Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
42 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 42

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (manu)




Re: Heads Up: Newport Liberty Half Marathon is on Sunday
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
The Newport Liberty Half Marathon kicks off this Sunday, September 15 at 8:30am in downtown Jersey City.

Marathon Details

Course Match



The course is actually different this year:
https://nycruns.com/wp-content/uploads ... 2019_Map_v12_09.04.19.pdf

I think it is a nice change but might make things worse for traffic.

Posted on: 2019/9/14 2:51
Top


Re: DOB: Fire Sub Code Division
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Anyone ever have any luck getting a call back from the Fire Sub Code Division at the DOB? I had a furnace replaced last year, and inspected/approved, but the permit it still open for some reason. The city left an orange sticker on my door to notify me of this, but all I can do is leave messages on their voicemail.


From my experience with them, it is useless to call them or leave a message: they just don't pick up the phone or return voicemail.

If you ever visit the DOB, you'll notice while you wait (and wait and wait some more, ...) that the phones ring constantly but nobody picks them up, busy or not...,

Posted on: 2017/5/1 21:22
Top


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
[quote]So you're going to add 20 minutes to your commute, just to get a seat?

Is that what people are fretting about -- not getting a seat in the mornings? Seriously?

Guess you've never taken the path during rush hour.

I take it every work day, and on weekends as well. During rush hour.
I think you might be traveling in a parallel universe.


Quote:
You can't get IN the train.

Total nonsense. Even for Newport riders.

It can get a little crowded, but it is extremely rare that the train is so jammed you can't get on. When that does happen, there's usually a half-empty train right behind it.

You want crowded? Try the 4/5/6 during rush hour.


You are probably confusing the alternate universe you are traveling in with reality. Or else you are one of those people who just push into the train as long as they can get two toes in the door. Or just a troll on JC List with no actual experience. Lots of those lately.


The only time I've never been able to board a PATH train due to capacity issues was at 2am in the morning. Lol. Run more trains at night Port Authority!

The only time PATH is really bad is at 8:15-8:45am. I've seen people unable to board but they just get on the next one arriving 110 seconds later. If you don't like the crowds, leave 30 minutes earlier, or 30 minutes later if your work allows it.

Nothing but whine on JClist. Lol.


I take the 33rd PATH between 8.30 and 9am daily as well and don't experience this crazy overcrowding either. The only times i might not get in is when there are issues and the train frequency is not what it should be.

I ma not saying that the Port Authority could not do a better job managing the PATH (they clearly could) but the situation is not as dire as described on this thread...

Posted on: 2017/4/1 4:14
Top


Re: Wow - LSC's Updated Plans for SciTech Scity
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


This is a great project. Happy to hear it is moving forward.

Posted on: 2017/3/24 7:04
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Trump's first full month in office has shattered expectations, leading to the most new jobs being created in many years. I'm looking forward to 8 more years of this!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/privat ... bs-february-2017-adp.html


Pretty funny watching the sublime media response to this great economic news.

The typical MO from the previous administration was to announce positive economic numbers and growth indicators with great fanfare then, weeks later, adjust everything down because of cold weather :)

All my friends suffering from TDS are very silent today on their social pages. I noticed the same lull after the Trump speech last week.


This is the same report that you qualified as being fake employment report. But now, it is just fine for you...

I called back in December on this forum that Trump supporters will start embracing this 'fake' report under Obama, after the inauguration... so predictable...


The point was you could never trust the first report of any economic news from the previous administration. It was a critical necessity to perpetuate the Big Economic Lie that the economy was humming along with record unemployment lows.

The problem was not the report but the numbers they were including or excluding to paint their rosy picture of the economy. Whether it was GDP growth, inflation, or unemployment, you could always expect a correction announcement. Suddenly cold weather in the North was impacting the economy and depressing Xmas Season Shopping. As if this "cold weather phenomena" during winter was new?

Tricks like "inadvertently" counting part time seasonal Xmas jobs as full-time job growth in December.... then making jobs correction the end of January. Keeping interests rates low to maintain the "robust or fragile" economic recovery, all depending on who you talked too. Not to mention changing factors for measuring CPI by eliminating the "rising cost of food". At the moment it remains to be seen if this administration will use the same tricks. Let's hope that is not the case.



