Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 174

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Late Night Loud & Speeding Motorcycle Packs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Please reach out to the Police Captain in the East District (dtjc) about this. I did get a reply from the West District command indicating there is a noise ordinance for loud exhausts, and that traffic officers patrol until 10pm generally. The responding officer indicated he would I will discuss a plan to address this ongoing quality if life issue with his officers and get back to me.

I bet East District would take you seriously. You guys have to join in on speaking up to help us get this addressed city-wide.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 21:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/17 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
There's one rider on an Orange bike who zips up and down Columbus WAY over the speed limit. He's the same rider that consistently drops his bike in neutral and opens the throttle until the engine starts bouncing off the Rev limiter.

I hope his drivetrain grenades. What a shithead.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Please everyone - email your local Police Command and copy the Mayor & your Ward Council person to ask for better enforcement of this matter. The most emails they get, the better.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Post the address of these 'speedy and noisey demons' and someone on JClist might write them an anonymous letter that in no uncertain terms that they had better curtail their riding behavior, see to that their bikes meet EPA noise restrictions or face untold displeasure directed to their bike when they sleep.
A similar letter was sent to a neighbor and friend who had a noisey exhaust on their car for months that I was unaware of and boy, he was more scared of the letter writer then police and asked me to help fix his car.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 22:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
We had a group here in the Heights also. They would congregate up the street from me. They used to ride up & down on the sidewalk, no helmets & wrong way but I complained enough & they stopped.

There seems to be one or two lone riders up here now & they seem to love zipping around after midnight. There must be somewhere that they can indulge their love without disturbing the rest of us.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 22:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 1:45
From Kenendy Blvd, Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I, too, am in the Kennedy Blvd/Montgomery Street area and there is no way the noise these bikers are making can possibly be legal. I understand a city is inherently noisier than suburbs but these wolf packs sitting at the lights revving their engines to mach speed are just beyond acceptable. Car alarms went off, dogs started barking, not to mention at 3:30 this morning my whole house woke up, including my father-in-law who is stone deaf without his hearing aids.

This may not be life threatening but it is an important quality of life issue. I see younger families moving into the area lately and I wonder how long they will stick around when they and their babies and children can't get a night's sleep, night after night.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just wrote the mayor, councilman & several ranking enforcement JCPD officers about this. Let's see what we get back. I'm up in the JCPD West District area near St. Peter's U.

I encourage anyone bothered by these riders to write their JCPD District commander/Community officers and CC your Councilperson(s) AND the Mayor. If they get enough Quality of Life Complaints from various neighborhoods on this, we may get some better answers/solutions.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They are out again tonight, up at JFK & Duncan. Ugh.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

someguyinjc wrote:
I saw some bikes going down JFK last night. One in particular had this LED/Tron theme going. Are these the same guys? Turds...

Yup! Five Guys! They park out front with their ladies and eat inside. And don't expect the police to respond if 27 of those lazy, corrupt idiots are retiring....

Posted on: 2013/5/22 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Call the police and note their 'meeting' place and time for them to make contact. It would appear the noise would be an issue for the EPA and Police to intervene - noise pollution / disturbing the peace as most likely these exhausts are non-standard and don't meet emission controls

Posted on: 2013/5/22 23:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
I saw some bikes going down JFK last night. One in particular had this LED/Tron theme going. Are these the same guys? Turds...

Posted on: 2013/5/22 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Honestly, that video doesn't show anything rude. You can argue that motorcycle exhausts are loud (inherently, some of them are) but there is a difference between a loud pipe, and a guy being a rude a-hole. From your video, I see nothing wrong. What do you expect them to do? Push their bikes down the block until they hit a main road?

I am not saying that there aren't valid complaints against rude, obnoxious bikers, but I have to say that I am starting to think that some people are expecting complete peace and quiet, and that's just not going to happen in the downtown neighborhood when you have so many bars and restaurants that attract both locals and out-of-towners.

And, honestly, if you have a beef with motorcycles, you better buy some noise cancelling headphones, or spend money sound proofing your place, because the bike riding season is JUST getting started. And, from what I have seen so far, there are more bikers than ever in this area, so you are in for a hellish few months.

Maybe you don't hear them near you, but I have been hearing these guys for years. They are VERY loud, they rev up their bikes like crazy, enough so that last night, car alarms went off a couple times last night.

