Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Can anyone in local goverment hold thier drink (Lipski this time)?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
It's not only "morally reprehensible," it's also hygienically reprehensible. What he did was a big risk to public health.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 1:53

It's not just Concert Goers
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/12 12:56
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/12 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
Did anyone catch Jay Leno's monologue last night? Lipski made it in......I guess negative attention is better then no attention....but like the mayor says...."Jersey City is a world class city"

Letterman opened the show with this last night. Big mention.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 13:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Best headline yet:

http://www.chartattack.com/news/62524/golden-shower-for-deadheads

"Golden shower for Deadheads"

Posted on: 2008/11/12 14:20

Re: It's not just Concert Goers

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/14 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
my god, is this what Jersey City politics has come to?
He's a disgrace to the city. He should resign. Now, the cover-up. How can he be trusted?

Surely we have more qualified candidates than this!

Posted on: 2008/11/12 15:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/14 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
NYT - 10/26/2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/nyr ... w-jersey/26councilnj.html

Councilman Puts Double-Dipping Issue Before Voters

- Lipski Quote -

Councilman Steve Lipski said he admired Mr. Fulop?s zeal but questioned his focus. Instead of concentrating on double-dipping, Mr. Fulop should take aim at elected officials who use their position to then obtain a lucrative government job, Mr. Lipski said.

?When he makes these proposals, it makes the rest of the council feel like we?re criminals and crooks and that we?re double-dippers,? Mr. Lipski said. ?I know a number of my colleagues work for the county or some other government agency, but I think only one or two had gotten their jobs after they were elected.?

- End Quote -

Tell us, do you know feel like a criminal?

Posted on: 2008/11/12 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Letterman
http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lat ... index/php/monologue.phtml

Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Letterman opened the show with this last night. Big mention.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Anybody remember how Lipski berated Dan Falcon for wearing that tee shirt that said,
"Get Drunk Get Naked Get Arrested Get Elected" at the Pay to Play Council vote.I think he said it was Embarrassing the city.
What does he think now.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 17:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/27 22:26
Group:
Banned
I am sick and tired of politicians using excuses to coverup for their bad behavior:

McGreevey: "I am a gay american"!
Spitzer: "I am holier than thou"...(when do the broads get here?)
Edwards: "I did have a 400 dollar haircut and yeah a woman on the side after all".
Healy: "I am going to get drunk and start a riot".
Willie Flood: "I appointed my son as the official paper clip holder of Jersey City...how am I suppose to know there is no such position but let me be clear he did a fantastic job".

Ps. This is meant to be sarcastic...some of the truth has been stretched.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
It's not only "morally reprehensible," it's also hygienically reprehensible. What he did was a big risk to public health.

Actually, he'd likely be more of a risk sneezing on them. Urine of a person without a urinary infection is sterile. Not that I'd like to be peed on, being crapped on continually by city hall is quite enough for me.

I used to think that we weren't unique, that most small cities had complete losers running their governments. But between the antics of Healy, Flood and Lipski, it's clear we are in a class of our own.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
You would think Healy would speak out on the issue and make a statement - Suspension from cityhall and the charter school without pay for Lipski until the court hearing and then if guilty, his ass hits the streets.......its just a dream !

Posted on: 2008/11/12 20:04
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
You would think Healy would speak out on the issue and make a statement - Suspension from cityhall and the charter school without pay for Lipski until the court hearing and then if guilty, his ass hits the streets.......its just a dream !

If anything, Healy is probably feeling extremely threatened by Lipski. He thought his status as Town Lush was safe, now he's wondering how to top Lipski!

Posted on: 2008/11/12 20:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
It's so funny that whenever I hear people on the radio or in person talk about this the first thing they react to is the fact that he was seeing a GD tribute band.
He should be dismissed from his position at the charter school, what kind of role model is he now?

Posted on: 2008/11/13 10:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps he should get one of these.
http://www.uroclub.com/details.html

Posted on: 2008/11/13 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

soulman wrote:
Perhaps he should get one of these.
http://www.uroclub.com/details.html

Resized Image

Do they sell a similar device for #2 or would you just use your golf bag? Ewwwww, I think I just grossed myself out!

Posted on: 2008/11/13 13:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/13 22:23
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Healy did speak up, he said that Lipski doesn't need to resign.

Demand that Lipski resign. Demand it.

If you sit idly by, you are endorsing this inexcusable behavior.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 26561236178300.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2008/11/13 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
This is all very funny, but PEOPLE-GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

First--It's no surprise that Healy would not have someone resign over an alcohol-related offense, given his own history. He also doesn't think anything is wrong with Willie Flood's (JC counselwoman) nepotism (really embezzlement from JC), or Kabili Tayari's (deputy mayor) auto theft & theft from the local NAACP, or his own debauchery. This is an extremely abbreviated list of the corruption in this town, and these are intentional acts.