Oh please... What a bunch of bs!
Below are the monthly numbers for the last 2 years:
2016
Jan 168,000
Feb 233,000
Mar 208,000
Apr 144,000
May 11,000
Jun 292,000
Jul 275,000
Aug 167,000
Sep 208,000
Oct 135,000
Nov 204,000
Dec 157,000

2015
Jan 221,000
Feb 265,000
Mar 84,000
Apr 251,000
May 273,000
Jun 228,000
Jul 277,000
Aug 150,000
Sep 149,000
Oct 295,000
Nov 280,000
Dec 271,000



LOL And where are the corrected numbers???? What about GDP Corrections??? Snoops must have been very helpful? Every time they release an upward growth number weeks it was typical to go back and change.... but the big lie of booming economic prosperity was out there already.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07 ... er-have-year-3-gdp-growth


Those are final estimate (corrected), not first.
https://www.thebalance.com/jobs-report ... growth-statistics-3305732

Posted on: 2017/3/8 23:33
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Trump's first full month in office has shattered expectations, leading to the most new jobs being created in many years. I'm looking forward to 8 more years of this!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/privat ... bs-february-2017-adp.html


Pretty funny watching the sublime media response to this great economic news.

The typical MO from the previous administration was to announce positive economic numbers and growth indicators with great fanfare then, weeks later, adjust everything down because of cold weather :)

All my friends suffering from TDS are very silent today on their social pages. I noticed the same lull after the Trump speech last week.


This is the same report that you qualified as being fake employment report. But now, it is just fine for you...

I called back in December on this forum that Trump supporters will start embracing this 'fake' report under Obama, after the inauguration... so predictable...


The point was you could never trust the first report of any economic news from the previous administration. It was a critical necessity to perpetuate the Big Economic Lie that the economy was humming along with record unemployment lows.

The problem was not the report but the numbers they were including or excluding to paint their rosy picture of the economy. Whether it was GDP growth, inflation, or unemployment, you could always expect a correction announcement. Suddenly cold weather in the North was impacting the economy and depressing Xmas Season Shopping. As if this "cold weather phenomena" during winter was new?

Tricks like "inadvertently" counting part time seasonal Xmas jobs as full-time job growth in December.... then making jobs correction the end of January. Keeping interests rates low to maintain the "robust or fragile" economic recovery, all depending on who you talked too. Not to mention changing factors for measuring CPI by eliminating the "rising cost of food". At the moment it remains to be seen if this administration will use the same tricks. Let's hope that is not the case.



Oh please... What a bunch of bs!
Below are the monthly numbers for the last 2 years:
2016
Jan 168,000
Feb 233,000
Mar 208,000
Apr 144,000
May 11,000
Jun 292,000
Jul 275,000
Aug 167,000
Sep 208,000
Oct 135,000
Nov 204,000
Dec 157,000

2015
Jan 221,000
Feb 265,000
Mar 84,000
Apr 251,000
May 273,000
Jun 228,000
Jul 277,000
Aug 150,000
Sep 149,000
Oct 295,000
Nov 280,000
Dec 271,000

Posted on: 2017/3/8 22:06
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Trump's first full month in office has shattered expectations, leading to the most new jobs being created in many years. I'm looking forward to 8 more years of this!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/privat ... bs-february-2017-adp.html


Pretty funny watching the sublime media response to this great economic news.

The typical MO from the previous administration was to announce positive economic numbers and growth indicators with great fanfare then, weeks later, adjust everything down because of cold weather :)

All my friends suffering from TDS are very silent today on their social pages. I noticed the same lull after the Trump speech last week.


This is the same report that you qualified as being fake employment report. But now, it is just fine for you...

I called back in December on this forum that Trump supporters will start embracing this 'fake' report under Obama, after the inauguration... so predictable...

Posted on: 2017/3/8 18:54
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Good new Comrades! Trump is going to enforce Federal marijuana laws!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politic ... rijuana-donald-trump-pot/

Thank God we didn't get pothead Hillary elected!

So much for laws passed to legalize recreational use of marijuana by voters in many states. Those elections rigged anyway!





If you care about this issue, you should be pushing for federal law to be changed, not for it not to be enforced.

Crooked Hillary said she was against changing the law to legalize it anyway.


What don't they let states decide?

