Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 2 Greenville shootings leave victims badly hurt
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Willy_Lopez wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
a) i love that being a good citizen / helping your community be a better place / doing the right thing - is the evil, evil SNITCHING.

STOP SNITCHING is meant for people who get caught doing illegal activity. Then turn around and help the police build cases on their friends and whoever else they did the illegal activity with in exchange for dropped charges and reduced sentences. That's a true rat and deserves whatever he has coming. Also when two people willingly have a fight and the loser turns around and rats out the guy who whooped his ass.

Thanks Mister Obvious.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 15:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
a) i love that being a good citizen / helping your community be a better place / doing the right thing - is the evil, evil SNITCHING.

STOP SNITCHING is meant for people who get caught doing illegal activity. Then turn around and help the police build cases on their friends and whoever else they did the illegal activity with in exchange for dropped charges and reduced sentences. That's a true rat and deserves whatever he has coming. Also when two people willingly have a fight and the loser turns around and rats out the guy who whooped his ass.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 0:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
What a waste of a thread. Didn't anyone see the locations of these Shootings ?? Common place does not make interesting news.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:

No one is saying snitching is evil. It is just hard to do when the outcome is more negative then positive. I will give you an example. My cousin in the 90s was robbed by other students on his way home from school by teens he knew the names of. He went to the police and told them the kids names. They were arrested and the property was returned. Since the suspects were all juveniles they were all back in school within the next day or two. They jumped him outside the school for snitching so he told the school. The students were eventually kicked out of the school. The students that were kicked out then spread the word in the neighborhood to there friends my cousin was a snitch. After they were kicked out older teens that my cousin doesnt know would jump him for being labeled a snitch. It got to the point he had to be let out of school early by the teachers so he could leave out a backdoor and take the long way home to avoid being robbed and jumped again. Just walking from place to place became a challenge since he didnt know who was out to get him and who wasnt. He was only 13 at that time now think about how much worst it would have been if these teens were older. They were 13-15 and this all happened in Downtown now think about this happening in a neighborhood that has more criminals that are more violent that follow this code.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 23:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users

and

b) should this guy have a chance at a job? http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... p?topic_id=15937&forum=10 . i mean, at some point, he only had one arrest... two arrests... three arrests

Posted on: 2009/1/14 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I think we should ask Antonio Pierce about snitching.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
If I remember right wasn't Rafael Torres one of the guys arrested in one of the many shootings that took place over a 24 hour period a few months back. I'm not 100% sure if he was a shooter or a victim but I want to say he was one of the shooters. Even if he was I wouldn't wish being paralyzed or death on no one. I'm suprised also how many people don't understand why many people don't snitch out of fear of retaliation.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 18:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
the police play the 'stop snitching' game too.. they just get cuter names in the papers like 'the blue wall of silence' and 'whistleblowers'

Posted on: 2009/1/10 1:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
Thank you Greenvillechick and Kiwiluv!

I was a crime victim soon after moving to my last apartment on the Upper West Side in Manhattan, and trust me - it stayed with me for years, so I am not your classic "liberal" (we all know the old joke about conservatives being liberals who got mugged). But JC_Man et al, really now. Have some compassion! Those two guys may have had something coming to them, but to be paralyzed for life is way more suffering than anyone deserves.

If we can't believe in redemption or second chances, what is left?

Posted on: 2009/1/9 22:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/9 22:20
Group:
Registered Users
You know what people are so ignorant. So you think that because a 21 year old make mistakes - he shouldn't be able to walk and paralyzed. Are you serious? There have been plenty of people who made mistakes in their lives and turned positive to say they should forever be an outcast because of something they did when they were 17 or 18. They don't deserve medical treatment but you're okay to your taxes bailing out multi-million dollar corporations!!!!! Disgusting!

Why don't we just outcast them like they did in the Bible to people who had leparcy.

You want people to move on with their lives and they can't get a job - where does that leave them? It cost much more to keep people in prison than to nurture their rehabilitation back into society.....

FYI:

The U.S. Prison Industry
Number of correctional facilities: 1500
Cost to run the prisons and jails in all 50 states and the federal prison system: $49 billion
Average cost to incarcerate a prisoner for a year: $20,142
Average cost to incarcerate a prisoner per day: $55.18

You people are so brainwashed there are plenty of people with money, big wigs that run corporations that do much harsher crimes than these little boys are doing in Jersey city and they get away with NO JAIL TIME!!!! I bet you they have no problem getting a job after that.

To all of you who think's this is a good thing- I pray you have no sons or daughters or you yourself never make a mistake..

