Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 »


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#48
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
eebbaaaayyyyyyQuote:

otnemem wrote:
That has to be the most annoying avatar ever. Especially for people like me, who are trying to browse inconspicuously at work. Any chance you could change it to something that doesn't provoke seizures from epileptics?
i'll look into it

Posted on: 2009/5/2 14:33
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#47
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/24 22:26
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 464
Offline
Quote:

CommanderKeen wrote:
it's because downtown we got the nicest ish rest of JC wish they could rock it this fly. I'm talking rolex. grills. rubber bands, man. spinners. I just bought a cadillac (throw some d's on that bitch).


Oh snap, where can I get me some of em abated rolexezes?

Posted on: 2009/5/1 22:38
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#46
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/3/14 13:46
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
Posts: 66
Offline
That has to be the most annoying avatar ever. Especially for people like me, who are trying to browse inconspicuously at work. Any chance you could change it to something that doesn't provoke seizures from epileptics?

Posted on: 2009/5/1 15:38
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#45
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
it's because downtown we got the nicest ish rest of JC wish they could rock it this fly. I'm talking rolex. grills. rubber bands, man. spinners. I just bought a cadillac (throw some d's on that bitch).

Posted on: 2009/5/1 15:32
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/8 20:49
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:
JerseycityNJ, I may be wrong and you may be right. I can't find the population breakdown for the various sections of the city, only the totals.

That said, do you know for sure, based on your numbers, whether the population estimates you quoted are based on zip code, census tract, or police district? The crime numbers are by police district, I have a feeling the population counts are based on different borders (for example, Holland Gardens and the adjoining 14th-18th Street neighborhood being 07310 where the rest of "Downtown" is 07302).

I'm actually just curious about where the lines are drawn for different things in this town, considering the high amount of disinformation and statistical skewing we're subject to by various parties with specialized agendas. I don't actually care if Downtown is safer than the Heights, I'm just curious what the actual breakdown is. Real numbers tell you a lot more than the people on this site will.

07310 only has 6,476 residents the East district goes a few blocks outside the Downtown Border but so does the North district. Even with those few extra blocks the North district still has a higher population it covers.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 5:49
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#43
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/4/15 7:57
Last Login :
2009/7/28 18:49
Group:
Banned
Posts: 35
Offline
JerseycityNJ, I may be wrong and you may be right. I can't find the population breakdown for the various sections of the city, only the totals.

That said, do you know for sure, based on your numbers, whether the population estimates you quoted are based on zip code, census tract, or police district? The crime numbers are by police district, I have a feeling the population counts are based on different borders (for example, Holland Gardens and the adjoining 14th-18th Street neighborhood being 07310 where the rest of "Downtown" is 07302).

I'm actually just curious about where the lines are drawn for different things in this town, considering the high amount of disinformation and statistical skewing we're subject to by various parties with specialized agendas. I don't actually care if Downtown is safer than the Heights, I'm just curious what the actual breakdown is. Real numbers tell you a lot more than the people on this site will.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 5:21
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#42
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/8 20:49
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.

Yes Downtown has a lower crime rate then certain parts of the city but Downtown is far from the safest it is only the most expensive. These stats are from January to the end of March of this year. To me it looks like the Heights is safer. Also considering the West district is over double the size of the Eastern and the East precinct is the smallest, Downtown is not looking to great.

Precinct:--East--------North-------West---------South

Murder:---2-------------0-------------2--------------2

Rape:-----3-------------2-------------5--------------4

Robbery:-35-----------34------------68------------60

Ag.Assault:-39--------27------------42------------65

Burglary:--49----------98------------97------------90

Auto Theft:-45---------44-----------68------------53

Larceny:--324---------119---------167-----------115

Arson:-----3-------------2-------------3--------------4

Total:-----500---------360----------452----------393


Well, I am assuming you are looking at the totals, and not at the reasoning behind those totals. I am sure that the East always registers higher larceny, auto theft, etc, since the Newport Mall, Target, etc (havens for prosecuted shoplifting and stolen cars) I believe would be considered East. Then you have to look at who reports certain crimes and how they are investigated. If there is no insurance involved, many do not report certain crimes as well. In any event, I would question these numbers.