Posted on: 2017/2/24 16:26
Top


Re: Iphone battery replacement locally
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

photo2775 wrote:
YuFixit is shady, I do not recommend.
They replaced a screen with flimsy glass that quickly cracked. When I went back to complain they said the would fix it but would need to charge me full price. Conveniently, their prices had just jumped up about 40 bucks too. Went to Apple (which I should have done in the first place) & they said who ever replaced the glass did not include all of the pieces. I think they said the couplers were gone. Anyway, Apple could not fix it due to the missing pieces and replaced my phone for a better price then what these guys were charging.


With a handle of photo2775 and the fact that it's your first post makes me think you're a competitor.

I've been doing IT support work for a long time and I outsource some hardware repairs. Tried a bunch of places but YuFixit always had the job right. Everything from glass or battery replacements to major jobs with 100 screws on an ultra-slim laptop keyboard replacement.


I had bad experiences with YuFixIt as well. Screws and plates from my phone were missing after replacing a screen there (according to the next place I took my phone too) and they completely messed up one of my laptop. I would not recommend.


So where WOULD you recommend? I just need a new droid battery (internal).


I had a better experience with the one next to Helen Pizza. I would recommend them.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 16:23
Top


Re: Iphone battery replacement locally
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

photo2775 wrote:
YuFixit is shady, I do not recommend.
They replaced a screen with flimsy glass that quickly cracked. When I went back to complain they said the would fix it but would need to charge me full price. Conveniently, their prices had just jumped up about 40 bucks too. Went to Apple (which I should have done in the first place) & they said who ever replaced the glass did not include all of the pieces. I think they said the couplers were gone. Anyway, Apple could not fix it due to the missing pieces and replaced my phone for a better price then what these guys were charging.


With a handle of photo2775 and the fact that it's your first post makes me think you're a competitor.

I've been doing IT support work for a long time and I outsource some hardware repairs. Tried a bunch of places but YuFixit always had the job right. Everything from glass or battery replacements to major jobs with 100 screws on an ultra-slim laptop keyboard replacement.


I had bad experiences with YuFixIt as well. Screws and plates from my phone were missing after replacing a screen there (according to the next place I took my phone too) and they completely messed up one of my laptop. I would not recommend.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 14:29
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Shoot a flare when President Trump says ANYTHING that comes within miles of 'If you like your plan, you can keep your plan' or 'The average family will save $2,500 a year on Obamacare'.


That would turn very quickly into fireworks...

Here is one for you: "You could have 650 million people pour in and we do nothing about it," Trump said. "Think of it. That's what could happen. You triple the size of our country in a week."

Posted on: 2017/2/21 2:08
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
FBI says they won't push to charge Flynn, guess there's no crime folks.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2017/02/17/fbi-won't-push-charge-flynn-denying-sanctions-talk/98026844/
i thought lying to the fbi was a crime.


It is. He didn't lie to the FBI, he lied to Pence. And was fired for it by our President Trump.


No. He lied to the FBI but 'they don't believe he was intentionally misleading them' so they won't charge him...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politic ... -against-flynn/index.html


Care to recant your blatant lie that "he knew what he did is illegal and he lied about it."


No. He lied about it and was caught. The 'I don't remember' excuse is clearly bs... my 5-year old come up with better excuse than that... come on!

It is such a bad excuse than even VP Pence did not believe it!

Posted on: 2017/2/18 1:00
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
FBI says they won't push to charge Flynn, guess there's no crime folks.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2017/02/17/fbi-won't-push-charge-flynn-denying-sanctions-talk/98026844/
i thought lying to the fbi was a crime.


It is. He didn't lie to the FBI, he lied to Pence. And was fired for it by our President Trump.


No. He lied to the FBI but 'they don't believe he was intentionally misleading them' so they won't charge him...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politic ... -against-flynn/index.html

Posted on: 2017/2/17 22:12
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
President Trump did a great job putting the disgusting national news media in their place in this afternoon's press conference.

Next step is to root out the treasonous leakers in our intelligence services. They're undermining our national security and it will end.


Thanks to the news media and these leakers, treasonous Flynn was fired. Otherwise, he would still have his job and be a threat to national security...


Wrong, as usual.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/article ... sination-of-michael-flynn


You must have had the worst time finding an article supporting your argument.

What happened is very clear (you know 'facts', not the alternative ones you like so much). Trump knew and decided recklessly not to do anything about it. DISGRACEFUL.

The story went public. He then has no choice but to let him go. SAD.


