Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
25 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 24

brewster, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (Asif)




Re: Apt to rent near Journal Square Path Station
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home




Stop with the BS neverleft!

IGREG was mocking ....an being a little more than racist with his comment.

If you go to the original post the writer said:

want to stay Journal Square area, with my family (myself, wife and an infant) for coming 3 years of my fellowship at Columbia.

Looking for a 1 to 2 BR apt for $1400 to $2000. Will need to have Parking, Central air conditioning and walk-able distance to Journal Square path station.

What are some places to rent with above in mind? Few I found:

1. Kennedy Lofts - looks good on website.

2. St. John's Apartment - read lot of bad reviews.

My family will greatly appreciate if you may please take some time in advising us.


Why would he stay at a hotel/Inn? For three years and with family in tow?

Unless he has money to burn. But he is on a fellowship...and most medical fellowships are not gold mines.

Posted on: 2/1 7:27
Top


Re: Apt to rent near Journal Square Path Station
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Your comment comes across as super douchey!


Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

drdkgupta wrote:


Can you please tell what did you mean by "Skillman Ave"? Any specific buildings? Thanks.



Here Gupta:

http://haibaninn.com/home

you will feel right at home.

Posted on: 1/31 12:09
Top


Re: Rent space to sell jewelry - downtown
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Just curious....do you have a website with the jewelry you sell?

Posted on: 12/30 19:36
Top


Re: ISO: Goat's Milk
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home



I was at WF in Union Square the other day and they had 4 kinds of goat milk....one of them may have been raw. Not 100 percent sure....was looking for eggnog.

Oh an some of the farmers market folks carry goats milk.

Posted on: 12/30 19:34
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/europe/ ... k-donald-trump/index.html



Chris Herbert

Promotions & Events Manager at Eskimo11.com, Portsmouths Best Student Events

· 388 followers
· December 8 at 3:07am · Dodworth, United Kingdom ·

Getting frustrated by some people expecting racism from me, because I got blown up. Here it is:

Yes. A Muslim man blew me up, and I lost my leg.

A Muslim man also lost his arm that day wearing a British Uniform.
A Muslim medic was in the helicopter that took me from the field
A Muslim surgeon performed the surgery that saved my life
A Muslim Nurse was part of the team that helped me when I returned to the UK
A Muslim Healthcare Assistant was part of the team that sorted out my day to day needs in rehabilitation when I was learning to walk
A Muslim taxi driver gave me a free ride the first time I went for a beer with my Dad after I came home.
A Muslim doctor offered my Dad comfort and advice in a pub, when he didnt know how to deal with my medicines and side effects.

Contrary to that,
A white brit spat in my girlfriends face for '#OOPS# a cripple when you could have me [him]'
A White brit pushed my wheelchair away from a lift so he could use it first.
A White brit screamed at my Dad for parking in a disabled bay when I was in the services coming home
(Although, alot of people helped in my recovery! I dont hate white brits either! hahaha)

Point is, #OOPS# off. I know who I dislike, and I know who I dont. I know who I appreciate, and I know who I dont. If you want to hate an entire race of men and women for the actions of a few dickheads feel free, but don't push your views on me, thinking I am an easy target because one douchebag decided it was my day to die.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of groups like Daeshe and the Taliban, is like blaming all Christians for the actions of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church.
Get a grip of your lives, hug your family and get back to work

Posted on: 12/11 19:59
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Pebble, Sir(or Ms).......KUDOS to you. :)

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Pebbles...

I am challenging your faulty logic that equalizes organized Muslim violence against your perception of organized Christian attacks on Planned Parenthood offices.

Full stop right here.
1. I never wrote “organized Christian attacks.” If you so need to search the archives, by all means. It never happened.

2. I’m equating the shootings of the two individuals in San Bernardino and the individual that went to Planned Parenthood.