I have been following statistics for a while and I am aware of what you are saying. I agree with you on why the larceny rate is so high but also keep in mind Newport is not the only mall in Jersey City. The Hudson Mall has its share of of larceny and auto theft as well. Even with all this in mind the statistics still show more violent crime in Downtown. The Heights has a higher population then Downtown also so that makes a difference when you look at the stats. I'm pretty sure compared to all the other precincts the East serves the smallest population in the city.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 4:55
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#41
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/8 20:49
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.

Yes Downtown has a lower crime rate then certain parts of the city but Downtown is far from the safest it is only the most expensive. These stats are from January to the end of March of this year. To me it looks like the Heights is safer. Also considering the West district is over double the size of the Eastern and the East precinct is the smallest, Downtown is not looking to great.

Precinct:--East--------North-------West---------South

Murder:---2-------------0-------------2--------------2

Rape:-----3-------------2-------------5--------------4

Robbery:-35-----------34------------68------------60

Ag.Assault:-39--------27------------42------------65

Burglary:--49----------98------------97------------90

Auto Theft:-45---------44-----------68------------53

Larceny:--324---------119---------167-----------115

Arson:-----3-------------2-------------3--------------4

Total:-----500---------360----------452----------393


Well, I am assuming you are looking at the totals, and not at the reasoning behind those totals. I am sure that the East always registers higher larceny, auto theft, etc, since the Newport Mall, Target, etc (havens for prosecuted shoplifting and stolen cars) I believe would be considered East. Then you have to look at who reports certain crimes and how they are investigated. If there is no insurance involved, many do not report certain crimes as well. In any event, I would question these numbers.


You absolutely should question them because they leave out the variables that are inextricably linked with the numbers - that is, the total population in each district.

It's the crime rate, not the crime numbers. "Rate" defines number of incidents compared to the total number of people in the area, i.e. "events per capita", i.e. "the actual statistical chance that something will happen to you".

Eastern district has many more people the North. It is safer downtown. This is basic math GnomeGeneral.

Actually there are more people in the Heights then Downtown. The 2007 estimate for the population of Downtown is 32,069, for the Heights it is 46,528. So Downtown has a higher crime rate.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 4:37
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#40
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/4/15 7:57
Last Login :
2009/7/28 18:49
Group:
Banned
Posts: 35
Offline
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.

Yes Downtown has a lower crime rate then certain parts of the city but Downtown is far from the safest it is only the most expensive. These stats are from January to the end of March of this year. To me it looks like the Heights is safer. Also considering the West district is over double the size of the Eastern and the East precinct is the smallest, Downtown is not looking to great.

Precinct:--East--------North-------West---------South

Murder:---2-------------0-------------2--------------2

Rape:-----3-------------2-------------5--------------4

Robbery:-35-----------34------------68------------60

Ag.Assault:-39--------27------------42------------65

Burglary:--49----------98------------97------------90

Auto Theft:-45---------44-----------68------------53

Larceny:--324---------119---------167-----------115

Arson:-----3-------------2-------------3--------------4

Total:-----500---------360----------452----------393


Well, I am assuming you are looking at the totals, and not at the reasoning behind those totals. I am sure that the East always registers higher larceny, auto theft, etc, since the Newport Mall, Target, etc (havens for prosecuted shoplifting and stolen cars) I believe would be considered East. Then you have to look at who reports certain crimes and how they are investigated. If there is no insurance involved, many do not report certain crimes as well. In any event, I would question these numbers.


You absolutely should question them because they leave out the variables that are inextricably linked with the numbers - that is, the total population in each district.

It's the crime rate, not the crime numbers. "Rate" defines number of incidents compared to the total number of people in the area, i.e. "events per capita", i.e. "the actual statistical chance that something will happen to you".