Put Lipski's offense at the bottom of the list. At least this guy has admitted he's an alcoholic and is seeking treatment. (Actually, if you believe him, he fell off the wagon after 2 years sober).

Posted on: 2008/11/13 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
This is all very funny, but PEOPLE-GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

First--It's no surprise that Healy would not have someone resign over an alcohol-related offense, given his own history. He also doesn't think anything is wrong with Willie Flood's (JC counselwoman) nepotism (really embezzlement from JC), or Kabili Tayari's (deputy mayor) auto theft & theft from the local NAACP, or his own debauchery. This is an extremely abbreviated list of the corruption in this town, and these are intentional acts.

Put Lipski's offense at the bottom of the list. At least this guy has admitted he's an alcoholic and is seeking treatment. (Actually, if you believe him, he fell off the wagon after 2 years sober).

I have some PERSPECTIVE which I've had from my very first post about this. We all know that Lipski has said he won't resign his council seat and I never expected him to. His term ends in about 7 months and people will remember this. They have the choice to vote him out. No doubt the would-be opposition is coming up with a lot of creative slogans already. Nor can Healy make him resign even if he wanted him to - a formal recall petition is required for that and it is unlikely that anybody, least of all Mayor Healy, wants to go to the trouble of organizing that.

What I've been talking about from the getgo here is Lipski's other job - Executive Director of Create Charter High School - a PUBLICLY FUNDED high school, I might add, where he is supposed to be a role model for the students attending there (if it was a private high school it would be entirely in the hands of the school's board of directors and I wouldn't care so much because its not my money anyway). Why do my tax dollars have to pay somebody to run a school who, in my mind, is an extremely poor role model for the teenagers attending it? Lipski has not said anything about whether he will be leaving his post at this school but it doesn't look like anything has changed, nor have we heard anything about Create Charter's trustees having any kind of special meeting.

Lipski can be voted out of his council seat. He can't be voted out of this position at a public school paid for with your and my tax dollars.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
I doubt that Lipski fell off the wagon and hadn't had a drink in 2 years...what is he going to say...i'm a drunken fool but i usually don't projectile urinate on people...it's tough to love this city and the people who run it..county executives shaking down people, a diabetic mayor who continues to drink like a frat boy and gets into scrapples and now a councilperson who acts like an animal.. I'm having alot of trouble having empathy for Lipski. he has shown very little remorse and acting like an arrogant arse at the last council meeting.

I still have high hopes for what this city could become.. more people like Fulop, Dan Levin and Shelly Skinner will become involved in running this horse town.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I still can't believe that in this day and age of hitech that no one caught this incident on video and posted it on youtube.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:48

Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another 'Dead Head' tribute concert -2006
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Latest Lipski shocker: Jersey City councilman was busted for drunk driving after a 'Dead Head' concert in 2006

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Thursday November 13, 2008, 9:14 PM

A drunk driving arrest in Pennsylvania in 2006 after a Grateful Dead tribute band concert put Jersey City Councilman Steven Lipski on the wagon for two years.

But then last Friday in Washington, at another Dark Star Orchestra concert, Lipski relapsed and was arrested on charges he urinated on two people in the crowd.

Since that scandalous arrest, Lipski has been showered with ridicule and scorn in the media and on online forums. It also resulted in his dramatic public confession on Monday to being an alcoholic.

Ironically, it was not his first run in with the law following some drinking at a Dark Star Orchestra concert.According to court records, Lipski was arrested on Dec. 8, 2006 in Abington, Pa. on charges that included driving with a blood alcohol level above twice the legal limit, driving on a sidewalk, reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person, careless driving and disregarding a traffic lane.

Lipski, who also directs a Jersey City charter school, was a apparantly a handful for the police. He was additionally charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct/fighting, and disorderly conduct/obscene language or gesture.

Last night the 44-year-old councilman refused to discuss specifics of his 2006 arrest, saying only his was the sole vehicle involved and no one was hurt.

"I had gone to see the Dark Star Orchestra show, had a few drinks and fell asleep at the wheel," he added.

Lipski said the accident prompted him to go on a two-year dry streak, until he found himself last week downing gin and tonics with longtime chums down in Washington.

The two disorderly conduct charges and the charges of driving on the sidewalk, reckless driving and endangering another person were all withdrawn.

With respect to the remaining offenses, a judge allowed Lipski to enter into Pennsylvania's Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition Program and ordered him to do community service and undergo a year of supervised release.

Finally, all the Pennsylvania charges were dismissed in September after Lipski successfully completed ARD.

Lipski said he spent a day in Pennsylvania loading old tires onto a recycling truck to fulfill his community service requirement. The councilman said he retained a lawyer to work on having the Abington matter expunged from his record.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 2:45

Re: Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another 'Dead Head' tribute concert -
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Latest Lipski shocker: Jersey City councilman was busted for drunk driving after a 'Dead Head' concert in 2006

A drunk driving arrest in Pennsylvania in 2006 after a Grateful Dead tribute band concert put Jersey City Councilman Steven Lipski on the wagon for two years.

