Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (EvilivE)




Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

Adonis wrote:
I love the anti-Trump chalking and I hope it continues. I laugh at it every time I see it. It shows to me and everyone else how petulantly childish the left can be. And I think many others feel that way when they see the chalk. It only helps republicans for 2018 and beyond in my opinion. Chalking on the sidewalk is something many children do after all. So I say chalk away losers/haters.


you make good points.
gonna try to shift my view to a similar one.
kids can definitely be annoying when they don't get their way.

Posted on: 5/10 22:02
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
If JC sidewalks are to become a public forum of sorts, spread the good word <3
Quran (3:56) – “As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.”



ooh! ooh! i have one too!

1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

these books... they really teach love and compassion!


this sounds exactly like how Dear Leader got elected. Millions of disenchanted poor white folk, tricked into voting against their own best interest because emails and brown people.


your ignorance precedes you.
i'm not white.
obama was half white. [sorry!]
now take your racism elsewhere,
and please put the chalk down.

Posted on: 5/9 13:36
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#3
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
embarrassing meltdown from jcman08


it's called an opinion.
they do differ from time to time, you know.



Coming from the guy who wants a safe space from chalk messages. PC culture



if you're on here to disagree with me, doesnt that mean you need your own special "safe space" too? [i hate that term, as there are no safe spaces.] i think stating one's opinion is just that. if you're accusing ME of whining, I can't imagine what you think of the losers writing the same handful of phrases day after day after day, pushing and forcing their view on any and everyone endlessly. that's just mental illness, and a real example of people desperately attempting to create a bubble of illusion to blindly live within. as for these terms..., "safe spaces" ... "snowflakes" there just pathetic attempts to try and devalue any opinions varying from the accuser's own.

Posted on: 5/9 8:01
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Every time I see the chalk scratching it reminds me that every one is nothing but snowflake tears memorialized. I mean, who uses chalk? Children do.


exactly. true protest would not be expressed on jersey city's streets, where people in power with the ability to enact change never walk. thinking back to a time when you had REAL protests, the Black Panthers and other such groups, and I can see that we've devolved into a society of self-imagined 'freedom fighters' who succeed only in annoying others that think differently.

"Fight Trump Every Day"..... I wonder what that actually entails, beyond chalk scribbling and pink cat ear hats. maybe these people could write that stuff around the perimeter of the White House, see how that works out for them.

Posted on: 5/9 7:50
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#5
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[quote]

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

These messages aren't racist or sexist so why you are even bringing that up as a counterpoint is beyond me.


You still don't get it. Much of life is political. People make up their reasoning. If you didn't like the messages (because they were pro-Trump, or anti-liberal), you'd make up reasons why they should be erased. That's what liberals tried for many years, trying to shut down conservative ideas by pretending they were "racist," bigoted, sexist, etc. All bullshit. But thankfully, many people have caught on to these tactics.

Applying that broad principle to here, I correctly observed that the commenters here who defend the chalk do so because they agree with its messaging, and simply make up reasons why the OP should shut up. They'd be singing a very different tune if they didn't agree with the message.


I didn't vote for Clinton (I'm not a fan of Democrats at all). And I think anyone whining about chalk in a public place needs to suck it up. The outside world is not your safe space.

Now what?


You perfectly fit in line with what I was describing, because you didn't vote for Trump. Reread what I said.

As someone who voted third party, you're also the exception and you know it.


i read what you said and it doesn't make sense. Why does it matter that I didn't vote for Trump?

I could care less if someone used chalk to bash Trump, Hillary or any politician. You know why? Because it's chalk.

Anyone who whines about needing a safe space for chalk needs a thicker skin and deserves to be called out.


It matters because you likely agree with the message.


I likely agree with the message? What evidence do you have of that at all? Total straw man argument.

I don't know what the chalk message said and frankly, it doesn't matter. Supported Trump? Doesn't matter. Bashed Trump? Doesn't matter. Supported Hillary/Obama/Bernie? Doesn't matter. Bashed Hillary/Obama/Bernie? Doesn't matter.