Posted on: 2009/1/9 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
And where do you suppose EX-Cons are supposed to go for jobs when they get out of jail.... Would you hire an Ex-Con?? im guessing no, so then what... where do they go? back to the streets to make money? because noone else believed in them to give them a second, hey maybe a third chance... I kept my employees status secret from the president of the company... until he told him himself, and by then he had more then proven himself as a hardworker .... had he known before-hand im pretty sure the president wouldn't have allowed him to be hired. Sometimes people make sacrifices because they believe in others, not because they listen to stereotypes... it's called expanding your horizons, opening up your mind... you should try it sometimes.... maybe not you... but someone... because if I didn't who would have?

Posted on: 2008/8/29 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I never claimed to be a liberal that was a previous poster making the decision for me.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Greenville chick- if you are a liberal you are not an optomist.

you hired an ex-con to work for you? I hope this guy doesnt un-reform while on the job.

I do believe a small portion of felons can turn their lives around but when they don't snitch its obvious they still have strong ties to the streets.

Regardless, justice was served. Thank god an innocent by-stander wasnt hurt or killed.

Since snitching isn't cool in some neightborhood how about we let them police themselves. This would free up more police to protect the neighborhoods that actually pay for the police protection anyway.

It blows my mind how our hardworking tax dollars pay for public services as well as welfare, section 8 and other useless govt programs in these neighborhoods and they inturn ruin the neighborhoods.

Although, the streets do have a strange way of cleaning themselves.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Greenville Chick - it sounds like these two have really reformed themselves and have become model citizens - getting capped in the 'hood and not talking - I guess that's a liberal's definition of giving someone a second (and third, and forth...) chance.

Bleeding heart liberals.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
*sigh* and how do you know that none of these guys had jobs and insurance?? Sure i'm a fudging optimist... but damn ... I hired an ex-con drug dealer to be a driver for my company... and he is the best damn driver we ever had... even more so... he was offered a job in the office... bypassing the shipping supervisor who has been here for over 10 years... people change.. surprise it is possible..

Posted on: 2008/8/29 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
It's street code.... snitches get stitches.... If they snitch they will retalliate and vice versa... back and forth. I'm not saying it's right but saying people deserve to be shot because they served time is ridiculous... I once was arrested for weed in my car when I was 17... so I'm guessing that lol I should have my spine shattered too .... shame on me!

Posted on: 2008/8/29 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Who's covering these dirtbags medical bills? Exactly the tax payer is. If they "dont snitch" they shouldnt get any medical help.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
The fact that neither victim was cooperative with police trying to investigate the shootings speaks volumes. I am not saying the deserved it, but these guys probably have an idea who did this and plan on taking matters into their own hands. Either that or they just adhere to that whole "Stop Snitching" T-shirt craze. Either way, expect more shootings in Greenville.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
wow really?? So anyone who serves time in prison can't reform... if he paid his dues... he still deserves to get shot??? you said it yourself EX-Cons....

Posted on: 2008/8/29 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Two ex-cons shot on the street ... and justice for all!!!

Posted on: 2008/8/29 13:54

2 Greenville shootings leave victims badly hurt
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
2 Greenville shootings leave victims badly hurt

Friday, August 29, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Gunfire erupted in two separate incidents in Jersey City's Greenville section just after midnight yesterday morning, leaving one man paralyzed and another in critical condition, report said.

Neither victim was cooperative with police trying to investigate the shootings, said police spokesman Stan H. Eason.

Malik Martin, 28, of Claremont Avenue, was in critical condition after being shot in the left side at Orient Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, while Rafael A. Torres Jr., 21, of Westside Avenue, was left paralyzed after gunshots led to a car crash at Ocean and Woodlawn avenues, reports said.

Martin, a convicted felon, told police he was at the corner with a group of about 15 people when a car drove by, opened fire, and shot him, Eason said.

Minutes later, police received a report of a Toyota Yaris crashing into parked car at Ocean and Woodlawn avenues, about a dozen blocks away from the shooting, Eason said.

Police found Torres inside the bloody Toyota saying he couldn't feel his legs, Eason said.

Torres, also a convicted felon, told police he was driving on Ocean Avenue when he heard gunshots around Wegman Parkway, felt a burning sensation and then crashed, Eason said.

Doctors at the hospital told police a gunshot shattered Torres' spine and he "would be unable to walk again," reports said.

Martin spent time in prison from July 7, 2003 to Feb. 3, 2004 and June 10, 2004 to Aug. 9, 2008 for aggravated assault, drug possession, escape, and taking someone's car without permission, according to state corrections records.

Torres served time from Nov. 9, 2005 to July 5, 2007 on two convictions for drug possession, state records said.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 13:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017