But then last Friday in Washington, at another Dark Star Orchestra concert, Lipski relapsed and was arrested on charges he urinated on two people in the crowd.

Since that scandalous arrest, Lipski has been showered with ridicule and scorn in the media and on online forums. It also resulted in his dramatic public confession on Monday to being an alcoholic.

Ironically, it was not his first run in with the law following some drinking at a Dark Star Orchestra concert.According to court records, Lipski was arrested on Dec. 8, 2006 in Abington, Pa. on charges that included driving with a blood alcohol level above twice the legal limit, driving on a sidewalk, reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person, careless driving and disregarding a traffic lane.

Lipski, who also directs a Jersey City charter school, was a apparantly a handful for the police. He was additionally charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct/fighting, and disorderly conduct/obscene language or gesture.

Last night the 44-year-old councilman refused to discuss specifics of his 2006 arrest, saying only his was the sole vehicle involved and no one was hurt.

"I had gone to see the Dark Star Orchestra show, had a few drinks and fell asleep at the wheel," he added.

Lipski said the accident prompted him to go on a two-year dry streak, until he found himself last week downing gin and tonics with longtime chums down in Washington.

The two disorderly conduct charges and the charges of driving on the sidewalk, reckless driving and endangering another person were all withdrawn.

With respect to the remaining offenses, a judge allowed Lipski to enter into Pennsylvania's Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition Program and ordered him to do community service and undergo a year of supervised release.

Finally, all the Pennsylvania charges were dismissed in September after Lipski successfully completed ARD.

Lipski said he spent a day in Pennsylvania loading old tires onto a recycling truck to fulfill his community service requirement. The councilman said he retained a lawyer to work on having the Abington matter expunged from his record.

SHAME!

Posted on: 2008/11/14 2:58

Re: Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another 'Dead Head' tribute concert -
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Well, considering what Ted Kennedy has gotten away with, I guess Mr. Lipski's behavior is fairly tame. Of course, Ted Kennedy doesn't run a high school and never did.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:11

Re: Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another \'Dead Head\' tribute concert -
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
DESECRATION 1: A Dead cover band show at the (new) 9:30 club.

DESECRATION 2: A JC pol repeatedly going to the 9:30 club and making a drunken ass of himself (why in DC; I wonder).

DESECRATION 3: Peeing on (even G-Dead) fans from the balcony.

Apparently, Lipski is the antithesis of the DC Straight Edge scene. Given his age he should know better.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/22 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
What a disgrace! Getting drunk despite a history of getting drunk and driving on sidewalks, pissing on people, lying about pissing on people, refusing to resign either of his government jobs.

Does anyone here live in Lipski's district? Anyone who doesn't regularly piss on people and lie about it? You've got my support. Any early word on who is planning on running for that seat?

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Here's what's really galling:

1. Lipski pulls down a salary of $105K a year for running CREATE Charter school - salary details

2. His school currently boasts state scores that indicate only 53.1% of his students meet standardized reading proficiency and 21.7% meet basic math proficiency.

3. Further, only 33% of his graduating students appear to go on to a 4-year college.

4. CREATE'S AYP status indicates that they are not making adequate yearly progress. (AYP targets are set for state test proficiency and participation, as well as for other academic indicators such as attendance and graduation rates)

Nice work at the helm. Our children deserve better.

state scores

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It seems that twice now he has lied in his explanation of the events in both cases. He should go. See you at the ballot box.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Here's what's really galling:

1. Lipski pulls down a salary of $105K a year for running CREATE Charter school - salary details

2. His school currently boasts state scores that indicate only 53.1% of his students meet standardized reading proficiency and 21.7% meet basic math proficiency.

3. Further, only 33% of his graduating students appear to go on to a 4-year college.

4. CREATE'S AYP status indicates that they are not making adequate yearly progress. (AYP targets are set for state test proficiency and participation, as well as for other academic indicators such as attendance and graduation rates)

Nice work at the helm. Our children deserve better.

state scores

Well maybe it won't be necessary for him to tender his resignation at Create Charter - the place might get shut down by the state if it doesn't seriously turn around.

$105,000 to run your own non-profit built mostly with state tax dollars and where you get to run your own show? Nice. I guess I'm in the wrong business.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 5:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The councilman said he retained a lawyer to work on having the Abington matter expunged from his record.

Lipsky said he hired a cleaning contractor in Washington, DC to have that incident sponged from his record as well.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 5:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! This guy isn't a public servant, he's a public menace!

Drunk to the point where you fall asleep at the wheel? There is no excuse for drunk driving, ever, but that is above and beyond.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 11:05

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017