Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop would oppose Iran deal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop comments on Iran deal... I wonder if he expects Menendez's seat to vacant soon? Backstopping the governor run with senate seat?

Posted on: 2015/9/10 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
This deal will be a great coup for Bashar Al-Assad. I think it's highly likely Iran's unfrozen assets will be used to bolster Iranian proxies (Hezbollah, Houthis, Assad).
I think it's highly likely it will be used to buy ice cream sundaes for a group of kids visiting the museum. I think both of our theories have equal merit and fact backing them up. I also think that 95% of the people with strong opinions on the Iran deal don't have a clue what's in it or what they're talking about, including a majority of politicians.

Are their assets not being unfrozen? Is Iran not funding various wars throughout the region? I don't care about the nuclear stuff because I don't think Iran is a threat to the US, but they will have increased capabilities at bringing more violence to the region. Assad has said himself he thinks the deal will lead to increased Iranian support.
Possibly, but you don't know that for sure. Besides, Saudi Arabia funnels lots of money towards violence in the area. So does Israel. And the UAE, , and Turkey, and Qatar, and Pakistan, and guess what, so does the USA! Why is Iran the odd one out getting all the hate?

That's all a red herring though, isn't it? This deal is about nuclear reactors. No amount of sanctions will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons if they want them. Even starving, dirt poor North Korea made nukes. You can sanction them until you're blue in the face, it won't do a lick of difference. This deal gives the world access to their reactors, and makes it impossible for them to even attempt going for weapons-grade nuclear material without the entire world knowing (since they would have to construct tons of centrifuges and spend years working on it).

This deal finally gives the US and the rest of the World the access it wants to oversee Iran's nuclear program and ensure it's for civilian purposes only. It gives the world more diplomatic channels into "The Axis of Evil" and takes everyone a few steps back from the brink of war (bad news for the pro-war crowd who really wants to bomb Iran.

And yes, it unfreezes Iran's assets and sanctions. But you know what? Those sanctions can go right back in if needed. And sure, Iran may use some of it covertly, but Iran isn't nearly the boogeyman you think it is when compared to some of the stuff our "allies" in the area are doing.

The people opposed to this deal either have no idea what the deal does, or they have a simplistic view of the world that says the only way to get stuff done is to flex your dick and bomb countries. Because that always turns out sooooo well for the US.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are two sides of the same coin fighting for dominance. Both are bad, and believe me I wish we didn't prop up the House of Saud either.

It's almost guaranteed Iranian proxies will see some benefit from this. They already give those groups billions annually, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't increase their assistance now that they have the capability to do so. Maybe now the SAA can drop conventional weapons on civilians rather than barrel bombs.

I don't think Iran is a threat to the US, I'm fine the status quo. No war and no deal either.

Posted on: 2015/9/9 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
This deal will be a great coup for Bashar Al-Assad. I think it's highly likely Iran's unfrozen assets will be used to bolster Iranian proxies (Hezbollah, Houthis, Assad).
I think it's highly likely it will be used to buy ice cream sundaes for a group of kids visiting the museum. I think both of our theories have equal merit and fact backing them up. I also think that 95% of the people with strong opinions on the Iran deal don't have a clue what's in it or what they're talking about, including a majority of politicians.

Are their assets not being unfrozen? Is Iran not funding various wars throughout the region? I don't care about the nuclear stuff because I don't think Iran is a threat to the US, but they will have increased capabilities at bringing more violence to the region. Assad has said himself he thinks the deal will lead to increased Iranian support.
Possibly, but you don't know that for sure. Besides, Saudi Arabia funnels lots of money towards violence in the area. So does Israel. And the UAE, , and Turkey, and Qatar, and Pakistan, and guess what, so does the USA! Why is Iran the odd one out getting all the hate?

That's all a red herring though, isn't it? This deal is about nuclear reactors. No amount of sanctions will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons if they want them. Even starving, dirt poor North Korea made nukes. You can sanction them until you're blue in the face, it won't do a lick of difference. This deal gives the world access to their reactors, and makes it impossible for them to even attempt going for weapons-grade nuclear material without the entire world knowing (since they would have to construct tons of centrifuges and spend years working on it).

This deal finally gives the US and the rest of the World the access it wants to oversee Iran's nuclear program and ensure it's for civilian purposes only. It gives the world more diplomatic channels into "The Axis of Evil" and takes everyone a few steps back from the brink of war (bad news for the pro-war crowd who really wants to bomb Iran.

And yes, it unfreezes Iran's assets and sanctions. But you know what? Those sanctions can go right back in if needed. And sure, Iran may use some of it covertly, but Iran isn't nearly the boogeyman you think it is when compared to some of the stuff our "allies" in the area are doing.

The people opposed to this deal either have no idea what the deal does, or they have a simplistic view of the world that says the only way to get stuff done is to flex your dick and bomb countries. Because that always turns out sooooo well for the US.

I think the reason people single Iran out is because their ayatollah is constantly saying Iran intends to destroy Israel and that America is "the Great Satan."

It is hard to fault people for instinctually wanting to be as hard as possible on Iran after hearing this. Not like that makes Fulop's opinion any more newsworthy.

Posted on: 2015/9/9 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/9 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/9 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/9 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Your opinion is just as newsworthy as Mayor Fulop's, a municipal official.

Posted on: 2015/9/9 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/9 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Good job, Fulop!

Yeah, great job MAYOR -_____-

Posted on: 2015/9/9 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Good job, Fulop!

Why? Please be specific with your answer.

Posted on: 2015/9/9 15:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Who cares.

Posted on: 2015/9/9 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Good job, Fulop!

Posted on: 2015/9/9 14:33

Fulop would oppose Iran deal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Fulop would oppose Iran deal

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on September 08, 2015 at  2:48 PM

JERSEY CITY — Mayor Steve Fulop, who in June waded into foreign policy waters by offering his thoughts on Iran, said today he would oppose a nuclear deal with the country reached by President Obama.

"A nuclear Iran is tremendously dangerous for the world," Fulop told The Jersey Journal this morning. "If I was in the senate, I wouldn't be supportive of it."

Democrats are divided on the deal, which lifts sanctions on Iran's nuclear program in exchange for concessions on its nuclear capabilities, while Republicans are uniformly opposed. New Jersey's two senators are on either side of the divide, with Sen. Bob Menendez opposed and Sen. Cory Booker supportive.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... uld_oppose_iran_deal.html

Posted on: 2015/9/9 3:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017