No, it was actually quite easy to find an article disproving your lies. Here's another one.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/319 ... f-political-assassination


That is called a quote.
If you want facts (from the same publication), here you go:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administr ... ynn-and-russia-a-timeline

Please let me know if anything is incorrect in the timeline.


It's predictably biased, such as by painting Sally Yates in good terms, but it does a decent job showing why Flynn was fired, he lied by saying sanctions did not come up.

However, what you are intentionally evading is the fact that his actual conversation was 100% fine. The Russian ambassador asked about sanctions and all Flynn said was that they be reviewed in a couple weeks. Noncontroversial and in fact part of his job. He spoke with many different countries during this time.

I don't know why Flynn lied about this, a white lie but one that made Pence look bad so he was fired. But the treasonous rats in our intelligence community, holdovers from Obama, illegally spread classified information to the media, only giving half of the picture (they pretended what Flynn did was highly illegal and was worse than Watergate), all to suit their political purposes.

But when you have a snake in your yard, you have to wait for it to raise its head before you can lop it off. That's what these leakers did, and the investigation will find them.


You don't know why he lied about it? Let me help you with that: he knew what he did was illegal and lied about it. That's it. Pretty straightforward.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 17:18
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
President Trump did a great job putting the disgusting national news media in their place in this afternoon's press conference.

Next step is to root out the treasonous leakers in our intelligence services. They're undermining our national security and it will end.


Thanks to the news media and these leakers, treasonous Flynn was fired. Otherwise, he would still have his job and be a threat to national security...


Wrong, as usual.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/article ... sination-of-michael-flynn


You must have had the worst time finding an article supporting your argument.

What happened is very clear (you know 'facts', not the alternative ones you like so much). Trump knew and decided recklessly not to do anything about it. DISGRACEFUL.

The story went public. He then has no choice but to let him go. SAD.


No, it was actually quite easy to find an article disproving your lies. Here's another one.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/319 ... f-political-assassination


That is called a quote.
If you want facts (from the same publication), here you go:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administr ... ynn-and-russia-a-timeline

Please let me know if anything is incorrect in the timeline.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 16:39
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
President Trump did a great job putting the disgusting national news media in their place in this afternoon's press conference.

Next step is to root out the treasonous leakers in our intelligence services. They're undermining our national security and it will end.


Thanks to the news media and these leakers, treasonous Flynn was fired. Otherwise, he would still have his job and be a threat to national security...


Wrong, as usual.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/article ... sination-of-michael-flynn


You must have had the worst time finding an article supporting your argument.

What happened is very clear (you know 'facts', not the alternative ones you like so much). Trump knew and decided recklessly not to do anything about it. DISGRACEFUL.

The story went public. He then has no choice but to let him go. SAD.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 13:11
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
President Trump did a great job putting the disgusting national news media in their place in this afternoon's press conference.

Next step is to root out the treasonous leakers in our intelligence services. They're undermining our national security and it will end.


Thanks to the news media and these leakers, treasonous Flynn was fired. Otherwise, he would still have his job and be a threat to national security...


How is that any different than the "gasp" Russians that the Dems have demonized. They only exposed Hillary and the crooked DNC


You seriously don't see the difference?

Posted on: 2017/2/17 1:59
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
President Trump did a great job putting the disgusting national news media in their place in this afternoon's press conference.

Next step is to root out the treasonous leakers in our intelligence services. They're undermining our national security and it will end.


Thanks to the news media and these leakers, treasonous Flynn was fired. Otherwise, he would still have his job and be a threat to national security...

Posted on: 2017/2/17 1:04
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
is it true that scumbag wants to gut the endangered species act. i hope this is not true, but if so, i wonder if supporters of jill stein and the green party wish they had rallied behind hillary clinton?

the us is not france with run-off elections, it's time for supporters of 3rd parties to smarten up and stop wasting their vote. And yes, i would be saying the same thing, if trump had been a democrat and he was running against a republican hillary or mitt romney....


Probably not true... but the Left needs to keep their their fascist anarchist street thugs frothing at the mouth since it has been relatively peaceful in the streets after the the 9th Circuit ruling.


Thank you for comment, BigGuy. We know all liberal democrat progressives brains linked together by invisible wire (this was on gateway pundidiot so must be true! If one progressive acts bad, all at fault.

