Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Broad daylight shooting in Greenville today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it sad to know of a victim's extensive criminal past? The whole point is to reassure the public that they are safe, and that this was a targeted hit.

We all should know that if you mess with that kind of gang activity, this is one likely outcome. So I don't see the problem at all.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
jj comment Quote:
It is sad when a human being dies but the JJ should publish the ?victims? past arrests especially if it involved drugs. This way at least the citizens of JC can know it was more than likely a hit and not a random murder.

Is this the same guy?

Incarcerated Jersey City man charged in alleged MVC fraud

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal

on December 05, 2012 at 12:05 PM, updated December 05, 2012 at 12:28 PM

A Jersey City drug dealer has been charged with fraudulently obtaining a non-driver identification card at the Bayonne Motor Vehicle Commission office, officials said.

Markice S. Hatten, 30, formerly of Communipaw Avenue, is charged with distributing false documents in an attempt to defraud the state, according to the criminal complaint made public yesterday in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ed_jersey_city_man_c.html

Posted on: 2015/11/24 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The man who was shot has passed. 5th murder in JC in 12 days. Fulop still silent, I guess someone will need to get whacked in Newport to get him to pipe up.

I had the chance to speak with representatives from the police department last night. One of the shootings was a revenge killing. A guy that got out of jail was going back for revenge on someone that ratted him out.

None of that excuses the murders. However, it puts in perspective some of the cycles that occur. With an increased presence, we have people getting locked up for a similar period of time. They get out about the same time and go back to their criminal ways.

I agree that the mayor needs to address this. A strong statement is needed. There also needs to be a shift in patrols from areas that are less in need (think downtown) to areas that are more in need (BeLa/Greenville). From my understanding, there are new police graduating the academy soon and the majority will go to the higher crime areas. I?m hopeful that this will have an impact.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 15:36
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Hudson County prosecutor confirms ID of Jersey City's latest homicide victim

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t.html#incart_river_index

A drug dealer:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ed_jersey_city_man_c.html

Posted on: 2015/11/24 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson County prosecutor confirms ID of Jersey City's latest homicide victim

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2015/11/24 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City police are pretty non responsive in general. I've asked them about addressing misdemeanors to their faces and they give sympathy to the offenders. This allows the air of lawlessness to persist.

It is their job to enforce the laws on the books, not to interpret them.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 6:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The man who was shot has passed. 5th murder in JC in 12 days. Fulop still silent, I guess someone will need to get whacked in Newport to get him to pipe up.

How would you like Fulop to address the situation? As far as I know, Jersey City has been expanding its police force, which seems like a pretty rational response to increased violent crime. I highly doubt the people involved in the shootings would be affected by a mayoral press conference, but I guess it is possible.

While I normally disagree with about everything political involving Monroe, I'm pretty astonished in that I'm kind of in agreement here. Honestly, press conferences aren't meant to address the shooters, or even the victims, although perhaps they may take some tiny amount of solace in knowing that the death of their loved one was perhaps a catalyst for something. Doubtful, but hey. Political speeches are generally for the rest of us.

I'm really surprised the mayor hasn't given some typical, mostly empty speech about how we are all aggrieved and how the senseless killing needs to stop. Perhaps at one of the local churches, or maybe the steps of the new police administrative building in what is it, Marion? MLK? Honestly, these kinds of things are mostly gestures, but he looks pretty bad for not having done so already. A 20-something coworker of mine from that area mentioned this the other day. If someone like her, who's generally not a politically active person is bringing it up, then it's got to be somewhat pervasive in the entire community.

Politically speaking, Fulop would serve himself well by addressing the issue, even if it isn't in some hugely meaningful way

Previous JC mayors have had their chances for governor killed due to the persistent crime problem, and Fulop is probably super paranoid about any comparisons.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 4:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

How would you like Fulop to address the situation? As far as I know, Jersey City has been expanding its police force, which seems like a pretty rational response to increased violent crime. I highly doubt the people involved in the shootings would be affected by a mayoral press conference, but I guess it is possible.

While I normally disagree with about everything political involving Monroe, I'm pretty astonished in that I'm kind of in agreement here. Honestly, press conferences aren't meant to address the shooters, or even the victims, although perhaps they may take some tiny amount of solace in knowing that the death of their loved one was perhaps a catalyst for something. Doubtful, but hey. Political speeches are generally for the rest of us.

I'm really surprised the mayor hasn't given some typical, mostly empty speech about how we are all aggrieved and how the senseless killing needs to stop. Perhaps at one of the local churches, or maybe the steps of the new police administrative building in what is it, Marion? MLK? Honestly, these kinds of things are mostly gestures, but he looks pretty bad for not having done so already. A 20-something coworker of mine from that area mentioned this the other day. If someone like her, who's generally not a politically active person is bringing it up, then it's got to be somewhat pervasive in the entire community.

Politically speaking, Fulop would serve himself well by addressing the issue, even if it isn't in some hugely meaningful way

Posted on: 2015/11/24 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
jj comment Quote:
The JCBOE should cancel Tuesday nights open house especially in the hood.

Reschedule it until after the current shooting spree calms down.

Not fair for caring parents and teachers to be in the area at night.

It's bad enough some of them happened during the day.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Announce stop and frisk is in play, followed by a greater police presence.
Stop and frisk will not stop a gang war these are gang hits. It is not like these are a few guys that live a few blocks from each other that shoot at each other when they happen to cross paths. They are driving into enemy neighborhoods and looking for rival targets to even the score when ever someone they know gets shot or killed. That is why the shooting seem to be in a pattern of North and South, back and forth. The southern end of the shooting map the JJ put up is a known Crip neighborhood I know that much. And the northern is more Blood. For some reason the police or JJ does not like to mention the gangs by name though and I think they should to protect the public.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Announce stop and frisk is in play, followed by a greater police presence.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 23:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/23 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/23 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Interesting how your feed has a description of a vehicle and driver. The JJ piece does not...maybe they better start checking out the feed.

Male shot in Jersey City, taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries: police radio

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... i.html#incart_2box_hudson

Posted on: 2015/11/23 17:51

Broad daylight shooting in Greenville today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/23 17:35

[Advanced Search]