in the Latin Lounge and another guy says the same about the Lamp Post.
Whether either or both were misunderstandings or whether either or both have chips on their shoulders is irrelevant.
You can't treat one anecdote as gospel and dismiss the other because it backs up your position.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 19:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
i dont know what sort of chips you like to perch on your shoulder, but there are many sides to every actually plausable story.
if you feel like everyone is going to look at you sideways for whatever reason, whether its your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, because you have a giant zit on your face or because you have a redonkulous booger in your nose, then guess what--THEY WILL!

paranoia is a destroyer.

the real issue is when is that part of the sidewalk going to get paved so that dog crap doesnt get mixed in with the gravel??

Posted on: 2008/3/2 19:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ANother thing: If any one of you walk into Latin Lounge and sing a spanish song, and get asked by any particular person of Latin Lounge, the same question about The Artisit singing the song, I am more then sure the next morning, if not soon after you walk out of Latin Lounge, YOu would be posting how bad and uncomfortable you felt. Especially if you were stared down because you know the song!?! But of course it happened at the Lamp Post... Maybe "TheTruth" looked young and that is the reason they stared at him or maybe they happen to be playing Trivia and asked him a Pop up Question...HAHAHAHA!!! Sorry I had to Laugh!!!

Posted on: 2008/3/2 17:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is sooooo Funny and Upsetting how when it is Latin Lounge and "Yuppy" feels uncomfortable, it's some type of racist bias etc. but when it is a hispanic feeling uncomfortable at Lamp Post, there are 101 excuses to it!Trivia Question!??? YEAH!!! Let's justify that one again! Is this article about a man who got struck ny an SUV or about how you Yuppy's feel uncomfortable at Latin Lounge...

I drove by both bars on Friday (2/29/08) only to see a group of people smoking and talking very loud outside of Lamp Post ... Only a Bouncer standing outside of Latin Lounge...Not a big deal, right? Why, because it's the Lamp Post!!! Let it be Latin Lounge and that would've been a big deal!!! You all would've been postin all you negative remarks on here!

Posted on: 2008/3/2 17:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

missa wrote:
Quote:

thetruth72 wrote:
You see justification for an action that was clearly bias. Sorry no host was there and no game consoles either, and if that was the case then why when I asked him why I didnt get either answer? I obviously answered him yes I know Led Zep.

I have tried to Deny that the race and ethnicity card is being played or implied, but it really is. I dont care what race you are, or place you are drinkin at alcohol makes anyone that Indulges in it do some stupid things. And yes I no the Bar is responsible for a persons consumption but Some people can handle alcohol better then others and its not til late that you realize "They Had Enough"

Now I am goin to answer why he asked me if I know Led Zep..... I am Puerto Rican, young, and must not been dressed well enough to sing thier music. Hey I might be wrong but Both justifications that a couple of you used are not correct. Thank u for your input always welcome.

honestly i think you are being oversensitive for making the acquaintance of a singular person.

if you picked the Lamp Post to be an epicenter for race bias, i think you are CLEARLY barking up the wrong tree. sorry if your one visit made you think this, but i have seen young and old of all shades come in there and eat, drink what have you. hell, i have seen them make popcorn for the kids while they play trivia.

when they have bands, there can be an edgier element, but in general, its very much a local pub sorta feel with the whole range.

are you very young, like "maybe you shouldn't be in a bar" young? because that sounds like the closest reason as to why anyone would stare at you (unless they were just a weirdo).

I couldnt agree with u more Missa....i like the Lampost...but it is possibly an "epicenter" for diversity as far as bars go...the crowd there is seriously all over the place...i cant even describe the crowd there...and perhaps that is the draw....'nobody fits in exactly and yet everybody fits in"....how bout that???
Mr Truth...i am sorry for your experience there....if there are others out there that have had this experience at Lampost...please chime in...I'd actually be pretty suprised.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 5:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

thetruth72 wrote:
You see justification for an action that was clearly bias. Sorry no host was there and no game consoles either, and if that was the case then why when I asked him why I didnt get either answer? I obviously answered him yes I know Led Zep.

I have tried to Deny that the race and ethnicity card is being played or implied, but it really is. I dont care what race you are, or place you are drinkin at alcohol makes anyone that Indulges in it do some stupid things. And yes I no the Bar is responsible for a persons consumption but Some people can handle alcohol better then others and its not til late that you realize "They Had Enough"

Now I am goin to answer why he asked me if I know Led Zep..... I am Puerto Rican, young, and must not been dressed well enough to sing thier music. Hey I might be wrong but Both justifications that a couple of you used are not correct. Thank u for your input always welcome.

honestly i think you are being oversensitive for making the acquaintance of a singular person.

if you picked the Lamp Post to be an epicenter for race bias, i think you are CLEARLY barking up the wrong tree. sorry if your one visit made you think this, but i have seen young and old of all shades come in there and eat, drink what have you. hell, i have seen them make popcorn for the kids while they play trivia.

when they have bands, there can be an edgier element, but in general, its very much a local pub sorta feel with the whole range.

are you very young, like "maybe you shouldn't be in a bar" young? because that sounds like the closest reason as to why anyone would stare at you (unless they were just a weirdo).