You don't seem to understand, they're not just driving to somewhere and happen to pass by our houses, they are doing laps around town, and using Jersey Ave and other streets as a drag strip for back-and-forth driving all night long. At TWO IN THE MORNING.

YESSS! This has been going on for years & I am sick of it. Where are the cops pulling these guys over??

Posted on: 2013/5/22 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
When a motorcycle is redlined at a standstill and nobody but the rider is there to hear it?does it make his inferiority complex more frustrating?

Posted on: 2013/5/22 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Seen them meet up at Five Guys Burgers before their ride. It seems like it's a bike club.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Honestly, that video doesn't show anything rude. You can argue that motorcycle exhausts are loud (inherently, some of them are) but there is a difference between a loud pipe, and a guy being a rude a-hole. From your video, I see nothing wrong. What do you expect them to do? Push their bikes down the block until they hit a main road?

I am not saying that there aren't valid complaints against rude, obnoxious bikers, but I have to say that I am starting to think that some people are expecting complete peace and quiet, and that's just not going to happen in the downtown neighborhood when you have so many bars and restaurants that attract both locals and out-of-towners.

And, honestly, if you have a beef with motorcycles, you better buy some noise cancelling headphones, or spend money sound proofing your place, because the bike riding season is JUST getting started. And, from what I have seen so far, there are more bikers than ever in this area, so you are in for a hellish few months.

Maybe you don't hear them near you, but I have been hearing these guys for years. They are VERY loud, they rev up their bikes like crazy, enough so that last night, car alarms went off a couple times last night.

You don't seem to understand, they're not just driving to somewhere and happen to pass by our houses, they are doing laps around town, and using Jersey Ave and other streets as a drag strip for back-and-forth driving all night long. At TWO IN THE MORNING.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
A few of these a-holes just tore down JFK blvd at super high speeds & very loudly. Just ticket them already, cops!

amusingly, i just saw 5 dudes on silly looking crotch rockets on manila near midnight as i was walking home from the path. their cr's were loud, but they weren't speeding, which is something. pretty safe assumption it was the same dingdongs up there that half hour later

Posted on: 2013/5/22 5:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A few of these a-holes just tore down JFK blvd at super high speeds & very loudly. Just ticket them already, cops!

Posted on: 2013/5/22 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
I heard it Saturday night from about 11pm to 2am. This was not some innocuous d-bag going to and from, but some complete A-hole d-bag looping around over and over again.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
My buddy took out some d-bags rear light once. The guy was freaking out trying to find out who did it. We almost peed ourselves laughing. That was awhile ago but it always makes us laugh looking back on it.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/4/30 8:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I may have to dust off the pellet-rifle.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Correct in that the video doesn't show much, but I think that poster gave that disclaimer.

The problem is these are large groups going all around the city on seeming joy rides for long stretches of time at night - normally from like 1-4am several nights a week. They do not seem to be people just passing through or heading home after a night out in the city. They are not only excessively loud, but they often are speeding, and idling at lights with a seeming goal of making as much noise as possible.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/4/29 22:22

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
I live on montgomery, and i think from 1am to almost 4am, all i heard was the loud noise of their bikes going up and down. I was wondering what the hell was going on and seriously considered calling the non emergency number of the police. Its amazing how inconsiderate people can be. I wish i knew where they lived, so i could stand outside with something with a really loud engine.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
These guys are rude a-holes.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
I got home late from work on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I just happened to have my camera out when I heard these guys approaching so I laid my camera on my car roof and rolled this footage. It was around 2:30am when I shot this and when these guys got stuck at the light at 9th and Erie they were revving and gunning their engines. Sadly, the camera's microphone doesn't capture the full obnoxious quality of the engines. This was just 3 guys, often there can be 10 or more.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:38

Late Night Loud & Speeding Motorcycle Packs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is anyone else in JC getting fed up by the large groups of motorcyclists fond of speeding around JC after midnight several nights a week? I get that the streets are fairly empty then and thus fun for them. But they are not only speeding but extremely loud. They love to go up and down Montgomery & Grand from downtown all the way up into the JSQ & McGinley Sq. area. They speed down JFK Blvd. regularly. I usually hear them after midnight several night a week.

I heard them a lot when I lived downtown and now I hear/see them up here on JFK in Ward B. Anyone in any other areas seeing/hearing these guys? So sick of it!

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017