Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
52 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 52

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
now, trump is changing his tune on gun control. this guy flip flops more than the burgers at mcdonalds.

Or like Hillary on gay marriage, or Iraq?

Posted on: 2016/5/20 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
now, trump is changing his tune on gun control. this guy flip flops more than the burgers at mcdonalds.

Posted on: 2016/5/20 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nope, and I have no idea. But I do know that Whizzy and Whiny, and the Feds, haven't come up with a single thing to tie Christie to the NJ traffic jam on the local lane approach to the GWB.

Posted on: 2016/5/20 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
monroe - u want in on some putin-trump-christie bromance. brokeback mountain.

is christie still eating oreos?

Posted on: 2016/5/20 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So, 34 pages later, Federal, state, and partisan Legislature time and money spent-not a thing to tie Governor Christie to this silly waste of time. Yeah, yeah, he was in charge when it happened-so anyone who feels this way can't possibly support Hillary for POTUS I'm sure, applying the same criteria.

Wait, what? Are you saying Bengazi WASN'T the greatest crime in the history of the USA as you've been chanting for years?

I said that? Please quote me, thankee!

Posted on: 2016/5/20 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So, 34 pages later, Federal, state, and partisan Legislature time and money spent-not a thing to tie Governor Christie to this silly waste of time. Yeah, yeah, he was in charge when it happened-so anyone who feels this way can't possibly support Hillary for POTUS I'm sure, applying the same criteria.

Wait, what? Are you saying Bengazi WASN'T the greatest crime in the history of the USA as you've been chanting for years?

Posted on: 2016/5/20 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/5/20 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i wonder if christe wants in on the action.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/5/18 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/18 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Rumor has it that Christie is going to audition as the new Penguin in the next Batman movie

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/10 20:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The great man

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/10 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/9 20:54
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sully wrote:
So, you're conceding that Christie knew about it, but think that the actual inconvenience to motorists and threat to public safety was no big whoop?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Trump gets this wrong, the bridge wasn't shut down, only a couple local access lanes from Ft. Lee. And it didn't take six hours to cross the bridge at any point whatsoever.

How do you get that I'm conceding anything? Every investigation done, by the state, by the Feds, and by the 'crack committee' of Whizzy and Whiney haven't found anything that ties Christie to the local traffic jam.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/9 11:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Funny what a big deal was made of a lane closure by a rebuplican. When our mayor boy wonder a Democrat tried the exact same thing at the Holland tunnel and it was forgotten a few day latter

Posted on: 2015/12/9 4:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
So, you're conceding that Christie knew about it, but think that the actual inconvenience to motorists and threat to public safety was no big whoop?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Trump gets this wrong, the bridge wasn't shut down, only a couple local access lanes from Ft. Lee. And it didn't take six hours to cross the bridge at any point whatsoever.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Monroe, you forget to mention Benghazi!

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/9 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/9 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Is Trump a "natzi" or a truth teller, now that you agree with him?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day..

Posted on: 2015/12/8 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Is Trump a "natzi" or a truth teller, now that you agree with him?

Posted on: 2015/12/8 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Trump's Bridgegate takedown of Christie

Brent Johnson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
"So Chris, who is friend of mine, he hit me hard ... and I said I got to hit him at least once. So I won't do this a lot, but, look, here's the story: The George Washington Bridge. He knew about. How do you have breakfast with people every day of your lives (and not know)? They're closing up the largest bridge in the world ? the biggest in the United States of America ? traffic flowing during rush hour (and) people couldn't get across for six, seven hours. Ambulances. Fire trucks.

"They're with him all the time, the people that did it. They never said, 'Hey, boss, uh, we're closing up the George Washington Bridge. No, they never said that, they're talking about the weather? Right?

"So he knew about it, he knew about it. Totally knew about it. He's got a very friendly group of people over there. ... Look, it's called life, (and) you gotta be smart in life. I would say there's less than 1 percent chance. It could be, but I doubt it. He knew about it. They mentioned it.

"They didn't mention at one of their meetings? I think they had breakfast like every day or every other day. They didn't say, 'Chris, tonight we're closing up the George Washington Bridge because the mayor of a certain area is against you'

More

Posted on: 2015/12/8 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Let's say for a moment that, like Jack M. Ciattarelli, a Republican member of the Assembly, I take Gov. Christie at his word that he was not involved in the lane closings, and also accept ?...people who work in his administration seem to have been intoxicated with his popularity, or their power, and they abused it...?

Then what? I am a liberal progressive, and Christie stands with the party of resentment, myopia, exclusion, and intolerance. His non-guilt (like Menendez' presumptive guilt) is beside the point - the Republican party agenda real gorilla in the room.

Posted on: 2015/5/5 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, how can you say pensions have taken a 'hit' under Christie, when he's paid more into the system than the last several governors combined? And what funding decrease for education?? The largest component is the Abbott district funding, which is mandated by the state Supreme Court, and hasn't decreased a penny.

