Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
so.... have there been any sightings?

Posted on: 2012/2/19 19:17

NO Snooki!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Just got back from the pet store on Jersey Ave and Newark. I can't believe some of the merchant shops over there actually have signs on the front door that say No Snookie! WTF I mean really?

Posted on: 2012/2/19 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey Shore' spin-off TV crews are loving Jersey City
http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ss ... re_spin-off_tv_crews.html

Posted on: 2012/2/19 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
For those of you reading this long thread who think Hoboken?s shi* doesn?t stink?well it does.

Maybe Jwoww and Snooki should be thankful that the Mayor of Hoboken is banning them.

While the Mayor protects her city's ?reputation? from the evil Jwoww and Snooki?visitors are being stabbed and beaten in the streets.

Jersey City man stabbed in Hoboken several times after leaving bar

Published: Friday, February 17, 2012, 11:00 AM Updated: Friday, February 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

By The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal

HOBOKEN A 27-year-old Jersey City man was stabbed several times during a fight on Hudson Street early Wednesday morning, The Jersey Journal reports.

The man told officers he was leaving a bar on Hudson Street between Observer Highway and Newark Street around 1:33 a.m. when he got into a fight with six men who dragged him on the ground and pummeled him in the head, police reports said.

At some point, the Jersey City man told cops he felt as if he was being stabbed, reports said.

After the six men ran off, a friend of the 27-year-old drove him to Hoboken University Medical Center, where doctors found his right lung had been punctured by one of the stab wounds, reports said.

The injuries did not appear life-threatening, reports said.

JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_man_stabbed_in_hob.html

Buy the JJ?it will take your breath away.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Snooki lookalikes compete in Jersey City bar close to set of Jersey Shore spin-off set

February 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
By Dan Rosenblum/For The Jersey Journal

As the ?Jersey Shore? spin-off featuring Nicole ?Snooki? Polizzi and Jenni ?JWoww? Farley heads to Downtown Jersey City, residents looking to see the stars on their infamous nights out didn?t have to travel too far.

One block away from the old firehouse where the crew is setting up a ?Laverne and Shirley?-type apartment for the duo, local bar Pint hosted a ?Night of 1,000 Snookis? Friday night that featured Snook-a-like and fist-pumping contests.

Before the event, Pint owner Wolf Sterling worked the room wearing a Snooki wig, but he admitted he ran into a roadblock.

?It?s hard to get a polyester wig that matches a gray beard,? he said.

Though some residents fear the show will lower the city?s image, Sterling wasn?t angry about its coming to town. ?Those people suck,? Sterling, 42, said of the show?s critics.

Jersey City, he said, has no national image and the show would give the city a chance to show its vibrant neighborhoods. ?What are they afraid of?? he said.

The event wasn?t affiliated with the production company filming the show, but he said it got him more media buzz than he?s had in the four years he?s owned the bar.

Alexandria Kavanagh, 25, of Jersey City, was the first Snooki at the bar. She said people already mistake her for the reality-TV star and she only had to buy a few accessories before entering the costume competition.

Kavanagh said her mom saw the event in a newspaper and told her about the competition. She was happy about the show being in Jersey City.

?It?s better they?re here than Hoboken, because we?d appreciate it more,? she said.

Ultimately, three Snookis showed up. Bar patrons packed around the impersonators, taking plenty of photographs.

Snook-a-like Liz Coschera, 29, of Jersey City, said she liked how the event both embraced and made fun of the show. To celebrate the contest and city pride, she shopped locally for her costume along Newark Avenue and at the Newport Centre mall.

During the contest, Sterling re-created what he called Snooki?s favorite pastime by having the Snookis sit on the bar. He asked them trivia questions, including their favorite food.

?Pickles,? the contestants yelled, showing their knowledge of the real Snooki?s tastes.

Ultimately, Kavanagh won the $200 prize.

?It feels good,? she said afterward. ?My mom will be proud.?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... kalikes_compete_in_j.html

Posted on: 2012/2/20 18:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/2 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
Filming of 'Jersey Shore' spinoff starring Snooki and JWoww postponed, Jersey City police say

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _jersey_shore_spinof.html

The start of filming for the "Jersey Shore'' spinoff starring Nicole "Snooki'' Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww'' Farley has been postponed until the end of the week, Jersey City Police Capt. Joseph Connors has told media gathered outside the old firehouse on Mercer Street that's to be at the heart of the show.