Eastern district has many more people the North. It is safer downtown. This is basic math GnomeGeneral.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 4:12
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#39
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
literally laughing out loud here

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:52
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#38
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/24 22:26
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 464
Offline
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Commander, I too can handle myself and thankfully well due to much martial arts, boxing and weightlifting, in fact, I'd love nothing more than taking down a criminal, a few years back two criminal with a knife tried wanted a real nice coat I was wearing, I lunged at the one holding the knife, then grabbing his partner shoving him them into each other a busting one of them in the head, they both took off....What do we do about our senior citizens and people that can handle themselves, the crime situation is not good for the.
BTW, I never reported it, so as you point to stats, they are not correct because everything is not reported and/or always categorized correctly.



Totally, me too! Them goes shop riting and beat down one many with cart. Cart go baaam! , he fells and lady says "NoOOOOOooooo vegatebles I bring jitneying on dollar bus they!" sonny mine gone ganging at heights. Den order on compooter boobie gun and him shoot man from healy. waw story gone fast i breath and breath and took both and punch with they heads. Aaks me bout nother storie!!!! I Veery telling on all... den poopshoot man sais Healy crame go downs!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:50
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#37
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
we should dress up more martial arts experts in fancy coats/carrying ipods

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:49
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/1/19 19:23
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Commander, I too can handle myself and thankfully well due to much martial arts, boxing and weightlifting, in fact, I'd love nothing more than taking down a criminal, a few years back two criminal with a knife tried wanted a real nice coat I was wearing, I lunged at the one holding the knife, then grabbing his partner shoving him them into each other a busting one of them in the head, they both took off....What do we do about our senior citizens and people that can handle themselves, the crime situation is not good for the.
BTW, I never reported it, so as you point to stats, they are not correct because everything is not reported and/or always categorized correctly.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:26
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#35
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/24 14:51
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 224
Offline
Quote:

CommanderKeen wrote:
Quote:
skepticalhook wrote:

I've worked in polling and statistics before. I can tell you that drastic increases or drops such as these don't generally occur without significant underlying changes (huge police increases, criminal sweeps, etc), unless the statistics themselves are manipulated. I would pose to you that JC is underreporting crime or changing criteria for their reports. Yes, I know there was a drugdealer sweep, but one action does not change numbers like these.

Why, you ask would someone do that? Well lets see . . . who runs JC? Could it be the Mayor wants it to look like crime is down for his own political motives? (which in the end hurts everyone, because you can't get additional safety funding if you report everything is just fine).
justifying your opinion with conspiracy theories could get kinda messy.


I didn't state opinion. I stated fact. The numbers are, more likely than not, manipulated. I discussed that further when I addressed the posting by "JerseyCityNj". Someone else came up with a report that showed crime was up. These are facts.

The "conspiracy", if you could even call it that, is simply a reasoning for why someone might want to manipulate the statistics. It was not justifying an opinion, but giving a reason for the fact. Get it?

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:22
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#34
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
Quote:
skepticalhook wrote:

I've worked in polling and statistics before. I can tell you that drastic increases or drops such as these don't generally occur without significant underlying changes (huge police increases, criminal sweeps, etc), unless the statistics themselves are manipulated. I would pose to you that JC is underreporting crime or changing criteria for their reports. Yes, I know there was a drugdealer sweep, but one action does not change numbers like these. Why, you ask would someone do that? Well lets see . . . who runs JC? Could it be the Mayor wants it to look like crime is down for his own political motives? (which in the end hurts everyone, because you can't get additional safety funding if you report everything is just fine).
justifying your opinion with conspiracy theories could get kinda messy.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 19:37
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#33
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Commander, People don't feel safe and the Jersey City crime rate is higher than the national average. If you were to walk around Jersey City at this hour, especially in certain areas, your sure to get mugged...Come up to Heights, there are gangs, drug dealers roaming around Central Ave, Palisade Ave, Summit Ave, Baldwin Ave to name a few. In other areas, Greenville to name one you could get murdered. Crime is a major problem in JC.
I feel perfectly safe walking around but maybe it's because I can handle myself instead of walking around cowering looking like an easy target.

