Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 27 »

Re: Republican Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Money, Money and Mo' Money! Citizens United! Voted for by the SCOTUS, Money Rules!

So what's the problem?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

Do i like the involvement of Wall Street or any big donors in Clinton's campaign or politics in general? No, I don't but at least she does not position herself as the anti-Wall Street candidate...

More laughs. You are joking, right?

This comes straight from her own website:

The Facts: Clinton Has The Toughest Plan To Take On Wall Street And The Financial Industry

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefin ... d-the-financial-industry/

One point for you.

What about the other part you conveniently ignored: Trump positions himself as the anti-Wall Street candidate but accepts big donations from them and they compose almost half of his economic advisory council but you have no problem with that.
Can I laugh at you too? One point for me?

The truth is I don't like that and was not happy to see this news. But given the fact that Wall Street has pumped over 100x more money into her campaign than Trump's, I think that he is far more likely to take them on than her.

There's a 0% chance these firms are pumping all this money into her without expecting a handsome return on their investment. Almost all of Trump's contributions (to the extent he is not self-funding) come from small donors, who do not expect the same favors.
are you for real? donald has stated he wants to repeal dodd-frank. if the big banks are not donating to donald, it is because they realize how repugnant he is.

Are you for real? Explain this:

Wall Street readies big Trump assault

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03 ... -trump-wall-street-220141

Yes, I'm sure that Wall Street types of all people suddenly developed a conscience and are simply acting out of moral concerns.

Posted on: 2016/8/9 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A surge in Democratic voter registration has cut Republicans? advantage in Orange County to less than 6 percentage points and has doubled the number of Democratic cities over the past year.

The Republican margin has been shrinking since 1990, when the GOP edge was 22 points. But in the past six months, the pace of change has been four times as fast as the 26-year average ? due in part to the GOP?s controversial presidential nominee. That could hurt the local Republicans in November?s down-ticket races.

?Donald Trump has become our best marketing tool,? said Henry Vandermeir, chairman of the Democratic Party of Orange County. ?He?s insulted pretty much every constituency in this county, which has helped drive Democratic registration and turnout to new highs.?

Vandermeir?s registration efforts have gotten a boost from other quarters. In addition to the county Democratic Party, at least four left-leaning groups ? including MoveOn.org ? have been registering voters in Orange County. County GOP Chairman Fred Whitaker said his party has gotten virtually no outside help.

It keeps getting better.

Posted on: 2016/8/9 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

Do i like the involvement of Wall Street or any big donors in Clinton's campaign or politics in general? No, I don't but at least she does not position herself as the anti-Wall Street candidate...

The Facts: Clinton Has The Toughest Plan To Take On Wall Street And The Financial Industry

One point for you.

What about the other part you conveniently ignored: Trump positions himself as the anti-Wall Street candidate but accepts big donations from them and they compose almost half of his economic advisory council but you have no problem with that.

The truth is I don't like that and was not happy to see this news. But given the fact that Wall Street has pumped over 100x more money into her campaign than Trump's, I think that he is far more likely to take them on than her.

There's a 0% chance these firms are pumping all this money into her without expecting a handsome return on their investment. Almost all of Trump's contributions (to the extent he is not self-funding) come from small donors, who do not expect the same favors.
are you for real? donald has stated he wants to repeal dodd-frank. if the big banks are not donating to donald, it is because they realize how repugnant he is.

Are you for real? Explain this:

Wall Street readies big Trump assault

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03 ... -trump-wall-street-220141

Yes, I'm sure that Wall Street types of all people suddenly developed a conscience and are simply acting out of moral concerns.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

One point for you.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Almost all of Trump's contributions (to the extent he is not self-funding) come from small donors, who do not expect the same favors.

Bernie had said the same thing about Hillary and her donors

Posted on: 2016/8/8 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

One point for you.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone else noticed how white Obama's hair has become now that he's lying for Hillary

Posted on: 2016/8/8 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

One point for you.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i almost fell outta my chair listening to trump's economic plan!

