Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: chalk messages around downtown.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/29 2:47
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
GnomeGeneral wrote: If JC sidewalks are to become a public forum of sorts, spread the good word <3 Quran (3:56) ? ?As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.?
ooh! ooh! i have one too! 1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel." these books... they really teach love and compassion!

Posted on: 2017/5/9 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"I don't feel this is venting, so much as putting the feelers out there to see if there are other rational people who feel the same way I do."

I'll make this very clear for you. Much of life comes down to politics, and people always lie about their reasoning.

Here, there are many liberals who agree with the message expressed by the chalk. So they will support the chalk, and couch their reasoning in a bunch of bullshit.

If the chalk was demonizing Hillary, they'd completely change their tune. Maybe not every single person, but most of them.

$100 says that most people here defending the chalk or arguing with you did not vote for Trump.

As for myself, I don't agree with the chalk and it is annoying, but ultimately it's just a nuisance. Liberals are crybabies and constantly throw temper tantrums as a result of Hillary's historic loss (and the fact that they were 100% wrong about everything they said for 18 months straight), and this is just more crying.

The chalk is easy enough to ignore. I'd prefer that the perpetrators get arrested for vandalism, but the cops probably don't care.

It's sad that they've brainwashed you on the "Us vs Them" mentality to the point that you're still crying about liberals while the government screws all of us no matter what our party affiliation is. They've got you hollering about Hilary and Obama while Trump and friends get investigated for treason. :)

More like I called out sanctimonious liars like yourself who would tell the OP to get a life and worry about other things solely because you agree with the chalk. But if different messages were expressed, you'd be the first to be outraged over "racism", sexism, etc., you know, anything against the liberal agenda.

And pretending that you are on the side of the little guy and against government oppression is just rich :) You were one of the biggest Hillary boosters, and would be telling us how great she was if she got elected.

Posted on: 2017/5/9 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
If JC sidewalks are to become a public forum of sorts, spread the good word <3 Quran (3:56) ? ?As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.?

Posted on: 2017/5/9 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"I don't feel this is venting, so much as putting the feelers out there to see if there are other rational people who feel the same way I do."

I'll make this very clear for you. Much of life comes down to politics, and people always lie about their reasoning.

Here, there are many liberals who agree with the message expressed by the chalk. So they will support the chalk, and couch their reasoning in a bunch of bullshit.

If the chalk was demonizing Hillary, they'd completely change their tune. Maybe not every single person, but most of them.

$100 says that most people here defending the chalk or arguing with you did not vote for Trump.

As for myself, I don't agree with the chalk and it is annoying, but ultimately it's just a nuisance. Liberals are crybabies and constantly throw temper tantrums as a result of Hillary's historic loss (and the fact that they were 100% wrong about everything they said for 18 months straight), and this is just more crying.

The chalk is easy enough to ignore. I'd prefer that the perpetrators get arrested for vandalism, but the cops probably don't care.

It's sad that they've brainwashed you on the "Us vs Them" mentality to the point that you're still crying about liberals while the government screws all of us no matter what our party affiliation is. They've got you hollering about Hilary and Obama while Trump and friends get investigated for treason. :)

Posted on: 2017/5/9 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/5/9 0:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
if i go out there and start writing pro-trump slogans, you'll sooon see who all the snowflakes are... in addition to our original chalk-wielding revolutionaries, of course.

Oh, I'm sure people would complain. The question is, would they complain more or less than you? And more or less anxiously, or stridently, or bitterly than you?

My guess is it'd be about the same.

lemme guess.... you wrote that with your pink cat-ear protest hat on? bravo.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 23:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ahal wrote:
it's harmless, and for some it is cathartic. it is a healthy and practical channel of non-violent protest. it provides a way for some group to engender or get a sense of the size of their community. having a problem with this is tantamount to having an issue with democracy, free assembly and the free spirit that inspires love for this country and our way of life.

it's not effective at all. those that already agree with the sentiment don't need to be reminded, and those that disagree are being annoyed, angered and alienated. so much for the inclusion and unity these peeps purportedly stand for. if these people truly feel some kind of way about their issues, there are way more appropriate & significant ways to truly 'protest.' endlessly writing the same blah blah stuff on the ground is redundant and pointless. they're preaching to the choir, and essentially saying "screw the rest of 'em!"

i wonder if those defending people baring their chalky souls out on the streets would defend the flip side of their right to free speech. what if people spoke their views against things such as gender neutral bathrooms, or wrote "PIZZAGATE!" in pink hearts all across the city? free speech though, right?

Posted on: 2017/5/8 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
if i go out there and start writing pro-trump slogans, you'll sooon see who all the snowflakes are... in addition to our original chalk-wielding revolutionaries, of course.

Oh, I'm sure people would complain. The question is, would they complain more or less than you? And more or less anxiously, or stridently, or bitterly than you?

My guess is it'd be about the same.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 23:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/4 12:11
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
it's harmless, and for some it is cathartic. it is a healthy and practical channel of non-violent protest. it provides a way for some group to engender or get a sense of the size of their community. having a problem with this is tantamount to having an issue with democracy, free assembly and the free spirit that inspires love for this country and our way of life.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 23:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/16 20:40
Group:
Registered Users
For someone who is so bothered by chalk on the ground... stop looking down. Look up at the sky, the trees or just ahead. That should work for you.

And if that doesn't work for you: get up off your chair and do your own chalking.

It's a free world out there

Posted on: 2017/5/8 22:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Looks like someone got bored by the lack of Trump trolls on Jclist and needs attention.

all I know is you have an EXCELLENT username!

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like someone got bored by the lack of Trump trolls on Jclist and needs attention.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
"In my opinion, it's not rational to complain about something you can't control to people who can't fix it.
"

sooooo.... you're describing the chalkers. ????