Any city is going to have a higher crime rate than the national average, it's just how it is. The more people you have crammed together, the more crime is going to happen. Move to a suburb if you're so freaked out about your safety, because you're not going to find much more safety in any other streets. Hell, I lived and worked in Newark and East Orange for years and never once had a run-in with any crime, so maybe I am just an outlier.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 19:30
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/24 14:51
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 224
Offline
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.

Yes Downtown has a lower crime rate then certain parts of the city but Downtown is far from the safest it is only the most expensive. These stats are from January to the end of March of this year. To me it looks like the Heights is safer. Also considering the West district is over double the size of the Eastern and the East precinct is the smallest, Downtown is not looking to great.

Precinct:--East--------North-------West---------South

Murder:---2-------------0-------------2--------------2

Rape:-----3-------------2-------------5--------------4

Robbery:-35-----------34------------68------------60

Ag.Assault:-39--------27------------42------------65

Burglary:--49----------98------------97------------90

Auto Theft:-45---------44-----------68------------53

Larceny:--324---------119---------167-----------115

Arson:-----3-------------2-------------3--------------4

Total:-----500---------360----------452----------393


Well, I am assuming you are looking at the totals, and not at the reasoning behind those totals. I am sure that the East always registers higher larceny, auto theft, etc, since the Newport Mall, Target, etc (havens for prosecuted shoplifting and stolen cars) I believe would be considered East. Then you have to look at who reports certain crimes and how they are investigated. If there is no insurance involved, many do not report certain crimes as well. In any event, I would question these numbers.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 13:39
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/24 22:26
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 464
Offline
Out of the nine murders that we've had this year, JerseyCityNJ, most went down in Greenville. Along with some random gang activity in the heights. I would much prefer to walk down the street alone at night on Jersey Ave instead of JFK on MLK Blvd. Simple as that.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 13:33
 Top 


Crime up, arrests down
#30
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/3/15 17:13
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
Posts: 128
Offline
I went to the JCPD CRIMESTAT website. Despite what Healy tries to tell us, crime is up while arrests are down.

Comparing the last two full calendar years, Crime ("Offenses") is UP +5.4%, while Arrests are DOWN -5.3%. The news gets worse when you consider that Healy bumped up the JCPD staff by roughly 12% while increasing our taxes by 18% in 2006.

Evidently, crime really does pay, if you are a criminal or on the municipal payroll and not so for taxpayers.

Calendar Year | Total Offenses Count | Total Arrests | Adult Arrests Count |Juvenile Arrests Count
2009* 1149 1995 1854 141
2008 9822 12002 11046 956
2007 9318 12678 11494 1184
2006 10574 12405 11273 1132
2005 11940 11566 10574 992

*Jan and Feb only

Posted on: 2009/4/30 13:33
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/24 14:51
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 224
Offline
Quote:

CommanderKeen wrote:
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
He said that crime was down. Tell a lie often enough and people will believe it.

Not really sure why everyone on this board is so surly they just claim he is making this stuff up.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Jersey-City-New-Jersey.html

go to the crime section and you'll see that all of the following categories are down, pretty dramatically in some cases:
Rape, Robbery, Assault, Burglary, Theft, Auto Theft. The only exceptions are Murder, which has stayed pretty constant, and Arson.
The overall crime index has dropped by 1/3


I've worked in polling and statistics before. I can tell you that drastic increases or drops such as these don't generally occur without significant underlying changes (huge police increases, criminal sweeps, etc), unless the statistics themselves are manipulated. I would pose to you that JC is underreporting crime or changing criteria for their reports. Yes, I know there was a drugdealer sweep, but one action does not change numbers like these. Why, you ask would someone do that? Well lets see . . . who runs JC? Could it be the Mayor wants it to look like crime is down for his own political motives? (which in the end hurts everyone, because you can't get additional safety funding if you report everything is just fine).