Posted on: 2016/8/8 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/8 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
So Trump's economic advisors are mostly billionaires, only men

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08 ... his-biggest-donors-226758

Trump?s economic advisers are also his biggest donors
They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher
08/07/16 07:21 AM EDT

From a logistical standpoint this makes good sense - choosing the big donors as economic advisers.

That is just terrible news.... can we get a quote from The Goldman Sachs Cabal supporting Hillary??? With the democrats, one of that group usually turnout to be the next Treasurer. So what is your point by this... did you have a "short circuit" feigning faux outrage?

Wasn't Trump supposed to be different?

Compare the paltry amount in donations that Trump has received from Wall Street with the $100 million+ that Crooked Hillary has received from them and you'd find that indeed, Trump is very different.

Among hedge funds alone, they have donated nearly $50 million to her with only $19,000 to Trump.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hedge-fun ... r-donald-trump-1469784601

The $19,000 number does not match the ones in the politico ones. For examples:
- ? Stephen Feinberg, co-founder and CEO of Cerberus Capital Management, who contributed $339,400 to Trump Victory, the Republican?s nominee joint fundraising account with the national and state Republican parties. Feinberg's wife gave another $339,400.

How do you feel about all these hedge fund managers not only contributing to his campaign but also being part of his economic advisory council? what about the fact that almost half the members of his economic advisory council donated significantly to his campaign?

You guys are laughable.... Hillary's son-in-law manages a well known hedge fund and ask me about his father???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Mezvinsky

This weeks mission MSM... disassociate HRC with big money and Wall Street... Good Luck with that one.

If you feel Hillary represents your values, by all means, get out and vote for her.

You might want to hold out though, I understand the DNC will be flying into Teterboro pallets of cash for votes.... need to ensure a landslide!

Trump positions himself as the anti-Wall Street candidate but accepts big donations from them and they compose almost half of his economic advisory council but you have no problem with that. And I am the one who is laughable? Seriously?

Posted on: 2016/8/8 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

From a logistical standpoint this makes good sense - choosing the big donors as economic advisers.

That is just terrible news.... can we get a quote from The Goldman Sachs Cabal supporting Hillary??? With the democrats, one of that group usually turnout to be the next Treasurer. So what is your point by this... did you have a "short circuit" feigning faux outrage?

Compare the paltry amount in donations that Trump has received from Wall Street with the $100 million+ that Crooked Hillary has received from them and you'd find that indeed, Trump is very different.

Among hedge funds alone, they have donated nearly $50 million to her with only $19,000 to Trump.

- ? Stephen Feinberg, co-founder and CEO of Cerberus Capital Management, who contributed $339,400 to Trump Victory, the Republican?s nominee joint fundraising account with the national and state Republican parties. Feinberg's wife gave another $339,400.

How do you feel about all these hedge fund managers not only contributing to his campaign but also being part of his economic advisory council? what about the fact that almost half the members of his economic advisory council donated significantly to his campaign?

You guys are laughable.... Hillary's son-in-law manages a well known hedge fund and ask me about his father???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Mezvinsky

This weeks mission MSM... disassociate HRC with big money and Wall Street... Good Luck with that one.

If you feel Hillary represents your values, by all means, get out and vote for her.

You might want to hold out though, I understand the DNC will be flying into Teterboro pallets of cash for votes.... need to ensure a landslide!

Posted on: 2016/8/8 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

Like I said, whatever they donated to him is dwarfed on a massive scale compared to what they donated to Hillary so it does not bother me at all.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

Posted on: 2016/8/8 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

Posted on: 2016/8/8 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

Posted on: 2016/8/8 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

Posted on: 2016/8/8 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

They?re also all men.

By Shane Goldmacher

Posted on: 2016/8/8 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
New evidence now suggests that Trump could be right. O-blame-a did send cash to Iran for hostages and the Iranians video taped it. It was reported by daily mail.

Interesting dilemma - cash for live hostages or dead hostages with no payment, but public outcry - hostages rescued by force has a poor percentage of success, with some or all hostages killed by kidnappers or friendly fire!

I wonder how many parents / families would be happy with the non-payment method ... I wonder if a family from the political bureaucracy would be happy with the non-payment method of a loved one held hostage too ?