It's chalk.

If chalk messages rile you up and have you call for a safe space, I'm going to criticize your immaturity and extreme sensitivity. It's textbook PC culture and some people need to put their big boy pants on.

Sorry my answer doesn't fit into your paradigm. I'm coming from principles, not politics. Therefore, I don't root for political teams regardless of their actions. I respond to what happens, not if it benefits my team or not.


the mere fact that you've latched on to a newly popularized spoon-fed newspeak term like "safe space" and throw it around carelessly and hypocritically at anyone you don't agree with shows you think EXACTLY like the chalkers.

btw, i for one am anti-PC, and think the entire movement is largely responsible for the current hive mentality opinion epidemic going on. speak a popular belief publically, eveyone celebrates your 'free speech.' speak a differing opinion, and all of this happens, with people like you misfiring and accusing the dissenter rather that those at the root of the issue. i wrote this as a REACTION, because I take issue with the mindless ACTIONS of others.

it's alarming to read messages on the ground everyday, urging the total upheaval of our government leadership, during a time when it seems the entire world has us in their crosshairs. knowing that these 'protestors' are not looking at the big picture and the overall better good, and are focusing instead on their tiny little worlds & selfish interests, and coupling that with the fact that many of them don't have an opinion outside of what the media tells them is acceptable, and of course it's only a matter of time before people like me start to speak out against it. i stand in complete opposition to such a short-sighted, sheepish, ignorant approach to our political issues.

Posted on: 5/9 7:45
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#6
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
[quote]
EvilivE wrote:

if i go out there and start writing pro-trump slogans, you'll sooon see who all the snowflakes are...


Yes, those snowflakes... always getting worked up and offended over little things...


snowflakes..... is that RACIST?!! ????

Posted on: 5/8 23:07
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#7
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
embarrassing meltdown from jcman08


it's called an opinion.
they do differ from time to time, you know.

you wanna see 'meltdown?' look up some of the wailing, grimacing reactions to hillary's specular defeat on election night. look up the protesters destroying property and behaving like directionless, brain-dead thugs at Berkeley. that's what meltdown looks like. simolarly, you can always take a walk around downtown and look towards the ground to find countless little chalky meltdowns. =)

Posted on: 5/8 23:05
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#8
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:


TonyTwoPoops wrote:

These messages aren't racist or sexist so why you are even bringing that up as a counterpoint is beyond me.


You still don't get it. Much of life is political. People make up their reasoning. If you didn't like the messages (because they were pro-Trump, or anti-liberal), you'd make up reasons why they should be erased. That's what liberals tried for many years, trying to shut down conservative ideas by pretending they were "racist," bigoted, sexist, etc. All bullshit. But thankfully, many people have caught on to these tactics.

Applying that broad principle to here, I correctly observed that the commenters here who defend the chalk do so because they agree with its messaging, and simply make up reasons why the OP should shut up. They'd be singing a very different tune if they didn't agree with the message.


I didn't vote for Clinton (I'm not a fan of Democrats at all). And I think anyone whining about chalk in a public place needs to suck it up. The outside world is not your safe space.

Now what?


the only thing worse than someone whining about chalk in a public space, is someone whining about someone whining about chalk in a public space. you can always go find your own thing to be upset about, you know. stop stealing my chalky thunder!

be a trailblazer... err... trollblazer!

Posted on: 5/8 22:56
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#9
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"I don't feel this is venting, so much as putting the feelers out there to see if there are other rational people who feel the same way I do."

I'll make this very clear for you. Much of life comes down to politics, and people always lie about their reasoning.

Here, there are many liberals who agree with the message expressed by the chalk. So they will support the chalk, and couch their reasoning in a bunch of bullshit.

If the chalk was demonizing Hillary, they'd completely change their tune. Maybe not every single person, but most of them.