Filming was scheduled to begin today, according to notices neighbors received from the production company.

A representative of the company, 495 Productions, could not immediately be reached for comment.

Several reporters and a TV crew have stationed themselves on Mercer Street in anticipation of the filming.

Police have told them to stay clear of the building's entrance and city representatives are discussing where the media should congregate for the duration of the six-week filming, according to Jersey Journal photographer Reena Rose Sibayan, who's at the scene.

The show, which has been described as a Snooki and JWoww version of "Laverne & Shirley,'' has spurred controversy in Hudson County as the Hoboken administration rejected a filming permit and the Jersey City administration granted one.

In Jersey City, neighbors have expressed concern over things like parking but have been split on whether the filming will be good or bad for the area. Jersey Journal reporter Terrence McDonald wrote last week that many in Seaside Heights have seen the "Jersey Shore'' reality show as a boon for business.

PHOTO CHALLENGE

NJ.com users can participate in The Jersey Journal's "Jersey Shore'' Photo Challenge.

If you run into Snooki, JWoww or Snooki and JWoww, whip out your camera and share your photos or videos on NJ.com. You can also share photos on The Jersey Journal's Facebook page.

We'll showcase the submissions on Hudson County Now and select the best photos for publication in The Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PHOTO CHALLENGE

NJ.com users can participate in The Jersey Journal's "Jersey Shore'' Photo Challenge.

If you run into Snooki, JWoww or Snooki and JWoww, whip out your camera and share your photos or videos on NJ.com. You can also share photos on The Jersey Journal's Facebook page.

We'll showcase the submissions on Hudson County Now and select the best photos for publication in The Jersey Journal.

I think if you can get photos of Snookie and Jwoww, instead of giving them to the Jersey Journal for free you should probably try selling them or at least posting them someplace for personal publicity.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 20:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/2 13:12
Group:
Registered Users
Saw a camera crew outside of k9dergartin this morning on Newark avenue. Does anyone know if this will perhaps be where they "work" during filming?

Posted on: 2012/2/22 16:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
No. No one knows.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
John Huddy the Fox 5 news reporter who lives in DTJC did a piece last night (2/21/12) from that area. He showed a shot of that K9 dog place and said hey maybe they will be working there. He also interviewed the owner of Helen?s Pizza. The owner said he would hire them but work their butts off. He did make the mistake of saying they are Italian girls..they are not.

They also had a shot of all of the stores on the block. It made JC look interesting...hip

Maybe John Huddy was doing another piece from there this morning???

Posted on: 2012/2/22 18:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/26 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
uh oh, I board my dog at k9dergarten...should I be worried?

Posted on: 2012/2/22 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

gp193 wrote:
uh oh, I board my dog at k9dergarten...should I be worried?

I would be. Don't know if this place is involved or not but if they are I would be worried with crew people going in and out, leaving doors open etc. I would not be happy if I were a client. Maybe find out and then take steps from there.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
JWoww responds to bars that don't want her in Jersey City
After The Jersey Journal wrote a story about three bars who rejected filming contracts with MTV and 495 Productions for the Jersey Shore spin-off in Jersey City, Jenni "JWoww" Farley took to Twitter to call the bars "pathetic."

"Omg I'm crying over the bars that rejected us in jersey city. What am I gonna do Lmfao Ahh pathetic. Don't wanna be caught dead in them anyways," she tweeted.

She went on to say that she was getting lunch and her hair done with Sammi Giancola from The Jersey Shore.

JWoww, along with Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi were supposed to start filming their spinoff yesterday, but police said the filming has been postponed for a few days.

No sign of the duo yet as Jersey City awaits - some more excited than others - for their arrival.

I am not a fan of the show, never watched one episode, but I have to agree these lame bars banning them is stupid.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 22:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
I believe they were doing doggy photos yesterday and today at that place. I did however have a conversation with an employee of Helens that said they were going to work there. He was a young kid so i wouldnt say it was a reliable source

Posted on: 2012/2/23 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I am not a fan of the show, never watched one episode, but I have to agree these lame bars banning them is stupid.

