Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Matthew Kopko. Assembly candidate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
From the Hudson Reporter story

Minutes later, Kopko states that ?two large men came up to me and threatened my personal safety,? prompting him to file a police report for the incident.

Either way, Kopko better hope some of the charges stick, otherwise he may be facing an expensive defamation lawsuit.

Kopko?s allegations are vague enough that he could get away with it. If you look at this way, what is he truly claiming?

We have a staring contest from a distance or from close with Eugene McKnight. Hmm? not really something that could be worth much.

We have a claim of if he didn?t leave, physical harm ?could? come to him. It wasn?t explicit in that he said it would.

I don?t think Kopko is getting sued here.

This is politics. And anyone can sue anyone else, anytime. The way I read it - Kopko simply went to pick a fight with McKnight as a "soft target" to grab headlines. Kopko is running for the NJ assembly. McKnight isn't.

If McKnight slaps Kopko with a lawsuit before the elections on Nov 3rd - win or lose - it could damage Kopko's election prospects. Best case - McKnight wins a lawsuit. Worst case - Kopko ends up covered in mud and looking like an idiot. Kopko may have picked a fight he can't win.

On Kopko's Facebook page he declares he is for "Solutions, not politics". I didn't find any solutions on Kopko's page - just opponent bashing. https://www.facebook.com/votekopko

Posted on: 2015/8/25 6:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Do you understand this, Pebble? Eugene McKnight is mentioned in this video:
https://youtu.be/BOAWfSrtBpk

I have no idea what direction you are going or what you are asking. Be specific.

Posted on: 2015/8/25 0:08
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Do you understand this, Pebble? Eugene McKnight is mentioned in this video:
https://youtu.be/BOAWfSrtBpk

Posted on: 2015/8/24 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Minutes later, Kopko states that ?two large men came up to me and threatened my personal safety,? prompting him to file a police report for the incident.

Kopko?s own statement in that article was that he will be going to the police. This comment comes from the author of the piece and carries no information about when the police report was filed. Additionally, why would Kopko say that he *is* pressing charges if he already did file a report with the police?

The police station is two blocks away from the incident. Kopko lives in Bayonne. What sense does it make to file a police report and then return back to the police station in order to press charges?

None of it makes any sense.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Either way, Kopko better hope some of the charges stick, otherwise he may be facing an expensive defamation lawsuit.

Kopko?s allegations are vague enough that he could get away with it. If you look at this way, what is he truly claiming?

We have a staring contest from a distance or from close with Eugene McKnight. Hmm? not really something that could be worth much.

We have a claim of if he didn?t leave, physical harm ?could? come to him. It wasn?t explicit in that he said it would.

I don?t think Kopko is getting sued here.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pebble wrote:
Where does it say he filed a police report?
I see this from Yvonne's link to an exceptionally biased website:
Really Pebble, Fulop put Eugene McKnight on McGreevey's payroll because with his criminal record, McKnight could not be on the city's payroll.

None of that makes any sense. I do know own an Yvonne to legible translator.

I am asking if Kopko filed a police report. What is wrong with you that you think that has anything at all to do with Eugene Scumbag McKnight getting arrested years ago?

Posted on: 2015/8/24 22:09
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble wrote:
Really Pebble, Fulop put Eugene McKnight on McGreevey's payroll because with his criminal record, McKnight could not be on the city's payroll.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Read the thread. One guy claims he's a "pussy," and "he does not deserve any position or office because he's not a real man."

Someone else said that he "is making a big mistake" and "he will find out the hard way!"

Certainly seems like blaming to me. So I'll repeat. If this political candidate was a black man and was approached/threatened by white men, would we see comments like the above?

I mean't stay out of politics period. Nothing to do with the incident.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/8/24 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I'd have thought if Kopko was leveling accusations on Facebook at McKnight, without even reporting it to police, that's libel. For an officer of the court, not very smart.

He did file a police report.

Quote:
?They told me ?You better get out of here and if you don?t leave, we can?t guarantee your safety.? From there, Eugene kept shouting at me, instigating the issue, so I?m pressing conspiracy charges against him for orchestrating this,? Kopko said, also exclaiming that he and his wife are not taking the situation lightly.

It does not say that he has pressed charges but only that he will press conspiracy charges.

Additionally, does this not read wrong to you:
Quote:

Matthew Kopko posted this on facebook:
?two large men came up to me and threatened my personal safety. They said I was not welcome there, that I better leave, and that if I didn't, physical harm could come to me. Those men were later found hiding behind Eugene.

So, let me get this straight? We have two large men implying violence. Later these large men were hiding from him. Why didn?t he walk over to one of the many police officers in the area to talk to them at the time of the incident and report them?

Even earlier, the guy writes this:
Quote:

Eugene McKnight approached me and proceeded to stare my way in an attempt to intimidate me.

Did Scumbag McKnight approach him or did he stare in his direction from a distance?