You don't get it. If you pay for hostages, you just encourage more hostage taking.

Trump and campaign admitted there was no film, and the facts don't add up - money paid to release hostages.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/4/12370848/ransom-iran-400-million

But believe whatever you want!

By January 2016, the countries had struck a deal ? the US would pay Iran $1.7 billion, which amounts to about $300 million in interest on top of the originally frozen assets (accounting for inflation).

The settlement was announced the same day in January as Iran received its first round of sanctions relief from the Iran deal.

The $400 million payment, delivered in foreign cash because US law prevents the government from giving Iran dollars, was the first installment toward the $1.7 billion total. Getting together large amounts of foreign cash is hard, apparently ? hence the installment plan.

So there you have it. The payment, which sounds really shady out of context, was actually the end of a boring, decades-old international legal case totally unrelated to the hot-button nuclear and prisoner issues.

Are you sure your quoting the correct person? Because your response is not pertinent to my post.

Or did you find an article that supports your view and just get oh so excited!

Posted on: 2016/8/7 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
New evidence now suggests that Trump could be right. O-blame-a did send cash to Iran for hostages and the Iranians video taped it. It was reported by daily mail.

Interesting dilemma - cash for live hostages or dead hostages with no payment, but public outcry - hostages rescued by force has a poor percentage of success, with some or all hostages killed by kidnappers or friendly fire!

I wonder how many parents / families would be happy with the non-payment method ... I wonder if a family from the political bureaucracy would be happy with the non-payment method of a loved one held hostage too ?

You don't get it. If you pay for hostages, you just encourage more hostage taking.

Trump and campaign admitted there was no film, and the facts don't add up - money paid to release hostages.

By January 2016, the countries had struck a deal ? the US would pay Iran $1.7 billion, which amounts to about $300 million in interest on top of the originally frozen assets (accounting for inflation).

The settlement was announced the same day in January as Iran received its first round of sanctions relief from the Iran deal.

The $400 million payment, delivered in foreign cash because US law prevents the government from giving Iran dollars, was the first installment toward the $1.7 billion total. Getting together large amounts of foreign cash is hard, apparently ? hence the installment plan.

So there you have it. The payment, which sounds really shady out of context, was actually the end of a boring, decades-old international legal case totally unrelated to the hot-button nuclear and prisoner issues.

Oh... Nice regurgitation by Vox of the official Obama Spin... you left out the part where the Iranians don't have an international banking system (Sharia??) and are unable to take EFT or checks. So explain why when the West bends over backwards to "help" the Mullahs (cash really??) they always bitch slap Obama and Kerry in return? Do the Iranian ransom payment statements now nullify the final payments of whatever deal Obama claims is in place???

Posted on: 2016/8/7 13:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/7 4:49

Edited by SOS on 2016/8/7 5:10:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
American Nazi Chair: Trump Win Would Be ?A Real Opportunity? For White Nationalists

?Now, if Trump does win, okay, it?s going to be a real opportunity for people like white nationalists, acting intelligently to build upon that??

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyns ... erm=.niJRvmRdl#.tw2wyYwQg

Posted on: 2016/8/7 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/7 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

I would imagine that the parents or family of any hostage would not care what method was used to return their love ones. Payment for hostages however is agaist our government's policy as it could lead to additional terrorism.

Posted on: 2016/8/7 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Except that Obama and Kerry are made to look like fools again... Not only are the Iranians publishing photos of the cash on a pallet, they say the cash was ransom. Why go to the trouble of changing currency from US to other kinds?

And now they have taken more American hostages. Remember when they traded 5 senior Taliban leaders and $1 million cash for one US traitor?

Posted on: 2016/8/7 3:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I think DONALD TRUMP missed his best opportunity to be PRESIDENT about 20 years ago ... He would have been the perfect candidate for an easy win ... but there would be only one catch.

TRUMP would have been perfect for South Africa during the years of apartheid!

Posted on: 2016/8/7 1:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/7 1:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How so?

Posted on: 2016/8/7 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the money belonged to iran in any event!

Posted on: 2016/8/6 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/6 23:10

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 27 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017