In both instances, the parties were not a member of a larger organization. In both instances, the parties were radicalized by watching highly inflammatory material online. In both instances, a religious group was behind the production of the materials. In both instances, innocent people were murdered. In both instances, the parties obtained their weapons legally. In both instances, the parties were legal U.S. citizens (save the wife which moved here via marriage and does not appear to be the impetus for the attacks). In both instances, the parties were radicalized while living in the U.S. as citizens (again, save the wife which was possibly/probably radicalized prior but the latest information says that the husband was radicalized before he met her).

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Is it possible that the recent Denver PP Office attack could be carried by an agnostic/atheist who finds scavenging for baby parts morally offensive to his personal value system? So far authorities have not linked that killer to any Christian organization.

For one, writing “scavenging for baby parts” shows a severe lack of knowledge regarding what specifically Planned Parenthood was doing. I also find the use of “scavenging” to be an exceptionally funny word in this instance

The reality is, the shooter at Planned Parenthood was radicalized by Christians with a specific agenda. The end result is dead doctors and wounded police officers. On top of this, I had posted multiple links about Christians celebrating the murder of those doctors.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Then offering the link to 12/01/15 CNN news analysis of a 2010 report about PP Office violence between 1973 and 2003 to support your premise was priceless. Can’t CNN find any Rand Report more current that supports their anti-Christian / pro gun control bias?

It’s rather sad that your argument here is that CNN is biased (something that’s rather silly) and that I didn’t post all sorts of recent links.

The simple fact is that I posted two links to two sources (one very recent using FBI data) proving that there is a rise in attacks on Planned Parenthood. You have provided zero links backing up anything you have written.

In the most basic of debate structures, your argument is based on personal biases and feelings about a topic. Your argument is not based in reality or factual evidence.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
The CNN news anchors tried to attribute the initial shooting reports in San Bernardino as an attack on a PP Office blocks away from the actual shooting address. They looked pretty sad when they were corrected by the local reporter.

I don’t watch CNN. I don’t really care about it. What I know is that CNN used a headline stating that an anti-Trump protestor was escorted out of an event while most other news agencies ran with the story of how said protestor was assaulted and beaten.

I am also quite impressed with your mind reading skills at determining the motive of television anchors and their deep desires.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
The 2010 report indicated that in the US over a 30 year span, a total of 6 people were murdered with 4 attempted charges. So, how do those numbers compare against Muslim atrocities committed within the USA during the same time period? Let’s start with the (2) obvious attacks on the WTC where thousands died?

This is a rather interesting false equivalence that you want to propose. You limit Christian attacks to one type of location and one type of motive, Planned Parenthood and anti-Abortion. You choose to include attacks by Al Qaeda along with ISIS and atrocities performed by thug governments run by people that happen to be Muslim.

What if we opened up all Christian attacks… for instance every Klan murder. You also have the assaulting of gay people for being gay. How about the rampant attacks on Muslims (and non-Muslims that just looked brown enough) after 9/11 occurred? I have neighbors that have been assaulted in the last week for simply being Muslim.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
As to current FBI statistics you mention, I have no faith that they can honestly assess evidence in these jihadi crimes without redefining extremist violence as workplace violence to protect the failed Obama Open Borders Policy that you foolishly embrace.

So what you are saying is that the government agency in charge of our safety is just making up numbers and statistics. Of course your evidence for this is...?

To reiterate a point I made earlier: I am providing links and evidence to back up the factual statements that I have made. You are responding to this with conspiracy theories back up by your own personal belief. At least Yvonne had posted a link to NewsMax, as absurd as they are, to backup her bigoted argument!

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Your denial of Muslim terror and its true threat to American citizens, now from inside the US, is just stunning.

I’m unsure of what “Muslim terror” I should be afraid of.

Is it radicalized Muslims? I am not scared of them. I do want them caught, detained and interrogated in order to gain further insight.

Is it the Muslim children coming over from Syria? Nope. I’m not afraid of children. They usually just want to run around and play.

The reality is that we are threatened by many things on a daily basis. I think gang activity in our city is a bigger threat than the possibility of Muslims attacking Barcade. I also think gang activity is a bigger threat than Christians attacking a Planned Parenthood.

