Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: anyone been to a satanic mass? what;s it like?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Here's an easy riddle, guess what Yvonne has in common with the Taliban, the Inquisition and the Black Hats in Jerusalem spitting on women praying? Thank God (no irony intended) that she and the intolerant like her have no power here to break down my door and haul me away to prison for heresy, like they do in the middle east and did in Europe at one time.

Did you read about the dozens recently arrested in Egypt for the heresy of using a corrupt official's given name when protesting him? The name was one of the early followers of the Prophet, kinda like throwing someone in prison for angrily shouting "Christie!" if they were protesting our governor.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There is a reason Pebble and Brewster use phony names because even your families would be shocked by the inappropriate satire or mocking you are displacing. This is wrong and you know it. It is an attack on someone faith. Shame on both of you.

You aren't a victim. Nobody is taking your faith away. They are simply expressing a differing opinion. Maybe you missed my mocking of the Satanists, but there are no sacred grounds and a healthy level of skepticism is necessary to live life.

As an aside, you know absolutely nothing of my family. Pretending to speak for them is about as profane a thing as can be stated on here. You want shame? How about looking at the four fingers pointing back at you while you wag that one at me...

Posted on: 2014/5/22 13:14
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
There is a reason Pebble and Brewster use phony names because even your families would be shocked by the inappropriate satire or mocking you are displacing. This is wrong and you know it. It is an attack on someone faith. Shame on both of you.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 13:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
As usual Brewster, you have it wrong. Wicca believes in nature in the form of spiritualism but the black mass is an attack on the practices of the Catholic beliefs. Brewster, you would not attack the Islamic with an image of Mohammed with spaghetti but thinks it is OK to do that to Catholicism.

As usual, Yvonne scores low on reading comprehension, and using the quote button. I said equating satanism and wicca was BOGUS, ie: "wrong".

What bunch of humorless prigs. What catholics and muslims have in common is dominating their cultures completely for a millennium or 2. Makes you intolerant, rigid and humorless, unlike my people who had to dodge genocide for thousands of years, often unsuccessfully. Gives you a sense of fatalistic humor, and questioning everything was encouraged.

Oh, and BTW Yvonne, take an art history course, that's Adam not Jesus in the Sistine Chapel.

That is certainly a fact. Nobody is raving about Satanists and there is more comedy in here, but some people have a stick shoved so far up their ass they can?t bend over so they immediately go to the defense of Catholicism.

You know who was funny? Michelangelo. When he painted the Sistine Chapel, he drew up the devil using the likeness of the pope at the time.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 12:35
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Satirizing the Roman Catholic Church isn?t just for Satanists.

Federico Fellini for example:
http://youtu.be/QMQ4JicUs1A

It?s as tragic to restrict people from worshipping as they please as it is to restrict them from mocking the church.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 12:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
whoever believes that the jewish, christian and imuslim god are not the same entity do not really understand religion and its history! i betcha ya they believe that dinosaurs appeared after adam and eve!

Posted on: 2014/5/22 10:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
As usual Brewster, you have it wrong. Wicca believes in nature in the form of spiritualism but the black mass is an attack on the practices of the Catholic beliefs. Brewster, you would not attack the Islamic with an image of Mohammed with spaghetti but thinks it is OK to do that to Catholicism.

As usual, Yvonne scores low on reading comprehension, and using the quote button. I said equating satanism and wicca was BOGUS, ie: "wrong".

What bunch of humorless prigs. What catholics and muslims have in common is dominating their cultures completely for a millennium or 2. Makes you intolerant, rigid and humorless, unlike my people who had to dodge genocide for thousands of years, often unsuccessfully. Gives you a sense of fatalistic humor, and questioning everything was encouraged.

Oh, and BTW Yvonne, take an art history course, that's Adam not Jesus in the Sistine Chapel.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
is satanism mocking any religion? isn't satanism just as much a rejection of the muslim god as it is of the jewish and christian god?

Excuse me???? Jews, Muslims and Christians share the same God.
Christianity was founded by people who followed Jesus Christ. Islam was founded by Mohammed. Jews are still waiting for their Messiah. What they have in common is that they all believe in God.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

I am not Catholic but I agree with Yvonne. Brewster thinks it is SO cool to dump sh*t on certain religions. He/she wouldn't be so brave doing it to other more intolerant religions..even if it's done anonymously.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
well, i'm all for free speech and the kkk and neo-nazis have every right to state their filth and lies, as long as they don't hurt anyone physically

Hate speech hurts people.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
well, i'm all for free speech and the kkk and neo-nazis have every right to state their filth and lies, as long as they don't hurt anyone physically

Posted on: 2014/5/22 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/22 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
OK, is no one else picturing a Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster mass with sipping a little marinara and the priest slowly lowering a strand of spaghetti into your mouth? I mean, right?!?!

Resized Image

Oh, and it sounded like someone equated Satanism with Wicca, that bogus.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sure Joshua, then after the black mass they should allow the KKK to do a presentation of the lynching against blacks and attacks against Jews because it is part of the culture of the USA. After all, we shouldn't offend anyone in our in our multi-culture society.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The Black Mass is a largely modern invention with questionable historical antecedent. It is perpetuated by a religious order with an insignifcant number of adherents, many of whom probably joined for shock value or were inducted at one time and promptly passed that phase of their lives. I see very little expressive value or cultural value and the ritual is clearly designed to mock. The University should allow free expression and inquiry but people also have a right to question the choices or organizations that put forth mockeries in the name of "inquiry."

