Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 58

amc, nafco, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (Poncho11)




Re: Gringos Taqueria - Coles Street
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Funny you say that because you are on the mark. The over all feeling is good. Drinks are good also. But the food is totally flavor less. Something they have to work on. Seems to lack every thing that goes into a real Taco. But, on the other hand, there are plenty of restaurants that cater to the drink rather then food.

Posted on: 8/17 11:35
Top


Re: Cleaning carpeted stairs in 3 story building recommendation
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Constantine cleaners Hoboken. Did my place twice. Came out great.

Posted on: 5/25 11:15
Top


Re: You know you're a JC old-timer if you remember...
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Tha'ts him !

Posted on: 5/10 16:37
Top


Re: You know you're a JC old-timer if you remember...
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


I know exactly who your talking about. He actually started on 3rd and Newark. He was Irish. I can't remember his name right now, but I will. Later

Posted on: 5/10 15:49
Top


Re: Yet another pit bull attack. Time for regulation of fighting dogs?
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Not really, but it seems that they are always the breed. Can you name another breed that has been in the paper more than a pit ?

Posted on: 5/6 10:21
Top


Re: Yet another pit bull attack. Time for regulation of fighting dogs?
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


It seems it is always a Pitbul. Probably a rescue that most people know nothing about the Dogs back ground until something happens. They are known to like belly rubs.

Posted on: 5/3 17:39
Top


Re: What is FM? New sign over old "Union Republic" space @ Newark & 3rd
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


70's theme restaurant.

Posted on: 1/30 6:34
Top


Re: Passport photos
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Postnet

Posted on: 12/23 11:42
Top


Re: Naloxone Now Available w/o Prescription at NJ Walgreens ($40/Dose)
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
A lot of good and bad with this.

Junkies keeping it on hand so they don't die.

Junkies keeping it on hand to they can push the limits
of dying......
#4


Easy to answer. I know this will be hard for you, it calls for actual empathy. But just try and put yourself in the shoes of that junky's parents, and see what your answer comes out to.

Lots of people eventually get clean, but dying really makes that kinda hard.



Great answer .

Posted on: 12/23 7:19
Top


Re: What's going there? (Heights edition)
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

heights wrote:
[quote]
Chris_NJ wrote:
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... de_leche_bakery_open.html

I can't believe I missed that Dulce de Leche bakery opened on Central. I walked by at closing time last night and it looks beautiful. Their first one is way up in North Bergen and the 2 times I went it was packed and everything I tried was delicious. I may have to walk over for breakfast in a few hours!

This place is terrific ! A wonderful place for breakfast they have an array of croissants and other pastries. The place is laid out quite well and clean so clean it glistens. The d├ęcor is brightly lit in a very inviting wood tone. I've been there quite a few times already always packed seems to be the new go to place on Central Ave. in the Heights section.[/qu

Place is very good. !

Posted on: 2016/10/31 11:20
Top


Re: Bill Gaughan Died Tonight
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Great Guy, Great friend , never said I can't help you.

Posted on: 2016/10/21 12:44
Top


Re: You know you're a JC old-timer if you remember...
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Remember buying the NY Sunday Daily news the night before to read the box scores. Yankees mostly.

That was known as The Night Owl came around in their old Daily News black box truck every night around 9pm. As a teen waited in line with all the others to get the track mutual pool number.


Heights,
do you remember the Polio Bros grocery store that was next door to the fire station on Central Ave. ? How about the A&P store on Montross & Beech street ?

Posted on: 2016/8/23 11:32
Top


Re: You know you're a JC old-timer if you remember...
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Remember buying the NY Sunday Daily news the night before to read the box scores. Yankees mostly.

Posted on: 2016/8/19 15:16
Top


Re: Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in Downtown JC
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


The buildings are owned by Ismael Cruz. Enough said.

Posted on: 2016/8/10 18:37
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

And this is being posted why? Did I miss something?


I was pointing out the attitude of this cop.to speak to someone this way. Git it ? Would you accept a cop speaking to you in this manner ? You sound like you would.


Had similar run in with a po-po from Union City. Solution was very simple, especially in this day & age. Couldn't see name or badge number because he had a traffic vest over it. BUT he couldn't hide his face from my cellphone camera, which I then sent to the Chief of Police with an explanation of the incident.


Both of you pointing out an incident means nothing because you have basically said nothing but that the mean policeman yelled at you.


Unlike your unlikely story, we were only bringing out the lousy attitude of the cop. Your brave cop story seems a little weak.