You choose to focus all of your cowardice on brown people that pray to Allah. I can only feel sorry for you. I would hate to walk around with such fear each and every day.


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Didn't Leibowitz retire?

He did just sign a new deal with HBO. Not sure what he's doing with them, but his retirement didn't last too long...

Posted on: 12/10 11:04
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


I too studied a bit of HL Mencken...and found his writing a bit dry....but always felt that it still rung true to today's events.

That quote below is truly a gem and so on point...boy did i miss a zinger in some of my readings.

Quote:

JCishome wrote:
One of the few things I remember from my expensive political science degree is this quote from HL Mencken, written in 1920. It took a lot of years, but it looks like his prediction has finally come true:

"The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Posted on: 12/10 11:02
Top


Re: Exclusive Buyer Agreement?
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home





For a slightly different approach to real estate buying an selling try REDFIN.

http://press.redfin.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=252734&p=irol-about

Posted on: 12/6 9:28
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


The nut jobbers are right this time. My deaf, blind, mute an physically incapacitated neighbor rented out the local VFW to a bunch muslims on 9/11 so they could celebrate the dropping of the towers.

He was so disgusted he didnt report it. But he did say that, they sure know how to put on a great spread. He had a great time drinking peach schnapps an dancing to the BeeGees.

So don't you dare call my neighbor a liar!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2015/11/23 14:26
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Third Street as you pointed out below, " There is nothing anything fearful...."

I found the opposite on this thread....and i have posted those comments i find most disturbing.

The Following are quotes an statements made by many that I find disturbing:

Hopefully the people of Paris wake up and vote in a far right party, who will properly acknowledge and deal with the problem.
Maybe we should first recognize that importing Muslims = importing terrorists. Not all Muslims are terrorists but all of these terrorists are Muslim.


That wasn't clear from his post but thank you. Ben Norton should be on the list then. However, although quoting someone else's reprehensible statements isn't as bad, the fact remains that this is the same sentiment expressed by Osama Bin Laden.

The fact that a "progressive" outlet has completely lost sight of that, or doesn't care, speaks volumes about the current state of their ideology.

It sounds like you need to be placed on a watchlist Asif ... you are aware that non-radical muslims are fighting radical muslims in Syria?


Then we can stop accepting these hordes of "refugees." Then we can spy on mosques and deport the Muslims who show radical tendencies.

No camps required.

Foreign will use the oppressed natives of the county they are "attacking" an easy employee to implement their deed. remember the box cutter incident on the plane ?


Sometimes the innocent must suffer, I'm getting tired of being kiced around and responding "thank you sir may I have another"


loodthirsty Muslims have been killing each other, committing acts of terrorism, and taking slaves for literally the entirety of recorded history.

For one of many examples, Muslims on the Barbary Coast of North Africa used to invade Europe and take white slaves. They did this from the 15th - 19th centuries, taking over 1 million white slaves. Long before any "imperialist" nonsense came about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

So no, when more bloodthirsty "refugee" Muslims decide to hold mass executions in France and slaughter 150 innocents, it is not the West's fault.

Here's what Winston Churchill had to say about Islam, back in 1899 (before the U.S. and its allies "bombed weddings and hospitals"):

“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property—either as a child, a wife, or a concubine—must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science—the science against which it had vainly struggled—the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."


Bloodthirsty Muslims have been killing each other, committing acts of terrorism, and taking slaves for literally the entirety of recorded history.

For one of many examples, Muslims on the Barbary Coast of North Africa used to invade Europe and take white slaves. They did this from the 15th - 19th centuries, taking over 1 million white slaves. Long before any "imperialist" nonsense came about.


This is true, the girls in harems were Europeans removed from passenger ships. There was a movie, based on writings of one of these girls, who was French.


You sound like the typical candidate for radicalisation by extremist groups ... It sounds as if you believe what happened in Paris could be justified ... maybe living in the US isn't for you!


ecause people in Paris live in a modern, civilized democracy. Not backwards shitholes that have been cesspools of violence for all of human history. Also, the US does not intentionally kill innocent civilians, while this is the only thing the Muslim terrorists know how to do.