Now, if they displayed Hieros Gamos, THAT might be interesting...

Posted on: 2014/5/21 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is the first line from Wikipedia: A Black Mass is a Satanic ritual which mocks the Roman Catholic Church's Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. I stand by my previous statement, this a mockery of the Catholic faith. And no university should be in that business.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
is satanism mocking any religion? isn't satanism just as much a rejection of the muslim god as it is of the jewish and christian god?

Satanism is not "mocking" any religion. They simply reject Christian tenets.

Wiki on Satanism

Posted on: 2014/5/21 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne spewed:
I am sure people who have donated to this university wished they could have their money back.

Or, maybe they understand and recognize that a well rounded education should allow for the inclusion of new, different ideas. Even those that are not supported by all.

I think your theory only works for legitimate ideas. Satanists are not. I don't think they mean to be taken seriously, but they are attention-whores to pick such a name.

The legitimate version of what they are trying to do is called the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If that group wanted to hold a mass, it would not have been rightfully cancelled, as the Satanist mass in the OP was.

Actually, the mass was NOT cancelled by the University while it had the support of a student group. It was allowed to go on, but when the group pulled out, the mass was moved elsewhere (as it should have been, since there was not local student support.)

Here is the relevant part from the article:
Although Harvard did not prohibit the event, allowing it as an expression of student free-speech rights, the campus group - the Harvard Extension Cultural Studies Club - pulled its support, forcing relocation at the last minute to the nearby Hong Kong Restaurant and Lounge

In any case, the University did the right thing. Historically, colleges and universities have been at the forefront of civil and cultural progress because they foster and nurture new ideas. That is an important part of education.

With regards to your point that only legitimate ideas should be allowed, I would only say that Satanism, while unsavory to some, is an established religion, with many followers. As such, it is a "legitimate" entity. For the record, I am not member, and I do not care to join them, and know very little beyond some basics.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/21 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So tell me bodhipooh, do you think Harvard will mock Islam? Of course not. Using your analogy, any ethnic or religious group can be mocked because it is part of educational inclusion.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne spewed:
I am sure people who have donated to this university wished they could have their money back.

Or, maybe they understand and recognize that a well rounded education should allow for the inclusion of new, different ideas. Even those that are not supported by all.

I think your theory only works for legitimate ideas. Satanists are not. I don't think they mean to be taken seriously, but they are attention-whores to pick such a name.

The legitimate version of what they are trying to do is called the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If that group wanted to hold a mass, it would not have been rightfully cancelled, as the Satanist mass in the OP was.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Dear JCDD:

Thanks for your plug! We hope to really continue to grow the program and the choir.

The true, the good and the beautiful are the so called three transcendentals. I think we all recognize them even if we deny the existence of them. (INfra the beginning of an essay by Rudolf Steiner, the education guru on this)

Yours,

Mao

The True, the Beautiful, the Good

A lecture by Rudolf Steiner on January 19, 1923, from stenographic notes unrevised by the author.

The true, the beautiful, the good: through all the ages of man's conscious evolution these words have expressed three great ideals: ideals which have instinctively been recognized as representing the sublime nature and lofty goal of all human endeavour. In epochs earlier than our own there was a deeper knowledge of man's being and his connection with the universe, when Truth, Beauty and Goodness had more concrete reality than they have in our age of abstraction. Anthroposophy, or Spiritual Science, is able once again to indicate the concrete reality of such ideals, although in so doing it does not always meet with the approval of the times. For in our age people love to be vague and nebulous whenever it is a question of getting beyond the facts of everyday life.

Let us try to understand how Truth, Beauty and Goodness are related, as concrete realities, to the being of man.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne spewed:

Posted on: 2014/5/21 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Harvard like other early universities were started to train Congregation?alist and Unitarian clergy. I am sure people who have donated to this university wished they could have their money back.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
The Latin Mass at St. Anthony's is beautiful. The mass itself is quite conservative, but the music is beautiful. It is really the main reason why I attend. ;)

Posted on: 2014/5/21 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the tip, Mao, I didn't know. I'll check it out sometime.

Posted on: 2014/5/20 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's exactly like this:

Resized Image

....with Chinese food! Can't forget the Chinese food.

Posted on: 2014/5/20 15:40
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure it's exactly like this:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/20 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Monroe:

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a Latin Mass right here in Jersey City. It had been at Holy Rosary for many years. Now it's at St. Anthony of Padua downtown on the corner of Brunswick and 6th Street every Sunday at 9:00 am. http://stanthonyjc.com/ It is a beautiful church and the choir is very good.

I don't know the understanding of the Black Mass, but the Holy Mass is the great prayer of Thanksgiving, Eucharist, to God for his saving acts in history. In it, the Sacrifice of Calvary is reenacted in an unbloody way so that Christ becomes truly present under the form of bread and wine which those who have professed the Faith of the Church, confessed their sins, and fasted partake of not to their condemnation. The immemorial forms of the Mass communicate the theology of the Catholic Mass much more clearly and directly than the 1970s version that is the norm (did anything good come out of the 1970s?).

Hope to see you there sometime.

Yours,

Mao

Posted on: 2014/5/20 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
do satanists believe its better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven? are they free thinkers?

Posted on: 2014/5/20 12:59

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017