And yes, I'm fine with calling public personalities nicknames-after all, no one has gotten more abuse in that vein that Christie. I generally refrain from calling 'civilians' names here though.

Christie's decision to go after teachers and their pension system drove many teachers 55 and over into retirement. The amount of teachers that would have retired that year if it weren't for Christie's policies is likely in the 50% range. The problem with looking at strict numbers is that it doesn't account for the larger picture.

As for the last, Bush was called a monkey and an idiot (he had a whole calendar dedicated to the stupidity spewed from his mouth), Obama is mocked for his ears. Christie's fatness isn't doesn't come remotely close to being in the "no one has gotten more abuse" vein. If anything, I'd say W Bush has had it pretty bad and far worse than just about any president in the last few decades.

Posted on: 2015/5/5 13:23
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, how can you say pensions have taken a 'hit' under Christie, when he's paid more into the system than the last several governors combined? And what funding decrease for education?? The largest component is the Abbott district funding, which is mandated by the state Supreme Court, and hasn't decreased a penny.

And yes, I'm fine with calling public personalities nicknames-after all, no one has gotten more abuse in that vein that Christie. I generally refrain from calling 'civilians' names here though.

Posted on: 2015/5/5 10:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Pebble wrote:
Quote:
Monroe wrote:
Yes, like all other NJ residents, I've benefitted from Christie's policies, especially his cap on municipal taxes. As for the personal attacks, they amuse me-because it always proves you've lost the argument when you resort to such silly attacks.

Can the admins change the thread title now that Obama's Feds have found Christie (and Guadagno) are squeaky clean? Will Whizzy and Googly Eyes get over the fact their 15 minutes of fame are up? (Oh, and let me add-it's not a personal attack when it's a public figure, like Whizzy, Whiney, and Googly Eyes!)

There are two items I find rather intersting:
1. Your constant need to refer to people with nicknames (Whizzy, Whiney and Googly Eyes) while equally complaining about others pointing out how grotesquely fat and disgusting our current governor is. I honestly have no idea idea who each of these nicknames refers to, but everyone knows who others refer to when they say the fat POS as governor.

I'd say you both look equally bad. Well, may be you look a tad worse. Your name-calling is noticeably more mean and hateful to my taste.

Quote:
Pebble wrote:
2. As a person in an upper tax bracket, I find it rather odd you think that Christie's policies have benefited NJ. Some of his first courses of actions resulted in a heavy hit on the NJ pension system. Subsequent actions have resulted in decreased funding for education. To follow all of that up, he decided that it wasn't enough that Prudential, Panasonic, Goya, et al, continue to pay the state tax they were previously paying. Instead, they now place the burden of those state tax dollars on me.

I'm not sure why your tax bracket should affect your thinking on the subject. As for the substance of it, I find your first two examples interesting. When you mention pension system you seem to be equating NJ interests with interests of the NJ public employees, not NJ taxpayers. Then you mention that funding for education was decreased, but you said nothing about education results, again looking at it purely from the point of view of NJ public employees.

Posted on: 2015/5/5 4:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bridgegate: Kelly's attorney promises to subpoena "anybody," won't rule out Christie

Posted on: 2015/5/4 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/nyr ... ing.html?smid=nytpolitics

Christie?s Grip on Republican Politics in New Jersey Shows Signs of Slipping

Posted on: 2015/5/4 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, like all other NJ residents, I've benefitted from Christie's policies, especially his cap on municipal taxes. As for the personal attacks, they amuse me-because it always proves you've lost the argument when you resort to such silly attacks.

Can the admins change the thread title now that Obama's Feds have found Christie (and Guadagno) are squeaky clean? Will Whizzy and Googly Eyes get over the fact their 15 minutes of fame are up? (Oh, and let me add-it's not a personal attack when it's a public figure, like Whizzy, Whiney, and Googly Eyes!)

There are two items I find rather intersting:
1. Your constant need to refer to people with nicknames (Whizzy, Whiney and Googly Eyes) while equally complaining about others pointing out how grotesquely fat and disgusting our current governor is. I honestly have no idea idea who each of these nicknames refers to, but everyone knows who others refer to when they say the fat POS as governor.

2. As a person in an upper tax bracket, I find it rather odd you think that Christie's policies have benefited NJ. Some of his first courses of actions resulted in a heavy hit on the NJ pension system. Subsequent actions have resulted in decreased funding for education. To follow all of that up, he decided that it wasn't enough that Prudential, Panasonic, Goya, et al, continue to pay the state tax they were previously paying. Instead, they now place the burden of those state tax dollars on me.

I get that because the fat turd has an R next to his name that he gets a pass in your book. Ultimately, I just find it sad because the damage being done is not reversible. Maybe you think that you've made out with a cap on your municipal taxes, but in the end we're all royally fucked by a governor way out of his depth.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 13:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/4 0:14

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017