Personally, the only person I would have said was unwanted would have been McKnight. I could care less about Kopko coming. He?s free to enjoy himself. I would have been interested in talking to him, but it didn?t happen.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Read the thread. One guy claims he's a "pussy," and "he does not deserve any position or office because he's not a real man."

Someone else said that he "is making a big mistake" and "he will find out the hard way!"

Certainly seems like blaming to me. So I'll repeat. If this political candidate was a black man and was approached/threatened by white men, would we see comments like the above?

Nice attempt at a strawman. If aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

I was there. If a black candidate

I read the "he is making a big mistake" to be more in line with "Hudson county politics are dirty and full of scumbags." I don't see where the guy is getting blamed for going to an event or for running for office.

This seems to be your other issue:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
I'm not talking politics here, but if you have to resort to whining on FB on how you were harassed, in my opinion, you'e a fucking wuss. Okay he's a better politician than the other guy, who the fuck cares? he's a pussy.

Sounds like he's talking more about the fact that the guy could have literally walked a half block over to where police were standing and said something. Instead, the guy went to Facebook to complain about what happened.

Kopko was at the event. Scumbag McKnight was at the event. If Kopko had a problem, he could have walked over. Kopko could have approached Angela McKnight and told her his claim of what occurred. He could have asked her directly whether she sent people over. He could have asked her if she condones it. He didn't. Obviously, one person thinks these actions make him a wuss.

That isn't blaming the victim for getting confronted. That is complaining about the victim's actions post-victimization.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:40
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Would many of the "progressives" here be blaming the victim, as they are now, if the victim was black and the aggressors white?

Who is blaming the victim and what are they blaming the victim for?

Quotes and specifics are necessary.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:17
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Would many of the "progressives" here be blaming the victim, as they are now, if the victim was black and the aggressors white?

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I'd have thought if Kopko was leveling accusations on Facebook at McKnight, without even reporting it to police, that's libel. For an officer of the court, not very smart.

He did file a police report.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/24 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/24 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Hey Pebble, it is your choice vote for anyone, but others should know about candidates, especially candidates backed by the mayor. It is obvious you have an investment in Fulop.

My only investment in Fulop is that I hope he can make this city better.

I have no idea what you mean by "others should know about other candidates." You posted something about Kopko. I was there and gave my account. So, yes, I agree with you about knowing candidates and that includes when a candidate trumps up a conspiracy and makes accusations.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 13:55
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Pebble, it is your choice vote for anyone, but others should know about candidates, especially candidates backed by the mayor. It is obvious you have an investment in Fulop.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Video or it did not happen. Film it the next time. Everyone should have a phone that can capture video.

If you feel threatened, call the police? Or stand up for yourself, punch the freaking guy. Why whine on FB? What a wuss.

I wouldn?t use ?wuss? since I don?t think it makes any sense.

He was at an event in which there were numerous police and firemen around. They were walking around, talking, watching some of the shows, etc. They didn?t send anyone away. They didn?t come over and give someone a talking to. There wasn?t a situation to dissolve. In fact, it was rather tame and didn?t involve ?threats.?

Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Video or it did not happen. Film it the next time. Everyone should have a phone that can capture video.

If you feel threatened, call the police? Or stand up for yourself, punch the freaking guy. Why whine on FB? What a wuss.

Interestingly, there were plenty of police and firemen there just walking around and talking with people.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He's more of a man than someone who screwed Hudson County taxpayers out of over FOUR MILLION DOLLARS, and has paid less than $400 on his over $80,000 fine. As well as someone who spent two stints in the joint for crimes against taxpayers.

FOUR MILLION DOLLARS stolen.

Eugene McKnight is a scumbag. This is a borne out fact.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Yes, there was video of the moon landing and some people think it is a Hollywood production. There is no reason to believe this is an act. Kopko has been attacking Angela McKnight for many reasons, you can see his comments on facebook, so it doesn't surprise me Eugene McKnight going after him. Angela McKnight, the assembly candidate is relate to Eugene McKnight. I suspect Eugene did not want Kopko at an event that was primarily an African-American.

This post is all over the place?
First, Eugene the Scumbag is going after Kopko because of comments about Angela, a relative. Second, you now say that Eugene doesn?t want Kopko there because the event was ?primarily African-American.? Which is it?

The fact is, Kopko was asked to leave by someone that lives there. That?s it, nothing more.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Opps, careful your double standards are showing. We are expected to take your word for the Astor Street Fair incident because you witnessed it, while recently, you dismissed as racist the people who last Sunday night witnessed bad behavior at the end of a festival in Exchange Place. Of course you had no comments about the anti-social behavior exhibited by the bad actors (losers) at the festival.

Now, I am not saying you did not see something, but based on some of your previous comments, it is very questionable that you could fairly assess the alleged incident without projecting a racial/political bias. Your conclusion is predictable and would not be any different if you were not present.
Quote:

It's a fact that I was at this event. It's a fact that this guy claims he was threatened. I didn't see it. The "thug" in question is in his mid to late 50s (the person with McKnight). The "thug" actually lives on the block.

