Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Ripped off by Grove Pointe garage
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/9 18:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
You owe Grove Pointe and everyone who has wasted their time reading this thread an apology. You were unable to follow directions and as a result decided to erroneously denigrate a business online. You should take some personal time to reflect on what other erroneous conclusions and "quick to finger point actions" you have made in life.

They apologized and asked for an email saying that I would not dispute this any further. They know they are wrong forcing people to pay double. They could easily program the card reader not to do this. If 1000 first time users, make the same mistake each year, that's $6000 extra revenue. Multiply that by x garages and that's a significant amount of extra money, that they haven't really earned.

They didn't force you to pay double. You, however, are doubling down on your mistake.

They asked for an email saying that you would not dispute this any further? That's hilarious, no they didn't.

This is the second time you've accused me of lying. What are you some kind of flaming asshole?

The exact words from the manager was , I apologize for what happened, we'll give you a refund, we need an email from you stating that you won't dispute the charge, a copy of the receipt, and the last 4 digits of your cc number.

If you don't want to believe it that's your problem.

I believe this may be true. A good company is going to give a nutso customer their $6 back just to get them to go away. They'll even say "we're sorry," just because any company knows that it's not worth the fight.

Now, I also know darn well they hung up and cracked up over the fool, and considered the $6 payment for a good laugh. They may have even asked for the "NFA" letter because somehow they've got to get back to work and keep the employees from dragging this ridiculousness on and on. This story will become legendary in the garage office.

I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't even have to argue. Management contacted me to send them details, and then they called me very nicely to apologize and offer me a refund, without my having to say anything more. There was nothing nuts about it.

What's really perplexing me is if the garage management immediately grasped the logic of my case, why is it so difficult for the flaming assholes on this board to understand.

It's very simple. The fee for the night is $6. I paid the fee. I should not have been blocked at the gate and asked for another $6. What's the difference if I paid as soon as I came in or when I left. It was a fixed $6.

The pay station was programmed to ask for $6. It knew I was paying for the evening. The exit gate should have been programmed to let me out when I gave it the paid ticket. It's all recorded on the ticket: entry time, payment time, exit time. Just because I paid as soon as I came in, I shouldn't have to pay double. Sorry to break the hearts of all you garage aficionados. You're acting like it's a f'ng religion.

PS This is my last post on this topic. (Thank goodness, I know.) If you don't get it by now, you never will. If you feel the need to curse or insult me, go kick your cat or beat up your wife/girlfriend. It will make you feel better.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap- some of you sound like you have some real issues going on in your personal life if this stupid story immediately makes you want to lash out like an unhinged lunatic. Maybe take a break from belittling total strangers over something so insignificant and step away from the keyboard for awhile. Get some fresh air. Think about how you sound like an insecure bully and wonder why that is?

Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me who thinks these flaming assholes are totally off the wall. Abused as children, perhaps?

I agree, there are too many people with issues on this board which is why I cut back on the time I spend here.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
You owe Grove Pointe and everyone who has wasted their time reading this thread an apology. You were unable to follow directions and as a result decided to erroneously denigrate a business online. You should take some personal time to reflect on what other erroneous conclusions and "quick to finger point actions" you have made in life.

They apologized and asked for an email saying that I would not dispute this any further. They know they are wrong forcing people to pay double. They could easily program the card reader not to do this. If 1000 first time users, make the same mistake each year, that's $6000 extra revenue. Multiply that by x garages and that's a significant amount of extra money, that they haven't really earned.

They didn't force you to pay double. You, however, are doubling down on your mistake.

They asked for an email saying that you would not dispute this any further? That's hilarious, no they didn't.

This is the second time you've accused me of lying. What are you some kind of flaming asshole?

The exact words from the manager was , I apologize for what happened, we'll give you a refund, we need an email from you stating that you won't dispute the charge, a copy of the receipt, and the last 4 digits of your cc number.

I believe this may be true. A good company is going to give a nutso customer their $6 back just to get them to go away. They'll even say "we're sorry," just because any company knows that it's not worth the fight.

Now, I also know darn well they hung up and cracked up over the fool, and considered the $6 payment for a good laugh. They may have even asked for the "NFA" letter because somehow they've got to get back to work and keep the employees from dragging this ridiculousness on and on. This story will become legendary in the garage office.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 22:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/2 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
WhoElseCouldIBe, Tony is not lashing out, he's rationally stating a valid point. The distinction is important.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 22:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap- some of you sound like you have some real issues going on in your personal life if this stupid story immediately makes you want to lash out like an unhinged lunatic. Maybe take a break from belittling total strangers over something so insignificant and step away from the keyboard for awhile. Get some fresh air. Think about how you sound like an insecure bully and wonder why that is?

Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me who thinks these flaming assholes are totally off the wall. Abused as children, perhaps?

Posted on: 2015/12/16 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

You're lashing out at people lashing out.

k

Posted on: 2015/12/16 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/16 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
what about parking meters ?
you never get a receipt and if you get reimbursed by an employer or claim it as a tax item how do you prove it?

it does add up if you use them 5 days a week making multiple stops at them ... like a courier or sales rep!

it's a cash-cow for city hall that can't show with total honesty how much they collect (with how much was placed in them) and open for corrupt behavior by those that collect the money ... I by chance watched a guy doing the collecting of coins and I'd put money on it that once it's in their van it ain't all kosher!