Yup. And you.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
"In my opinion, it's not rational to complain about something you can't control to people who can't fix it.[/quote]"

sooooo.... you're describing the chalkers. ????

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
someone has too much time on their hands, and is hell-bent on letting us all know it. 'resist' and "impeach" writtten inside chalk hearts, as if suggesting it's colorfully cute to upend our government's leadership, during a time of heightened political tensions, simply because the other crooked candidate didn't win.

I don't know whether chalking (yes, that's a thing) is legal in JC. It's illegal in some areas, in part because it's classified as vandalism (even if there is no permanent damage), and because it's not seen as a critical impediment to free speech (there are plenty of other outlets that don't involve marking up state or private property). There may be issues if such laws are enforced selectively, but generally speaking those laws have held up in court.

That said: There is no need to be such a Sensitive Snowflake. People don't like the President; he's not getting more popular. You might as well get used to it.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
You're right, we should only write our feelings by creating new threads on message boards instead :)

that's what i figure. this way anyone who's here is doing so by choice, rather than being forced to be subjected to someone scribbling the same handful of statements every single day. conversation is natural. issuing non-conversational, repetitive statements seems more like a sign of mental distress to me.

Sigh, I guess the irony is lost on you.

You're both expressing feels unilaterally. When you create a new thread, you're not having a conversation with anyone, you're just venting, just like the chalk guy.

You're not forced to read his messages, either.

trust me, the irony was NOT lost. i denied it on purpose when i replied. lol

i don't feel this is venting, so much as putting the feelers out there to see if there are other rational people who feel the same way I do.

now, should i keep sending this same post every single day?
cuz THAT's what these people are doing. and THAT is not THIS.

You don't feel this is venting? How do you figure?

What is the point about putting "feelers" out regarding a chalker? You're not going to stop it. Might as well either get a thicker skin or just ignore it.

And I think it's interesting that you think people who agree with you about the chalker are necessarily rational. In my opinion, it's not rational to complain about something you can't control to people who can't fix it.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
someone has too much time on their hands, and is hell-bent on letting us all know it. 'resist' and "impeach" writtten inside chalk hearts, as if suggesting it's colorfully cute to upend our government's leadership, during a time of heightened political tensions, simply because the other crooked candidate didn't win.

I don't know whether chalking (yes, that's a thing) is legal in JC. It's illegal in some areas, in part because it's classified as vandalism (even if there is no permanent damage), and because it's not seen as a critical impediment to free speech (there are plenty of other outlets that don't involve marking up state or private property). There may be issues if such laws are enforced selectively, but generally speaking those laws have held up in court.

That said: There is no need to be such a Sensitive Snowflake. People don't like the President; he's not getting more popular. You might as well get used to it.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:

should we all start writing our feelings all over the city sidewalks in chalk as well, particularly those who don't necessarily feel the same way as this person does? is that cool, or only if it's what the majority think they think, according to what the tv has told them should be their opinion? just curious. not really feeling having someone try to tell me how think constantly every time i look at the ground. most of us have more than enough to worry about during our day to day grind, living here and now. this person needs a job and / or some time-consuming hobbies.

you should post a Yelp review about it

hmmm... i'm afraid what you're suggesting is impossible. see, yelp is actually used for business reviews, so unless these chalk people register themselves as such, there's nothing to yelp about. thanks for the suggestion though...

Yup, nothing gets past you, eh?

nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:

should we all start writing our feelings all over the city sidewalks in chalk as well, particularly those who don't necessarily feel the same way as this person does? is that cool, or only if it's what the majority think they think, according to what the tv has told them should be their opinion? just curious. not really feeling having someone try to tell me how think constantly every time i look at the ground. most of us have more than enough to worry about during our day to day grind, living here and now. this person needs a job and / or some time-consuming hobbies.

hmmm... i'm afraid what you're suggesting is impossible. see, yelp is actually used for business reviews, so unless these chalk people register themselves as such, there's nothing to yelp about. thanks for the suggestion though...

Yup, nothing gets past you, eh?

Posted on: 2017/5/8 21:06

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Anybody know who's paying these people?

I've seen 3 separate people doing it. Extremely annoying. Probably should have put this energy to use BEFORE the election.

Good question Comrade! Hillary is paying them out of Clinton Foundation cash stockpile. Of course liberal progressive democrats get paid for all activism.

And if you saw 3 people doing it, why didn't you ask them? You could have said looking for work.

haha, i wouldn't be surprised if they WERE chalk-based paid provocateurs!

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
You're right, we should only write our feelings by creating new threads on message boards instead :)

that's what i figure. this way anyone who's here is doing so by choice, rather than being forced to be subjected to someone scribbling the same handful of statements every single day. conversation is natural. issuing non-conversational, repetitive statements seems more like a sign of mental distress to me.

You're both expressing feels unilaterally. When you create a new thread, you're not having a conversation with anyone, you're just venting, just like the chalk guy.

trust me, the irony was NOT lost. i denied it on purpose when i replied. lol

i don't feel this is venting, so much as putting the feelers out there to see if there are other rational people who feel the same way I do.

now, should i keep sending this same post every single day?
cuz THAT's what these people are doing. and THAT is not THIS.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:

I've seen 3 separate people doing it. Extremely annoying. Probably should have put this energy to use BEFORE the election.

Good question Comrade! Hillary is paying them out of Clinton Foundation cash stockpile. Of course liberal progressive democrats get paid for all activism.

And if you saw 3 people doing it, why didn't you ask them? You could have said looking for work.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
as opposed to "loser"?

Quote:

richieveal wrote:
The person/persons doing it is a looser.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/8 20:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The person/persons doing it is a looser.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/5/8 19:55

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017