Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: He keeps walking to Bergen Ave after shot in knee at Montgomery Gardens public housing complex

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/29 5:13
Group:
Registered Users
Not that it's anything close to being shot, but I once jumped/fell off a 1 1/2 story roof (drunk) onto the sidewalk and didnt realize how cut up i was/broken my ankle was til the next morning.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 5:16

Re: He keeps walking to Bergen Ave after shot in knee at Montgomery Gardens public housing complex
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/25 1:50
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I saw it but haven't commented. Some of those Farkers are hysterical.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
I knew there would be at least one more of us in here. I am good. I am also the subby on the article. Did you comment on it? I am not tough to find on there. Not many Elvis' posting.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 20:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/25 1:50
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elvis wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but we made the big time:

http://www.fark.com/

Its the top headline on there now, but will be knocked down as the day goes by. The comments are pretty funny.

Ha! Fellow Farker, how ya doing?

Posted on: 2008/8/25 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry for the double post, but we made the big time:

http://www.fark.com/

Its the top headline on there now, but will be knocked down as the day goes by. The comments are pretty funny.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How drunk do you have to be to not notice getting shot in the leg? I sprained my ankle while I was drunk once and trust me, I felt it.

My Scooby sense tells me there is more to this story. To the mystery machine!

Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/16 6:09
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Ask the law-abiding residents of these housing projects how they feel about stop and searches. I would bet that a majority are for it.

Fortunately biased focus-groups, however sympathetic, aren't typically charged with the task of upholding and defending the U.S. Constitution.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Ask the law-abiding residents of these housing projects how they feel about stop and searches. I would bet that a majority are for it.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 16:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/15 17:45
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Let me clarify, I'm not saying "lets violate everyones 4th amendment right and search every person that walks around..." I am saying that there is a lot of violence in Mont Gardens in general. Regardless of whether or not this incidient occured there. It would be nice to see more police present in the area, Maybe patrolling the area as they do in other projects/housing areas. (Ex, new houses and villa)

Is JCPD doing a better job? YES! I have seen improvements in many parts of the city from Journal Square to MLK. Improvements have taken place.

jc73, i too blame many of the parents but at some point the youth do have a choice. I personally know many people that live in mont gardens and have seen the good, bad and ugly that can come out of it. It's just sad that there are good kids/teens that don't have a choice but to live there and can't walk outside or sit on their stoop without worries of having to be prepared to fight or defend themselves.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 16:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/16 6:09
Group:
Banned
This incident happened at "around 4:20 a.m."

Need we say more?

Posted on: 2008/8/25 16:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/7 2:57
From Pavonia Newport or Newport Pavonia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
A Jersey City man told police he walked nearly half a mile before noticing he was shot in the knee early yesterday morning, according to police.

It wasn't until he reached Bergen Avenue and Montgomery Street that his knee pain worsened and he noticed he was bleeding, police said.

The man appeared intoxicated and he was listed in stable condition at Jersey City Medical Center, with the bullet possibly still lodged in his knee, authorities said.

CHARLES HACK

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but if I am ever shot in the knee even while appearing intoxicated I will fall to the ground screaming. People within a 10 block radius will know I've been injured. I will NOT walk nearly half a mile.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:57

Re: Shooting near Montgomery Gardens public housing complex in Downtown, Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc73 wrote:
By the way how does he know he was shot outside of Montgomery Gardens. Is he trying to say just because he walked passed the projects he was shot there. Whats to say he didn't get shot in a nice section of Jertsey City, is he trying to say they don't have crime in the " yuppie " section. Where was he coming from, I find it difficult to belive that he was just passing by that was a short cut to his house, taking the train to journal square from downtown would just be taking him out of his way.

He is saying that he got shot outside of the projects because that is where he felt the pain in his knee.

Maybe he was grazed by the bullet...

It's a shame that the activities in these projects are such a blight on Downtown. They will really dampen development in that area.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I have an idea lets violate everyones 4th amendment right and search every person that walks around in Montgomery Gardens. That will get all the guns off the street. Heartbreaking stories, sure. I see these children, and I use that term loosely, have no real discipline and guidance. That I blame on the parents. Maybe if the kids didn't think it would be cool to shoot people we would have less crime. I myself and not a big fan of the cops but lets face it people we can't blame them for eveything. You want them to stop crime but if you see them doing something that you don't think is right your the first to say they are violating someones constitutional rights without even knowing what is going on. I've heard people when cops are searching people on the street. One guy outside of the path on grove st said one day they onl;y reason they are searching him is because he was black. Meanwhile this guy wasn't there when the cops pulled and was threatening to shoot the store owner. I happen to catch the entire thing. So stop complaining about the police and when are they going to put an end to crime. Everyone has an opinion from the outside I personally think they are doing somewhat of a good job, most of the neighborhoods are a bit safer.

By the way how does he know he was shot outside of Montgomery Gardens. Is he trying to say just because he walked passed the projects he was shot there. Whats to say he didn't get shot in a nice section of Jertsey City, is he trying to say they don't have crime in the " yuppie " section. Where was he coming from, I find it difficult to belive that he was just passing by that was a short cut to his house, taking the train to journal square from downtown would just be taking him out of his way.

If you ask me something is fishy about this story. There has got to be more than he is telling. I got shot in the knee by the projects and I didn't realize it until I walk a half mile. Sure OK.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/15 17:45
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This is insane! When is the JCPD going to do something about what is happening in our community. Every week (just about) there is heart breaking news being circulated about the crimes/deaths taking place in Montgomery Gardens. I know so many talented/bright kids that live there and wake up to that maddness every day.

Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee!

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:13

He keeps walking to Bergen Ave after shot in knee at Montgomery Gardens public housing complex
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
He keeps walking after shot in knee

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Jersey City man told police he walked nearly half a mile before noticing he was shot in the knee early yesterday morning, according to police.

The 34-year-old Kennedy Boulevard resident said he was near the Montgomery Gardens public housing complex on Cornelison Avenue around 4:20 a.m. when he felt "minor pain" in his left knee, police said.

It wasn't until he reached Bergen Avenue and Montgomery Street that his knee pain worsened and he noticed he was bleeding, police said.

The man appeared intoxicated and he was listed in stable condition at Jersey City Medical Center, with the bullet possibly still lodged in his knee, authorities said.

CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017