Posted on: 2015/12/16 20:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

They apologized and asked for an email saying that I would not dispute this any further. They know they are wrong having people pay double. They could easily program the card reader not to do this. If 1000 first time users, make the same mistake each year, that's $6000 extra revenue. Multiply that by x garages and that's a significant amount of extra money, that they haven't really earned.

I'm going to email Grove Pointe a link to this thread - I MUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Hopefully, they'll reprogram the card readers, so that no one else gets fooled into paying double.

While you're at it why don't you take a picture of the signs posted on the walls of the garage (I think on the 4th floor), that caused me to think I should go right over to the pay station and pay. I don't live around there anymore, otherwise I would.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

They apologized and asked for an email saying that I would not dispute this any further. They know they are wrong having people pay double. They could easily program the card reader not to do this. If 1000 first time users, make the same mistake each year, that's $6000 extra revenue. Multiply that by x garages and that's a significant amount of extra money, that they haven't really earned.

I'm going to email Grove Pointe a link to this thread - I MUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Posted on: 2015/12/16 20:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Mr. sandman, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent comment were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

See comment to previous flamer.. and I thought you don't believe in god.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 20:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/16 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/5 16:03
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sandman wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Mr. sandman, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent comment were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/16 19:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/16 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I have no opinion on any of this. I just wanted to be the one to turn this relatively minor issue into a geopolitical conflict by bringing this thread to a total of 25 posts! That is all.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 18:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/16 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Okay, see, the key to making stuff up is to NOT go too far. An apology for you not understanding their signs? That didn't happen, dude. I'll grant that they may have given you 6 bucks to shut you up, but let it go at that.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 15:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
You didn't get ripped off by Grove Pointe, you got ripped off by whoever was handing out brains the day you were born. And obviously your parents, since they raised a dummy.

How original.

Do you think up all of your clever insults while doing laundry at the laundromat?

If you had half a brain you'd understand how the mistake could have been made.

The parking lot corporate management understands, and they are giving me a refund.

And you could also understand the mistake you made, take your lumps and learn the cheap $6 lesson. Instead, you want to be as defensive as possible.

And sorry, I'm calling BS on the $6 refund. Even if true, you spent more than $6 of your time to get it back.

I don't know what's more amazing, that this thread has 18 posts or that you would call someone a liar over something so trivial.

I mean, in the first post, the guy did originally claim that "I called corporate customer service and they said they can't help me."

I had to go to management. I was also told that they do have garages that accept prepayment and they understood how I could have been misled by the signs. I got a refund and an apology.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
You didn't get ripped off by Grove Pointe, you got ripped off by whoever was handing out brains the day you were born. And obviously your parents, since they raised a dummy.

How original.

Do you think up all of your clever insults while doing laundry at the laundromat?

The parking lot corporate management understands, and they are giving me a refund.

And you could also understand the mistake you made, take your lumps and learn the cheap $6 lesson. Instead, you want to be as defensive as possible.

And sorry, I'm calling BS on the $6 refund. Even if true, you spent more than $6 of your time to get it back.

I don't know what's more amazing, that this thread has 18 posts or that you would call someone a liar over something so trivial.

I mean, in the first post, the guy did originally claim that "I called corporate customer service and they said they can't help me."

Posted on: 2015/12/15 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I was having a shitday and this post here make me laugh so hard I am feeling better. :)

Posted on: 2015/12/15 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:

How original.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sandman wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:

How original.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

To be honest, he learned his first curse word here as he was watching over my shoulder one day when I was online and he saw someone's avatar - and I won't even tell you what he said when he saw the Santa headstone! He knows all about Mama and JCList.

You browse JCList with a child? You should be investigated

It does bear saying that jerseymom is quite likely the only sane voice in all of JCLIST. If she is ever investigated, I'm sure the judge would go easy on her. ;)

Aww - thanks Bodhi - I'll call you as a character witness! JCList - I always knew it would be my undoing.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

To be honest, he learned his first curse word here as he was watching over my shoulder one day when I was online and he saw someone's avatar - and I won't even tell you what he said when he saw the Santa headstone! He knows all about Mama and JCList.

It does bear saying that jerseymom is quite likely the only sane voice in all of JCLIST. If she is ever investigated, I'm sure the judge would go easy on her. ;)

Posted on: 2015/12/15 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/15 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Jeez. My fifth grader has more kindness in his pinkie...

Your fifth grader is not jaded nor tarnished by life experiences and long term exposure to JCLIST sarcasm and cynicism.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 0:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:

How original.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Jeez. My fifth grader has more kindness in his pinkie...

Your fifth grader is not jaded nor tarnished by life experiences and long term exposure to JCLIST sarcasm and cynicism.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
C'mon guys...it's a mistake and he learned. Can't we be just a bit kinder to each other? Sarcasm is one thing - making someone feel stupid is another. It's not like he's a newbie. Jeez. My fifth grader has more kindness in his pinkie...

Posted on: 2015/12/15 0:15

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017