Trump is GREAT MAN! So what if he sought help from Russia to win election? Likely didn't make a difference, but at time Hillary looked strong. This is hangable offence (treason, colluding with enemy). Our great president must suspend constitution to stay in power. Democracy over rated anyway


I love how the liberal political hacks hadn't said one bad word about Russia, until they thought Russia was hurting Her.

Then, overnight, Russia morphed into the Bogeyman for them.


Yeah, right! They did so little, spoke so highly of Russia that Putin did everything he could to make sure Trump is elected as he will be a more 'willing' partner!
That makes a lot of sense...

Posted on: 2017/2/16 16:00
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No, he changed the story he gave to VP Pence and then was canned. In high contrast to Holder, Lynch, Rice, the IRS gal-all lied and kept their jobs (the IRS gal walked, but kept her pension).


No the department of justice warned the WH about it weeks ago as the call had been recorded.

Posted on: 2017/2/14 15:12
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Being told of a possibility isn't the same as knowing for weeks. But once they got to the bottom of it, he's gone.

Unlike Holder, the IRS gal, Lynch, Susan Rice . . . but getting rid of someone after 3 weeks is great, the crooked lying Obama appointees hung on for longer or never were canned. This is how you drain the swamp!


Oh you and your alternative facts...
He was canned once news outlet started to report on it and the story became public...

Posted on: 2017/2/14 14:31
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'R and R' was with the Japanese Premier . . . as far as the advisor-guess what, when the POTUS found out he was made to walk the plank. Unlike, say, Obama with Holder 'fast n furious', or Lynch 'let's meet the husband of someone under investigation for lunch in a clandestine meeting' or, well, you know.


The White House actually knew for weeks but did not do anything about it:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/n ... 2-263470bf0401_story.html

Posted on: 2017/2/14 13:06
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
So Scumbag used to criticize Obama for golfing too much....looks like Trump is looking to break Obama's score twice in two weekends.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/12/us/ ... ald-trump-golf-obama.html


Golfing with another head of state over a working weekend is a bit different than going for a round with campaign donors, or sports figures right after a terror attack-which Obama did several times.
like ur spin? obama worked super long hours...something trump is clearly incapable of doing?


Wait, I thought the meme of the left is that President Trump gets only 5 hours of sleep a night, making him unstable-can you guys make up your mind?


I would have thought you knew the difference between 'not sleeping' and working...

Posted on: 2017/2/13 21:30
Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Since when do majorities matter?


They matter depending on the rules of the game. They are meaningless in a national election, where the outcome is controlled by the electoral college. Pointing to the popular vote is like saying the Atlanta Falcons dominated the time of possession, therefore they should have won the Super Bowl.

However, in a municipal ballot, the scoreboard is determined by the majority.

I have a feeling that like most "progressive" causes, the majority of people even in a very liberal area like Jersey City do not support them. It just may appear that way due to an extremely biased media. Only one way to put this to the test.


Should very conservative policies that are not supported by a majority of Americans be put on the ballot as well?


You're a single issue guy. As I stated, the Muslim ban was already put on the ballot during the last election, and the scoreboard speaks for itself.

However, while we will not be redeciding what has already been decided, it is worth noting that nationwide, the Muslim ban is one of Trump's most popular executive orders, along with the subject of this thread, defunding lawless sanctuary cities.

POLL: Travel ban is one of Trump's most popular executive orders

Resized Image


http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-travel-ban-polls-2017-2


I am not. I was actually talking about;
- Abortion rights
- Background checks for gun ownership
- Tax distribution...
- and so on...


Sure. Well, if you take an introduction to civics class, you'll learn that these types of policies are enacted through legislatures and the courts, not through the ballot.

However, a local decision such as whether Jersey City should be a lawless sanctuary city could certainly be put on the ballot. And, if Jersey City is actually at a real risk of losing federal funding due to their grandstanding, I would argue they have a moral right to put the question on the ballot before we all get punished.


Well, i would argue that the council that was elected by its constituents, voted on this issue and voted unnanimously in favor so it does not have to be decided through the ballot...

I guess you'll have to accept you are leaving in a 'progressive' city...

Posted on: 2017/2/9 13:04
Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Since when do majorities matter?


They matter depending on the rules of the game. They are meaningless in a national election, where the outcome is controlled by the electoral college. Pointing to the popular vote is like saying the Atlanta Falcons dominated the time of possession, therefore they should have won the Super Bowl.

