Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Someone crapped on jungle gym at van vorst
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/28 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
More than likely it all came from a big kid or a big dog belonging to the people who use the park the most.

Can't blame everything on the one or two homeless people left in the area.

Boy that must have been some exciting morning at the jungle gym!

Posted on: 2011/5/10 4:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
I go the the HP dog park twice a day; I've never gotten sick, but seem to when I visit my nieces and nephews.

But back to the subject at hand of someone crapping in the playground. This is why I believe residents shouldn't be allowed to own children or homeless people.

Posted on: 2011/5/8 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Children are petri-dishes.

Posted on: 2011/5/6 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
@parkman - We appreciate all the hard work that you and all the folks at VVP put in.

@Yvonne - I think children can pick up as many diseases riding the PATH and going through the train stations as they would from playing in the park. Also, NYC does not prohibit dogs in parks. As a matter of fact, NYC DPR has a whole website dedicated to dogs Dogs in New York City Parks

Posted on: 2011/5/6 2:02
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/5/5 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Yorkster - Yvonne is not being a bit extreme. Children and ohter pets alike can very well pick up diseases from dog crap in the park. If the dog has worms it is easily transferred to child by playing in the grass or just touching the grass. Worms will penetrate the skin or whatever part of the body touches the infected grass. Unfortunately the slobs that don't pick up ruin it for those who care about the park and put their energy into it. It's not extreme is mere truth.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/12 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Come on...that's a bit extreme. I have a 2 year old, so are you telling me that I can never own a dog because they'll catch some disease? That's absurd. I don't have a dog now but my parents had one all my life and have made it through my childhood without catching any diseases.

Do your child a favor and get him/her out of the sterile bubble you have them living in and maybe then they can build an immune system.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It is common for dog owners to exercise their dogs in the early morning hours at the playground. I've seen and head it many times. While I have always lived on the park for many decades, I never allowed my children to use this park. For the price of the PATH I took them to parks in NY which does not allow dogs. Children can pick up all kinds of diseases from dog crap. Van Vorst Park is just a dog's latrine. Parents who are concerned about their children's innoculations should be more concerned about what their children are exposed to in this park.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Parkman, we appreciate your efforts. I'd like to get more involved with helping out, in some capacity, some day. It's amazing how some people just don't give a damn. It's most likely people who don't live in the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
VVP is a great asset to the dtjc area. Parkman and others put in a lot of time/money to making it as nice as it is. I'd put it up against Gramercy Park anyday.

The vast majority of park visitors are fairly respectful of the rules. There is a small percentage who are a bit entitled and figure no one will call them on their behavior - those who don't pick up their trash/dog litter, let kiddies pull flowers etc. There is an even smaller percentage of crazies who do things like crap in the playground (not sure there's any hope changing their ways).

The entitled set won't change their ways without penalties for their transgressions. I'm sure it's a long shot to think a beat cop would ever regularly wander thru VVP, but that's the only solution unless there is some sort of neighborhood watch in the park 24/7. It's the same problem we have with all the maniac drivers. Because there is no consistent traffic enforcement (costly tickets) they continue to drive in an unsafe fashion.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/5/5 12:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Obviously a bum pooped in the playground. In HP I see kids constantly snapping branches off trees and pulling up flowers in plain sight of their parents. My wife scolded just such a kid the other day. We also get basketball games at all hours of the night and rampant trashing of the area around the court. I am glad that dog walkers are out at all hours here because it adds a huge measure of safety.

once it's consistently warm at night i'll do my trek to the park and back with my dog like i did last summer.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Obviously a bum pooped in the playground. In HP I see kids constantly snapping branches off trees and pulling up flowers in plain sight of their parents. My wife scolded just such a kid the other day. We also get basketball games at all hours of the night and rampant trashing of the area around the court. I am glad that dog walkers are out at all hours here because it adds a huge measure of safety.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
I?m amazed at the crap (literally) that we have to put up with in VVP, despite all the efforts we make. As offensive as is was to pick up someone else?s shit yesterday morning, right after my breakfast I might add, it?s just as frustrating to see someone in a suit have their lunch in the park, and throw the wrappers on the ground instead of walking 5? to put it in the garbage can. How about dog owners who let their dogs urinate on the flowers, don?t pick after their pets, stay in the run after 10:00pm, or endanger their dogs and others by not keeping them on a leash? Kids from PS3 decorate the picnic tables with what looks like a men?s room in a hormonal free-for-all dorm. We plant unique varieties of plants (paid for out of our own pockets) and as they bloom, someone steals the flower?do we give up, not bother?

I have trouble believing that this is a necessary consequence of living in an urban environment?what happened to respecting where you live and taking pride in something special?

Some people make it very difficult to keep putting up with all of this.

Back to the original post, the person responsible for that has obvious problems but the others above have a rational choice to change their behavior and be aware of their actions.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
that area needs to be better lit at night or get seal team 6 on the job. There are some real idiots that hang around overnight...

Perhaps this explains the helicopters hovering over the VVP area right now...

if the helicopters were from Seal Team 6, you wouldn't hear them though

Posted on: 2011/5/5 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Bum poo.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
that area needs to be better lit at night or get seal team 6 on the job. There are some real idiots that hang around overnight...

Perhaps this explains the helicopters hovering over the VVP area right now...

Posted on: 2011/5/5 0:13

Someone crapped on jungle gym at van vorst
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the park the other day and was told by a few moms that earlier that morning a child found a huge turd on top of the jungle gym as well as urine in the lion tunnel. This wasn't an accidental poop that fell out of a child's diaper as the mom who saw it said it was too big to have come from a little kid.

Ironically, I think i posted a few years ago about my kid getting poop on the slide at vvp but I convinced myself that it must have been a diaper accident. Anyway, just wanted to let the community here to know about this in case it becomes a recurring event. It really bothers me that someone can be such an a-hole and would do something like this to a playground.

Props to the people who were cleaning up the park. They cleaned the mess immediately.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 0:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017