Someone hurt your feelings because you whine about something but doing nothing about it so you call their story BS, common theme with your posts. Awaiting lame response.


Very well said psyop!


I made an unfortunate statement regarding a cop being jerk for no reason considering what is going on today, and what that could lead to. Then I get called out by LoKo498 for nonsense but meanwhile he give's an answer more vague and useless to answer the post" Man in the police type uniform" with," I don't know him but I have seen him in the Duncan Donuts on Union street and Westside ave ? Okay ! Any worse then my post ? Being your all so bright and informative.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 16:42
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

And this is being posted why? Did I miss something?


I was pointing out the attitude of this cop.to speak to someone this way. Git it ? Would you accept a cop speaking to you in this manner ? You sound like you would.


Had similar run in with a po-po from Union City. Solution was very simple, especially in this day & age. Couldn't see name or badge number because he had a traffic vest over it. BUT he couldn't hide his face from my cellphone camera, which I then sent to the Chief of Police with an explanation of the incident.


Both of you pointing out an incident means nothing because you have basically said nothing but that the mean policeman yelled at you.


Unlike your unlikely story, we were only bringing out the lousy attitude of the cop. Your brave cop story seems a little weak.


Someone hurt your feelings because you whine about something but doing nothing about it so you call their story BS, common theme with your posts. Awaiting lame response.


Talk about getting feelings hurt, you read like a cry baby for attacking Yvonne ( because she's an older woman) over transgender remark.s Common, if not only posts you make.


Me standing up to a bigot(age has nothing to do with it) and you whining about a jerk cop have what to do with each other?


Nothing ! You said that I am whining, and I say your posts are obsessive . and almost deranged. whether it be the subject or the person that is posting that you attack.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 13:59
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

And this is being posted why? Did I miss something?


I was pointing out the attitude of this cop.to speak to someone this way. Git it ? Would you accept a cop speaking to you in this manner ? You sound like you would.


Had similar run in with a po-po from Union City. Solution was very simple, especially in this day & age. Couldn't see name or badge number because he had a traffic vest over it. BUT he couldn't hide his face from my cellphone camera, which I then sent to the Chief of Police with an explanation of the incident.


Both of you pointing out an incident means nothing because you have basically said nothing but that the mean policeman yelled at you.


Unlike your unlikely story, we were only bringing out the lousy attitude of the cop. Your brave cop story seems a little weak.


Someone hurt your feelings because you whine about something but doing nothing about it so you call their story BS, common theme with your posts. Awaiting lame response.


Talk about getting feelings hurt, you read like a cry baby for attacking Yvonne ( because she's an older woman) over transgender remark.s Common, if not only posts you make.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 12:27
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
[quote]
Poncho11 wrote:
If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

And this is being posted why? Did I miss something?


I was pointing out the attitude of this cop.to speak to someone this way. Git it ? Would you accept a cop speaking to you in this manner ? You sound like you would.


Had similar run in with a po-po from Union City. Solution was very simple, especially in this day & age. Couldn't see name or badge number because he had a traffic vest over it. BUT he couldn't hide his face from my cellphone camera, which I then sent to the Chief of Police with an explanation of the incident.


Both of you pointing out an incident means nothing because you have basically said nothing but that the mean policeman yelled at you.


Unlike your unlikely story, we were only bringing out the lousy attitude of the cop. Your brave cop story seems a little weak.[/quot

Yeah Sure I ll call Brian Stack and he will remember your story.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 6:27
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

And this is being posted why? Did I miss something?


I was pointing out the attitude of this cop.to speak to someone this way. Git it ? Would you accept a cop speaking to you in this manner ? You sound like you would.


Had similar run in with a po-po from Union City. Solution was very simple, especially in this day & age. Couldn't see name or badge number because he had a traffic vest over it. BUT he couldn't hide his face from my cellphone camera, which I then sent to the Chief of Police with an explanation of the incident.


Both of you pointing out an incident means nothing because you have basically said nothing but that the mean policeman yelled at you.


Unlike your unlikely story, we were only bringing out the lousy attitude of the cop. Your brave cop story seems a little weak.

Posted on: 2016/7/25 9:39
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

And this is being posted why? Did I miss something?


I was pointing out the attitude of this cop.to speak to someone this way. Git it ? Would you accept a cop speaking to you in this manner ? You sound like you would.

Posted on: 2016/7/23 14:03
Top


Re: Uptight Newark ave cop
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


If I had an altercation with him I would have taken his name, but I was in the car and couldn't read his name and no reason to take his name at that time. So that makes your observation useless.