However, in a municipal ballot, the scoreboard is determined by the majority.

I have a feeling that like most "progressive" causes, the majority of people even in a very liberal area like Jersey City do not support them. It just may appear that way due to an extremely biased media. Only one way to put this to the test.


Should very conservative policies that are not supported by a majority of Americans be put on the ballot as well?


You're a single issue guy. As I stated, the Muslim ban was already put on the ballot during the last election, and the scoreboard speaks for itself.

However, while we will not be redeciding what has already been decided, it is worth noting that nationwide, the Muslim ban is one of Trump's most popular executive orders, along with the subject of this thread, defunding lawless sanctuary cities.

POLL: Travel ban is one of Trump's most popular executive orders

Resized Image


http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-travel-ban-polls-2017-2


I am not. I was actually talking about;
- Abortion rights
- Background checks for gun ownership
- Tax distribution...
- and so on...

Posted on: 2017/2/9 3:47
Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Since when do majorities matter?


They matter depending on the rules of the game. They are meaningless in a national election, where the outcome is controlled by the electoral college. Pointing to the popular vote is like saying the Atlanta Falcons dominated the time of possession, therefore they should have won the Super Bowl.

However, in a municipal ballot, the scoreboard is determined by the majority.

I have a feeling that like most "progressive" causes, the majority of people even in a very liberal area like Jersey City do not support them. It just may appear that way due to an extremely biased media. Only one way to put this to the test.


Should very conservative policies that are not supported by a majority of Americans be put on the ballot as well?

Posted on: 2017/2/9 0:14
Top


Re: Trump Our New President
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Milo is a scumbag.

But Trump just took all the white supremacist groups off the terror watch list.

So much for condemning the KKK.


Hey, I wouldn't be happy being a member of the party of violence either.

Also, you're spreading fake news. He reprioritized a program that was designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it solely focuses on Muslim terrorism. This makes sense, unless you've overdosed on "progressive" propaganda, because white supremacist groups haven't exactly been committing very much violence. I'm not aware of any, but if there's a smattering, it's certainly not worth devoting resources that could be used to counter Muslim terrorism.

However, in light of recent events, I think President Trump should consider putting these violent liberal groups on the list, because they clearly are a threat.


At this point, I don't know if you completely lost it and believe what you are writing or if you are the ultimate troll...

Posted on: 2017/2/4 2:03
Top


Re: Jersey City rally in support of immigrants
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
So California now would like to expand its sanctuary status to include the whole state. Basically they are unwilling to notify the government when they arrest an undocumented individual. Any recipient of a grant has to comply with federal law. By not complying they risk losing $330 billion in federal funding. Great idea Tulip. Let's try it.


California is a donor state (as NY and NJ are). They can stop paying federal taxes to compensate and will have a lot of money left...


So now you are listening to something Schwarzenegger a republican stated? Please tell me how exactly is California going to stop it's residents from paying federal taxes?


I did not know Schwarzenegger talked about it but it is mentioned here:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017 ... esponse-to-trump-threats/


Interestingly, if you look at the correlation between dependency on federal fund and how the state voted in the election, states that are highly dependent on federal fund voted for Trump!

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:46
Top


Re: Jersey City rally in support of immigrants
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
So California now would like to expand its sanctuary status to include the whole state. Basically they are unwilling to notify the government when they arrest an undocumented individual. Any recipient of a grant has to comply with federal law. By not complying they risk losing $330 billion in federal funding. Great idea Tulip. Let's try it.


California is a donor state (as NY and NJ are). They can stop paying federal taxes to compensate and will have a lot of money left...


So now you are listening to something Schwarzenegger a republican stated? Please tell me how exactly is California going to stop it's residents from paying federal taxes?


I did not know Schwarzenegger talked about it but it is mentioned here:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017 ... esponse-to-trump-threats/

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:26
Top


Re: Jersey City rally in support of immigrants
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
So California now would like to expand its sanctuary status to include the whole state. Basically they are unwilling to notify the government when they arrest an undocumented individual. Any recipient of a grant has to comply with federal law. By not complying they risk losing $330 billion in federal funding. Great idea Tulip. Let's try it.


California is a donor state (as NY and NJ are). They can stop paying federal taxes to compensate and will have a lot of money left...

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:12
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017