Posted on: 2008/3/2 0:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I think they were being sarcastic. Maybe the Led Zeppelin question was part one of a two-part pickup line that went bad

Posted on: 2008/3/1 22:27
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/3/1 22:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

missa wrote:
Quote:

thetruth72 wrote:
Mr. DooHicky, it is unfortunate that you was made feel that way and on behalf of the Latin Lounge I will apologize. BUT!! I did walk into the lamp post one night ordered a beer and was Jamming to one of my favorite bands, OF ALL TIME, and someone came right up to me and said, " You know who Led Zepplin is?"and I answered him, "Yes I do", and asked him, "Why do you asked?" his responce was, " Oh Nothing", and then he couldnt stop staring at me until I left. Did I mention I was alone?? Now should I have felt uncomfortable or let it go cause it did happend @ the ""Lamp Post""?

he was probably waiting for an appropriate time to recruit you for trivia night.

maybe he was recruiting from Pop's for their "rock band"/guitar hero nite

Posted on: 2008/3/1 16:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

thetruth72 wrote:
Mr. DooHicky, it is unfortunate that you was made feel that way and on behalf of the Latin Lounge I will apologize. BUT!! I did walk into the lamp post one night ordered a beer and was Jamming to one of my favorite bands, OF ALL TIME, and someone came right up to me and said, " You know who Led Zepplin is?"and I answered him, "Yes I do", and asked him, "Why do you asked?" his responce was, " Oh Nothing", and then he couldnt stop staring at me until I left. Did I mention I was alone?? Now should I have felt uncomfortable or let it go cause it did happend @ the ""Lamp Post""?

he was probably waiting for an appropriate time to recruit you for trivia night.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
now i know why my spidey sense tingles when walking in this area.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 13:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/3/1 6:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wow you would think that this world should be getting better given what is happening in it. Mr. RobC in order to leave a place one has to open the doors to exit. I was there that was my Best-Friend that was hit, so I am goin to just say this. Every Bar and Club in state of New Jersey from Sun. through Thurs. can be open with customers until 1:30 am, and on Fri. and Sat. until 2:30 am. So yeah the bar did have people in it after 2:30 they were the employees that were cleaning up, filling up the stock for the next day and cashing out and I was one them Does it maks sence now? I really didnt come here to explain myself nor concentrate on one person but the things I am reading are just, like I said in the begining, WOW!! Please let us let this go. With going back and forth Is not improving the situation. It is just making feelings and thoughts that are already there and that are not going to go away more negitive then what the are or implied.

"Talk without offending and Listen without defending"
-Montell Williams-

"Love is God and God is love"
-Rev. Run-

Posted on: 2008/3/1 6:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
slightly off topic....as one of the "yuppies" in the hood ( and no, I'm not ashamed) I will say that I went to latin lounge for the first time about a month ago...I had a good time...i was with a big group and the owner was there and he was really a doll...personally, I think he's in the dark about his establishment...anyway....i went a second time...the owner was not there...and I couldnt have been made to feel more uncomfortable by the bartenders....it was clear and obvious that we were not wanted...but ya know what...so be it...u have to take some places with a grain of salt....and its really no big suprise this place under scrutiny and in the news is it???? is this really that shocking??? As far as I'm concerned, every single place in this town has its good points and bad and could have pages of opinion on this website.and others...each and every single joint we all hang out at! Its unfortunate that a few people made spectacles of themselves and made this place look bad and I hope the victims involved will be okay.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 6:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bren12 wrote:
It?s one thing to credit this forum for spreading "neighborhood issues" but when it?s used for sharing misguided information, making false allegation, finger pointing, and exaggerated FACTS it becomes very disappointing...

But that's what makes it so FUN, sweetie!

Okay, now back to the original topic... I don't think you are going to win your battle here. The bar in discussion is just too provocative and you are going to get more and more frustrated. You have made your point. Walk away, it's easier.

And I say that with complete respect for what you are trying to say.

It's just the JCList way.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 0:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just like you, I AM A WOMAN and I respect your opinion just like I expect you to respect mine. YOU make absolutely No sense to me!

Look at how you bring up some unwanted info about how someone was whistling at you while you walked by Latin Lounge...Isn't this entire discussion about safety? Where are you coming from with that?

I walk in the mall get whistled at? Should we close the down the Mall too? Next time you decide to come at me, Make sure you come at me with Legitimate Information!

Quote:

Charlie wrote:

You're just afraid of a strong opinionated woman who knows her facts. Pepe, were you one of the ugly boys who was whistling at me the other day as I walked by the Latin Lounge? En tus suenas! Try an escort service!

Posted on: 2008/2/29 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

RobC wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps, if it hasn't happened already, the Village neighborhood Assoc. should bring these bar owners to their next meeting and hash these things out.

Vigilante: Per my previous post, both bar owners did attend our meeting last night. It was very helpful, and much appreciated.

Sorry, missed that. I hope you made some progress toward addressing the communities concerns.

Posted on: 2008/2/29 16:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/14 4:37
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Perhaps, if it hasn't happened already, the Village neighborhood Assoc. should bring these bar owners to their next meeting and hash these things out.

Vigilante: Per my previous post, both bar owners did attend our meeting last night. It was very helpful, and much appreciated.

Posted on: 2008/2/29 16:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/3 18:00
Group:
Registered Users
Charlie, a strong opiniated women c'mon now, my 10 yr old daughter has more sense than you. Like I said before you seem to be pretty familiar with Latin Lounge.uhm I wonder.

I wonder did you attend last nights meeting? Since you said that your sister died of drugs and you would do anything to get it off the streets. Probably NOT, your just probably one of the many NOSY's on here that use this forum to base their exagerated opinion, but when it come's down to making a stand for the community you stand back and watch drugs take over the city.

[quote]
And shut up, my sister died of drugs so shove off. I'll do anything to get it off the street!

Posted on: 2008/2/29 15:54

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017