ALL of that. I agree wth ALL of that. well said!

$100 says that most people here defending the chalk or arguing with you did not vote for Trump.

As for myself, I don't agree with the chalk and it is annoying, but ultimately it's just a nuisance. Liberals are crybabies and constantly throw temper tantrums as a result of Hillary's historic loss (and the fact that they were 100% wrong about everything they said for 18 months straight), and this is just more crying.

The chalk is easy enough to ignore. I'd prefer that the perpetrators get arrested for vandalism, but the cops probably don't care.

Posted on: 5/8 21:37
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#10
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
If JC sidewalks are to become a public forum of sorts, spread the good word <3
Quran (3:56) – “As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.”



ooh! ooh! i have one too!

1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

these books... they really teach love and compassion!

Posted on: 5/8 21:31
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#11
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
if i go out there and start writing pro-trump slogans, you'll sooon see who all the snowflakes are... in addition to our original chalk-wielding revolutionaries, of course.

Oh, I'm sure people would complain. The question is, would they complain more or less than you? And more or less anxiously, or stridently, or bitterly than you?

My guess is it'd be about the same.


lemme guess.... you wrote that with your pink cat-ear protest hat on? bravo.

Posted on: 5/8 19:58
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

ahal wrote:
it's harmless, and for some it is cathartic. it is a healthy and practical channel of non-violent protest. it provides a way for some group to engender or get a sense of the size of their community. having a problem with this is tantamount to having an issue with democracy, free assembly and the free spirit that inspires love for this country and our way of life.


it's not effective at all. those that already agree with the sentiment don't need to be reminded, and those that disagree are being annoyed, angered and alienated. so much for the inclusion and unity these peeps purportedly stand for. if these people truly feel some kind of way about their issues, there are way more appropriate & significant ways to truly 'protest.' endlessly writing the same blah blah stuff on the ground is redundant and pointless. they're preaching to the choir, and essentially saying "screw the rest of 'em!"

i wonder if those defending people baring their chalky souls out on the streets would defend the flip side of their right to free speech. what if people spoke their views against things such as gender neutral bathrooms, or wrote "PIZZAGATE!" in pink hearts all across the city? free speech though, right?

Posted on: 5/8 19:54
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#13
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Looks like someone got bored by the lack of Trump trolls on Jclist and needs attention.


all I know is you have an EXCELLENT username!

Posted on: 5/8 17:50
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#14
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


"In my opinion, it's not rational to complain about something you can't control to people who can't fix it.[/quote]"

sooooo.... you're describing the chalkers. ????

Posted on: 5/8 17:36
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#15
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
someone has too much time on their hands, and is hell-bent on letting us all know it. 'resist' and "impeach" writtten inside chalk hearts, as if suggesting it's colorfully cute to upend our government's leadership, during a time of heightened political tensions, simply because the other crooked candidate didn't win.

I don't know whether chalking (yes, that's a thing) is legal in JC. It's illegal in some areas, in part because it's classified as vandalism (even if there is no permanent damage), and because it's not seen as a critical impediment to free speech (there are plenty of other outlets that don't involve marking up state or private property). There may be issues if such laws are enforced selectively, but generally speaking those laws have held up in court.

That said: There is no need to be such a Sensitive Snowflake. People don't like the President; he's not getting more popular. You might as well get used to it.


if i go out there and start writing pro-trump slogans, you'll sooon see who all the snowflakes are... in addition to our original chalk-wielding revolutionaries, of course.

Posted on: 5/8 17:34
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#16
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
someone has too much time on their hands, and is hell-bent on letting us all know it. 'resist' and "impeach" writtten inside chalk hearts, as if suggesting it's colorfully cute to upend our government's leadership, during a time of heightened political tensions, simply because the other crooked candidate didn't win.


should we all start writing our feelings all over the city sidewalks in chalk as well, particularly those who don't necessarily feel the same way as this person does? is that cool, or only if it's what the majority think they think, according to what the tv has told them should be their opinion? just curious. not really feeling having someone try to tell me how think constantly every time i look at the ground. most of us have more than enough to worry about during our day to day grind, living here and now. this person needs a job and / or some time-consuming hobbies.



you should post a Yelp review about it


hmmm... i'm afraid what you're suggesting is impossible. see, yelp is actually used for business reviews, so unless these chalk people register themselves as such, there's nothing to yelp about. thanks for the suggestion though...


