Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City officials tracing crime to block and lot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting, I just received my crime report from SpotCrime. To my surprised it read.

We?re very sorry, but it looks like we have no crime data for you this week.

:(

This may be because there has been an interruption in the data feed or your police agency doesn't report weekly.

Feel free to reach out to us and ask! Just reply to this email.

So, were we crime free last week in JC? I don't think so. I guess JC decided not to report its crime weekly anymore?

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

ambar35 wrote:
All this talk about "crime in the streets". Let's change the focus. Why not talk about all the "crime in the suites" - right along the Jersey City waterfront! That's where the real criminals are - not folks selling dime bags in Bergen-Lafayette or Greenville to survive. Who made all the $$$$ off the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Who deals with corrupt government officials? Who owns the planes? Who launders the $$$$ every day?

Are you being followed?

Well, there WERE black helicopters in the air around the Super Bowl.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ambar35 wrote:
All this talk about "crime in the streets". Let's change the focus. Why not talk about all the "crime in the suites" - right along the Jersey City waterfront! That's where the real criminals are - not folks selling dime bags in Bergen-Lafayette or Greenville to survive. Who made all the $$$$ off the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Who deals with corrupt government officials? Who owns the planes? Who launders the $$$$ every day?

Are you being followed?

Posted on: 2014/2/10 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ambar35 wrote:

I will pay you not to have children so that your genes die with you. Name your price. It is important that your genes end when you pass away.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ambar35 wrote:

All of that is going on within the Candlewood Suites down on the waterfront? No wonder they never have any rooms available.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 20:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/9 8:04
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/10 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Agreed, I think it's great to see tangible change by leveraging technology to deal with this. All good news!

Quote:

Christine wrote:
I think that this is a great idea...it sounds like the most effective plan I've heard in a long time.

Shut it down at the source...that sends a LOUD message.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 19:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
I was confused by the Calls address list; 207 7th Street is a Police building, isn't it?

"THE CALLS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!"

Posted on: 2014/2/10 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
I think that this is a great idea...it sounds like the most effective plan I've heard in a long time.

Shut it down at the source...that sends a LOUD message.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Interesting to see the sharp spike in calls around the 3 o'clock time frame. Schools out?

Most that live a life a crime are not up commuting at 6 A.M. like the 9-5 set, most addicts and dealers are having their first coffee @ 3 since they are up all night hustling.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting to see the sharp spike in calls around the 3 o'clock time frame. Schools out?

Posted on: 2014/2/10 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
?I kind of feel like we?re turning a corner here and we?re in a good place,? Fulop said in a recent meeting with editors of The Jersey Journal, explaining the changes the city has put in place to deal with such spates of violence.

As a ward A resident, I feel it Steve! I see moving vans every weekend. The nasty. low lifers are packing up and moving out.

I am guessing since this article was publish folks on Bergen and MLK are pretty nervous right now with their addresses printed in the paper. As I pointed out before many, many times drugs need to be addressed in this entire city, before we can re-brand ourselves. Its like a candy store with a never ending supply. Thanks mayor and JCPD! I can see and feel the difference.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 13:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Looks similar to the Marvlis system currently being used by JCMC EMS to track hotspots and cut response times by collecting call history to predict high call volume areas at any moment throughout the day. A successful system that will be tossed if CarePoint/McCabe is given the contract. If this is such great technology for JCPD, why not for EMS?

Posted on: 2014/2/10 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, this changes everything.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Left this one out by accident.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/2/10 1:51

Jersey City officials tracing crime to block and lot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 09, 2014 at 3:51 PM, updated February 09, 2014 at 5:03 PM

To get to the bottom of Jersey City?s crime problem, top officials say they are breaking down crime stats to the ?granular? level.

That means Mayor Steve Fulop?s office is tracking crimes on a monthly, weekly, daily and even hourly basis, using data from 911 calls to relocate police officers to areas of the city that need them most, right down to specific blocks and addresses.

Fulop and Public Safety Director James Shea say this kind of analysis and action is the best way to keep the public safe in a city that can experience explosions of violence. In a 38-day period last summer, seven men were fatally shot, most in the inner city.

?I kind of feel like we?re turning a corner here and we?re in a good place,? Fulop said in a recent meeting with editors of The Jersey Journal, explaining the changes the city has put in place to deal with such spates of violence.

Fulop?s office examined the 62,532 911 calls placed to 911 from June through October 2012 to map out where the calls came from, log what kind of complaints they were and figure out when call volume is heaviest.

Of those calls, 1,068 were related to drugs and 853 to weapons, according to data provided by Fulop.

Reports of motor-vehicle accidents were the most common type of call, followed by reports of domestic disputes, then suspicious people or behavior, the data show.

Shea, a former New York Police Department deputy chief, said he saw no surprises in the data.

The average number of calls daily spikes on Fridays (425 calls) and Saturdays (437) compared to weekdays (385 on Mondays). It also spikes at 6 p.m. daily when people come home from work to report crimes that have happened while they were out.

Shea said before he became head of the new Public Safety Department in September, police officials had not examined this kind of data to determine where officers should be stationed. As a result, officers were not always scheduled when and where they should be, he said.

City officials are also using the data to create maps of areas where crimes occur, so they can identify what they call ?clusters? of crime that can be related. And real-time data means they can see almost immediately when crime ?moves around,? according to Shea.

?If the problem shifts, we will be on top of it quick,? he said.

Fulop said they?ll measure success by both a downward trend in the stats and from community response. When public officials brag about declining crime stats, he noted, residents often remain skeptical.

?You can?t solely look at the data and say, ?This is going to be a success or a failure,?? Fulop said. ?The community is going to recognize the response.?

The city this year plans to invest in new technology that will help collect and analyze this data instead of police officials doing it all manually, according to the mayor.

The city's own crime stats show mixed results. Between October and December 2013, there were more homicides, aggravated assaults, thefts, but fewer robberies and burglaries than there were in the same time period the year before, according to the COMPSTAT program that collects local crime data.

David Kennedy, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and director of its Center for Crime Prevention and Control, told The Jersey Journal that Jersey City's new focus on targeting specific areas "makes all kinds of sense."

To produce "meaningful" crime prevention, police departments can?t just focus on certain neighborhoods, they have to focus on certain blocks and even specific addresses, according to Kennedy.

Four to 5 percent of blocks will produce half of all crime in an entire city, he said.

"It has turned out that those 'hot places' are much more intense and much smaller than nearly anybody thought," Kennedy said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ersey_1.html#incart_river

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image