There is a difference between banning a patron from a bar and refusing to allow camera crews to film on private property. Skinner's Loft, a respectable restaurant if there ever was one on Newark, denied filming because it would impede on the actual paying--and likely loyal--customers. For that, I am happy. I would be very frustrated to go out to dinner, only to have a bumbling film crew with lights and microphones a table over.

With that distinction, I have not heard of a single place that has banned either of these two. Not allowing filming--much like Hoboken did--yes, but banning, no.

Posted on: 2012/2/23 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Most likely they are filming, a lot of activity going on. Please make JC feel like a place everyone would like to live in...

Posted on: 2012/2/23 2:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, the film crew does come in and take over....If your in there they tell you to move to a different spot to make room for the Bimbos

Posted on: 2012/2/23 22:47

Jersey Wines and Spirits vs Snooki
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/23 23:46

Re: Jersey Wines and Spirits vs Snooki
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
WHITE STAR BAR SAYS NO !!!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/23 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Yay for the White Star Bar! My favorite bar in JC has standards!

Posted on: 2012/2/23 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
3 cheers for Jersey Wines and Spirits!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/23/snooki- ... sey-wine-shop/?adid=hero1

"...and the potential downside is God knows what..."

You my friend will never get my business again. If you don't let people in based on what they are portrayed on in a tv show, then you should perform background checks on every patron that comes in. There is a park around the corner where drug deals go on 24/7, and I've seen those people go in that store and come out with liquor. You really need a reality check pal. A real reality check, not an MTV one.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

You my friend will never get my business again. If you don't let people in based on what they are portrayed on in a tv show, then you should perform background checks on every patron that comes in. There is a park around the corner where drug deals go on 24/7, and I've seen those people go in that store and come out with liquor. You really need a reality check pal. A real reality check, not an MTV one.

Oh no! I'm sure he's quaking in his boots.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Oh no! I'm sure he's quaking in his boots.

He should be. Word of mouth is the best publicity. Be it good or bad. I know at least a dozen people that were very regular customers that will never go there again. If he thinks his little antics will gain him more customers than he will lose, he is in for a big surprise. But hey, he still owns Liberty Harbor and the Beer Garden. Good thing that has a very upscale clientele.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

yes and that WAS my story! I put it up on my Following Snooki blog (they (Thirty Mile Zone) basically took all the same pictures) and whatever ... (actually when I contacted them they said that an agency sold them the story but I know where they got it.)

Just venting, I love this thread, also I'm always available for strategic marketing freelancing gigs ;)

ok be kind, just hanging out!

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
one more thing, I love this wine store, I hope people keep going there. You can pop in, try great wines, and they are super chatting and fun, not like some other "judgy" wine stores around town that look at you funny if you buy wine and vodka at the same time.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Absolutely correct. This effete snob will let you stand at the counter with your thumb up your *** waiting to check out if he's discussing a wine with another patron. After this crap, I'm done with that place too. Also, I just discovered that the little liquor store on Grove north of Newark has MUCH better prices.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Absolutely correct. This effete snob will let you stand at the counter with your thumb up your *** waiting to check out if he's discussing a wine with another patron. After this crap, I'm done with that place too. Also, I just discovered that the little liquor store on Grove north of Newark has MUCH better prices.

My girlfriend and I said the same thing. It's one thing to refuse camera crews, but it's another to refuse an individual. This is Jersey City, NOT the segregated SOUTH!! I'll walk a few extra blocks to get a bottle of wine.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 2:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
What a stupid article. And the store isn't next door, at, but about the same distance from three other liquor stores.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Hell, I'm gonna buy something from them next time I'm in the neighborhood. Thanks for keeping the bar at least that high.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pattyb wrote:
one more thing, I love this wine store, I hope people keep going there. You can pop in, try great wines, and they are super chatting and fun, not like some other "judgy" wine stores around town that look at you funny if you buy wine and vodka at the same time.

LOL. No they aren't "judgy" at all. They welcome all.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 3:36

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017