Yup, nothing gets past you, eh?


nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Posted on: 5/8 17:10
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#17
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Anybody know who's paying these people?

I've seen 3 separate people doing it. Extremely annoying. Probably should have put this energy to use BEFORE the election.


Good question Comrade! Hillary is paying them out of Clinton Foundation cash stockpile. Of course liberal progressive democrats get paid for all activism.

And if you saw 3 people doing it, why didn't you ask them? You could have said looking for work.


haha, i wouldn't be surprised if they WERE chalk-based paid provocateurs!

Posted on: 5/8 16:59
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#18
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
someone has too much time on their hands, and is hell-bent on letting us all know it. 'resist' and "impeach" writtten inside chalk hearts, as if suggesting it's colorfully cute to upend our government's leadership, during a time of heightened political tensions, simply because the other crooked candidate didn't win.


should we all start writing our feelings all over the city sidewalks in chalk as well, particularly those who don't necessarily feel the same way as this person does? is that cool, or only if it's what the majority think they think, according to what the tv has told them should be their opinion? just curious. not really feeling having someone try to tell me how think constantly every time i look at the ground. most of us have more than enough to worry about during our day to day grind, living here and now. this person needs a job and / or some time-consuming hobbies.



you should post a Yelp review about it


hmmm... i'm afraid what you're suggesting is impossible. see, yelp is actually used for business reviews, so unless these chalk people register themselves as such, there's nothing to yelp about. thanks for the suggestion though...

Posted on: 5/8 16:57
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#19
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

EvilivE wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
You're right, we should only write our feelings by creating new threads on message boards instead :)


that's what i figure. this way anyone who's here is doing so by choice, rather than being forced to be subjected to someone scribbling the same handful of statements every single day. conversation is natural. issuing non-conversational, repetitive statements seems more like a sign of mental distress to me.


Sigh, I guess the irony is lost on you.

You're both expressing feels unilaterally. When you create a new thread, you're not having a conversation with anyone, you're just venting, just like the chalk guy.

You're not forced to read his messages, either.


trust me, the irony was NOT lost. i denied it on purpose when i replied. lol

i don't feel this is venting, so much as putting the feelers out there to see if there are other rational people who feel the same way I do.

now, should i keep sending this same post every single day?
cuz THAT's what these people are doing. and THAT is not THIS.


Posted on: 5/8 16:52
Top


Re: chalk messages around downtown.
#20
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
You're right, we should only write our feelings by creating new threads on message boards instead :)


that's what i figure. this way anyone who's here is doing so by choice, rather than being forced to be subjected to someone scribbling the same handful of statements every single day. conversation is natural. issuing non-conversational, repetitive statements seems more like a sign of mental distress to me.

Posted on: 5/8 16:09
Top


chalk messages around downtown.
#21
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


someone has too much time on their hands, and is hell-bent on letting us all know it. 'resist' and "impeach" writtten inside chalk hearts, as if suggesting it's colorfully cute to upend our government's leadership, during a time of heightened political tensions, simply because the other crooked candidate didn't win.


should we all start writing our feelings all over the city sidewalks in chalk as well, particularly those who don't necessarily feel the same way as this person does? is that cool, or only if it's what the majority think they think, according to what the tv has told them should be their opinion? just curious. not really feeling having someone try to tell me how think constantly every time i look at the ground. most of us have more than enough to worry about during our day to day grind, living here and now. this person needs a job and / or some time-consuming hobbies.


Posted on: 5/8 15:50
Top



TopTop






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017