Posted on: 2009/4/30 13:15
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/1/19 19:23
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Commander, People don't feel safe and the Jersey City crime rate is higher than the national average. If you were to walk around Jersey City at this hour, especially in certain areas, your sure to get mugged...Come up to Heights, there are gangs, drug dealers roaming around Central Ave, Palisade Ave, Summit Ave, Baldwin Ave to name a few. In other areas, Greenville to name one you could get murdered. Crime is a major problem in JC.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 4:26
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#27
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
actually I'll put it as a screenshot in case you're too lazy to look through that site.

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tempeqf.jpg

Posted on: 2009/4/30 3:44
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#26
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
He said that crime was down. Tell a lie often enough and people will believe it.

Not really sure why everyone on this board is so surly they just claim he is making this stuff up.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Jersey-City-New-Jersey.html

go to the crime section and you'll see that all of the following categories are down, pretty dramatically in some cases:
Rape, Robbery, Assault, Burglary, Theft, Auto Theft. The only exceptions are Murder, which has stayed pretty constant, and Arson.
The overall crime index has dropped by 1/3

Posted on: 2009/4/30 3:39
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9302
Offline
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.


Maybe but the title of this thread still cracks me up - maybe the smarter people live closer to the edge.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 2:37
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/14 17:44
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 310
Offline
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Better yet -- "I have a gub."

Well, it's JC, so don't drink the water.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 0:33
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#23
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/1/31 23:07
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 124
Offline
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.





I'm not bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate. On the contrary I'm quite happy that downtown has a lower crime rate. Neither am I jealous because I live in a different hood than you as your snooty tone implies. I am a downtown resident but one who realizes that the fortunes of the different sections of Jersey City are interlocking. What effects one section of Jersey City has an impact on the surroumding sections. I would ask myself if I were you who is gloating "Those of you who live in Sh*ttier areas"/""drop a few extra bucks". Apparently, you are one of those individuals that gloat and think it can't happen here because "It is nicer here". It's that attitude that ensures that by abandoning the other sections of JC that the crime will also come here.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 0:16
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/8 20:49
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.

Yes Downtown has a lower crime rate then certain parts of the city but Downtown is far from the safest it is only the most expensive. These stats are from January to the end of March of this year. To me it looks like the Heights is safer. Also considering the West district is over double the size of the Eastern and the East precinct is the smallest, Downtown is not looking to great.

Precinct:--East--------North-------West---------South

Murder:---2-------------0-------------2--------------2

Rape:-----3-------------2-------------5--------------4

Robbery:-35-----------34------------68------------60

Ag.Assault:-39--------27------------42------------65

Burglary:--49----------98------------97------------90

Auto Theft:-45---------44-----------68------------53

Larceny:--324---------119---------167-----------115

Arson:-----3-------------2-------------3--------------4

Total:-----500---------360----------452----------393

Posted on: 2009/4/30 0:15
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/24 22:26
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 464
Offline
Don't be so bitter that downtown has a lower crime rate Yahoo. Those of you who live in sh*ttier areas of JC seem to gloat every time something bad happens here. And then you bitch that we have no sense of community and a feeling of "disconnectedness" between hoods. Could it possibly be JEALOUSY?! Because you could drop a few extra bucks to live with us downtown. Lets face it, IT IS nicer here.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 22:41
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/8 20:49
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
We don't think we're immune. We should just be better protected than the rest of JC becaus, hey, let's face it-we pay the taxes and take nothing from the welfare programs.

LOL! What makes you think only Downtown residents pay taxes or more. If you ventured out of Downtown you would know most of this city works and pays taxes and that is excluding Downtown. By the way you seem to forget Downtown has two housing projects, a few public housing complexes, and a decent amount of section 8 buildings it self. There are are plenty of other sections of the city with none of the above or less of the above. So there goes your argument Downtown doesn't receive welfare programs.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 19:53
 Top 


Re: Downtowns impenetrable forcefield pierced by gunman... again
#19
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/4/14 15:20
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
Posts: 60
Offline
ROFL. And which "welfare programs" (funded by your non-abated taxes I'm sure) would you be referring to?

Posted on: 2009/4/29 19:27
 Top 




(1) 2 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017