Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square's Young Star Spa raided, Fifth Time in Three Years -- 10 Arrested for Prostitution
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
its too bad, the massages there were actually quite good.

Posted on: 2009/10/6 16:32

Re: Journal Square's Young Star Spa raided, Fifth Time in Three Years -- 10 Arrested for Prostitution

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/25 21:42
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users
Wondering what kind of "sprays" they had.

Who knew there was "prostitution" in JC? I've heard Tonnele Ave. anecdotes, but an actual walk-in "massage parlor"?

I'm actually quite surprised there are no strip joints here. I wonder if there is some kind of law that prevents them, as opposed to, say, yikes, Newark.

Posted on: 2009/10/6 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
At least they know who the pimps are because when you regulate stuff there is less black market and the police can actually do something about it instead of being overwhelmed.

Posted on: 2009/10/6 14:04

Re: Journal Square's Young Star Spa raided, Fifth Time in Three Years -- 10 Arrested for Prostitutio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://static.rnw.nl/migratie/www.rad ... rs/ams070921mc-redirected

Quote:

marybarr wrote:
We should legalize prostitution so that there is an area for it. That way people don't have to be shocked. Though I'm not sure that folk having sex on the floor above where there is a child is shocking (I guess old married couples don't do it anymore?). Oh well, I also don't get why chain saw murderer movies are rated PG 13 and movies with topless folk touching each other tenderly are rated R.

Posted on: 2009/10/5 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
No happy endings here.

Posted on: 2009/10/5 16:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/3 22:48
Group:
Registered Users
"It is without a doubt a public nuisance and that kind of defiance will not be tolerated within our jurisdiction," Fire Department Director Armando Roman said. "If they open up again, we will be there to cite them accordingly."

Hmm, I wish the powers-that-be would get fired up about the drug dealin' vermin and homeless folks all around JC the same way they got pissed off at the Young Spa.

Posted on: 2009/10/4 20:50

Re: Journal Square's Young Star Spa raided, Fifth Time in Three Years -- 10 Arrested for Prostitutio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
It compromises public safety because it's illegal. I just wish the cops could focus on dangerous stuff and leave consenting adults (assuming the women were consenting adult) alone.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Topless folks touching each other tenderly sounds like a whole lotta fun. ( AS IF!) I guess that's why people pay to have a good time.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
That's because it's illegal. If it were regulated it would be safer for the sex workers, less violence, less sexual disease transmission, and cities/states could make money on taxing the bordellos. And do you really think it's going anywhere? It's been around since the dawn of man.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Prostitution is illegal because it compromises the public safeties/public goods.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
We should legalize prostitution so that there is an area for it. That way people don't have to be shocked. Though I'm not sure that folk having sex on the floor above where there is a child is shocking (I guess old married couples don't do it anymore?). Oh well, I also don't get why chain saw murderer movies are rated PG 13 and movies with topless folk touching each other tenderly are rated R.

Well said.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/5 15:16
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Great, now their employees and patrons will be wandering Tonnelle Ave instead.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:05

Journal Square's Young Star Spa raided, Fifth Time in Three Years -- 10 Arrested for Prostitution
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City massage parlor raided; site of 10 arrests on prostitution charges

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
October 01, 2009

City investigators raided Young Star Spa in Jersey City today where there's been 10 previous arrests on prostitution charges
Here we go again.

For the fifth time in three years, a massage parlor located above a pediatric doctor's office in the Journal Square area was raided again today. It is the site of 10 prior arrests for prostitution, officials said.

"It is without a doubt a public nuisance and that kind of defiance will not be tolerated within our jurisdiction," Fire Department Director Armando Roman said. "If they open up again, we will be there to cite them accordingly."

City investigators responded to the Young Star Spa this afternoon after getting a call from a woman who was bringing her son for a visit to the doctor's office located one floor below in the three-story building at Kennedy Boulevard at Sip Avenue. She had witnessed a recent raid and was shocked to see men coming and going again.

Inside the Young Spa there are five massage rooms including one that has two massage tables pushed together. On the joined tables are pillows and blankets, including an electric blanket. A nearby shelf has lotions, sprays and napkins. One massage room is tiled and the massage table is below shower heads.

There are security cameras above the front and back doors and monitors inside. The back door is marked only with the word "Star."

Police and city inspectors last raided the spa the night of Sept. 16 and that day they arrested En Shu Yan, 38, of Union Street in Jersey City, and Geun Young Lee, 44, of Queens, charging them with prostitution, reports said.

Lee was at the spa today when police entered but there were no customers at the time and she was not arrested again, said Fire Prevention Inspector Matt Barrett of the Jersey City Mayor's Task Force.

"It's a shame that people are trying to go to the doctor with their children and just above their head for the past three and an half years this activity is taking place," Barrett said.

The owner of the building where the spa is located was cited for more than a dozen fire code violations, eight housing code violations and three violations issued by the incinerator authority, Barrett said.

The owner was also cited for not having a certificate of occupancy for a spa, Barrett said.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 0:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017