Once Islam moves past the 7th century, then maybe you'll see more sympathy over what happens in Islamic theocracies. And there was plenty of sympathy for the innocent victims in the downed Russian airlines, not sure what you are talking about.

And like I said, Muslims have been committing terrorism, brutal atrocities, and taking slaves long before the "conservatives/neo conservatives" ever came to power.



Asif, an ISIS sympathizer, spammed a Salon piece which blamed the victims, and where every single top comment ripped the "article" apart and called it digusting.

And Manu claims that John Oliver "took on" the Paris attacks. You want to use John Oliver as some kind of moral example for anything?

Monroe wrote:
Nonsense. How can we 'screen' these people? Call the Syrian Embassy? Ask Isis? Why are over 70% of the 'refugees' men under 30? Where are the women? Children? Grandparents?


Please stop the Muslims from entering he United States, and send back recent ones until they go through a detailed check as we did with those who came here before them.


t's reported she was a cousin to the terrorist who masterminded the attacks. So you see, these muslim terrorists works within the family too. Obama is wrong on what he said, YES, Obama, WOMEN and even children (watch Fareed Zakaria's Blindsided-how ISIS/Al quaeda teach kids as young as 5 to become terrorists) can be terrorists too!

Who knows. She might just be meat to the 72 Virgins.

Hey, Mr. Deluded "Progressive." I don't have to go anywhere. My Governor has some common sense. Perhaps you should go move to one of the minority of states who would welcome these time bombs. Better yet, move out to the Middle East so you can be surrounded by your people.

In case you still don't understand, actual progressives are good. But they are in rare supply. There are a lot more "progressives," who are anything but. The core of their regressive ideology which is turning into their religion is that Republicans are bad, especially straight white Republicans, who they consider to be the equivalent of the Devil.

They claim to care for minorities, but they really don't. They only find them useful for their votes. As evidence, look how vicious "progressives" will treat a black conservative such as Clarence Thomas or Ben Carson.

They will also find a way to blame white people for absolutely everything at every turn. Angry black mobs seem to be the Popes of their religion, utterly infallible no matter what. They do vote 96% Democrat, after all!

Some of them are so truly deluded that they'd tell you they'd rather live among Muslims in the Middle East than in a conservative town.The author of that looney "piece" that was presented squarely fits into all of the above.


I believe you are indirectly supporting ISIS and terrorism by fighting to bring in the refugees. There will be plenty of good refugees, but there will be terrorists among them. It is going to lead to attacks here. So you may not realize it, but this is what you are supporting.


Atsushi, you seem like a classic crazy uncle type yourself. Getting all worked up over this issue, going around posting links to just about anything you come across which supports your way of thinking. lol




Quote:

Asif wrote:
In one of my posts...i wrote that although i don't want more violence....ISIS can only be stopped with boots on the ground.
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Not surprised about what you wrote even though you know nothing of me. And it almost makes me angry.....but what will that accomplish??? If you did read the article, you would know that "This is why........



Asif, actually I know a lot more about you than I care to based on your responses on this thread. Your first responses in this thread after the attack to was to use words like 'bigot' , and 'racist' to describe people making connections between muslim faith/people and terrorist. Then next was to trot out the standard liberal "oh they hate us because because we did this, that ..western imperilism/double standards" argument. Then for whatever reason, you got upset enough when someone expressed their willingness to defend this country, you had to put out a snippy response, to try and put them down.

Quote:
I know the truth can be scary that's why you answered me back with fear an hate.


There is nothing anything fearful or hateful about making the observation that there is something very wrong the muslim faith because it's adherents seem to cause so much violence and death in a way no other religion seems to do.


Posted on: 2015/11/23 8:14
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


In one of my posts...i wrote that although i don't want more violence....ISIS can only be stopped with boots on the ground.
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Not surprised about what you wrote even though you know nothing of me. And it almost makes me angry.....but what will that accomplish??? If you did read the article, you would know that "This is why........