I know what occurred and as much of a scumbag as McKnight is, the idea that Kopko was threatened is laughable.

And yeah, he quoted MLK. What you fail to acknowledge (because criticizing a Republican would be self-immolation) is that he drew a direct parallel. Why? I don't know. But this guy would be better off quoting Reagsn or Ron Paul than MLK...

Fair enough point.

I didn?t say there wasn?t anti-social behavior at the Puerto Rican festival. What I stated was that this behavior happens at nearly every festival that involves the volume of people. I then provided examples. I called people racists for stating that the anti-social behavior was synonymous with this festival and only this festival.

Would my previous comments called McKnight a POS qualify or is it just that I am more liberal mean that I can?t judge an event on its merits? I don?t play the team rooting game. I won?t vote nor root for Eugene McKnight nor Sweeney nor Healey. I don?t hate Christie for being a Republican. I hate the politics that he plays and how his decisions have screwed this state. I know this is anathema to you since you?re all about the home team.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Is it OK to be harass, by thugs? I will remember your comments in the future if you are harass and then complain. Double standards indeed.

Thugs?! Wow? So a black man asks him to leave and suddenly that person is a thug?! You?re insane (something we?ve known for quite a while).

The man in question is in his mid to late 50?s. He has a job and didn?t approach Kopko with any weapons. Kopko has, what I would guess, is 20 years on him. The ?incident? occurred in front of that guy?s house. He asked him to leave. Kopko argued with him. The guy made a joking comment. Kopko pretty much left the vicinity. Claiming that ?threats? occurred would be stretching it, unless being asked to leave is a threat simply because the person saying it is taller than you?

Posted on: 2015/8/24 13:37
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
I think that Mathew is making a big mistake . He will find out the hard way! Stay away from politics.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is it OK to be harass, by thugs? I will remember your comments in the future if you are harass and then complain. Double standards indeed.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not talking politics here, but if you have to resort to whining on FB on how you were harassed, in my opinion, you'e a fucking wuss. Okay he's a better politician than the other guy, who the fuck cares? he's a pussy.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He's more of a man than someone who screwed Hudson County taxpayers out of over FOUR MILLION DOLLARS, and has paid less than $400 on his over $80,000 fine. As well as someone who spent two stints in the joint for crimes against taxpayers.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Opps, careful your double standards are showing. We are expected to take your word for the Astor Street Fair incident because you witnessed it, while recently, you dismissed as racist the people who last Sunday night witnessed bad behavior at the end of a festival in Exchange Place. Of course you had no comments about the anti-social behavior exhibited by the bad actors (losers) at the festival.

Now, I am not saying you did not see something, but based on some of your previous comments, it is very questionable that you could fairly assess the alleged incident without projecting a racial/political bias. Your conclusion is predictable and would not be any different if you were not present.

Quote:

It's a fact that I was at this event. It's a fact that this guy claims he was threatened. I didn't see it. The "thug" in question is in his mid to late 50s (the person with McKnight). The "thug" actually lives on the block.

I know what occurred and as much of a scumbag as McKnight is, the idea that Kopko was threatened is laughable.

And yeah, he quoted MLK. What you fail to acknowledge (because criticizing a Republican would be self-immolation) is that he drew a direct parallel. Why? I don't know. But this guy would be better off quoting Reagsn or Ron Paul than MLK...

Posted on: 2015/8/24 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, there was video of the moon landing and some people think it is a Hollywood production. There is no reason to believe this is an act. Kopko has been attacking Angela McKnight for many reasons, you can see his comments on facebook, so it doesn't surprise me Eugene McKnight going after him. Angela McKnight, the assembly candidate is relate to Eugene McKnight. I suspect Eugene did not want Kopko at an event that was primarily an African-American.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/24 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
There was a video of the moon landing. It was 1969. If this was so important someone should've been filming it. I say it's overblown BS

In any case I could not have any respect for a crybaby who wouldn't stand up for himself, no matter what his politics are.

I donlt know who he is, or what his politics are, he does not deserve any position or office because he's not a real man

Posted on: 2015/8/24 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was not at the moon landing but I am sure it happened .Kopko
was at an event that has a large African-American population. I copied and paste his remarks which was addressed to that audience.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/24 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
The guy "quoted" MLK, not sure where he compared himself, but often times Pebbles sees things that just do not exist and ignores the obvious because it doesn't fit his view of the world.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Agreed that the MLK comparison was, er, somewhat a stretch!

When irony is looked up in the definition, this should be there.

Posted on: 2015/8/23 23:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The guy "quoted" MLK, not sure where he compared himself, but often times Pebbles sees things that just do not exist and ignores the obvious because it doesn't fit his view of the world.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/8/23 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/23 22:57

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017