Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Bad Vibes at Park and Sixth
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Thisloveiswar wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
And as I read it, the actual 'scam' consisted of promising to pay the room-mate's sister for hiring a car to move them, and then not paying.

Hardly a scam, the girl(s) would have had to pay to move their stuff in any case!

Souds like a silly squabble between a couple of kids.

Robin.

I think the bigger concern for all involved was the threats made to acquaintances of the girl after they visited the restaurant. Within minutes of the couple finishing their meal they were being emailed by Gabby threatening to deport them (and at the time one was still processing the status of his citizenship). That to me is terrorism and much more important than a dispute over car rental.

This gets more and more entertaining. Post more details please because this website has been a bore the last few weeks. But in any case, if I were that couple I would have laughed at her email, given the fact that the husband was a citizen. Also, why would she threaten a couple for merely being an acquaintance of the woman? Completely ludicrous.

Posted on: 2014/2/1 17:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/13 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
And as I read it, the actual 'scam' consisted of promising to pay the room-mate's sister for hiring a car to move them, and then not paying.

Hardly a scam, the girl(s) would have had to pay to move their stuff in any case!

Robin.

I think the bigger concern for all involved was the threats made to acquaintances of the girl after they visited the restaurant. Within minutes of the couple finishing their meal they were being emailed by Gabby threatening to deport them (and at the time one was still processing the status of his citizenship). That to me is terrorism and much more important than a dispute over car rental.

I personally would never believe someone who "says" they're in the CIA, thus how I put this all together to begin with - but unfortunately for the girl she trusted her roommate and "friend" to the extent of believing "Chris" was caught up in work all the time. When confronted, Gabby had several panic attacks and meltdowns about the girls lack of trust in her. She fell for it, it was silly. But she's still a victim nonetheless. Gabby stating that Chris was her cousin was what made the whole scheme believable. She even had her brother call the girl on occasion posing as "Chris" after feeding him personal info from the text conversations.

Bottom line is the girl is sick and she's a criminal. I like Park and 6th a lot, but now anyone who is friends or close to the victimized girl would never be able go there again while Gabby is working. And downtown is an extremely small community.

I definitely don't recommend boycotting a restaurant over an issue that wasn't their fault, but at the same time nobody wants a lunatic serving their food and alcohol.

Posted on: 2014/2/1 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I would argue that one of the best threads on this forum when it comes to innuendoes was the one on the decapitated dachshund.

Posted on: 2014/2/1 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 15:19
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
This is incredible, best since the leash-less dog thread.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
This is an early contender for thread of the year.

To the original poster, beware of princes from nigeria!

Also, can't wait to leave work soon and get an all-star and beer at p&6. hope they have the "el fuego" special this weekend, in which case it could be three days in a row. Brian's the man. If you are boycotting there, your loss and more room for us!

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Well this is certainly an interesting thread.

On the subject of P&6, I really love the Grove St location, but absolutely hate the York St location. Grove St has decently priced beers, great burgers, chili, mac & cheese, and all sorts of things. The York St one is overpriced in every possible way for tiny portions. Why even name it the same? They're two totally different restaurants, even the decor is worlds apart.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I am going to keep going to Park and Sixth and getting a beast and a beer because that's what I do. Some waitress/roommate/cia/rental car scam story will not deprive me of what I want.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 17:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
I guess there is no such thing as bad press. Webmaster, how many of these "new" posters, including Brian, have the same IP address?

Posted on: 2014/1/31 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is really bizarre, and filled with people who have less than 5 posts.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 16:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure someone set up that account as a joke.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 16:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/24 18:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Oh so I see "Gabe Voxberg" is now posting on here. Gabby- the jig is up, everyone knows that is one of your aliases from the link already posted on the page- I have pasted it below for everyone again and provided quotes from the sites. A follow up link is also below, again confirming who she pretends to be.

And what "agency" we all know your fake persona is NOT in the "CIA" because he does not exist LOL. At least come up with a new fake name if you want to post comments in your defense.

http://catfishfinder.tumblr.com/

"Here is the person behind the ?Gabe/Gabriel/Voxberg/Wagner? catfish account. Her name is Gabby Varga."

http://catfishfinder.tumblr.com/page/2

"The catfish who used Kristian?s pictures has been found as well. Her (yes, she?s a girl) name is Gabby (Gabriella) Varga and she lives in the Queens area of New York City. She works under the alias Gabriel or Gabe (Gabe?Gab-e?Gabby. Get it?) Voxberg or Wagner."

Posted on: 2014/1/31 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
This may be a sign that dtjc is really becoming a small town. Basically, people are up in arms that some girl scammed her roommate. And the roommate believed that her new beau worked for the CIA??? She's probably the one who should be locked up, for criminal gullibility.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 16:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/27 13:12
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a case of mistaken identity to me. But to be safe I can have some people at the agency look into it.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
I don't understand where the "scam" is here. The cost of a rental car? That's....not a big windfall for all the lengths this woman is accused of going to.

If all of this is true it sounds like she is the type of grifter whose M.O. is a combination of mental illness and desire for financial gain. Sometimes the manipulation of others is as big a payoff as the money.

I agree that Park and Sixth can only deal with this to the extent that it's an HR issue for them. If the whole thing is some weird hoax it would not be good for them to fire this girl.