Asif, actually I know a lot more about you than I care to based on your responses on this thread. Your first responses in this thread after the attack to was to use words like 'bigot' , and 'racist' to describe people making connections between muslim faith/people and terrorist. Then next was to trot out the standard liberal "oh they hate us because because we did this, that ..western imperilism/double standards" argument. Then for whatever reason, you got upset enough when someone expressed their willingness to defend this country, you had to put out a snippy response, to try and put them down.

Quote:
I know the truth can be scary that's why you answered me back with fear an hate.


There is nothing anything fearful or hateful about making the observation that there is something very wrong the muslim faith because it's adherents seem to cause so much violence and death in a way no other religion seems to do.


Posted on: 2015/11/23 8:07
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


You know little about me. Below is my first comment that i posted in this thread.



Quote:

Asif wrote:
I didnt see any other religious figure flanking Hollande.

But here ya go even though regardless it won't satisfy you cause its obvious your opinons of muslims borders on generalizations.

http://www.rtl.be/info/monde/internat ... euses-a-paris-770719.aspx


http://www.romandie.com/news/Le-grand ... ieuses-a-Paris/648789.rom

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Think Sully has it right. It's insane to blame the actions of a few hundred radicals on the entire 3-5 million Muslim population in the US. There'd be a hell of a lot more blood on our streets if the bigots were right. The fact there isn't proves the bigots wrong.



Bullshit. Why there are no grand muftis flanking Hollande condemning this act? Where were the imams after 9/11? Getting condemning statements from them was and is like pulling teeth. If they do it, they do it out of fear of reprisals.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 7:13
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home



http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first ... in-new-jersey-on-sept-11/

No news reports exist of people cheering in the streets, and both police officials and the mayor of Jersey City have said that it did not happen. An Internet rumor about people cheering in the streets, which said it was in Paterson, not Jersey City, has been denied numerous times by city and police officials.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
My neighbor took the Westside Avenue route every day returning home. On the day of 9/11, he told me he saw people cheering. I do remember reading the Star-Ledger, it wrote about the cheering that went on in Paterson which has a large Muslim population. I don't think the average Muslim was thrilled the world trade center buildings went down, but we can't be naive. The planning of the first world trade center attack happened in JC.



Coworker of mine during 9/11 lived in Paterson. She say a lot of celebration going on. Per her account, the police came into the area and told the residents to quit it.

Posted on: 2015/11/22 15:34
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


False Brag Attack
Someone claiming to be part of Anonymous warned of an imminent ISIS attack at a WWE event (and other locations), but @YourAnonNews disavowed the statement.


http://www.snopes.com/isis-wwe-attack/

Posted on: 2015/11/22 15:12
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home



You know i think you have a point. My grandpa Abe told me stories....luckily i have it on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kH3sjFmpaE

Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
When I moved to PH from NYC, I was told by old timers or those that's been living in PH for years before 9/11 they have seen one of the buildings a bunch of muslim men on the roof celebrating when the towers were hit. I suspect the same group of old timers in downtown told Trump when he chose to develop his real estate here. People do talk.

I know people on Westside said the same thing, there's a huge mosque in and around Kennedy to Harrison (ave?) or st. said the same thing about the muslims living there.

I also know people living up the Hill said the same thing. So you can say about Trump all you want but I've heard the same from the residence who lived from the Hill to Westside down to PH collaborated with what Trump said.

Posted on: 2015/11/22 14:23
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Not surprised about what you wrote even though you know nothing of me. And it almost makes me angry.....but what will that accomplish??? If you did read the article, you would know that "This is why........

That statement from beginning to end....was taken from the article. I know the truth can be scary that's why you answered me back with fear an hate.

I am not smart enough to say what i mean so....i turn to the gentleman below to get my meaning across.