Posted on: 2016/7/20 10:45
Top


Re: Republican Convention
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Bill Maher on two days this week to comment should be good.

Posted on: 2016/7/19 18:51
Top


Uptight Newark ave cop
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Driving on Newark ave approaching the cross walk by the Archer and I was allowing a women to cross ( I thought) when some blond cop yells keep your #ucking eyes on the road. He was throwing love nothings at this women who I was allowing to cross. I guess he thought I was interfering. I said how about I talk to you that way, and report you. . I was waiting to get pulled over, but nothing.

Posted on: 2016/7/18 16:10
Top


Re: Dullboy cocktail bar
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
The only bar in JC that should be on that list is on West Side Ave.


Why ? What is the name of this great place ?

Posted on: 2016/6/4 15:38
Top


Re: Anyone else find this obnoxious?
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


What no Kids ?

Posted on: 2016/5/17 15:47
Top


Re: Extended Meter times
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

bustjc wrote:
Where did you see this?


A store owner who is a part of the SID received a note in the mail from the city and he showed me it. Ord. 16.007 Agenda 3G 1st reading. It includes all the streets with Meters.

Write your Councilman or Councilwoman.

Posted on: 2016/5/11 12:55
Top


Extended Meter times
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


No more free Sunday parking at the meters. City plans to extend parking Hours until 9 PM, including Sundays.

Posted on: 2016/5/11 11:30
Top


Re: Two Boots Pizza
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
uhhh you realize there are Two Boots locations in Manhattan right?? It's possible you are just reaching to bitch about the JC location for no valid reason- but that wouldn't be much of a surprise!


TTP, you are correct, and what is it with these posters ? They must lose sleep wondering what 2 Boots is up to. These people have real problems other worrying about 2 Boots.


People complain about Two Boots because he lobbied the city to get the food trucks removed from Grove St Plaza so he could help his bottom line. At the expense of the public, who loved the food trucks.


And a bunch of other local businesses but because Two Boots was the only business owner to actually try to explain the reasoning to the deliberately obtuse posters on JCList they just harp on his business like it was just him. lol I'm sure their "boycott" of all those businesses really panned out and made a huge difference- that's why they keep up the bitching on here. It's their only outlet because in reality no one else gives a shit.


That is not entirely accurate. Aaron (owner of 2 Boots) was the ringleader with Drunk Jeff (owner of the Bistro) as his sidekick. Without Aaron this would NOT have happened and the residents of Jersey City would still have regular access to food trucks, as it is in every other modern city of comparable size.

In addition, I am friends with several business owners/GMs who signed that list and they all have stated that they now believe Aaron handled it incorrectly, aside from his rather poor reputation as a human being.


Regardless of how successful any boycott may be, none of the businesses on that list get any of my money. While I'm sure many of them will continue to do just fine, wait until the next recession hits.


yeah I'm sure the "boycott" will really be a huge factor in wether or not a business will make it through the next recession that you have no ETA for. Good plan.


Unsurprisingly, you do not understand the point of boycotts.


You know the next recession could mean your job as well.

Posted on: 2016/5/2 19:15
Top


Re: Two Boots Pizza
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
uhhh you realize there are Two Boots locations in Manhattan right?? It's possible you are just reaching to bitch about the JC location for no valid reason- but that wouldn't be much of a surprise!


TTP, you are correct, and what is it with these posters ? They must lose sleep wondering what 2 Boots is up to. These people have real problems other worrying about 2 Boots.

Posted on: 2016/5/2 11:14
Top


Re: JC's official game - Crosswalk Stare Down!
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Points for punchinig or kicking a car? I do it every now and then when a car barrels through a crosswalk that I am in, so close to me that I can reach out and touch it (which I do as loudly as possible).


You must know you can handle the driver , because I think you will get your ass handed to you in a second.


Yeah this. There are some intersections in which the lights and walk signals are coordinated differently. Its green for cars, but don't walk for pedestrians, but when its walk for pedestrians its full red for all vehicles. Well someone crossed against it and hit my car and I did follow them for about half a block.

I am all for pedestrian rights, but at least follow the current laws in place.


I'm not talking about intersections with a stop or with nothing. ie: turning right from Jersey onto Third or blowing across Jersey on any number of streets without regard for the crosswalks.

As "ass handed to you". Really? I dare you.


Only if you punch my car !

Posted on: 2016/4/18 19:10
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017