Those involved, I suggest that you file a report with whatever agency is relevant (police, FBI, etc.) and encourage those who dealt with her in Brooklyn to do so too (who knows, if it's a multi-state thing maybe that's a bigger deal and they'll care more- if anything it's more evidence).

Posted on: 2014/1/31 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand where the "scam" is here. The cost of a rental car? That's....not a big windfall for all the lengths this woman is accused of going to.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Lets take it easy people. It's not Park and Sixth's fault. I think a boycott is a little overzealous. I like their food. I wouldn't mind paying cash if I was that paranoid.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 14:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
People who have risen to this level of "sophistication" in their criminal activity have usually been at it for a while. This is likely not her first mark or her last. Were the police contacted at all? If any of this abuse is happening over the Internet that involves an exchange of money, this could rise to a crime that is reportable to the FBI.

Might want to chat with them at the FBI field office in Newark. They're not intimidating at all and quite helpful:

Phone: (973) 792-3000

The FBI is a fantastic idea actually. Being that she is claiming to be a CIA agent and making threats of deportation to people I think that could be considered terrorism.

There were plans to contact the police once the girls things were removed from the apartment they share. Right now she fears any action will result in her possessions being destroyed.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 4:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/24 18:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I will boycott until Gabby is gone. I do not feel comfortable having a con artist serve me. I hope the right thing is done. And to those who question why her employment is not on the other sites, its because she recently came to JC, after defrauding several people in Brooklyn. Now she is in our town doing the same thing to people we know and care about. I feel very sorry for all of her victims but JC should not keep allowing this to happen. Let her move on to the next town, as she always seems to do.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 4:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
People who have risen to this level of "sophistication" in their criminal activity have usually been at it for a while. This is likely not her first mark or her last. Were the police contacted at all? If any of this abuse is happening over the Internet that involves an exchange of money, this could rise to a crime that is reportable to the FBI.

Might want to chat with them at the FBI field office in Newark. They're not intimidating at all and quite helpful:

Phone: (973) 792-3000

Posted on: 2014/1/31 1:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/5 23:41
Group:
Registered Users
Good Evening JC-listers,

Thank you all for bringing this situation to my attention. Please allow me to preface my response with one fact. I do not know the facts. I am aware of a he-said-she-said dispute between two of my employees. And that's about the extent of my knowledge. As an employer, however, I have a responsibility to investigate fairly all information before action is exacted.

That said, preemptive measures will be taken tomorrow to ensure no fraudulence has occurred. Please do not hesitate to email me at dowling11@hotmail.com with any information or concerns.

Thank You,

Brian Dowling
Owner

Posted on: 2014/1/31 0:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We even contacted apples HR department asking to have Chris Wagner call us back and were told he doesn't exist.

Then we checked the voter registration website using the info on the ID photo that he posted to "prove he was real" and that person doesn't seem to exist there either.

When his name is googled the only information that comes up is links to the sites exposing Gabby.

Park and Sixth has been made aware of who they're employing already, but I would take caution if you've ever given this girl any information.

"Chris" sent very threatening messages to friends of the girl containing personal information that could only have been obtained from the girls cell phone. When asked how "he" got this info, he told the girl that his CIA connections can hack into her phone at any time and then sent her screen shots of her own text conversations.

The situation is very real and Gabby is obviously very ill and a danger.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 23:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Can anyone with more than a few posts provide evidence? Could easily all be BS.

This is very real. I'll break it down.

Gabby and the other waitress who was victimized were roommates. Gabby set her up with her "cousin" Chris Wagner, claimed he worked for the CIA and that is why he always canceled plans. Gabby ran his identity from texting apps, sent photos of a model from Sweden named Kristian Steen and set up a Facebook account under (Gabe Wagner) and an Instagram under (chrswgnr).

Gabby and the roommate needed a rental car to move into their apartment, and "Chris" told them he would reimburse the other girls sister for the car as his moving gift to his cousin Gabby and the girl he was supposedly courting.

When things never added up and photos didn't match I pointed it out to the victimized girl and we researched it. That's when we found various other women discussing gabby Varga on the internet.

She's a scam artist and I hope the restaurant gets rid of her before she strikes again. They lost an employee and a few regulars over it already.

I'm glad someone posted this here, the girl who got scammed is a very good friend of mine.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Meh. You know what? If its real I'm sure someone else is dealing with it. I doubt the owners would just ignore it. They're pretty cool people.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone with more than a few posts provide evidence? Could easily all be BS.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I eat there all the time and have ID theft before so I'd like to find out either way.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 21:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I'm calling them right now and will notify my council woman.

You should call the statehouse while you're at it and ask to speak with the Cyberpolice Division.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
...and how do we know any of this is real...

Posted on: 2014/1/30 21:47
Dos A Cero

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/12 12:43
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
And has anyone called park and sixth??

Yes the waitress that gabby scammed told the owners and employees as soon as this was all found out. But they haven't done anything.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

requiemofspirit530 wrote:
Yes if you scroll to the bottom there are photos of her posted as well as her name. It's definitely the same girl, because the man that was made up is the same one she used on other women as early as January.

It is amusing but also sad. I feel bad for the girl who was scammed but I, honestly just more worried about my credit cards.

Put a fraud alert on the cards then. That's what I would do. Or you could just cancel them and get new ones with new numbers if you are so worried. Most credit card fraud is done within minutes of the numbers being stolen so if your concerns have any validity, there would be fraudulent charges already, which you can dispute.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 21:36

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017