“The moment when someone attaches you to a philosophy or a movement, then they assign all the baggage and all the rest of the philosophy that goes with it to you. And when you want to have a conversation, they will assert that they already know everything important there is to know about you because of that association. And that's not the way to have a conversation.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson


Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 10:53 PM UTC
This is why they hate us: The real American history neither Ted Cruz nor the New York Times will tell you
We talk democracy, then overthrow elected governments and prop up awful regimes. Let's discuss the actual history

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/18/this_ ... york_times_will_tell_you/


Asif, You can stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes. There is just something very wrong with your faith. How do explain the fact that muslims are in lethal conflict with with all the people they are living along side, whether it is Christians, Jews, Hindus or Buddhist and even other Muslims, all around the world?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/sam-h ... ering-christian-fascists/

Posted on: 2015/11/21 7:52
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Thanks. Although, i personally don't want more violence...ISIS unfortunately can only be stopped with boots on the ground.

The scary thing is if we don't learn from our past mistakes, wrongs an undemocratic means....then in time another monster will rise up and take shape.

I don't understand why so many people on this thread don't seem to understand that?

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 10:53 PM UTC
This is why they hate us: The real American history neither Ted Cruz nor the New York Times will tell you
We talk democracy, then overthrow elected governments and prop up awful regimes. Let's discuss the actual history

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/18/this_ ... york_times_will_tell_you/


Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i believe that if a few bombs fall on saudi arabia, the isis would crumble or run back home to help defend their motherland.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11 ... ne-and-shakes-hands-other
i hear you. the us doesn't give a sh_t about democracy unless it supports the us government's purpose. the us has supported some of the nastiest dictators that ever existed!

Posted on: 2015/11/21 7:46
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 10:53 PM UTC
This is why they hate us: The real American history neither Ted Cruz nor the New York Times will tell you
We talk democracy, then overthrow elected governments and prop up awful regimes. Let's discuss the actual history

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/18/this_ ... york_times_will_tell_you/


Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i believe that if a few bombs fall on saudi arabia, the isis would crumble or run back home to help defend their motherland.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11 ... ne-and-shakes-hands-other

Posted on: 2015/11/20 22:12
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home



Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:10
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


“There were a billion lights out there on the horizon and I knew that all of them put together weren't enough to light the darkness in the hearts of some men.”

Michael Connelly, The Scarecrow

Posted on: 2015/11/20 13:19
Top


Re: NJ voters overwhelmingly oppose rise in gas tax
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


I think we can all agree that everyone complains about taxes. I have never heard anyone say, "paying taxes is fun"!

Posted on: 2015/11/19 21:46
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home




Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Posted on: 2015/11/19 21:41
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


John McCain On Refugees: 'All Children Are God's Children'
He strongly disagreed with Republican calls to ban Muslim refugees, but accept Christians.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/j ... _564b9d61e4b08cda348b46b6



I haven't always agreed with him especially his turn to the right...when he was running for President with Palin....but gosh seeing him step up like this is awesome.

The man is a true hero in so many ways.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:26
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


I was never upset nor did i get upset concerning the individual who wishes to defend our country.

All I wanted to know is how do you defend this country? Last time i checked we have several layers of law enforcement who's job it is to defend us and be there for us in emergencies.

Many individuals on this post have expressed xenophobic, racist, and out right hate towards various groups.

Several individuals have alluded or out right have called me a terrorist and some have called for my internment.

Several have called for unfettered bombings of individuals even if they have nothing to do with terrorism. See the comments posted by the user HEIGHTS.

I don't have to prove my loyalty especially when i have not challenged someone's love for America.

How have I defended this nation? I don't know what i can do besides the following:

I vote in all the elections local, state, federal.
I have not committed any crimes...other than a parking ticket and once a moving violation(running a red light).
I pay my taxes.
I volunteer. Looking to volunteer this Thanksgiving.
I try to donate when i have the money.
I try to be polite and patient and say thank you to all that i am dealing with on a day to day basis.
I try to be aware of my surroundings. Once, i saw a guy looking into the windows of parked cars and saw him swipe some tools from a contractors van....upon seeing that i called the police an alerted the owner. They caught the guy and...the owner wanted to give me a small reward. I refused.
Hopefully you see where i am going with this. I try to be decent person... a decent citizen...all though i am sure that i make mistakes all the time.




Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Oh i see what you did there, making a veiled allusion that im some how sympathetic to ISIS. Nice smear.


I just find it really strange that you got upset enough when someone expressed an interest in defending this country, you were motivated to post something to try put them down. I don't see any reason to be upset at that even if you are for the refugees against islamophobia,


Quote:
I wasn't questioning that he wouldn't defend his country.....just when would he? How would he? Will they wait for him to get to the scene before they start their attack?


Of course, you would try to ask those kinds of questions because you know that even if someone had answers to them, it would be ridiculous for them for them spell them out on the internet.

Quote:
I hear lots of talk an frothing from the mouth of all the yahoos on this forum but no action.

And what about you? what are you doing? If anyone is frothing at the mouth, it appears to be you.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:26
Top


Re: Chick-fil-A, on the way!
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


On the 16th was my two year mark since becoming a vegetarian. Ive been on a hummus bender for the last two weeks. I blame it on discovering WholeFoods
Jalepeno Hummus. Its so good an am greatfull they only have small an medium tubs any bigger and id be big as a house.

I haven't had falafels forever....need to find time to hit up Mamouns at Washington Square.




Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Love Popeyes. I started eating Popeyes fried chicken when it was only available in New Orleans.

As I noted before, there are many good alternatives to supporting a rich bigot.


Seriously, who has the time to do this research. I eat chicken and rice, falafel sandwiches, gyros at least twice a week. Maybe some of that $ goes to ISIS, but the food is too delicious to boycott.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:51
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Lol okay, maybe you can offer your services to law enforcement agencies. I think they can use the levity...after all they appreciate all those psychics.

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:

I am assuming then you've booked your ticket to Syria to fight ISIS. Good luck brave sir.


Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Shocking to me was hearing Chris Matthews questioned that there are 4 million Syrian refugees, yet the US could only get 4 to volunteer to be trained to fight ISIS. Would only 1 in a million Americans stand up to defend our country? This is the type of people we want to come here??


Uh I was born here and still have no interest in defending this country. It's not a draft. Just because you decide to immigrate here doesn't mean you're obligated to join the military.


I was not born here and do have interest in defending this country.

Fuck you.


No, I'll defend this country here. I am all for concealed carry (and outing ISIS sympathizers).

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:37
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Oh i see what you did there, making a veiled allusion that im some how sympathetic to ISIS. Nice smear.

I wasn't questioning that he wouldn't defend his country.....just when would he? How would he? Will they wait for him to get to the scene before they start their attack?

I hear lots of talk an frothing from the mouth of all the yahoos on this forum but no action.


Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:

I am assuming then you've booked your ticket to Syria to fight ISIS. Good luck brave sir.


Quote:


I was not born here and do have interest in defending this country.

Fuck you.

Asif,
He said he had an interest in defending this country, what does that have to do with going to Syria? I too wasn't born in this country would strongly want to do want to whatever I could to defend it. The fact that that you see it fit to try and belittle someone who expresses that says volumes about where your true loyalties lie.


Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:31
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Most people regardless of their backgrounds, culture, faith...etc...want to live their lives in peace. It shouldn't be a surprise that most people would and do flee conflict. Most people fled during WWI and WWII. Why would it be any different in current conflicts?

Also, the majority of the people fighting Assad and ISIS are overwhelmingly Syrians and or Muslims.

Ps. I'll leave you with this mind blowing fact/statistic:

100% percent of JCLISTERS are not fighting ISIS.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Shocking to me was hearing Chris Matthews questioned that there are 4 million Syrian refugees, yet the US could only get 4 to volunteer to be trained to fight ISIS. Would only 1 in a million Americans stand up to defend our country? This is the type of people we want to come here??

Posted on: 2015/11/19 13:58
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home



I am assuming then you've booked your ticket to Syria to fight ISIS. Good luck brave sir.


Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Shocking to me was hearing Chris Matthews questioned that there are 4 million Syrian refugees, yet the US could only get 4 to volunteer to be trained to fight ISIS. Would only 1 in a million Americans stand up to defend our country? This is the type of people we want to come here??


Uh I was born here and still have no interest in defending this country. It's not a draft. Just because you decide to immigrate here doesn't mean you're obligated to join the military.


I was not born here and do have interest in defending this country.

Fuck you.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 13:49
Top


Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home



http://www.salon.com/2015/11/18/this_ ... dominated_by_racism_rage/


For the right, the Paris attacks did not foster solidarity but rather a macabre gloating: their paranoid creed that refugees and migrants invite death and destruction has supposedly been vindicated. The idea is a Fortress America defended with high walls and lethal air strikes. Keep migrants and refugees out; run sorties without regard for civilian casualties.

Conservative politics is plumbing new depths of hysteria because the world is indeed spinning out of control. The worse things get, the more dangerous right-wing explanations become.

Bitterness is cresting as militants emerge out of destroyed rogue states to simultaneously wage conventional warfare and asymmetric terrorism. Wounded soldiers see the cities they bled to “liberate” fall to ISIS control; they are told, in a tinny post-Vietnam echo, not that they fought for a bad war but that Obama sold them out by withdrawing troops. We’ve been stabbed in the back: domestic traitors open the door to foreign enemies.

Xenophobia is a critical feature of white supremacy in the United States. And white supremacy is at the root of the right-wing explanation of “what is wrong with America.” Most critically, racism is the right’s only explanation for the economic crisis because immigrants must take the blame for low wages—at least if the corporations that shipped jobs overseas and crushed unions are to be spared public opprobrium. This year, the national security threat and the economic peril posed by foreigners has morphed into a singular menace.

America, as Trump says, never wins anymore. That’s true. The question is who to blame. The political fight is over how to explain what’s gone wrong. White supremacy is how the right displaces people’s anger from the wealthy. The only substitute for bigotry and violence is solidarity.




Racism is resilient and adaptable. The Ku Klux Klan was founded in the wake of the Civil War to defeat Reconstruction and reimpose black subjugation. A second iteration of the Klan boomed in the 1920s, attacking foreigners, Catholics and Jews. In France, National Front party, with clear roots in Nazi sympathy, has jettisoned its traditional anti-Semitism in favor of Islamophobia, more palatable to the contemporary European mindset. Today, unrepentant white supremacists in the United States have hailed the nativist turn in domestic politics as a vehicle to advance and mainstream a brazenly racist political agenda. But many conservatives have also flocked to Ben Carson. He is a bigot who by virtue of being black offers them absolution, as Jelani Cobb argues.

“That the party responsible for the Southern strategy, the racist populism of the Reagan era, and the current age of voter suppression can count a black neurosurgeon among its most popular Presidential candidate is in itself a form of vaccination against charges of racism,” Cobb writes.

White racism against black people remains the central feature of American white supremacy but it prevails most forcefully in the structural racism that produces second-class school systems, economic marginalization and mass incarceration. Acknowledged bigotry against black people, however, has become disallowed in the political mainstream thanks to centuries of black struggle.

American racism, however, cannot do without some embodied evil. Mexicans and Arabs fulfill a role that black bodies can no longer so brazenly play in the iconography of American white supremacy. The hatred of Mexicans and Muslims is the permitted public expression of that same white racist order—and legitimates it. Note that Obama is more often called a Kenyan or a Muslim than he is a certain verboten anti-black slur.

The possibility that one of the Paris attackers was a Syrian who hid himself amongst the refugee tide now justifies closing borders in Europe, and in the United States. One Republican governor after another announces that Syrians are not welcome, and demands that cities turn their own police forces against Mexican residents.

That single potential Syrian attacker has received more media attention than the fact that most of the attackers appear to be French. The refugee flow to be worried about is that of ISIS recruits fleeing a second-class life in Europe, who then wreak terror upon an imaginary homeland inhabited by real people who want nothing to do with a fantastical and cruel caliphate.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 22:24
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 17 »






Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2015